• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE: Degeneration was better!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Godzilla90s;63271 said:
of course degeneration was much better than the other 3 disasters

Better in that it was canon, but otherwise I don't think it really compares...

Degeneration was missing so many RE elements, of course it is hard to make RE into a game, because of the nature of the game experience, but I think Anderson's first film did much better.:)

Creator Of G

Can't believe no one mentioned the fact that the G-Virus was a major plot point and that Birkin cameoed in it. The G-Virus is the single coolest mutagen in all of the Resi universe, and Curtis using it on himself was a bit "WTF?!" moment.

On the topic of Curtis, I think it was cool that he stayed "conscious" when he was infected. Birkin should've tried a bit harder to use restraint, don't you think?

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Angela was lame. WTF is up with her? If you're gonna give Leon a love interest she's gotta be contendable with Ada, I think. Claire, although I wouldn't want that, could be with Leon. She's worth it. Angela... not so much....
Leon was also kind of bland in the movie. Claire was cool, but come on Leon, lighten up. The first Resident Evil movie ftw.

Revenantjack_2.0

I agree on Degeneration as the best RE movie so far, but there are still rooms for improvements. The animation wasn't as fluid as the cutscenes in the games. Leon looked like in constant constipation, as for Angela, I think she somehow serves as the selling point to new male audience. Claire by far was the most alive looking character.

The plot, yeah I gotta agree it's a bit lame, what a big coincidence that Curtis was Angela's brother. Other than those mentioned above, the movie can be considered a success. I compared this CGI animated movie with another CGI animation from another company, Final Fantasy:Advent Children, and I can say that Resident Evil:Degeneration is far more watchable. I'd love to see a sequel, featuring the two original protagonists, Chris and Jill.

weskerfan

i think its better because it follows the story of the games.
unlike the other movies they have their own story
i think they suck!

SamuraiEdge

I liked Degeneration, it wasnt that bad ass horror movie we always expected from Resident Evil but it was way better than anything Anderson has done. I want to see the Resident Evil movie's reboot to the Spencer Estate with the S.T.A.R.S., Lisa Trevor, Crimson Heads and all the elements from Remake. This movie would be a classic and its a crime that it hasnt already been made. George Romero's script was far from perfect but at least he was on the right track. At least he didnt cast his wife as the lead role and totally change the storyline because Milla Jovoabitch looks like none of the Resident Evil characters. Those movies are so lame, my friends are far from Re fans, they played Re5 and thats bout it. When I asked them what they thought of the movies, they used the words trash, crap, boring, waste of potential. I'll never understand how anyone can enjoy them. NEVER!!

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
I do like Degeneration, but... The character design kinda sucks for me :I Please, I don't even recognize Leon 0_x!

I so not like his chardesign in Degeneration, they could make better >.> Okay, he can't look like just in 2002, but he can in 2004. And no, if he just stayed the same, it won't like he's a young skilled smexy beast :I Wait a second... he would, but that won't be unnatural :I You know what I mean D:!

For example: I have an uncle. He now looks exactly the same as he looked since I was 10! I'm now 14 D:!

And *uhum* you won't gonna put a lady with fishlips and huge boobs in a S.R.T. or that kind of an army thing :I

And where the hell did Leon's emotions gone?! He didn't even smile D:!

Leonlover

Huh? o.O
I really loved RE degeneration, but leon's looks not like RE4 unfortunately :( but the story is awesome!!!...Oh yeah one more thing, i hate angela! >_< lol

Top Bottom