• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6: What should be in it?

DrainDeimos

Spike991;66901 said:
I don't think the "new" RE's(by which I assume you are referring to RE4 & RE5) are that different from the "original" RE's(by which I assume you are referring to the ones with camera angles), not different enough to try and make a statement by having two entirely different game types...

Frankly, I also don't advocate Capcom trying to make something that appeals to just the everyday gamer looking for their shooting fix...I think RE5's gameplay was very satisfying, if the keep it like that a bit longer I will be pleased by that aspect.:)

They are structurally different but can run on the same engine. Don't associate the original REs strictly with the camera, there was so much more to them. The original REs were hub based, puzzle driven adventure games and were a lot slower paced. The new ones are linear games, not hub based, they are faster paced and emphasize combat over exploration and puzzles. Even resource delivery systems were vastly changed. The originals had you investigate for resources. The new ones have enemies drop them after death.

They are completely different beasts but they can both be built sharing the same engine and assets. It's all about the challenge types. This is evident by the pacing and challenges presented in LiN.

I don't want another RE5. It had no exploration or adventure elements. Just a string of obstacle courses. It's fine if Capcom wants to cater to that crowd but I want RE to deliver what it use to as well.

faggot

i would like it to be like resident evil 4 with zombies maybe and other enemies

also more varied weapons like chainsaws, shovels, etc. weapons that feel different than just the shotgun more powerful shotgun, etc.

also more interactivity in the enviroment like being able to take enemies clothes/weapons like in oblivion and more less serious content for people who want to goof off possibly so you could get like krausers arm if you and like wake gandos with it would be cool lol( maybe not the best example but hopefully the idea is there)

so basically i wouldnt mind them like sort of crossing oblivion resident evil and dead rising's aspects but keep it linear please and keep mercs

i like the overshoulder view for the camera imo i just hope they dont have a static camera like someone said the originals had( they are fine in some games but i feel a static camera like the originals wouldn't hold up in todays standards)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
DrainDeimos;66957 said:
They are structurally different but can run on the same engine. Don't associate the original REs strictly with the camera, there was so much more to them. The original REs were hub based, puzzle driven adventure games and were a lot slower paced. The new ones are linear games, not hub based, they are faster paced and emphasize combat over exploration and puzzles. Even resource delivery systems were vastly changed. The originals had you investigate for resources. The new ones have enemies drop them after death.

They are completely different beasts but they can both be built sharing the same engine and assets. It's all about the challenge types. This is evident by the pacing and challenges presented in LiN.

I don't want another RE5. It had no exploration or adventure elements. Just a string of obstacle courses. It's fine if Capcom wants to cater to that crowd but I want RE to deliver what it use to as well.

The older RE's are not just camera angles, and alternatively the newer ones aren't just "shooters". The lables are very one-sided sometimes.

There are many RE elements that have gradually been dropped throughout the series, and many new elements have arisen. Point being that they aren't so different, that they need to be labled in different categories...

DrainDeimos

Spike991;66976 said:
The older RE's are not just camera angles, and alternatively the newer ones aren't just "shooters". The lables are very one-sided sometimes.

There are many RE elements that have gradually been dropped throughout the series, and many new elements have arisen. Point being that they aren't so different, that they need to be labled in different categories...

They are different enough to warrant two scenarios in RE6, one linear/action and the other non-linear/puzzle driven. I'm not trying to label. I just recognize that RE1/2/3/CV offer a distinctly different experience than RE4/5 and that fans of either experience should be catered to by future RE games.

weskersbarber

im hoping alex wesker will be apart of re6. maybe the main villian but im not sure he would be anything like wesker.they need to make him totally different imo so there would be o comparison between the two weskers

gawyn

I'd like to see a mixture of where the series has gone with no4&5 and the traditional games.
The new camera angel should be kept.
I also like the two player mode in RE5.
A combination of scenarios with tight classic re-situations/mysteries with the more action based scenarios of RE5.
But most important is that the storyline is kept, no Reboot. Let us move toward the final chapter of the Original RE-evil story. Fans want to see allready established characters to return.

Mr Sunshine

I just had a though about RE 6. If they are to bring the T-virus back or something similar, it would be a good gameplay feature for the player to lose with a a single bite. I mean zombies are a fairly easy enemy. The idea is that if you are bitten once you become infected and since there are no antiviruses you say goodbye! I know that is going to be very hard, but I think they should include it at least as a realism(Pro) mode.

Anyway, I just hope that RE 6 will be realeashed soon enough so that we will get more members! :D

Top Bottom