• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident evil 5: Director's cut

biohazard22

It has been recently released that Capcom is making a Resident Evil: Director's cut with a extra scenario for now for the PS3 but said to also release for the Xbox 360. Should release in Spring of 2010.

Levan

Polkka. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBffAoFNLLc - The only vid I know as of yet... Haven't seen a good quality one anywhere.

Yeah! Something else than the desolate wastelands of Resident Evil Africa! (in the game, btw, not exactly the bustling and peaceful ones in real life)

The cranks, the ornate designs of the mansion and especially that descending ceiling reminds me a lot of the castle in RE4. I guess it's time for Chris to be the sandwich now based on 0:26 on the video... LMAO. :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Nice find Levan! : )

It looks pretty good, Definatly liked Jill Valentine pick locking that door open, I geuss closer to the time before it comes out I'll know more about it which will make me want it even more then I want it right now haha

But when it says alternate edition I wonder if it will be a few DLC chapters or an actual disc with a fairly long game included. Interesting!

teal27

Yay! That movie looked so cool. More Chris. More Jill. More Jill and Chris interaction. Su-weet! It's cool to see him so much more, I dunno, at ease with Jill. It's clear that as nice as Sheva is, Jill is his best partner. :D

Kellyrose

BIGHARD CHEATER;58764 said:
I hope that it is comig as DLC because I don't want to buy a disk of RE5 again.

This. $60 is a lot for one more scenario.
Bring on the DLC imo :)

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Kellyrose;58786 said:
This. $60 is a lot for one more scenario.
Bring on the DLC imo :)

And they should make it cheap. At least less than 100 microsoft points or at least FREE because they ripped us off about versus.

teal27

I keep hearing rumors that the motion sensory controller is the ONLY controller you'll be able to use with this game, yet I go read up on the motion sensory controller and it says that using it will be an option.

I wonder what's the real deal? I don't think I can justify spending money on a controller that I don't even like/want, PLUS whatever I need to pay to get the new game. :confused: Obviously I would think if this is DLC the quibbles about controllers would be moot. . .

Kellyrose

teal27;58808 said:
I keep hearing rumors that the motion sensory controller is the ONLY controller you'll be able to use with this game, yet I go read up on the motion sensory controller and it says that using it will be an option.

I wonder what's the real deal? I don't think I can justify spending money on a controller that I don't even like/want, PLUS whatever I need to pay to get the new game. :confused: Obviously I would think if this is DLC the quibbles about controllers would be moot. . .

I don't think motion controllers are the only controllers you will be able to use. Think of it this way, the motion controllers in developement by Sony and Microsoft are probably very different, and if this is really just the same game with some extra stuff added in, it would a major pain in the butt to go back and make it compatible with motion controls on two separate consoles, not to mention costly.

biohazard22

i also heard that they need to make it into a game disc instead of a DLC for the xbox, due to the files being too big for the DLC

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Perhaps they'll make a complete game out the mansion... I mean there's a long time until it's released and much can happen. I hope that's what they'll do, like make a Resident Evil: mission Albert. or somthing. Come to think of it, when Chris and Jill are in that mansion they could make finds that we weren't told about in RE5.

I never saw this picture before? What is it?
83019.jpg

Kellyrose

Did not see this posted anywhere so here it is:

And here’s an example of Capcom Unity in action: based on your feedback, in North American, European and Australia territories, Capcom will be making the new RE5 content for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 available as downloadable content. You will not be asked to purchase a new copy of the game just to get at the new stuff, just make sure to hold on to your RE5 disc and you’ll be ready to roll in Spring 2010 when we make available new Resident Evil adventures (and some other things we haven’t told you about yet) for you. Keep that in mind when thinking about selling RE5 back or handing it off to a friend ;)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/kramez/...dition_content_coming_to_n_america_and_europe

Kellyrose

BIGHARD CHEATER;60298 said:
Thank god. They are finally going to put it as DLC instead of a disk. Praise the lord.

But still they may change and p*** us off, but at least they are going to make it into DLC.

I'm thinking that they will eventually release it on disk (for people who prefer physical copies that they can hold, like me), EVENTUALLY. A lot of people are just happy that they wont have to pay $60 for a game that they already have, plus 2 hours of gameplay.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Kellyrose;60299 said:
I'm thinking that they will eventually release it on disk (for people who prefer physical copies that they can hold, like me), EVENTUALLY. A lot of people are just happy that they wont have to pay $60 for a game that they already have, plus 2 hours of gameplay.

Amen to that.

And i hope that the level will be fun. The background on that blog made it look like the mansion from RE1. I hpoe that they put zombies as some of the enemies. That would be awsome.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
New info

Capcom is readying an updated Mercenaries mode. Titled "The Mercenaries Reunion," this mode has the same rules as the original version, but lets you play as previously unusable characters.

Players can look forward to new costumes for use in the Mercenaries Mode. The magazine has a look at one new costume each for Sheva and Chris. Sheva's "Folklore" costume puts a maroon hood on the heroine. Chris's "Warrior" outfit gives our hero a wild look, with sunglasses, lots of leather, spikes, and an exposed chest (hot!). Expect other costumes as well.

Also promised for the update are new EX figures.

As for the Lost in Nightmares scenario, Famitsu says that in single player, this will run about an hour of game time. You'll encounter a new enemy along the way, a menacing undead guard who roams the underground of Spencer's mansion, the setting of the scenario.

Lost in Nightmares isn't the only scenario, though. The magazine says to expect one additional episode. It doesn't provide specifics.

All this new content will be offered at a budget price of ¥4,990 (for players not used to Japan's ridiculous game pricing, this is pretty low). Capcom is targeting a February 18 release date.

The February 18 date presumably means that Sony's motion controller will be available either on that date or before. Strangely, the Famitsu article makes no mention of motion controls for the game. The information box that accompanies all previews doesn't even mention motion control compatibility. The magazine even has a point by point list of what's different for the new version and doesn't list the motion controls. This is a bit fishy. Let's hope Capcom provides an explanation.

As previously announced, Capcom will be providing the Alternative Edition content as DLC for both Xbox 360 and PS3 players. The DLC list looks like this:

The Lost in Nightmares Episode:
- Includes the Lost in Nightmares episode, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥500/400MSP.

Costume Pack 1
- Includes two costumes, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥200/160MSP.

Additional Episode Title TBA
- Includes the unannounced new episode, EX figures, and two The Mercenaries Returns characters. Priced: ¥500/400MSP.

Costume Pack 2
- Includes two costumes, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥200/160MSP.

It's unclear if the "two characters" listed for each piece of DLC are the same (and yes, it would totally suck if they were).

The DLC content will be gradually released starting in March.

Top Bottom