• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) resident evil 2 : the best playstation one game ever ??

chrisleonjillclaire

Appart from maybe crash bandicoot 3 I can't think of another playstation game that had such a big impact on the gaming world in the playstation 1 era . What do you guys think ,should resi 2 be considered the greatest on the original playstation console ?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
It gets my vote, that's for sure. I played the shizzle out of Resident Evil 2 when it was first released, and it's probably seen more action, so to speak, than most other titles sitting on my shelf. Final Fantasy VIII did give it a run for its money, though!

Mr Sunshine

What about parapa the rapper?

Well, I always found the songs cute! xD

But seriously, it's not just RE. There is also Metal Gear Solid and a few other that I can't think of right now like Tomb Rider maybe.

APV

Wait, Who stole me Haggis?
Metal Gear Solid 1 or Resident Evil Nemisis. Two of the best games made for playstation in my opinion as i thought MGS1 was advanced for its time be it because of its storyline and playability and as for RE:3 i like it because it furthered even deeper into the Raccoon City Story and brought S.T.A.R.S back into the play.

Just my opinion

AP

APV

Not the absolute best but one of the best. I mean there was Metal Gear, Worms Armageddon, Crash Bandicoot, Dino Crisis and the original Resident Evil was pretty darned good for its time.
ahha Worms, what a game and an absolute laugh, even though the bloody AI worms were little cheats lmfao!!![/quote]

APV

I always loved that you could change their accents, like they could blow you up and congratulate themselves in French accents. It was amazing. *sigh* I miss that game.
Lol ive still got it, bought off of eBay a few years back but havent played it....and as for the accents i couldnt stop laughing when they bitched about getting killed, injured or even a kill! haha good times

AP

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
I would have to say this or one of the final fantasy games. Also for the metal gear solid, I could never really get into the first one. The aiming was something I could never get into.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I would have to agree in part...Whilst it is the best PSone game ever...It is tied...Spyro 2 BITCHES!!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It gets my vote, that's for sure. I played the shizzle out of Resident Evil 2 when it was first released, and it's probably seen more action, so to speak, than most other titles sitting on my shelf. Final Fantasy VIII did give it a run for its money, though!
Yo! You're a fan of FFVIII! I can't find ANY fans of it cause it was so overshadowed by VII...You rule Steve...

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Resident Evil 2 is a great game, no doubt, but I do think I'd put Final Fantasy IX ahead of it. FFVII maybe even. FFIX for sure, though.

APV

Whats final fantasy about? I've never played it because I've always thought i was crappy fantasy game but they made quite a few of them so i must be wrong somewhere but i would go as far as saying it would be better than RE:2 i mean come on for its time RE:2 was the number game for its graphics and puzzles!

bruno

Chief Researcher
I never played any FF other than FF VIII. I do think FF VIII is a great game, but it doesn't really work in the PS1 because it is too advanced for the console. I mean, the game had beautiful graphics, story and soundtrack. However, the PS1 didn't let the game shine. I'd like to see a remake of that FF for the new generation platforms. I think RE2 is more entertaining than FF VIII overall, although FF VIII is a greater game.

I never played any other FF, but every FF has a separate story so you don't need to play every FF before playing a new one.
FF VIII (and I guess VII too) is a RPG game, the battle system is basically turn-based fights, but it's very complex. For example, you need to combine your moves (Attacks) to a certain type of magic so you have better attacks, and you also need to think which magics are better for the enemies you are expecting to face. You also have to associate characters to Guardian Forces, which are God-like creatures, in order for them to be able to use magic. The Guardian Forces learn new abilities that you can use to become stronger, and you can also summon them during fights in order to help you out with your enemies (though this is only useful at the beginning of the game).

Top Bottom