• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6????

Cameron

Here's to the Atom Bomb
I'll be 28, Jesus.

I read this a few months ago, when RE5 was first released. Kawata said it very well could take eight years, but they're hoping something more like four.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Yeah, it's too long really. They'd better release a lot of GOOD side-games in the meantime!

Zombie Enclave

aintnoscrub;50395 said:
No one wants it to be rushed but with todays tech and the amouny of people working on it, 3 or 4 years should be sufficient

I was talking about IDEAS not technology. Okay, first, Ideas for the story, characters ( which can go through 40 designs ), voice acting, enemies, setting, the technology, artwork, thinking about what console it should come out on, then get some testers to tell them what should be fixed, work on the problems that should be fixed ( if any ), then a release to the public.

There is lots of things to worry about. You can't just get one idea for the story then use it, make 1 design for each character, just look at somebody and make them a voice actor, just come up with a couple of enemies, start getting bunches of people to do all of the technical things, and then release it, without getting play testers.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
What do you guys think should happen in Resi 6?

I'd like to see a Jill return :D for a full game

Zombie Enclave

They NEED new characters. RE4 only had four new characters. RE5 only had three new characters to. (RE4: Luis, Ashley, Saddler, Krauser. ( RE5: Alexia, Irving and Sheva ). RE4 had all of the surviving RE2 characters ( except for Claire, but she was in Degeneration. ), plus Wesker, who appeared in RE5 along with Chris and Jill, the three surviving RE1 characters, yet again without Barry, but he doesn't want to do any fighting anymore, as seen in RE3. Now that the REunion is over, we need new characters. Heck, use some characters that we haven't heard about in a while, like maybe Carlos or one of the Outbreak characters. Maybe have a game where you play as Hunk, and see his story. But we need more new characters. not just three or four characters, in which most die or not even needed. ( Example, Ashley. ) We need a new villain to, Wesker doesn't need to be in EVERY SINGLE GAME! Somebody not as cliche as Wesker. ( Him wanting to take over the world with something. ) Like somebody that isn't some GOD. Average people can be good villains, only if they aren't cliche. Which is what Wesker is not. Some super human cliche villain. And maybe insane people, with zombies that are much more creepier. Not the same flesh eating, slow and dumb zombies. Make them have the smarts of the RE4-RE5 infected and the creepyness of something you would see out of a really freaky horror movie. Just not to Silent hill like though.

Zombie Enclave

I hate double posting, but to continue....

The main character should be someone who survived the destruction of Raccoon City. Make the character somebody who used to be a zombie, but was mostly restored to a human. But make the character look like somebody who used to be a zombie. Make the person still have bruises, blood on them, maybe even some skin torn off. Make the character have some clothes damaged or torn off, because I don't think all of somebody's clothes will be okay after a explosion. Also, don't make the person not have trouble with anything. In the beginning, make the character have trouble running, pushing, walking and of course make the character have lots of trouble with guns. Also, make the character lose sanity, and have hallucinations of what happened to Raccoon City when everybody was infected. Later on, have the character travel to different areas. Make the people in the areas insane, by making them kill people or just act stupid and crazy. And have the most average person the villain. Have references to all the Resident Evil games, and have only one or four old characters. Some of the hallucinations will have the character playing as the survivors of Raccoon City, like Leon or Claire. And maybe, find out some things about what happened to characters that appeared, but were never heard of again.

And those are my ideas.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wolfgirl;51171 said:
What do you guys think should happen in Resi 6?

I'd like to see a Jill return :D for a full game
I want to see Leon and Ada getting a spawn! Else than that, I'm open for almost everything. But it must be a horror game. Not like the early games, not like the latest. Zombies or Ganados I don't care, all I ask is to be scared shotless.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Romero;51203 said:

I want to see Leon and Ada getting a spawn! Else than that, I'm open for almost everything. But it must be a horror game. Not like the early games, not like the latest. Zombies or Ganados I don't care, all I ask is to be scared shotless.

Quite right. The main series is more action, less scare nowadays :(

Zombie Enclave

I see more posts.

No, the series won't end because the most lame and predictable villain is dead. Like I said, OLD CHARACTERS HAVE TO HAVE A BREAK. It's good to put in a old favorite, but to much of the old will be bad. What can you do with them now? Just give them another mission, with completely no new things? Plus, Leon has been in to much Resident Evil media. Degeneration, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4, and soon this new rail shooter game. Chris has been in to much to. Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Resident Evil 5, Deadly Silence, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles * Breath * and most likely this new rail shooter to. And like I said, the new characters just die right after you see them, or they are entirely useless and have no reason to be in the game whatsoever. And plus, why can't we just have a normal person, that isn't some trained Military operative, and is most likely extremely tough. The only game was Outbreak File 1 and File 2. I just can't believe how you people seem to not want space for some new things to try out. Like how you say " The series is over because Wesker is dead. ". To be honest, I hated him. Nothing about him was original, he looked like Neo from The Matrix, he wanted to take over the world, and he is some sort of god. God like+Wanting to take over the world+Wears black= Unoriginal villain, with nothing good about him or her. People just seem to like him because " OMFG HE R LIK SO GODLY AND HE HAS AWESUM SUN GL@SSES AND BBLACK SUIT ON!!!!!11!!! ".

This'll get people mad, I bet. I just bet.

Popo

yup it will, even because your gamer card says wesker and you hate wesker, i admit, him having superpowers kinda ruined the character, but i think he is pretty cool in the remake, and no he doesnt look like neo in the remake

off topic- these days the companies that produce games( like capcom, thq, konami ) are running out of ideas for games, very few new games are original, so with these new technologies like ps3 and xbox360, they should remake the most popular games from ps1, even gameboy or snes, games like metal gear solid 1, the resident evils, duke nukem, and even genesis games, and put mods in them, online mods, so think, an online mod for remake of resident evil 1, classic camera angles, one chris and the other is jill, wouldnt that be cool? and mercenaries for RE1? it would be cool too,

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Frohwned;51392 said:
I see more posts.

No, the series won't end because the most lame and predictable villain is dead. Like I said, OLD CHARACTERS HAVE TO HAVE A BREAK. It's good to put in a old favorite, but to much of the old will be bad. What can you do with them now? Just give them another mission, with completely no new things? Plus, Leon has been in to much Resident Evil media. Degeneration, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4, and soon this new rail shooter game. Chris has been in to much to. Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Resident Evil 5, Deadly Silence, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles * Breath * and most likely this new rail shooter to. And like I said, the new characters just die right after you see them, or they are entirely useless and have no reason to be in the game whatsoever. And plus, why can't we just have a normal person, that isn't some trained Military operative, and is most likely extremely tough. The only game was Outbreak File 1 and File 2. I just can't believe how you people seem to not want space for some new things to try out. Like how you say " The series is over because Wesker is dead. ". To be honest, I hated him. Nothing about him was original, he looked like Neo from The Matrix, he wanted to take over the world, and he is some sort of god. God like+Wanting to take over the world+Wears black= Unoriginal villain, with nothing good about him or her. People just seem to like him because " OMFG HE R LIK SO GODLY AND HE HAS AWESUM SUN GL@SSES AND BBLACK SUIT ON!!!!!11!!! ".

This'll get people mad, I bet. I just bet.

I agree with you, actually :D We need new characters!!

Having said this, let the old characters make cameos or have some parts in the game - the value of the old characters is that they've been through so much

We are getting new side characters, though, like Sheva and Luis

wpstudart

Maybe we need new characters, but cooler than Sheva, maybe a Leon Cousin? :lol: Just kidding, but it would be nice to have new characters, but some old characters doesn't hurt. I like Wesker so much that I didn't care that he was a crazy in Resident Evil 5. COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION. WTF? He just sounded like these Japanese comic book villains, still I like him.

Zombie Enclave

Nice speeches in RE5, and good voice is my only strong points.

But yeah, new characters. There should be at least two Outbreak characters. I would want two old characters, and a old character that has not been heard of. Like Billy and Carlos. Some nice mini games, and some GREAT new monsters. I mean REALLY great. I really think the Cerberus's should be upgraded.

Popo

i still think the resident evil series should come to an end, it just wouldn't make sense anymore, there is no umbrella, spencer died, no more ganados or majinis or zombies, wesker died, it should just end, or they remake the others or start the story all over or none of those

Top Bottom