• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident evil 3 demo confirmed and first gameplay

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

Personally, I just hope that the game isn't impossible to beat without the dodge move. If it is.... well, looks like I've got some training to do.
You can beat the demo whitout the dodge move, but i cant answer for the rest of the game since I don't knkw which type of enemy the game will have, but not using the dodge is actually a waste in my opinion since it s very helpful and funny after you master it and manage to get you out of dangerous situation

Mr.R

Played more of the demo today and I have more impressions: I still suck at finding Mr.Charlies...I had 5, found 3 more. I don't want to look up on a video though, I have fun hunting them...for now.

Jill. I like her snarky attitude here, especially since she's dealing with Umbrella's mercenaries, which for all intents and purposes, she doesn't have any reason to trust at that point yet. Also, she had more personality in that conversation with Carlos and Mikhail than she had in the whole of Revelations (still don't know if is the writing or Michelle Ruff's fault there, but Jill is absolutely boring in that game).

Jill's gun: Well...we don't have the Samurai Edge! I thought the Glock was a placeholder in the first trailers, but now I have a different theory. Since Jill was on house arrest, she probably would need to surrender her service weapon to the RPD (the S.Edge), and the weapon we have on the demo, the G19 is her personal sidearm. I think there might be two ways we can find the Samurai Edge. Maybe we take a trip on the RPD as Jill to get it from her desk or the armory or Kendo might give it to her when they meet (but then it wouldn't be Jill's gun but a Samurai Edge anyway).
At any rate, I'm sure the Edge will be in the game........hopefully.

I really love to stare at all the ads and posters and foods and products...........that's probably why I'm such a bad speed runner.

D

Deleted member 21244

@Mr.R I agree I love Jill's snark!

As for her samurai edge, if I'm not mistaken - in the original Resident Evil 3 anyway - the fax from Kendo said that he had just completed the samurai edge for the S.T.A.R.S. unit so they weren't using it yet.
Jill is using the samurai edge in re 3, even in the remake 1 and umbrella chronicles, maybe that fax was of some month ago, Don't know

At first i was disappointed that she doesn't use her samurai edge in re 3 remake but after have unlocked jill samurai edge in re 2 remakey i think i know why they didn't decide to use the gun in re 3 and the answer is that it dosent suit very well in game, i personally didn't like leon and Claire using that gun, the gun looks off, i prefer claire revolver and leon matilda, even wesker samurai edge looks off, it look so tiny and not powerful at all, i think the gloack suit better whit the overall new jill outfit too and game design

I think it can be unlocked at some point, since Jill samurai edge is in re 2 remake it wjll obviously be in re 3

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Did you guys notice how beautiful the detail in this game are? I spend hour looking around, simply awesome

Oh yes, I love how detailed everything is, and how colourful! Modern games, especially horror and other grittier genres, tend to look mostly grey and brown because it's more "realistic". That includes REmake 2, where the city streets look rather dull and lifeless in the wrong way, and I was never a fan of that. Good to know REmake 3 isn't going for the same style.

Like I mentioned above, in this particular cutscene I also found her to be too snarky for my taste. It seems as if she takes every sentence as a personal attack. I don't like that attitude and I know for sure that many people don't like that either. However I haven't seen her act this much bratty in any other cutscene, so hopefully she won't be like this throughout the entire game.

Oops! I missed your original post about that, but yeah, I agree. It's not like Jill can't bring out the verbal hammer where appropriate, almost all of her encounters with Nicholai in the original game (and some with Carlos) were rather heated, but at no point did I have to fear that she was going to stick her tongue out in the next second. We'll see how it goes.

Concerning the handgun: I was confused about that too, especially since Jill does use a Samurai Edge in the Mansion Incident (in the remake, anyway), but as Mr.R said, she wouldn't get to keep it after being suspended. And I'm not sure her duty weapon in REmake 1 is even her own customised model or just the default one. (I'm going to check that later today, when I'll be replaying REmake 1 in preparation for the near future.) But it wouldn't be the first time we find different handguns in the game with different strengths and weaknesses, so maybe Jill will be given her customised model by Kendo or, if she already had it before, find it in the RPD, and then it's up to us to decide which pistol we prefer to use more.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Jonipoon I feel like we all need to remember who she's dealing with when she's being snarky. UBCS. She just met these guys and they work for the company who caused the Mansion incident and turned the city into zombies.

The demo seems to pick up right after Carlos is like "woah we don't have anything to do with that, we're here to rescue people" but she has no reason to believe that.

I would find it unbelievable if she was just like "okay!" and they all became best friends.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
This is probably just a coincidence, but the music in the demo that plays when you walk to the ground from the subway train is eerie similar to the beginning bassline from the popular app Plague Inc. (which is also about virus pandemic):

D

Deleted member 21244

@Jonipoon i think it's just a coincidence, it's just random techno sound i guess

I find this interesting video on some Easter egg from the re 3 demo... You cam see the RPD on the distance, never noticed that... There are also some interesting outbreak Easter egg too

Edit: Also it happear that some copy about the game have already been leaked and some people are playing the game now, so be careful on the internet if you want to avoid spoiler

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Jill's original S.T.A.R.S outfit is in the game and looks a lot better than that stupid mod video I saw for the demo where her head was too big for her body.

EDIT:

To all concerned that lickers weren't in the original RE3, they make an appearance in the remake. It doesn't look like they leave the RPD but they're in it.

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Ok, I'm definitely not going to read that. But if the full game story has already been leaked 2 weeks ahead of its release, how do we deal with spoilers? I trust most of the members here will put on spoiler tags like Magnolia just did, but how about others?

It's a bit sad that it's been leaked already. It really makes it difficult to hang around the web for the next few days.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Ok, I'm definitely not going to read that. But if the full game story has already been leaked 2 weeks ahead of its release, how do we deal with spoilers? I trust most of the members here will put on spoiler tags like Magnolia just did, but how about others?

It's a bit sad that it's been leaked already. It really makes it difficult to hang around the web for the next few days.

Agreed. Fortunately for me I start my new job tomorrow and I'll be working 45 hr weeks so it should be fairly easy for me to avoid spoilers. That being said, I won't have any money for new games until the 2nd week of April so that might be tough.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
@Jonipoon i think it's just a coincidence, it's just random techno sound i guess

I find this interesting video on some Easter egg from the re 3 demo... You cam see the RPD on the distance, never noticed that... There are also some interesting outbreak Easter egg too

Edit: Also it happear that some copy about the game have already been leaked and some people are playing the game now, so be careful on the internet if you want to avoid spoiler

That is hilarious to hear about the “Disaster” advertisement in R3make resembling the RE6 poster.

I definitely noticed the Terminator and Alien/Predator poster references. Love that Capcom takes so much inspiration from my favorite film franchises. It all comes full circle.

Jill's original S.T.A.R.S outfit is in the game and looks a lot better than that stupid mod video I saw for the demo where her head was too big for her body.

EDIT:

To all concerned that lickers weren't in the original RE3, they make an appearance in the remake. It doesn't look like they leave the RPD but they're in it.

I literally went searching YouTube to see if I could find the video... no luck.

As much as I’d like to be as surprised as I was playing REmake 2, I’ve already been following R3make’s production a lot more than I ever did 2’s production so... might as well spoil it all!:lol:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@bSTAR_182 It's probably because the title was in Spanish. I found it by accident.

YouTube has deleted the videos so no more temptation for you. It sucks that I wasn't able to watch the full game, though. I'm so psyched and that new gameplay was just so addicting!

I know most people probably don't want spoilers but, if you do, message me any questions you have and I'll tell you what I know.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Here's my overall opinion after playing the demo roughly 6 times.

This is only a demo. So many of my gripes AND glowing endorsements are subject to change in the final product. As a Resident Evil game...I think it's beautiful. It's freakin' amazing. As a remake specifically of my favorite game from the PS1 era...I'm still very on the fence. From purely a gameplay perspective I do love it. I AM a bit worried about how present Nemesis will be throughout the game. I would like to be able to appreciate the layout, design, and overall detail of the city, and all the hardwork that went in to making it. If Nemesis is as aggressive as they claim he will be, then I don't see myself getting that opportunity often, as well as it going from "Scary" to just an annoyance/inconvenience.

Jill's personality is on point, and hopefully she maintains that throughout the game. For all of The Umbrella Chronicles version of RE3's faults, they definitely nailed the banter between her and Carlos. And I hope we get to see more of that as the game progresses.

Carlos comes off as too old and experienced, but we also only see a little bit of him. Hopefully they retain his sense of boyish charm and more or less innocence. At least compared to every other living character in the game. Jill included.

The game demo doesn't do much in terms of "Horror," but again, it's such a small portion, that maybe this is mostly supposed to show off the new gameplay and new mechanics, than show off the genre. Hopefully, like REmake2, it'll have that same sense of slow foreboding and unexplained tension, and not just be an action run where you feel like, as Carlos puts it, a "Supercop."

Perfect Dodge. Whoo Boy. It's such a cool feature...For a different game. The slow down time effect where you can get a couple of shots off...it just feels too Matrix. Too John Wick. Too Action in general. I'm just not a fan of that in a Resident Evil game.

Overall I'd like to think that, despite my concerns my initial reaction is generally positive. I still have my concerns. Which as a long time fan I think are decently valid. But this demo also did server to quell at least a couple of them.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have enjoyed reading all of your responses to this. Magnolia - that is a BEAUTIFUL Spoiler. Thanks for posting it!

I am too excited for this game.

I suppose I will be buying it digitally when it comes out even though I like to support Game Stop even despite their recent attempts to stay open. Now that they're closed, I hope I can still get like curbside game pick up. I already put a deposit down on FF7R, so I will either have to wait for it to open OR call them and tell them I am coming for it and they can't stop me. haha

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yeah, I just called GameStop and I guess the only way they are doing the curbside pickup is if you order from online and have it delivered to a store... not sure why this excludes actual pre-orders made in the store but yeah... I may be finding another way around this too cause I can’t wait to play this game!

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@UniqTeas Yeah I really wanted a physical copy of RE3 so I pre-ordered from Best Buy. Thankfully they're still doing curbside but if they do close I'm digitally buying.

I WILL be playing this game on release day one way or another.

I really hope everyone loves this game as much as I'm going to but I feel like this is going to be RE4 all over again. Some people are really going to love the changes they made and some people are going to hate it. I can already think if a few members here who are probably gonna hate it just from what I've seen of it.

The only thing I'm personally worried about is that it might be short... Again! I feel like they put a lot of work into Resistance and, while everything I was able to watch looked great and had me giddy with excitement, I REALLY hope that wasn't almost the whole game.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think my personal feelings on the original RE2 kind of clouded my enjoyment of the remake when it came out as I expected a lot more out of the game, but it felt like they cut so much out.

With RE3 though, I have played it a lot less and I feel like the original is a lot less iconic in terms of locations, story and characters (in spite of Nemesis and Jill) and I think this Remake will benefit from that. With RE2, I guess I didn't really know what I wanted, did I want them to change iconic locations, add new ones or keep everything exactly the same? But with RE3, as long as they keep the setting and feel of Raccoon City the same, I wouldn't really mind any changes that were made to those aspects of the game. With the trailer at the end of the demo, we've already seen that Marvin features, (conscious this time) which gives me hope for great new additions to the game.

In terms of the demo, I don't think I have many complaints. I think it might take me a bit to get used to some of the control changes from RE2 but that can be said of any game. The exploration aspect was great, it felt like the world was quite open, being able to explore most of the shops in the street, going down different alleyways etc. I liked using the dodging feature, something I think could have been useful in RE2 especially in boss fights, although I do fear that in the main game spamming it may become the norm. I think, gameplay-wise, the thing that has me the most concerned was the mobility of Nemesis, the way he can chase you, jump in front of you and grab you to pull you back, which I think may become more annoying than scary in the long run.

I enjoyed looking around the demo for the Mr. Charlie dolls as well. Imagine if they were that densely packed into the main game as well, we'd never find them all :lol:

Overall, definitely enjoyed the demo, can't wait for the full game. One week left.

Last edited:
Top Bottom