• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident evil 3 demo confirmed and first gameplay

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Edit: i just saw some video of the hunter gamma happearing in the park while playing whit jill, but in my playtrought they didn't appear
Yeah the enemies, as well as the items, are random. Outside of the garage you can get dogs or zombies, same with outside the RPD and the cable car. Outside of the wrecked bus, outside the clocktower and outside the newspaper office you can get dogs or crows. On the way to the graveyard you can get spiders or the worm things. (I always thought they were leeches but everyone calls them worms so...) In the clocktower hallway you can get brain suckers or spiders and in the dining room type area of the clock tower you can get zombies or brain suckers. (Or is it drain deimos in there?)

Under the water treatment facility you can get the cutscene with the zombies, if you jump, but I think you can get hunters if you come in from the other way and knock Nemesis off the bridge. As you're going upstairs you can get brain suckers, hunters or the skinless zombies. In the park you can get hunters or worms and, of course, on the bridge you can get hunter gammas or zombies.

I honestly wonder if the randomized enemy encounters will be in the remake or if it will be standardized.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah the enemies, as well as the items, are random. Outside of the garage you can get dogs or zombies, same with outside the RPD and the cable car. Outside of the wrecked bus, outside the clocktower and outside the newspaper office you can get dogs or crows. On the way to the graveyard you can get spiders or the worm things. (I always thought they were leeches but everyone calls them worms so...) In the clocktower hallway you can get brain suckers or spiders and in the dining room type area of the clock tower you can get zombies or brain suckers. (Or is it drain deimos in there?)

Under the water treatment facility you can get the cutscene with the zombies, if you jump, but I think you can get hunters if you come in from the other way and knock Nemesis off the bridge. As you're going upstairs you can get brain suckers, hunters or the skinless zombies. In the park you can get hunters or worms and, of course, on the bridge you can get hunter gammas or zombies.

I honestly wonder if the randomized enemy encounters will be in the remake or if it will be standardized.
It would be cool to have this randomized enemy in the remake, but it would probably be to hard for those who want to make the s+ rank on hardcore, because a minimal error can kill you and ruin the playtrought

At one hand I find it strange that there won't be a Mercenaries mode, since the RE2 remake brought back both the 4th Survivor and Tofu mode from the original. On the other hand, it seems one vital reason for this might be that they're incorporating stuff from the Mercenaries mode into the actual story mode, such as rescuing hostages, in order to extend the length of the main game. This seems like a pretty plausible reason and I'm fine with it, especially since I never cared that much for Mercenaries in the first place.

Nevertheless, there's nothing that says Capcom won't eventually release a version of the Mercenaries in the future. While Carlos's playability in the main story seems to have been expanded upon greatly, I highly doubt we'll get to play as Nikolai or Mikhail in it. So it leaves room for expansion.

Perhaps Peter Fabiano is simply saying that Mercenaries won't be a part of the remake, but instead there will be a new unlockable minigame we haven't heard of or seen before. They might simply call it "UBCS mode" or something.
Fabiano say that mercenaries has been replaced by resistances that's why they didn't put it in the remake

I hope they release it at a later date whit an update... Also i think there will be some extra mode to play after the game s end because if there is not it will be really short game to do

Last edited by a moderator:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
It would be cool to have this randomized enemy in the remake, but it would probably be to hard for those who want to make the s+ rank on hardcore, because a minimal error can kill you and ruin the playtrought
I see what you're saying but I think it would bring a lot to the remake. I mean that's part of what set the original apart from the previous two. You didn't know what would be waiting around the corner for you.

I think S Rank on this game is gonna be hard anyway just because of Nemesis. While Nemesis stalked you in the original, there were scripted times he was supposed to show up and you could manipulate when you met him to try and secure some advantage.

If the remake is anything like RE2 remake, he's going to have a lot more free reign even if he still can't follow you everywhere.

Either way this game is going to pose a challenge for complete-ists and speedrunners alike.

D

Deleted member 21244

I see what you're saying but I think it would bring a lot to the remake. I mean that's part of what set the original apart from the previous two. You didn't know what would be waiting around the corner for you.

I think S Rank on this game is gonna be hard anyway just because of Nemesis. While Nemesis stalked you in the original, there were scripted times he was supposed to show up and you could manipulate when you met him to try and secure some advantage.

If the remake is anything like RE2 remake, he's going to have a lot more free reign even if he still can't follow you everywhere.

Either way this game is going to pose a challenge for complete-ists and speedrunners alike.
Yeah you have right speed runner will have a lot to play whit... i also like challenge, I'm really hyped by this game

Rain611

You can't kill me.

Yea, which I will no doubt rage over since I am a completionist and a wanna be speed runner lol. I'm not bad but I don't have world records.

D

Deleted member 21244

So capcom just confirmed that resistance was going to be a separate game from re 3 remake but they decided to incorporate it whit re 3 because re 3 had only one campaign while re 2 had two campaign making the game more repayable

My biggest fear are coming true, i hope that the campaign isn't short

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
So capcom just confirmed that resistance was going to be a separate game from re 3 remake but they decided to incorporate it whit re 3 because re 3 had only one campaign while re 2 had two campaign making the game more repayable

My biggest fear are coming true, i hope that the campaign isn't short
That has been a growing concern for me as well.
Even REmake 2 had like 3 extra costumes each for Leon and Claire, as well as all the Samurai Edge handguns, all we've heard in regards to extra content for REmake 3 is the classic outfits via pre order and the Resistance game.

If Capcom is gonna confirm something concerning like that, then they should announce the average game length as well as if there will be more unlockable modes for replayability.

D

Deleted member 21244

That has been a growing concern for me as well.
Even REmake 2 had like 3 extra costumes each for Leon and Claire, as well as all the Samurai Edge handguns, all we've heard in regards to extra content for REmake 3 is the classic outfits via pre order and the Resistance game.

If Capcom is gonna confirm something concerning like that, then they should announce the average game length as well as if there will be more unlockable modes for replayability.
If they announce extra mode they will do that whit the final trailer like they did whit resident evil 7 and resident evil 2, Infact at the end of those trailer you can see not a hero dlc coming for re 7 and 4th survivor in re 2 and ghost survivor coming as an extra free dlc

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah, I mean - there will almost definitely be some kind of DLC package. This is 2020.

I don't know if I have high hopes for a Mercs mode though since they have put so much effort in to Resistance. It would be great though. The old Mercs games were kind of boring, but RE4 and RE5 made them really fun. Those versions with RE3's look would be insane!

And for the record, I doubt I will ever Platinum a RE game. WAY too hard ya nutbags!

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah, I mean - there will almost definitely be some kind of DLC package. This is 2020.

I don't know if I have high hopes for a Mercs mode though since they have put so much effort in to Resistance. It would be great though. The old Mercs games were kind of boring, but RE4 and RE5 made them really fun. Those versions with RE3's look would be insane!

And for the record, I doubt I will ever Platinum a RE game. WAY too hard ya nutbags!
The resident evil game are actually pretty easy to platinum, maybe only resident evil zero can give some annoiance, i platinumed all the resident evil game except for the Revelations one, and I'm currently working on re 0 and re 1, they are not hard at all, they are more of an annoiance because you have to replay the game many times in order to make all the trophy , but they are actually all easy to do

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
You're JOKING!

RE2 has ridiculous criteria! Complete the game with a Recovery item. Don't use the Item Box. Complete the Game in Under 14,000 steps. Nuts!

God Of War was pretty easy to Platinum. Horizon Zero Dawn was pretty easy to Platinum. Every RE game is a trophy hunting torture scenario!

D

Deleted member 21244

You're JOKING!

RE2 has ridiculous criteria! Complete the game with a Recovery item. Don't use the Item Box. Complete the Game in Under 14,000 steps. Nuts!

God Of War was pretty easy to Platinum. Horizon Zero Dawn was pretty easy to Platinum. Every RE game is a trophy hunting torture scenario!
I platinumed re 2 in just two day, it was easy, i did achieve the 14,000 steps by just playing normally, you don't have to use the box at all, and i can easy play the game whitout getting a scratch... Also remember that you can do all that trophy at assisted mode making them a joke

Nha they aren't hard trust me, they are only annoying

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@UniqTeas I have to agree with @Albertwesker959 on this one, Resident Evil 2 Remake was really easy to platinum. It's the only game I've ever platinumed and I got pretty much everything without trying except for the raccoons, the S+ rank on hardcore and not using the item box. Finishing the game in less than 14,000 steps was really easy and I didn't even do it on purpose. As long as you know the game and minimize your backtracking it should be a piece of cake, especially on the B scenario because key items are in more slightly advantageous places.

D

Deleted member 21244

@UniqTeas I have to agree with @Albertwesker959 on this one, Resident Evil 2 Remake was really easy to platinum. It's the only game I've ever platinumed and I got pretty much everything without trying except for the raccoons, the S+ rank on hardcore and not using the item box. Finishing the game in less than 14,000 steps was really easy and I didn't even do it on purpose. As long as you know the game and minimize your backtracking it should be a piece of cake, especially on the B scenario because key items are in more slightly advantageous places.
Yeah, for example i did finish the b scenario in less than 1 hour and half and getted the s+ rank
Evey part of the game can be easy speen runned if you know what to do, for example, it tokes me 10 minutes to gather all 3 medallion, 10 minutes to geat out of the sewer and 10 minutes for the laboratory part, and the medallion part and laboratory part are even Easyer and quicker to do on the second run

D

Deleted member 21244

New gameplay was showed at capcom TV, it look like they changed the hud and the inventory
And finally, you can press button to free yourself quicker from zombie grab like previous re game

http://instagr.am/p/B9T9Icxj0do/
Edit: here is the full gameplay if you want to take a look at it, start at around 42:00 minutes of the video

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Still looks the same as RE2 remake, except for being able to pickup items you already have in your inventory without the game pausing.

And I love how all those people say "Oooooohhh!!" when Jill hits the box with her knife...

D

Deleted member 21244

Still looks the same as RE2 remake, except for being able to pickup items you already have in your inventory without the game pausing.

And I love how all those people say "Oooooohhh!!" when Jill hits the box with her knife...
Yeah the overall presentation is the same as re 2 but many part of the gameplay are different like the dodge mechanic, the knife, use environment to kill enemy, the button smashing if an enemy grabs you, then box whit item inside

Also I like that boxes whit ammo ecc are making a return from re 4

Yeah, those people at capcom TV always have strange reaction like that XD you can also hear some eeeeeeehhhh uuuhhhhhhh aaaaaaahhh in other part of the video XD

Top Bottom