• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident Evil 3 Remake Cover Art Reveal

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I really like this new nemesis design it look more real compared to the original...
I only realize now That the original nemesis look like if someone sew up is head whit a stapler, while now it look more realistic
The staples are there in the new design - look closer in the slash on his head. I think it helped to make him look creepier when they were more visible before. I don't think he needs to look realistic because that makes it less creepy, in my opinion.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I didn't really like Claire in the re 2 trailer but after playing it I really prefer her over the original... Maybe the same thing will happen whit Jill even if I already like her

I think that’s why I feel more optimistic about the new design of Jill. I was also against Claire’s new design and actress for many reasons- I mean let’s be real, Capcom has let us down with using new models and actors in the past (the Revelations series and RE7 are firm examples). But they seemed to have made me hopeful with REmake 2 to the point that I would support them actually using these newer remakes as a sort of foundation to start retelling a more congruent story within the series that fleshes out the icons.

I’m curious to see if Barry makes an appearance and hope he has more prevalence in the remake, but I know that could be pushing it.

I really want them to remake Code Veronica to keep the fresh spin going... as long as they continue to make some sound decisions in the gameplay and direction of the story and characters, they can take my money.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

The staples are there in the new design - look closer in the slash on his head. I think it helped to make him look creepier when they were more visible before. I don't think he needs to look realistic because that makes it less creepy, in my opinion.
Yeah they are there but not as visible as the original one, they look more like a surgical sew up now... I personally find this design more creepy, because it look more human

@bSTAR_182 Capcom also use actor for devil may cry 5 and character such as dante and vergil are faithful to the original design despite using actor, they look great so I'm faithful that Capcom will make a great job whit Jill and the other character from re 3...

Who knows maybe Barry will have a more prominent role in the endgame, maybe during nemesis final boss, giving Jill support trought helicopter

D

Deleted member 21244

Well I recall a certain member here shooting down my theory of a possible re3 remake reveal by Capcom by telling me it would be to soon, wonder where he/she?:rolleyes:
https://residentevil.org/forums/threads/a-new-resident-evil-game-is-in-the-work.12301/#post-200186

Regardless looking forward to this one.
Yeah my bad XD but I still think it's too soon to release it, I really hope That a different studios was working on 3 remake while the Capcom division 1 was working on remake 2, because if not they are going to reuse asset and gameplay and animation for remake 3 since not even one year passed since Re 2 remake, and it will be a real disappointment

Ark2000

Personally, i really like new designs for Jill and Carlos (nice hair too), even though nothing will beat Voth's classic Jill, but this new design of Nemesis... might take awhile to get used to it, but right now i think it's not as good as it could have been. I will wait for trailer or any other footage before saying anything else. As for Jill not having her original outfit, that doesn't worries me because even if it's not included as extra, i'm sure there will be mod for it. Besides, even though it is similar to some of Lara Croft's outfits, this new one does looks perfectly fine and realistic for the story.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
hmm does Carlos look like Chris if he has a wild bed head? I don't see it lol

Jil...i think its ok...i think it would be better if she had bangs

and Nemesis still look like a prune

D

Deleted member 21244

The cover are now unavailable in the gamestat page while all the other game such as yakuza 7 are clearly visible...
http://gamstat.com/games/tracker/

Probably capcom take the cover out... this is more true than ever, if it was fake why bother taking out only the re 3 remake cover and leaving all the other game? Also the Japanese version of the game have a z version like resident evil 2, the z version is a non censored version of the game... The only things left is Capcom official reveal but I think the whole things is 99 % happening, resident evil 3 remake is reality

Turo602

The King of Kings
Jill looks absolutely strange. Like others have said, after both Leon and Claire in RE2, I'm hoping once we see Jill in action that she starts to embody the character more.

I don't really have a problem with Carlos other than his mop head, but that guy should have totally been Chris because he looks like he could beat Redfield's ass, which is something I never thought about Carlos.:lol:

Nemesis on the other hand, looks awful. His more human face and big teeth make him look more goofy than intimidating.

But overall, I'm happy this game is being made after how amazing RE2 was. I'm expecting a Game Awards reveal, probably to keep the hype going after RE2's nominations.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I was also one of the people who didn't like Claire's look at first, but ended up loving her by the end.

The whole face scanning thing can make you're characters look beautiful from certain angles.
https://external-content.duckduckgo...id=OIP.JIvTbloG5tmpjxRb0WQ6cwHaES&pid=Api&f=1
https://external-content.duckduckgo...antom_pain_20150901002859rn2oi.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

And look rather derpy from other angles.
https://external-content.duckduckgo...t/2019/08/death-stranding-mama.png&f=1&nofb=1
https://external-content.duckduckgo...play.com/walls/full/2/3/c/7338.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Game devs these days are not using photogrammetry to it's fullest and are instead just scanning in the models, doing some light polish and then rigging the faces up with animations, problem is most of the time the face meshes don't really fit the animation points so well, it can look very strange at first, but you end up getting used to it.

Still at least Capcom are hiring good looking models for the men and women and not turning the women into transgender surgeries gone wrong like Mortal Kombat 11 and Mass Effect Andromeda, Dante from Devil May Cry 5 has to be my favorite choice, I can not unsee Adam Cowie's face on Dante as it fits so well.

As for what I've seen with this leaked cover art.
resident-evil-3-remake-001.jpg

I'm mixed.

Jill's face is ok for me, don't love it, don't hate it, but it could be Claire all over again where I'll end up liking it by the end.
Carlos is yeah, kinda what RE7 Chris should have been.
I HATE that they've given Jill the same dirty top from the imposter in the newer Tomb Raider games, but if REmake 2 is anything to go by, Hooker Jill's costume will be back as an unlockable along with Jill getting the legions of mods that did Claire so good.

But I gotta say when I first saw Nemesis, I was convinced the leaked art was a joke.
resident-evil-3-remake-003.jpg

The teeth, the obstructing metal tubing and worst of all, THAT NOSE!!!
I can not unsee that nose, it looks so wrong, not in a terrifying way, but a funny distracting way.
This Nemesis doesn't scare me at all, just looking at him makes me chuckle.

I hope more gets shown at the Game Awards and we'll get to see have Nemesis acts in real time, same with Jill.

D

Deleted member 21244

I think we should see the character in motion, during game... Also the cover it's an artwork maybe the cgi version of them will have a different impact when seeing it..

I'm OK whit Jill and Carlos and I personally like nemesis new design, even if I had to admit that nose is a bit strange

I m overall hyped about this so I don't really care about the design right now XD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Carlos looking like Chris with a wig.

Now all I need is a revamp of Chris’ revamp in RE7 and I’ll be happy.

Honestly, at first glance I thought that was Chris and only wondered about the hair, then common sense kicked in and reminded me that Chris doesn't even appear in RE3. With both his and Carlos's redesigns, I now have to get used to Carlos being hotter than Chris. He may look a little old (not old-old, but he's supposed to be only 21 in RE3 if I'm not mistaken), but I'm into it, mop hair and all!

Jill... Well, it was to be expected that they'd change her face too, and I'm okay with it, even though it might prove difficult to explain to newbies that the female player character in REmake 1 and the main character of REmake 3 are supposed to be the same person. Then again, that's nothing new because Jill is arguably the protagonist with the most redesigns so far, the only recurring element being the colour blue. Speaking of which, I'm surprised they kept the blue top without slapping a jacket on it, even though it now looks more like a tank top than a tube top. But as I said, I'm fine with it, and looking forward to more info.

D

Deleted member 21244

Honestly, at first glance I thought that was Chris and only wondered about the hair, then common sense kicked in and reminded me that Chris doesn't even appear in RE3. With both his and Carlos's redesigns, I now have to get used to Carlos being hotter than Chris. He may look a little old (not old-old, but he's supposed to be only 21 in RE3 if I'm not mistaken), but I'm into it, mop hair and all!

Jill... Well, it was to be expected that they'd change her face too, and I'm okay with it, even though it might prove difficult to explain to newbies that the female player character in REmake 1 and the main character of REmake 3 are supposed to be the same person. Then again, that's nothing new because Jill is arguably the protagonist with the most redesigns so far, the only recurring element being the colour blue. Speaking of which, I'm surprised they kept the blue top without slapping a jacket on it, even though it now looks more like a tank top than a tube top. But as I said, I'm fine with it, and looking forward to more info.
Jill design was the same since resident evil remake her face was always modeled after Julia voth face, from remake 1 until her last appearance in resident evil revelations, remake 3 is the first redesign for Jill...

I don't se how she is the Most redesigned character in the series, the most redesigned is probably chris

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
They kept Jill consistent from REmake to Umbrella Chronicles and RE5. It was Revelations where they changed her face up.

I just hope they bring us up to speed with Jill in a later game and, as long as the actress and model does well for REmake3, they reuse her likeness. Same goes for Claire as I would love to see the same actress return for her- Code Veronica and something to follow up from Revelations 2.

I feel like Capcom may lose the chinless Chris model, from RE7, the next time they feature him...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
No idea if Julia Voth was still the basis for Jill's face in Revelations and ORC, but if so, they really messed her up, because those versions of Jill look nothing like in REmake 1 and RE5. And by redesign, I mean not just the face. Jill also had a different voice in almost every game she appeared in, and noticeably changed her hair style and colour. The same also happened to other characters, and I agree that Chris My-blue-eyes-turned-brown Redfield isn't far behind, but if you compare that to Leon, for example, who has always been instantly recognisable by his Backstreet Boys hair alone, or Ada, whose voice change almost went unnoticed because the second voice sounds so much like the first, I'd say Jill still stands out.

Edit: By Ada's second voice, I mean the one she had in RE6, as opposed to RE4. REmake 2 gave her a new voice again, that sounds very different to my ears than the one before.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Even if it means Chris will win the race, I hope they change him one more time to bring his sexy back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel
D

Deleted member 21244

Jill valentine face was modeled after Julia voth from residente evil remake until the last game she appeared, revelations 1 if I remember right...

Her face in revelations its exactly the same in resident evil remake and 5, they didnt messed up anything...

You can clearly see her face is the same i. This pictures since 2002 remake they didn't messed her up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/aminoa...-by-julia-voth/JJtd_uPx42RRqvjXXN8Ze3ZWezQlxR

https://www.google.com/amp/s/capitalgaming.mx/quien-podria-ser-la-nueva-jill-valentine/amp/

Her voice actress was the same for umbrella chronicles, re 5, mercenaries 3d and 2019 game card teppen... Revelations had a different voice actress... Every re character had at least 3 different voice chacracter since their first appearance

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That picture in your second link doesn't show Jill as she appears in Revelations 1, it's Julia's face modded into her Revelations outfit (or the other way around). If you scroll down, it even says right there who her face model for Revelations 1 was, and it's not Julia Voth.

But whatever, I'm not arguing about this. If they look the same to you, fine by me.

D

Deleted member 21244

That picture in your second link doesn't show Jill as she appears in Revelations 1, it's Julia's face modded into her Revelations outfit (or the other way around). If you scroll down, it even says right there who her face model for Revelations 1 was, and it's not Julia Voth.

But whatever, I'm not arguing about this. If they look the same to you, fine by me.
That Jill is from revelations 1, the first picture also show you that revelations 1 Jill is the same as remake and resident evil 5...

https://imgbin.com/png/JJ2QDVFm/res...-5-resident-evil-3-nemesis-jill-valentine-png

Revelations 1 use Julia voth face, Someone must be blind to not see that

Top Bottom