• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Red Rings

Sephiroxas

So our 360 has red ringed. A lot recently. Only when we play video games though. For some strange reason. :D It over heats. When we watch shows from my computer or watch a show off a disc, or a movie, it's fine. But the instant we play a video game 23 minutes to an hour later, BOOM redrings. Hopefully we'll get a new one before the release of Resident Evil 5 :eek:

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
[quote author=Sephiroxas link=topic=804.msg19756#msg19756 date=1231981824]
So our 360 has red ringed. A lot recently. Only when we play video games though. For some strange reason. :D It over heats. When we watch shows from my computer or watch a show off a disc, or a movie, it's fine. But the instant we play a video game 23 minutes to an hour later, BOOM redrings. Hopefully we'll get a new one before the release of Resident Evil 5 :eek:
[/quote]Ive had to replace 3 of mine.
Damn you microsoft!

Hope yours is fixed by RE5!

Hoady

That sucks i've known a few people who got red ringed mines been pretty clean so far i've only had it since late october though.It helps alot when you install the games it stays cooler,quieter and the disk doesn't spin.

Hoady

[quote author=Valentine link=topic=804.msg19794#msg19794 date=1232087808]
Red Rings! I have a PS3 so I don't know what you mean with Red Rings so tell me what is it??
[/quote]

Hey now theres no need to rub it in. :-\

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i sold my 360, and changed to ps3 because of the red ring problem, i also went through 3 xbox's with that, so eventually thought too much hassel constantly having it replaced, so i got a replacement from microsoft, sold it, put the money diff and got a ps3. so far no problems =)
although do you use the towel technique? can get rid of the rings for up to like a month, if your console isnt that old and damaged.

Hoady

I'm pretty sure all these xboxs coming out recently are safer some new chip or something i'm not really sure but i don't hear of red rings as much as i used too.

ResiDude

Yeah. Although I still hear of it.. It is getting slightly better. I'd still prefer to have a PS3 though than risk it...

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Now I know what Red Rings is and I just have to say that it must be a pain for you when you Xbox 360 shows the Red Eye..

3d-agent

[quote author=ResiDude link=topic=804.msg19888#msg19888 date=1232223819]
I love Sony lol. ::)
[/quote]

hm..is that ur gf's name..lol(kidding) ;)

Miasma

And this is why I didn't get XBOX. I thought about it year or two ago, when I didn't know about red ring. I rather spent more money on to something that should last, instead of buying something cheaper that won't last (though Microsoft does fix them for free, but waiting a month doesn't sound very good to me) and money was why I first thought about XBOX. Now after months of saving I finally got my PS3 and I'm in love with it. And I've always had PS' so it felt even more natural choice for me.

ResiDude

[quote author=3d-agent link=topic=804.msg19893#msg19893 date=1232225253]
hm..is that ur gf's name..lol(kidding) ;)
[/quote]

Haha. Unfortunately not. :p

3d-agent

[quote author=ResiDude link=topic=804.msg19902#msg19902 date=1232226239]
Haha. Unfortunately not. :p
[/quote]

how Unfortunately..?? ;)

ResiDude

If my girlfriend was Sony (keep an open mind people haha) then I'd be rich and get to play all games before anyone else!

ResiDude

Most likely..

But I was thinking of the company as a whole :p

Either way.. this is so impossible and wrong. :D

Top Bottom