• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake RE3 - Members Reaction Thread

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Up until last year, I thought Nicholai and Sergei Vladimir were the same person. Man, I was shocked to find out they were not. White haired Russian villain? Double check.

It would be cool if he survived and ended up in another title somehow.

D

Deleted member 21244

Up until last year, I thought Nicholai and Sergei Vladimir were the same person. Man, I was shocked to find out they were not. White haired Russian villain? Double check.

Could be cool actually since the remake established that he was working for another employer that ordered him to ruin umbrella, something that i remember not been in the original .. I think it was probably wesker who order him to do so, Infact in the semi canon wesker report, wesker say that one of his agent retrieve nemesis data, only nicholai have this data and he probably give it to wesker

It's a shame that rumor say that a code veronica remake isn't on the way, because everything was leading to code veronica and wesker reveal as the mastermind behind Ada action in re 2 remake and nicholai in re 3 remake

Mr.R

In RE Survivor there's a file signed by Nicholai, which was more or less his report on what happened on Raccoon City (How it ended up in Sheena Island, I don't know). There's a catch though, I remember reading (I think it was one of Project Umbrella's threads on translations) that in the original Japanese script, the file was signed as a Umbrella agent or something, and the localization team decided to add Nicholai's name on it, to tie it better with RE3 (since the original file did mentioned the Raccoon City incident and Nemesis after all).

So...as far as the American script of RE goes, Nicholai is still alive (and he might be on the Remake after all, it was left ambiguous anyway.)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Biggest disappointments for me were the lack of puzzles, the puzzles in RE3 are some of my favourites, the stupid skort and no samurai edge was an outrage!

You can unlock the Samurai Edge but I see what you're saying.

I really didn't miss the puzzles but then again I really didn't like the original game. And I didn't like the original Jill costume either lol.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I too was bothered by the lack of puzzles.

At the time of the original game, I thought... "Why would they make these buildings accessible by gems? Why would there be a battery hidden in a statue? This is ridiculous!"

But honestly, I miss some ridiculous and clever puzzles. They feel old school horror to me and I miss that.

D

Deleted member 21244

Re 3 puzzle, where the best in the series in my opinion alongside the one from code veronica... They were the only puzzle where you really have to use you're brain to figure out a solution... Original Re 1 (except the painting puzzle and computer puzzle) and original re 2, re 0 (except the lighter puzzle and few other) and other re game had really no puzzle at all, just some blocked door oe path where you have to use the right emblem, key, simbol ecc to open the door or proceed to the next location

So yeah it really ****ed me off to have two stupid puzzle in re 3 remake that even a child could figure out in 30 second... Beautiful action horror game, but cutting of the original puzzle was aa real mistake, especially since re 2 remake enhanced the stupid "puzzle" from re 2, i was expecting and enhanced version of re 3 puzzle here too

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - the lack of puzzles is one of my biggest issues with it. At least with RE2R, they gave us a lot of new and innovative puzzles to solve.

I prefer the puzzles in the original REmake. So many of them and you have to brave that damn mansion that keeps updating with enemies in order to get all of the pieces to finish the game. A true masterpiece of the puzzle.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I realised in RE3 Remake that there was hardly any examining of items necessary. It would have been cool to have items that had dual purposes, like the police badge in the RE2 Remake. Sure, you can examine a key such as the one in the hospital to find out it's a locker room key, but... really, there's only one place you can use that so it's a bit redundant.

Also, I noticed something strange the other day. I've got the PS4 version of RE3 Remake. When I got grabbed by a zombie on my Nightmare run, I knew I was dead so I randomly pressed different buttons.... and realised that twirling the right analogue stick actually works far better than mashing the X button. I survived. Seems either very random or very lazy. It's almost like they just allowed any button/stick to be mashed and just expected that you'd mash the one it tells you on screen. Either way, I've found a much faster way to get out of being grabbed. :lol:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The lack of depth in puzzle solving and equipment exploring is one of the biggest downfalls of this game. The puzzles are RE4 adjacent which is a real shame. Sure, there are puzzles in RE4, but are there any good ones? Not really. Same can be said about RE3R puzzles.

And that is seriously interesting about the escaping zombies with the analogue stick. I am done with the game for now, but if they add any DLC or trophies - when I go back, I will seriously try that out. Wow.

Reactions: Jen
D

Deleted member 21244

The lack of depth in puzzle solving and equipment exploring is one of the biggest downfalls of this game. The puzzles are RE4 adjacent which is a real shame. Sure, there are puzzles in RE4, but are there any good ones? Not really. Same can be said about RE3R puzzles.

And that is seriously interesting about the escaping zombies with the analogue stick. I am done with the game for now, but if they add any DLC or trophies - when I go back, I will seriously try that out. Wow.
At least the re 4 one where more memorable, like the church light one, or the paint one.... There were also tones of puzzle in re 4 even if they were really simple and stupid, re 3 remake have just two non memorable puzzle

Also, I noticed something strange the other day. I've got the PS4 version of RE3 Remake. When I got grabbed by a zombie on my Nightmare run, I knew I was dead so I randomly pressed different buttons.... and realised that twirling the right analogue stick actually works far better than mashing the X button. I survived. Seems either very random or very lazy. It's almost like they just allowed any button/stick to be mashed and just expected that you'd mash the one it tells you on screen. Either way, I've found a much faster way to get out of being grabbed. :lol:
If you smash every button like the old re game you will free yourself really fast, smash r1 r2 l1 l2 and you will get free almost instantly, at least this what happened while i was playing today

Last edited by a moderator:

Awebb

I like it more than RE2R, but it still has the same problem with the weird aim. I don't know what exactly is wrong with the engine, but the strange viewpoint during the aim feels as bad as Revelations 1 on the 3DS. It's as if the point of view, the animations and the cross hair aren't where they're supposed to be in a modern shooter. This can usually be fixed by playing on PC with mouse and keyboard, but RE2/3R resist any attempt at making the aim fun. This is especially annoying since those games have this weird aim mechanic where you have to wait all night for the cross hair to reduce itself.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Strange. I don't have that issue at all. I find RE3R to have great aiming or I assume it is because I can get crazy amounts of head shots when the zombies aren't walking in diagonal zig zags. But I don't play many FPS games anymore, so maybe I am not as used to common aiming programming anymore. lol

D

Deleted member 21244

Same here, i actually don't have any issue whit the aim, it's very well done, it's both modern but old, because you can move during aim but in order to aim well and give the enemy more damage you must stand still and wait for the reticle to close just like old resident evil game, this give more tension to the game

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Strange. I don't have that issue at all. I find RE3R to have great aiming or I assume it is because I can get crazy amounts of head shots when the zombies aren't walking in diagonal zig zags. But I don't play many FPS games anymore, so maybe I am not as used to common aiming programming anymore. lol

I have issues with aiming in R3make. By this I'm not saying my aim is bad (I'm a sniper gamer, I specialize in rifles in every shooting game I play because I'm all about that head shot). What happens to me is this, and I know it's got to be the engine because I can do this in other games and have no issues whatsoever:

Say I'm in a Nemesis fight and I run some direction and I turn my camera so that I can see Nemesis behind me, as well as my cross hairs. If I then stop and go to shoot Nemesis my gun won't fire or (if I'm using the rifle for example) it will fire a few rounds and then 'jam' and stop. This doesn't happen every time but it happens enough for me to not be able to maneuver around as much or how I would like it.

I also get the glitch where sometimes my grenades don't explode which is super annoying because I tend to stockpile them and only use them when I REALLY need them and then half the time they don't explode.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Actually yeah - that happens to me too. I kind of forgot that was happening. During a quick turn around, the game doesn't allow you to shoot. You have to not press any buttons for a millisecond and then re-aim and shoot. And when Nemesis is the opponent, that is too much time. Wonder what is causing it. I am not a great shot in FPS games, but in RE games, I too, am all about the headshot.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well now I'm thoroughly irritated. I was led to believe that the amount of saves doesn't matter for S ranks and I FINALLY beat final Nemmy on Nightmare in 1:39 but I saved too many damn times because I could've sworn my many saves didn't alter my Hardcore S rank. D:

D

Deleted member 21244

Well now I'm thoroughly irritated. I was led to believe that the amount of saves doesn't matter for S ranks and I FINALLY beat final Nemmy on Nightmare in 1:39 but I saved too many damn times because I could've sworn my many saves didn't alter my Hardcore S rank. D:
You can save a max of 5 times to get s rank unfortunately :(

Rain611

You can't kill me.
You can save a max of 5 times to get s rank unfortunately :(

Yea... I wish I had known that sooner. Fortunately I feel a lot more comfortable with the dodges on that fight now (I concentrated less on winning and more on dodging if that makes sense.) And I feel like I can do it again. However that really made me mad so I just moved on to Inferno. At least this time around I can make sure to only save 5 times.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Honestly, the jump between Nightmare and Inferno is the smallest jump in difficulty. Inferno is harder for sure, but now that all of the extra enemy locations are known - it makes it just a matter of navigating the new enemy drops. Dodging will be your best friend.

But one thing I like to ensure. That I use my 5th save AFTER the Nemesis Acid Pit battle before his final fight. That last fight is borderline unfair and it is just frustrating having to go through both battles in order to die on the final one.

Top Bottom