• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 RE5. [Demo Rumour Dec 5th]

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Resident Evil 5 Demo Hits Next Week

Famitsu reports in its latest issue that a demo of the latest and greatest in survival horror will be available on Xbox Live Marketplace starting December 5th. Players will be able to sample two stages of play set in that familiar urban setting from past game show demos. These stages will be playable both offline and through co-op.

There are a couple of caveats about the demo. First, only Gold Members will have access to it. Second, as Famitsu is a Japanese magazine, the demo is only confirmed for Japan at the moment. Of course, given how things have worked out in the past with Xbox Live, it's reasonable to expect the demo elsewhere throughout the world around the same time.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/933/933962p1.html

This all seems interesting, What I know is that last time I joinded up on xbox live I had a free months trial. Not sure if I sign up again with a new email ill be able to download it because im not on gold account.

Someone said "if your yanking my chain I'm going to strangle you with it" Haha hope ill be able to get it XP

resident-evil-5-20080820033421817_640w.jpg

resident-evil-5-20081113104942175_640w.jpg

Hoady

Yeah dude i read that if you make a new profile and sign in with a japanese hotmail account you will be able to download the Resident Evil 5 demo and any other exclusive stuff they will have.If i can do a full weeks work i will be able to get live and download it so i'm pretty excited now.

Hoady

Heres instructions from a site on how to make one links at the bottom.
1) Head on over to Microsoft's passport Web site (if you're logged in to a current account, make sure to sign out). Sign up for a new, free Hotmail account.
2) When asked, remember to answer that you're from Japan -- don't worry, you dirty liar, we won't judge you.
3) The next part, which would be the "trickiest," is entering some additional information about where you are from. You'll have to enter bogus information. The following should work fine (the phone number is for a Domino's Pizza near Akebonobashi Station in Tokyo):

4) Once you've activated your new Hotmai account, it's time to head on over to your Xbox 360. Switch profiles if necessary (the X button) and create a new profile, and a new Xbox Live account.
5) You'll next have to sign in with your new Japanese passport. Keep the number for Domino's Pizza Akebonobashi handy, because you're going to need to enter it again. Also, you might get hungry.
6) Create a gamertag and ... that's it!

http://www.destructoid.com/eternal-sonata-demo-hits-japanese-xbl-make-your-japanese-account-now--31512.phtml

So if you want to go through that you get to play Resident Evil 5.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Wow thanks man :) Ill probaly ask some of my mates about it but if thats what it takes then ill do that haha. doesnt that mean RE5 will be in jap?

Hoady

Oh yeah and apparently you get 3 free months of xbox live just go make another profile and you get an extra month.I don't think Resident Evil 5 would be in japanese all the other Resident Evil games are english in jap subtitles i also noticed smash bros was in english too.I don't know why they do it but hell its convenient!

Hoady

Wow thanks man if i happen to find a disk i will certainly get this up and running.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Yeah im not sure if I shoulda posted it up, so if it gets taken down then PM if you missed out.
But yeah im gonna try it soon too :]

Hoady

I can't believe i'm saying this but i actually just played Resident Evil 5 its frickin awesome.First off its not scary but its intense sheva is really cool and its fun saving her from zombies.The chainsaw guy is incredibly tough and punching zombies is satisfying, chris and sheva are fully badass.Thanks dude couldn't have done it without you. :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I AM JELOUS! joking... no wait I AM JELOUS lol haha kidding.. no seriously :]
I now know why I didnt bortherd trying to download it earlyer, when i really should of... because it takes my computer 1 hour to download 95MB *CRYS*

It's 9am now so if i wanted to try this dl it would take another 4/5 hours LOL so thats 2pm haha
Dont even know what this computers like with burning things to a CD... or if there even is a CD in the house lol

my mates got a well fast computer i gonna ask him when hes awake how long it would take him to do it lol.
Glad you got it working man, arnt you glad you got me as a friend eh? : D

Hoady

Haha don't feel bad mine took 3-4 hours to download but it was certainly worth it considering the demo is pretty short i've already gone through it twice anyway. 8)

I thought i would need a dvd disk as well but it turns out plain music cds(CD-Rs)work perfectly the first time you load it takes ages but after that it goes pretty fast.Also the funny thing is everything is in english...including the subtitles. :-\

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Sounds okay, yours took 3-4 hours aye.. wonder what mine will be saying haha. does it let you try co-op?

How longs it take you to do the demo then or does it give you a timer.

Hoady

Yep you can do online or splitscreen coop i don't have 2 controllers though so i haven't tried it.You get to do 2 levels the one with the executioner and the chainsaw guy(if you've seen those levels).You have infinite time but if you die you gotta start again from the main menu(the menu looks cool).

Redfield i think i can help you out first off do you have winrar?You have to extract the first file and all 5 should combine together into a file called content, then you need to use something like imgburn or nero and then write files folders to disk.After that put the disk in your xbox and go to your demos list it should be there in japanese writing.Confused?

If you want i can probably find some links with help for you theres some links that already have the game extracted and all you need to do is burn it, thats what i did(sorry Re5. your download wouldn't pop up for me :-[).Did that make sense?

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Its a good game, you have to have a few programs to get it working lol my friend made me a disc, its different to RE4 still going to be a good game, online play is going to be liked.

Top Bottom