• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident evil 3 demo confirmed and first gameplay

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Mr.R

What an amazing experience, this demo. The city is cool and I lost a lot of time on my first playthrough looking at every poster and ad in the game, and the products on the shelves xD Gameplay is as good as RE2, although I think Jill might be a bit agile than Leon and Claire, plus the dodge (which I still need to practice more, but I only finished the demo once. I'll go deeper into it tomorrow). I think though, that the zombies are a bit faster too and their legs seems to be a bit stronger now (I think it takes more shots to cut a zombie's leg in this game than in RE2, so I simply shoot them in the head and finished them up with the knife). Nemesis is....cool...he's cool. Nemesis will be a formidable foe and I'm very much all the way into the hype train. xD

Oh, and those Mr.Charlies...I only found 4 or so! I'll look for them with more attention tomorrow.

Turo602

The King of Kings
All 20 have been found.

I only found 11 on my first run. I'm really loving it so far, Jill's face doesn't even bother me during gameplay either. But, my biggest gripe so far is the zombies. I mean seriously, what happened? They can't be dismembered anymore? That was like a huge thing for RE2, why remove it?

D

Deleted member 21244

All 20 have been found.

I only found 11 on my first run. I'm really loving it so far, Jill's face doesn't even bother me during gameplay either. But, my biggest gripe so far is the zombies. I mean seriously, what happened? They can't be dismembered anymore? That was like a huge thing for RE2, why remove it?
You can dismembere them while you fight them, i did desmember they're harms and legs, but I did notice that you can't desmember them after they are dead, i must try this more to see if they can be desmembered whit more shoot

Maybe for having a larger area whit more zombie on screen the developer had to sacrifice some zombie detail like desmembered of the body and some phisice after they died, but this is just my assumption

Finally someone finded them all

@Mr.R zombie actually are easyer to kill in re 3, they take less shoot if you shoot them to the head compare to re 2, also i think the same shot as re 2 remake are needed to get a zombie desmembered in re 3 remake
I also notice that you can now know when a zombie is killed or not, there some sort of sound and effect when the shot that kill them hit the target, it's the same sound and visual effect that happen when you make a zombie head explode

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
And there's a nude mod for Jill already.

That's gotta be some kind of record for a nude mod right? The game ain't even out yet.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Absolutely loving this demo. During my first playthrough I really took my time exploring the areas, checking out all the beautiful buildings and textures. I mean jesus, it's only been a year since RE2 but the graphics have definitely been slightly improved. Jill is looking great, her dialogue with Mikhail was a bit too snarky for my taste but I guess it makes sense for Jill to be suspicious of the UBCS.

What I love most about this game is that they give you the option to choose from so many different routes. If you want you can go right through the donut shop, or you can go up the stairs, and then the other way back. It really makes the city feel alive and creates an experience that feels much more immersive than RE2.

I also love that they reward players for exploring. For example, during my first playthrough I didn't reach the roof where you lower the ladder, and I also forgot to break the chains at the first shop. This made replaying the demo very rewarding because it felt like I kept finding new things all the time.

So far I suck at dodging and I'm not sure I won't even bother learning it for the full game. I felt pretty comfortable hitting the zombies's heads (practice from RE2 makes perfect) or by taking advantage of the environment. The barrels are a bit OP in my opinion but it feels sooo good blowing up a bunch of zombies at the same time!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
My first (and so far only) playthrough kept me busy for almost an hour because I took it reeeaaally slow, going everywhere and looking at everything. I found the shotgun and the combination for the safe, but no way to open the yellow locks and only 6 of the 20 dolls. I hope they're not that well hidden in the finished game (if they even appear there at all), or else I'll have a problem.

I don't think I need to say anything about the graphics, atmosphere and sound design, they are flawless, and while I did encounter a few reused zombie sounds and faces from the previous game, that doesn't bother me personally. Zombies are either weaker now or my ability to deliver headshots has improved, but I haven't quite mastered the dodge yet; I was an expert at it in Revelations 2, but then REmake 2 took that away and now I keep forgetting that I can do it again, instead trying to run away from enemies that get too close like the previous game taught me. Another thing where muscle memory gets in the way is the usage of the knife and grenades, in REmake 2 I would scroll through firearms with the mouse wheel and click it to bring out the sub weapon, now the mouse wheel also brings up the knife like a regular weapon, which has ruined quite a few of my attacks because I was expecting the shotgun. But that's something I will get used to eventually.

Nemesis is definitely scarier and harder to avoid than in the original thanks to his enhanced abilities. He managed to corner and stunlock me to death the first time I encountered him, which I can see becoming annoying in the long run, but I retaliated by bringing him to his knees three times, and the sounds he makes while he's down (like heavy rocks moving) only contribute to his impression of an unstoppable avalanche headed directly towards the player!

"Something Valentine" is super bitchy and I'm not sure I like it. Granted, she has every right to distrust the Umbrella soldiers, but in the original she was able to express that without sticking her head towards Carlos and saying "I know how a radio works" like a bratty teenage daughter who got mad at him for underestimating her maturity. All that's missing is her squinting her eyes and wrinkling her nose as she says it. Then again, I'm the one who always criticises her for her lack of personality and emotions (except in the original RE3), so I guess this Ada-esque cattiness, which will probably not last throughout the entire game anyway, is still better than that dullness from Revelations 1. I'm also starting to get used to her new voice, I like how it can be feisty or soft depending on the situation, like in the original.

All in all, despite a few little annoyances, I'm quite pleased with what I've seen so far and looking forward to the full game.

D

Deleted member 21244

Did you guys notice how beautiful the detail in this game are? I spend hour looking around, simply awesome

I don't know if you guys also notice the film inspired poster, like the one from top gun starring tommy Clooney, pretty funny XD
There is also one that mix terminator and alien

And there is also a resident evil 6 inspired poster the film is called disaster and the poster is very similar to re 6 poster, i like that Capcom didn't take itself seriously

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
"Something Valentine" is super bitchy and I'm not sure I like it. Granted, she has every right to distrust the Umbrella soldiers, but in the original she was able to express that without sticking her head towards Carlos and saying "I know how a radio works" like a bratty teenage daughter who got mad at him for underestimating her maturity. All that's missing is her squinting her eyes and wrinkling her nose as she says it. Then again, I'm the one who always criticises her for her lack of personality and emotions (except in the original RE3), so I guess this Ada-esque cattiness, which will probably not last throughout the entire game anyway, is still better than that dullness from Revelations 1. I'm also starting to get used to her new voice, I like how it can be feisty or soft depending on the situation, like in the original.
Like I mentioned above, in this particular cutscene I also found her to be too snarky for my taste. It seems as if she takes every sentence as a personal attack. I don't like that attitude and I know for sure that many people don't like that either. However I haven't seen her act this much bratty in any other cutscene, so hopefully she won't be like this throughout the entire game.

Still, I think she feels more young in this game than ever before.

Reactions: Hel

REX

The other Leon
So is this a one shot demo like RE2 was? I hope its not, just downloaded it, will try out in the weekend!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
As a whole I'm really happy with the demo.

However the things I have major gripes with currently is nemesis AI. I don't mind him being really fast as he's supposed to be a threat. What I do mind is him being scripted to appear at certain points in most areas of the map almost consistently. If I have made the choice to fight /run away I want to feel like it's not pointless using the ammo to down him only for him to appear from the sky like the second coming of wesker right in front of me every 10 seconds.
Speaking of sky antics, I seriously hope to god that the tentacle into the sky leap to exit the area is only for demo purposes because it is extremely stupid and lazy. Seriously if he has to exit the area could they not make it so he runs off around a corner or put of bounds where you can't see him despawn?

A notable example of weird spawn mechanics:
If you run downstairs from the 'safe' room towards the pharmacy, he will spawn inside the pharmacy and walk out which is jarring and doesn't make sense if he was just behind you.

I understand in the original there's scripted areas where he does spawn and areas he has a high chance of spawning. It just doesn't feel right if the demo is anything to go by.
Mr X ai was better because he didn't just spawn wherever with instant aggro on you, you could actually be undetected.

I honestly hope the spawn locations are just possibilities which were set to max for the purpose of the demo and the way he despawns is a quick method due to the small sized map available. I can't wait to play it still.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I feel like that's something they just had to do for the confines of the demo. I could be wrong of course, but I think in a full game where they actually have entire levels to place him in, it won't feel like he's so obviously just placed somewhere for the sake of scaring the player.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Who knows. There are highs and lows to having him popping out just everywhere. He is spooky as hell if you can't stop him from finding you over and over again - but this is a game we have to be able to beat! Good luck to anyone doing a knife run only with that monster coming after you.

I don't love the anime whoosh that accompanies all of Nemesis' lunges and sky jumps. It feels cheesy to me and removes the feeling of reality in the game. As real as it can feel for a game about surviving zombies, monsters, and a 10 foot tall stalker.

D

Deleted member 21244

As a whole I'm really happy with the demo.

However the things I have major gripes with currently is nemesis AI. I don't mind him being really fast as he's supposed to be a threat. What I do mind is him being scripted to appear at certain points in most areas of the map almost consistently. If I have made the choice to fight /run away I want to feel like it's not pointless using the ammo to down him only for him to appear from the sky like the second coming of wesker right in front of me every 10 seconds.
Speaking of sky antics, I seriously hope to god that the tentacle into the sky leap to exit the area is only for demo purposes because it is extremely stupid and lazy. Seriously if he has to exit the area could they not make it so he runs off around a corner or put of bounds where you can't see him despawn?

A notable example of weird spawn mechanics:
If you run downstairs from the 'safe' room towards the pharmacy, he will spawn inside the pharmacy and walk out which is jarring and doesn't make sense if he was just behind you.

I understand in the original there's scripted areas where he does spawn and areas he has a high chance of spawning. It just doesn't feel right if the demo is anything to go by.
Mr X ai was better because he didn't just spawn wherever with instant aggro on you, you could actually be undetected.

I honestly hope the spawn locations are just possibilities which were set to max for the purpose of the demo and the way he despawns is a quick method due to the small sized map available. I can't wait to play it still.
Mr x work the exact same way, there were scripted time in Which he appeared, a moment before was behind and some times later he happeared in front of you...
The difference is that nemesis seems to have more scripted event and a better ai, Infact i noticed that sometimes he hide and surprise you out of nowhere, while mr x constantly pursue you...
Nemesis look more intelligent in a sense

K think the tentacle maneuver will be in the finale game too, it was the quickest way to have him get out of the map i think, i don't mind that but the animation could have been done better

The only problem i have whit nemesis and the demo as a whole is that it was pretty easy, nemesis can be easy stunned whit just one granade, and take a lot of time to recover, zombie are also weaker and die in few shoot... That s why i would probably play it on hardcore the first time

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jill Whoosh = Cool.

Nemesis Whoosh = Anime Boss.

Don't know why. That's brain for you. I don't brain too good a lot.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Mr x work the exact same way, there were scripted time in Which he appeared, a moment before was behind and some times later he happeared in front of you...
The difference is that nemesis seems to have more scripted event and a better ai, Infact i noticed that sometimes he hide and surprise you out of nowhere, while mr x constantly pursue you...
Nemesis look more intelligent in a sense

K think the tentacle maneuver will be in the finale game too, it was the quickest way to have him get out of the map i think, i don't mind that but the animation could have been done better

The only problem i have whit nemesis and the demo as a whole is that it was pretty easy, nemesis can be easy stunned whit just one granade, and take a lot of time to recover, zombie are also weaker and die in few shoot... That s why i would probably play it on hardcore the first time
I know Mr x has scripted appearances such as picking up the library tool, and of course the hole in the wall.
He does not teleport in front of you every two rooms though.

D

Deleted member 21244

I know Mr x has scripted appearances such as picking up the library tool, and of course the hole in the wall.
He does not teleport in front of you every two rooms though.
Nemesis it's just more agile, he can jump and run, and use is tentacle to go to roof and swing in front of you

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Personally, I just hope that the game isn't impossible to beat without the dodge move. If it is.... well, looks like I've got some training to do.

If it's any consolation, I was having a lot of trouble with the dodge also but I was over thinking it for sure. I still am definitely not perfect with it but with a little practice it's not too bad.

Top Bottom