• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) resident evil 2 : the best playstation one game ever ??

Evilbiel

I think he is the best for many people because it is the first that played! usually those who prefer the RE1, is why he threw first! same thing with RE4!

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I think RE2 was my favourite ps1 game and can still remember geting it from local games shop and running home to play it (back when you could ask random people to buy you an over 18 game). It was awesome and played it through many times.
I would put at at top with the first Silent Hill second place. The first silent hill probaly the scariest game ever love it.

A_Blue_Herb

i think silent hill 1 had the biggest impact during the ps1 era..ultimatly the first game i was ever "afraid" to play. it really brought a whole new fear element into video games both visually and phsycologically..it really makes the person playing the video game question what is real and what isnt real..once you hear that siren going off and everythign turns to rust and blood, you knew S*** was about ready to hit the fan..it just gives you such a feeling of despair and isolation thats its absolutly terrifying..

re2 along with re1 would definatley be in the top 5, along with twisted metal 2 (still is the best twisted metal game ever made by FAR)..

savemgs

I mgs1 was my favorite ps1 game but i can still remember my mom buying RE2 for me froma local funcoland. RE2 is in my top 5 games of all time for the ps1.good times
Funcoland+1996.jpg

KingYoshi

Yes, Resident Evil 2 is the best PS1 game ever created, imo anyway :p. Metal Gear was amazing as well.

-Zero-

Not the best but definetly in the top 10 easily. Would have to say FF7 and Vandal Hearts were my all time favourite.

rockstarbd82

I would have to agree on this one. Partly because Leon (imo) had the best character traits out of ALL the Resident Evil characters. He just seems like the most realistic of the characters if you think of it. Quick to react and use common sense judgment in any hectic situation, has a weakness for a pretty face and can easily be pulled in, is able to always sneak in a funny or witty line as the story goes on here and there, and . . . is just awesome. Another reason I love 2 over all the other games is that yea, its kinda the easiest one out of all of them. Regardless the story itself (with both Leon and Claire intercrossed with their scenarios) was clever and had enough elements and destinations to keep the player interested. The weapons were cool (Desert Eagle). The enemies were "interesting." And even the homages to other films like JAWS (gas tank on the crocodile), Alien (chestbuster G-virus Monster) and other moments provided an exciting feeling to it.

Darkstar Darin

Wesker's secret project. D-Virus.
  • Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
  • Crash Bandicoot 1-3
  • Spyro: Year of the Dragon
  • Tekken 3
  • PaRappa The Rapper
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Guilty Gear
  • Mega Man X4-X6
  • Pong

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I gotta go with Parasite Eve 1 and 2. Not as the most influential games, or even the most well-known, but I think those two are some of the greatest the PS1 had to offer. Even with how much Parasite Eve 2 borrowed from Resident Evil 2, I think PE2 comes out on top.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I can't really say what the best PS1 game is for me for certain. RE2 was for sure great, but back when I played my PS1, I was about 7 and I never actually managed to beat the game myself, but I watched my dad play through most of it. I did manage to beat RE3 though and in my nostalgic mind, I like RE3 more.

I also played these games quite a bit and I consider them my favorites, although some may not actually be objectively "good" games. My apologies for my memory is vague and I don't own my PS1 or any of the PS1 games anymore.

-Syphon Filter Series (1, 2, 3)
-Crash Bandicoot Series (1?, 2, 3)
-Spyro the Purple Dragon Series (?1, 2, 3)
-RE2 and RE3
-Bitmap Brothers Z
-Red Alert (1 & 2?)
-Dyno Crisis (1 & 2, from what I recall, 2 was horrible)
-Nuclear Strike
-Nuclear Dawn
-Silent Hill
-Alone in the Dark
-Army Men Series (love those games, don't remember all of the games I had, but I think I had Sarges Heroes, and Air Attack 1 & 2)
-Dune

and tons more I'm sure, just don't remember all of them.

Shaun Dewey

I've got two lists, one for current and one for when it was relevant.

Relevant
1. Final Fantasy 7
2. Gran Turismo 2
3. Resident Evil 2
4. Final Fantasy 9
5. Resident Evil: Directors Cut (the Advanced difficulty was torture at the time)

Current
1. Final Fantasy 7
2. Resident Evil 2
3. Resident Evil: Directors Cut
4. Final Fantasy 9
5. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I've got two lists, one for current and one for when it was relevant.

Relevant
1. Final Fantasy 7
2. Gran Turismo 2
3. Resident Evil 2
4. Final Fantasy 9
5. Resident Evil: Directors Cut (the Advanced difficulty was torture at the time)

Current
1. Final Fantasy 7
2. Resident Evil 2
3. Resident Evil: Directors Cut
4. Final Fantasy 9
5. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

FFVII at No. 1 twice and no Metal Gear Solid? For shame.

Shaun Dewey

MGS was more tedious than fun for me, although I've only done it once and I was probably too young to have fully enjoyed it, may have to pay it a revisit.

But there's loads of really good PS1 games, I really just picked the ones I spent the most time on and or completed the most.

Top Bottom