• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE6 To 'Reinvent Series'

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
FOund this article just now. The producer of RE5 has said that RE6 will reinvent the series. Here's the article's text:

Japanese publisher Capcom has said that the future development of Resident Evil 6 will have to "reinvent the series".

Jun Takeuchi, producer of the forthcoming Resident Evil 5, told gaming website 1UP that the project is likely to mark the last of its kind in the franchise.

The revelation follows criticism of the recently-released playable demo for the game, which some claimed is too similar to the critically-acclaimed Resident Evil 4.

Former Resident Evil producer Shinji Mikami recently said that the sixth game in the series will have to inject new ideas and experiences in order to freshen things up.

He told Official PlayStation Magazine: "I think Resident Evil 5 doesn't need to change the series, but Resident Evil 6 will have to reinvent the series with another full model change or else it won't be able to keep on going."

Mikami also said that he will most probably not play Resident Evil 5 for fear of seeing anything done wrong which would make him "angry".

The game will be released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on March 13.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I agree with that..i was never too fond of RE4 in terms of game style, and i do hope that they begin to wind the series down..as i;ve said countless times, there gonna kill the series if they keep it going to long..
nice find chris;)

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Cheers mate!

I somewhat am the opposite. I think it is a good idea taking the series places, but, as you said, if they do it for too long, it's going to be incredibly boring.

aintnoscrub

Premium
it really does depend what they do with the next one, and i know it seems silly talking about 6 when 5 is not even out, but still there are many issues that need to be addressed, having a partner all the time, is gonna be an issue, especially for those of us who like the "scare factor", and having someone to back you up all the time, is going to make it easier and less scarey, knowing that you are surrounded etc..i don;t mind seeing the series going places, but they will need to come up with some fresh new ideas to keep us playing, otherwise its gonna lose the "resident evil" feel.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
iHadeSsS;25432 said:
it really does depend what they do with the next one, and i know it seems silly talking about 6 when 5 is not even out, but still there are many issues that need to be addressed, having a partner all the time, is gonna be an issue, especially for those of us who like the "scare factor", and having someone to back you up all the time, is going to make it easier and less scarey, knowing that you are surrounded etc..i don;t mind seeing the series going places, but they will need to come up with some fresh new ideas to keep us playing, otherwise its gonna lose the "resident evil" feel.

I fully agree with you there.

RE5Fan1

So is there going to be a 6 or not you think? Capcom better be carefull if they do. People are going to get used to the RE4 and RE5 gameplay. If they change it to much they might scare some fans away? What do you guys think?

Hoady

Anyone remember the resident evil 3.5 build?It was one idea for resident evil 4 it was too paranormal but if it had zombies it could've been really well done it had fixed camera angles that moved and over the shoulder aiming perspective.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpEE_5pDzQ

Thats the one.I think in Resident Evil 5 they should've kept the hallucinations they talked about because it could've been done well i reckon, like he starts seeing real zombies and stuff.He would trip out thinking shevas evil or something as well.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i loved that resi evil 3.5 build, i saw some vids on youtube, they should have used that, with zombies.

XmetallatemX

.I pray to the resi gods that they go back to the re-0,1,2,3 calm mania still screen format. I do love re4 though. That was an incredible experience, but capcom should go back to the original gameplay greatness! :)

Hoady

If they go somewhere i'm all for resi 3.5 with zombies remember how ridiculousy good those graphics were in the gamecube versions?Imagine the sexpig and ps3 thats bound to scare the living poos out of people.

I still think they should at least re-remake 0,1,2 and 3 in a one anniversary package thing.120% on that.

aintnoscrub

Premium
nahh all that was crap..the only thing it really ties up is weskers past, ( a little bit) and his end..well maybe..
and there whereabouts of jill, but thats about it.

weskerfan

alot of things become answered in the game...

it scares me into thinking this is the end of the series.

A_Wesker123

The Original
If there is a Resi 6, and i believe there will be because Capcom won't just let the series die, then they'll need to find some way of 're-inventing' the series. I think they should maybe mix the newer RE games like 4&5 with the older games to get a new style of gameplay.

Also, they'll need a hell of a good story to keep the series going.Especially now that Wesker's dead.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Hmm what happend to the G-VIRUS: RE6
Wesker survived RE5:
1st. It was not his own mutation by that mean he could regain human form.
2nd: He withdrawed his head before RPG hit him.

mastermind

that would be a good thing or make it really dark kinda like silent hill but without wesker than they would be in a really troubled spot with coming up with a good story. not that i have played and beaten RE5 so i dont know where that story leads to. what they could do is talk to S.D. Perry and use a couple of her novels for stories for the games cause they were actually pretty good novels
hopefully i will get a xbox 360 next week and get it.

Top Bottom