• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident evil 3 demo confirmed and first gameplay

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

Capcom as officially confirmed that a demo is on the ways, release date as not yet been given but it will probably release soon

http://instagr.am/p/B8_uz4FjyMU/
I'm really hyped about it

New gameplay video and preview here:

It look really amazing and different and probably better than re 2 remake

There are also section in which jill and Carlos will fight togheter

Last edited by a moderator:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
YES!!:lol: RE3 is finally getting it's own hype!

Edit 1: Thank you quick step technology that's not based on perfect timing!!

Edit 2: I love how Jill's still being so badass even in the face of Carlos' new hotness. That's our girl. Way to stay in character.

Over all I'm loving the look of the gameplay and I'm so psyched for this to just come out already. I've already taken release day off from work so I can devote a three day weekend to exploring this game! I'm really, really glad that RE3 is finally getting the attention and love it deserves. I only hope that they expanded the campaign to be more what we expect from Resident Evil, which was one of the biggest gripes of the original I believe - that it wasn't long enough.

Everything just looks so great and, having played the original multiple times recently, things are certainly looking familiar for all they changed. I'm just so excited.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

YES!!:lol: RE3 is finally getting it's own hype!

Edit 1: Thank you quick step technology that's not based on perfect timing!!
Fortunately you can dodge whenever you want by pressing r1, only the perfect dodge that gives you a slow motion boost must be done perfectly

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Fortunately you can dodge whenever you want by pressing r1, only the perfect dodge that gives you a slow motion boost must be done perfectly
Which is honestly an amazing feature. I really suck at so-called perfect timing, and it's nice to know I won't get punished for it. In the original I can only dodge at random and most of the time I'm not expecting it because I suck so badly at it that it's more of a hindrance when I'm actually able to pull it off.

Having a perfect dodge is great but it's nice that it's not the only dodge of the game. (Because let's face it: Nemesis is not Mr. X and simply evading him just doesn't work that well at all.)

D

Deleted member 21244

Which is honestly an amazing feature. I really suck at so-called perfect timing, and it's nice to know I won't get punished for it. In the original I can only dodge at random and most of the time I'm not expecting it because I suck so badly at it that it's more of a hindrance when I'm actually able to pull it off.

Having a perfect dodge is great but it's nice that it's not the only dodge of the game. (Because let's face it: Nemesis is not Mr. X and simply evading him just doesn't work that well at all.)
I did suck at dodge too in the original re 3, it was pretty random, but now looks great, the perfect dodge look morr smoothly and natural to do compared to the original re 3 dodge so it will probably be very fun to do

I also read that The defensive items from re 2, have been discharged in favor of the dodging mechanic, and now you have an unbreakable knife that is obviously not as powerful as the one from re 2 remake

I'm really hyped about all this, look even better than re 2 remake

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Albertwesker959 Any word on if gunpowder is making a return? (I know we had it in RE2 remake but I really enjoy that aspect of the game and unfortunately I was only able to watch the shortest video because I'm at work.)

I love that some of these scenes we're seeing take place in Outbreak/Chronicles locations, by the way. (Like the subway station.) It ties the games together which is really nice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

@Albertwesker959 Any word on if gunpowder is making a return? (I know we had it in RE2 remake but I really enjoy that aspect of the game and unfortunately I was only able to watch the shortest video because I'm at work.)

I love that some of these scenes we're seeing take place in Outbreak/Chronicles locations, by the way. (Like the subway station.) It ties the games together which is really nice.
they didn't mentioned gunpowder but i apparently see them in the video so they are making a return i guess

They say that they changed the cable car whit a subways because they feel it to be more realistic
Yeah i like how some chronicles/outbreak environment are there

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
That's insane. No actual gameplay since its first announcement, and suddenly we're SURROUNDED by hours of new gameplay in just 1 day.

I only watched IGN's review and was blown away by how good the graphics are, they actually look a bit better than RE2 (or its just my imagination) and I'm glad to hear that Raccoon City feels huge yet claustrophobic - that's exactly what I was hoping for. It's also refreshing to see Jill staying true to her character by waving off Carlos like that, in a more modern way (because "Keep dreaming!" would sound too cartoonish nowadays).

I won't watch any more gameplay videos from now on, I don't want to ruin my first experience in April!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Was a bit baffled that Nemesis had the same punch animations as Mr X, might make his melee attacks too predictable.

Also nice to see the banter between Jill and Carlos, I just hope they don't go full woke and have Jill stay stone cold towards Carlos the whole game, his charm should break through and Jill softens up towards him, considering that Carlos in the original was the closest any guy in RE got to wooing Jill.

I need to resist the urge to view any more info, but the hype is too damn strong!!!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Also nice to see the banter between Jill and Carlos, I just hope they don't go full woke and have Jill stay stone cold towards Carlos the whole game, his charm should break through and Jill softens up towards him, considering that Carlos in the original was the closest any guy in RE got to wooing Jill.
I wouldn't worry about that. I've seen some footage from a little later where they seem to have a pretty friendly banter so I think we'll be okay on that front.

D

Deleted member 21244

I didn't want to spoile anymore morr things but its hard yo resist :cry: i will try to not watch anything and wait for the demo

Edit: @xMobilemux yeah i notice the similar animation whit mr x, but they are only two moves, the punch and the two hand punch, the other are totally new

They say that nemesis will drop you special item if you knock him out just like the original

D

Deleted member 21244

This makes me even more upset about RE8 being first-person. Holy sh*t this game looks incredible.
I think this game show the perfect balance between action and horror, it look a perfect re game, i m so hyped that i think this could become one of my favorite re game ever

I want to use the dodge mechanic so badly right now lol

@Magnolia Grandiflora i hope so, i remember that they didn't show that that much during resident evil 2 marketing , only re 2 final trailer had spoiler, like evey other final trailer from game

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think this game show the perfect balance between action and horror, it look a perfect re game, i m so hyped that i think this could become one of my favorite re game ever

I want to use the dodge mechanic so badly right now lol

I am a little worried about the emphasis on action, especially if the game is a huge success and then Capcom just devolves back to their old ways. But what I'm seeing so far, it looks like a decent blend that could still be very tense if done correctly.

I've always been a RE2>RE3 guy, and for as much as I loved REmake 2, this one definitely has the potential to outdo it. REmake 2 was an incredible evolution of the series, but it just didn't capture RE2 completely, and R3make looks like it's expanding on that greatly.

Turo602

The King of Kings
@Turo602 @Albertwesker959 I think the thing we all have to remember is that RE3 was always a little more action oriented than the other originals simply because Nemesis was so fast. We had to be a little quicker as well to keep up.

Definitely, and that's okay. But we're in over the shoulder now, and Capcom is Capcom, so I just hope they don't get the wrong message this time like they did with RE4 and RE5. I have no problem with the mechanics being a little more actiony, just so long as the purpose is to be able to keep up with the scarier threats and not just completely destroy them. Which I always thought the original RE3 did well, which is why I've never been one to agree with the sentiment that Resident Evil was always heading towards action.

Top Bottom