• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake RE3 - Members Reaction Thread

D

Deleted member 21244

They definitely took too many liberties in terms of changing up the story and gameplay, and like you mention its surprising why they decided to do this since its such a huge departure from the original. It's not even that similar to RE2 remake in terms of structure, so its mindboggling how these two remakes were developed side by side. Yes, they use the same engine and look similar on the surface, but that's where the similarities end.
Because the two remake were developed by two completely different team, they just took re 2 remake engine and some gameplay aspect , but that's it...
Made by capcom but by two different team, two different director.... Re 2 remake and re 7 were also made together but beside the engine and some gameplay aspect they are pretty different game, because they are two different team

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
You can definitely cut off zombie limbs in RE3R, but maybe it's just much harder to do this time around?

I noticed that people who compare the original game a lot to the remake dislike the game because of the amount of cut content. And people who didn't love the original game or didn't play it are very much in love with the new game - and most of us fall somewhere in between. Twitter is abuzz with love and hate for this game. I don't think it'll be as divisive as RE6 was, but there is a large amount of mixed feelings on it.

I'd still give the game a 9 even despite all of the changes and pacing issues. The monster designs (my favorite part of the series) are excellent and the gameplay just feels good. I am still mixed on Nemesis' new designs - but I think the art is great.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
You can definitely cut off zombie limbs in RE3R, but maybe it's just much harder to do this time around?
You can still dismember zombies but it takes a lot more effort and time that you honestly don't have. (Especially on harder modes.) I very quickly realized this in the demo.

My strategy in RE2R was to shoot a leg off and keep it moving because headshots were so hard to come by in RE2R. In RE3R it's a bit different. Headshots are the easier and preferred method of killing a zombie. They'll go down a lot quicker in RE3R, even without a critical hit, and they actually stay down.

At the time of the demo, and even now, I feel like they did that because Carlos and Jill are supposed to be professionals whereas Claire is a student and Leon is a rookie. I actually find it rather cool that they made the distinction.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I definitely noticed how the zombies are a pain to knife when down, it’s part of the reason why I died a bunch of times. The trick is to direct the blade towards their head, which sometimes that’s even tricky, but better with Jill. As much as I adore the new Carlos, I kind of hate his load out. The scope that you get for his assault rifle.

I also think that it was great that Capcom expanded on Jill’s PTSD from the Mansion incident. Just wish we could get more of this in future installments.

But I completely agree how these remakes feel like throwaways the more rumors we hear on RE8.
It has me wondering if they would actually skip a remake of CVX, as though Claire actually believes her brother went on vacation, and jump right into an unnecessary remake of RE4.

Edited:

Wow I friggin hate autocorrect.

Last edited:

~Excella~

Premium
I finished it on inferno today with 28 minutes over the two hour mark in which to get the trophy for finishing it on S rank. I’m frustrated because I don’t know where I went wrong. I ran all over, didn’t waste any time (or so I thought....), had the rocket launcher so I wasn’t blowing everything away for 20 minutes each.....I’m guessing it was somewhere in the beginning because I find it a bish to run from nemesis, I hate it, he always gets me....but that didn’t take that much time, so, I’m lost as to where this 28 minutes comes from.
oh well, guess I’ll do it again, cuz the first time wasn’t raging enough.

Jamesy

@Turo602 I feel like we've had basically the same experience with this game, the only difference is that I've never played RE6 and I hold the original RE3 in very nostalgic regard.

They definitely took too many liberties in terms of changing up the story and gameplay, and like you mention its surprising why they decided to do this since its such a huge departure from the original. It's not even that similar to RE2 remake in terms of structure, so its mindboggling how these two remakes were developed side by side. Yes, they use the same engine and look similar on the surface, but that's where the similarities end. The RE2 remake was a survival horror game first and foremost, with huge emphasis on exploration and backtracking. It never once felt too "actiony" except for one small part where Leon is chased by a gator. This retelling of RE3 (yes I call it retelling) feels more like 30% survival horror and 70% action set pieces.

RE3 remake is a beautifully crafted game and its quite enjoyable, especially the hospital and lab parts. It's not short, but the fast-paced linear structure as well as complete disregard of countless of classic locations makes it feel rushed. I will never accept the fact that they cut out so many important locations like the Clock tower.

The game isn't bad, its just a bad remake of RE3.

Do you think in the future capcom might try to remake Re3 again?

completely agree with everything you said above. I mean cutting out the clock tower was crazy

Mr.R

I really hope not. CVX is in greater need of a remake then 4. Period.

Honestly, I don't even think 4 needs a Remake. I think, from a gameplay standpoint, it aged pretty well. I mean, it would be cool to see RE4 in their new engine, but then again, RE4 also looks good to this day, in the graphic's department. I think it's as uneccesary as to remake RE1 again. As for CV, yup, I really agree with that.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I really hope not. CVX is in greater need of a remake then 4. Period.

Graphics and gameplay wise definitely, RE4 on PC with the settings set to max and a few mods still holds up great by todays standards, we really do not need a RE4 remake anytime soon at all and it always puzzles me when someone suggests it these days, RECV is the prime candidate for the next remake given how dated it looks in the graphics and gameplay department but to be honest If they do it in the same vein as RE3 remake (cutting content and making it very linear and short) than I honestly would rather them not touch it, RECV is actually my favorite Resident Evil game in the series and while I would love to see it with updated graphics and over the shoulder gameplay I honestly do not want them to do it if they can't do it the justice I think it deserves.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Graphics and gameplay wise definitely, RE4 on PC with the settings set to max and a few mods still holds up great by todays standards, we really do not need a RE4 remake anytime soon at all and it always puzzles me when someone suggests it these days, RECV is the prime candidate for the next remake given how dated it looks in the graphics and gameplay department but to be honest If they do it in the same vein as RE3 remake (cutting content and making it very linear and short) than I honestly would rather them not touch it, RECV is actually my favorite Resident Evil game in the series and while I would love to see it with updated graphics and over the shoulder gameplay I honestly do not want them to do it if they can't do it the justice I think it deserves.

Resident Evil 4 could do with a remake or an extensive remaster. It just isn't totally necessary right now. But if I'm being completely honest, Resident Evil 4 could probably do with a reimagining and cut content.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Resident Evil 4 could do with a remake or an extensive remaster. It just isn't totally necessary right now. But if I'm being completely honest, Resident Evil 4 could probably do with a reimagining and cut content.

Completely disagree, although I initially disliked the game as a Resident Evil title given its complete lack of zombies and connections to the over all lore at the time (umbrella) but I eventually grew to respect it as a fantastic game from start to finish, the game has won so many awards and is held in high regard by fans and critics alike so I honestly can't see how it would benefit at all from a reimagining or god forbid cut content, that would just **** fans more, I mean look at RE3 remake right now we have a large amount of fans and critics up in arms about the cut content and the perceived "rush/linear" style of RE3 remake in comparison to the original RE3 and although its one of my favs it isn't exactly considered a fan favorite or held in as high regard as RE4 which means if Capcom did the same with it then you would just be asking for a even bigger sh%tstorm lol.

But out of curiosity how do you think it would benefit from such a approach?

As I said the graphics still look great in 4k especially on the pc and the gameplay holds up as well with the only thing I think needing to be added is movement while aiming but I'm curious as to why you wish to see RE4 fundamentally changed in such a way.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Code Veronica is my favorite from the series as well... or at least it was before REmake 2 came along. It still holds a lot of nostalgia for me though and I’d still be willing to see the reimagining that Capcom could tell with the game.
They could take the giant gulf worm out for all I care but one thing I hope they don’t do is minimize Wesker’s presence in the game like they did with the Wii-make version. That is something I found integral to the original game’s story and I’d hate to see it removed or completely downplayed.

At the end of the day though I know I can always play the original if I want a play by play on all the monsters and locations in that game. I’m not even concerned about them making it too linear because I think Capcom went the linear route with R3make because its story revolves around a chase and escape plot... perhaps they’ll also hear the fans who were displeased with that feel in the gameplay as well.

I’d also be down for an eventual reimagining of RE4 as well as RE5 even though their graphics still hold up by today’s standards. Maybe Capcom could work the horror elements and story development so they feel more in tune with the remakes... but it’s obviously not imperative that we see those types of remakes with those games any time soon. They should first focus on Code Veronica before any other remake... and maybe moving the series’ story along with newer installments. :lol:

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I’d also be down for an eventual reimagining of RE4 as well as RE5 even though their graphics still hold up by today’s standards. Maybe Capcom could work the horror elements and story development so they feel more in tune with the remakes..

Well if a more horror focused RE4 is what you want I would honestly just rather them make a game in the vein of RE 3.5 https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Biohazard_4_(Castle_Version)

My suggestion would be to keep the idea of it staring Leon and having Wesker attack the Spencer owned estate and the focus be on the Progenerator virus, that game was a version of RE4 I really wished we got and they could use those ideas here and somehow slip it into the series by having the game take place between RE4 and RE5, also as a huge Leon and Wesker fan (check profile pic) I would love to see meeting between the two.

@Turo602 still waiting on your reply for my previous post when you get the chance, still interested.

D

Deleted member 21244

I finished it on inferno today with 28 minutes over the two hour mark in which to get the trophy for finishing it on S rank. I’m frustrated because I don’t know where I went wrong. I ran all over, didn’t waste any time (or so I thought....), had the rocket launcher so I wasn’t blowing everything away for 20 minutes each.....I’m guessing it was somewhere in the beginning because I find it a bish to run from nemesis, I hate it, he always gets me....but that didn’t take that much time, so, I’m lost as to where this 28 minutes comes from.
On nightmare and inferno if you load the game when you die, it still count the time that you played between the save and the death, as if you pressed continue, so you must reload again...
After you die, don't select continue but load the game, as soon as the game load press start button and load the game again
That s why you probably go out of time

Mr Sunshine

If they ever remake RE5 they need to make Chris a little more muscular.

But overal I agree. It doesn't make sense to remake 4 and 5 before CV. Because from a gameplay point of view they already have over the shoulder camera. Also, CV came first so there's that

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well if a more horror focused RE4 is what you want I would honestly just rather them make a game in the vein of RE 3.5 https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Biohazard_4_(Castle_Version)

My suggestion would be to keep the idea of it staring Leon and having Wesker attack the Spencer owned estate and the focus be on the Progenerator virus, that game was a version of RE4 I really wished we got and they could use those ideas here and somehow slip it into the series by having the game take place between RE4 and RE5, also as a huge Leon and Wesker fan (check profile pic) I would love to see meeting between the two.

@Turo602 still waiting on your reply for my previous post when you get the chance, still interested.

Well as you said previously, they may not want to completely scrap the the core of what takes place in their final RE4 product as it was an acclaimed game. But I think they could take the Spencer Castle elements and work them into the storyline while giving it that dark and spooky horror feel.

Capcom seems to be on a folklore kick these days, as there are heavy elements of this in Revelations 2, as well as RE7 which made Marguerite Baker seem witch-like, and now, assuming the rumors are true, RE8. Capcom could easily play up on the scary folklore elements within CVX (the song about a king and queen, which they could hint more on a Lannister-esque relationship between the Ashford twins), RE4 (with the village and castle elements), and RE5 (play up on African voodoo as well as writing Wesker’s demise out in a way that feels more grounded). This would at least start to bridge the series together in terms of horror elements and feel.

Off on a tangent of a CVX remake, it would be cool to actually see Chris doing his investigation on the European Umbrella branch before he gets the notice from Leon about Claire. This way we get a glimpse of the amount of digging he’s been doing and a feel for how much he’s consumed himself with getting more evidence to bring Umbrella down before leaving it all to save his sister.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Well as you said previously, they may not want to completely scrap the the core of what takes place in their final RE4 product as it was an acclaimed game. But I think they could take the Spencer Castle elements and work them into the storyline while giving it that dark and spooky horror feel.

Can't see how that would work though, would be weird to have 2 castle focused areas in a hypothetical RE4 remake, the only way it would work is to remove the Salazar castle which as I explained earlier would be a bad idea since its proven now with the RE3 remake that fans don't respond kindly to fan favorite areas being cut. I just think it would be better and "safer" to salvage the great ideas they had with RE 3.5 (Spencer Castle, Wesker/Leon meeting etc) and just work them into a separate game but thats just my opinion.

Regarding the Chris suggestion for RECV, I'm onboarrd with this if its done right and of course if it does not come at the expense of a entire portion of the game being sacrificed for it, would love to see how Leon got in touch with Chis and what he was doing at the time it happened.

~Excella~

Premium
On nightmare and inferno if you load the game when you die, it still count the time that you played between the save and the death, as if you pressed continue, so you must reload again...
After you die, don't select continue but load the game, as soon as the game load press start button and load the game again
That s why you probably go out of time
I was reloading whenever I died, but, I still think it’s possible i was too slow in the beginning when running from nemesis. I was so happy thinking I did a great job to get S and then my heart sank seeing B.

oh well, I’ll have to stab at it all over again. Man, it’s hard lol

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment

I find that in order to save time, it is nice to Unlock the bolt cutters and lock pick from Bonuses so you can basically skip through the first part of the game. That way you can get the extra fanny pack and then rush around Nemesis with minimal run ins. It has turned my times down to like 1:45ish. Also, if you have unlimited weapons, you can skip getting the shotgun and magnum. I still recommend getting the Grenade Launcher so you can shoot the Mines out during that one Nemesis fight.

D

Deleted member 21244

I was reloading whenever I died, but, I still think it’s possible i was too slow in the beginning when running from nemesis. I was so happy thinking I did a great job to get S and then my heart sank seeing B.

oh well, I’ll have to stab at it all over again. Man, it’s hard lol
You have to reload two time, because the first reload will still count your time, when you die you must reload, than press the pause button once the first load is done and reload again from the pause menu

Also if you buy the rocket launcher yuo can pretty go trought the whole game by shooting everything and get 1 hour of play time whitout taking anything, just the necessary things to continue in the game, it's a joke

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom