• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6????

Popo

face it, the story ended, the world is at peace from biohazards and stuff, they have to know to end it, like metal gear 4, it just ended there, it cant last forever

Popo

they're not new, one of them is a version of mgs4 for xbox and the other is a remake of 1 ported to xbox live

P.S.: sorry for the off topic

Popo

i dont see a number 5 on any of them, which means they are not continuing the story, and they have always ordered them by 1, 2 , 3 and 4 why stop now?
an arcade is not a continuation of the story, ive seen the end of mgs4, the story really ended there, every reason for the game story to end happened in that game

Zombie Enclave

Sequels don't need numbers. There is lots of sequels to movies and any other form of entertainment ( Books, video games, plays and shows ) that have no numbers in them.

Example: There was Rambo III and then " Silvester Stallone's Rambo " released in 2008. Same with Rocky, there was Rocky V and then Rocky Balboa. Same thing with those Harry Potter movies, and the books. Heck, even Obidian Entertainment is making a sequel to Fallout 3 called " Fallout: New Vegas " not just Fallout 4. They also had one called Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. The sequel to Team Fortress was named Fortress Forever, before Team Fortress 2 came out. The second Counter Strike was named Condition Zero, and the list goes on....and on.

Popo

i know but this isnt the point, the point is that the story of resident evil should end, no more reason to continue, lots of reasons to end, just restart the story(not the same) and make it even better than the other

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
GUNS N' ROSES!;52265 said:
i know but this isnt the point, the point is that the story of resident evil should end, no more reason to continue, lots of reasons to end, just restart the story(not the same) and make it even better than the other

couldn't have said it better myself! Trash the story now start over and bring back creepy zombie violence

aintnoscrub

Premium
P.s metal gear psp is starring big boss, so thats not a follow up and mgs rising is not confired whether its a follow up or not yet.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I reckon they should build on the current story whilst tying it in with all the old creepy zombie stuff/storyline. Resi feels a bit... separated? 4 and 5 are soooooooooo different to 1, 2 and 3 :S

Zombie Enclave

What?

You realize that would make no sense, right?

Ugh. Time to go back now.

Imgonnagolistentolinkinpark.jpg

Popo

why wouldnt it make sense? i thought of it as a good idea, an isolated story separated from the other

aintnoscrub

Premium
Frohwned;52947 said:
What?

You realize that would make no sense, right?

Ugh. Time to go back now.

if that was aimed at me...it was a joke..
and it could easily make perfect sense for them to do another continuation from 3.

Zombie Enclave

So, what is going to happen to 4 and 5 if they are not apart of the story?

Does Capcom just say " Hey everybody Resident Evil 4 and 5 aren't apart of the story even though it was, bye. "?

aintnoscrub

Premium
like i said in my first post it was originally a joke so calm yourself, and for the record capcom could easily release a follow up to 3 again as an alternative to 4 and 5, as long as it was made clear what it was. I don't see how that couldn't work.

Feng-Hi

8 years does seem a long time, a lot of the fan base may have moved on so it would need to refresh the story A LOT to pull in new players.

8 is too long though, I'll be 33 by then :-( depressed now.

aintnoscrub

Premium
after a few years you would start to forget it was so long away, and it wouldn't even be in your mind until the teaser came out.
not to mention there will be other resident evils in between, like the psp version, which if it goes down well, would probably have a sequel

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Feng-Hi;53235 said:
8 years does seem a long time, a lot of the fan base may have moved on so it would need to refresh the story A LOT to pull in new players.

8 is too long though, I'll be 33 by then :-( depressed now.

I'll be 26-27... so from pre-university now to married, maybe with kids :S what a chunk of my life waiting for a Resi game

If I have kids then I won't be able to play it, waaaah :confused:

Top Bottom