• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) resident evil 2 : the best playstation one game ever ??

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Final Fantasy is pretty sweet...I've only played a few of em..And the best one (Tactics) never sold many copies...But what I played was great...I can see why people bring them up a lot..However, Cloud is so flippin' over rated and Squal Leonhart is the way to go! FFVIII FTW!!!

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
You forgot about Tony Hawk Pro Skater... that game was HUGE. Thats all I played back in the late 90s.. High School days. But Resident Evil 1 is actually my top game on PS.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You forgot about Tony Hawk Pro Skater... that game was HUGE. Thats all I played back in the late 90s.. High School days. But Resident Evil 1 is actually my top game on PS.
Pro Skater was good...But Pro Skater 2 blew it away...I played it WAY more than Pro Skater...I mean, it had EVERYTHING...Cool levels, Jamie Thomas, the main theme was Rage Against The Machine's hit Guerrilla Radio, plus, you could unlock ****ING Spider-Man and skate with him!

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Pro Skater was good...But Pro Skater 2 blew it away...I played it WAY more than Pro Skater...I mean, it had EVERYTHING...Cool levels, Jamie Thomas, the main theme was Rage Against The Machine's hit Guerrilla Radio, plus, you could unlock ******* Spider-Man and skate with him!
Jamie Thomas was ALWAYS my fav. I always skated Zero aswell when I used to skate back when I was in school. But yeah.. THPS2 was WAY better!!!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Jamie Thomas was ALWAYS my fav. I always skated Zero aswell when I used to skate back when I was in school. But yeah.. THPS2 was WAY better!!!
Jamie Thomas was always my favorite too...He was just a boss...I'll admit, Tony was a close second...

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Final Fantasy is pretty sweet...I've only played a few of em..And the best one (Tactics) never sold many copies...But what I played was great...I can see why people bring them up a lot..However, Cloud is so flippin' over rated and Squal Leonhart is the way to go! FFVIII FTW!!!
If I were to ever be in love with another man, it would be you. xD

But seriously, RE2 was great, but not the best. FFVIII and Tactics had incredible stories, beyond anything Capcom has created. Parasite Eve was another great one that ranks high up there for me.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If I were to ever be in love with another man, it would be you. xD

But seriously, RE2 was great, but not the best. FFVIII and Tactics had incredible stories, beyond anything Capcom has created. Parasite Eve was another great one that ranks high up there for me.
I'm honored...Thank you...

Leon Alexis

Yeah, I still remember those times when I was playing RE2 on PSone. And do you know what?,I WAS CRYING!!! And do you know why?, because it was perfect for me. I still do remember those sounds and music in some rooms of polic department. ( Leon and Claire),but now I have got only Xbox 360. I think that this game deserves to remake on Xbox720. What do you think?

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I agree that Resident Evil 2 is the best PS1 game out there, but it is closely followed by Metal Gear Solid

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I do not like Metal Gear,so I do not know what are talking about,sorry.
what exactly don't you like about metal gear? i couldn't get enough of it myself.
the first one had such an amazing story and the cutscenes felt like you we're watching a movie (yes sometimes they did go on a bit to long, but you had to enjoy them still)
the second one didn't quite meet the expectations left by the first, but still delivered a pretty impressive story, however the villains were less likable IMO.

Snake eater was amazing, and really brought the series back to life after what felt like a slight let down in the form of MGS2.
going back in time to tell us the story of Big Boss, so we could play as him as a person, rather than just hear tid bits about him was nice. not to mention it had the familiar long movie like cutscenes, and the villians again were actually quite likeable.
I never got round to playing 4 as i don't own a ps3 or have any intention to get one in the near future, but i have watched a few walkthrough videos on various parts of the game which did fill in a few blanks and tie up a few loose ends for me, as i always felt like i was missing out so much not playing 4, so it was nice to be able to watch a few vids.

The_Green_King

what exactly don't you like about metal gear? i couldn't get enough of it myself.
the first one had such an amazing story and the cutscenes felt like you we're watching a movie (yes sometimes they did go on a bit to long, but you had to enjoy them still)
the second one didn't quite meet the expectations left by the first, but still delivered a pretty impressive story, however the villains were less likable IMO.

Snake eater was amazing, and really brought the series back to life after what felt like a slight let down in the form of MGS2.
going back in time to tell us the story of Big Boss, so we could play as him as a person, rather than just hear tid bits about him was nice. not to mention it had the familiar long movie like cutscenes, and the villians again were actually quite likeable.
I never got round to playing 4 as i don't own a ps3 or have any intention to get one in the near future, but i have watched a few walkthrough videos on various parts of the game which did fill in a few blanks and tie up a few loose ends for me, as i always felt like i was missing out so much not playing 4, so it was nice to be able to watch a few vids.
metal gear is the **** bro. its the only game out there that can be lumped in with movies as an art form. hideo kojima is a genius.

as much as i love RE2, nostalgia is making it too hard to pick my favorite ps1 game. metal gear, spyro, dino crisis, RE, and soul reaver are my favorites.

Top Bottom