• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE: Degeneration was better!

I don't get why they keep pairing him up with everyone but Claire. If they're gonna pair him up with every girl in the series they might as well pair him with the one girl that would make sense to pair him up with.

It's a good thing he wasn't in 5, they would have paired him up with Excella.

InfadaStone

013;46582 said:
It's a good thing he wasn't in 5, they would have paired him up with Excella.

LOL Yes. Guaranteed.

Maybe he will be paired up with Wesker when we run out of female characters...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
^in my dreams. :p

I don't know, I personally think he and Claire have too platonic a relationship to be paired up together. I've always been a Leon/Ada 'shipper, so of course the romantic interest Leon showed towards Angela p*ssed me the hell off. It was just useless, I found- him responding to her the way he did with absolutely NO mention of Ada.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i didn't like the way leon was portrayed in degen, and your right in what you say, if he does generally have feelings for ada, then why was there no mention.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yeah, I just chalk it all up to poor writing. I've always felt Leon's character was ruined in Degeneration, and his interest in Angela was 'the icing on the cake', so to speak. In RE 2 and 4, Capcom made it blatently obvious that Leon and Ada cared very deeply for eachother, and they just kinda chucked that out the window in Degeneration. It didn't make any sense to me, the Leon in the games I don't think would have responded the same way to Angela's request to 'go diving'. But who knows- he did hit on Hunnigan. Still, I think there would have been SOME mention of Ada at least at one point in the movie- some way to express their relationship as Leon had done at the end of RE 4.

InfadaStone

The whole weird thing about Degeneration is that I was used to Leon always cracking cheesy lines and flirting with every woman he meets, like in RE4. In this movie he is well stiff and completely unsociable, nothing like the Leon we all know from RE4 or even the one from RE2!

Resident James

I liked degeneration, yeah, parts of it is cheesy, and Leons eyes are a bit off to me.

Angela didn't annoy me too much, and the romance with Leon, well I hope that was just 'in the moment' rather than anything.

wpstudart

The couples in Resident Evil are:
Leon & Ada
Jill & Chris
Claire & Steve (IMO)

And I hated Leon in the movie. He's so 'I'm the best, I don't need to say anything because I'm the best.'

rocklikebrucelee

Selenatripox;37683 said:
Unlike many others here... i LOVEEED that movie and i though the animations were just AMAZING (especially uberhot Clair :wub:).

After seeing this movie... i thought this was slightly better then the "real" RE movies. :D

SLIGHTLY? more like WAYYYY better since it actually follows the damn story line :\

CassidyAcid

Ooh I liked Degenration. I don't really like the live action films very much.

Would like to have seen more of Claire though :p. Her character design was lovely I thought. Her hair was to die for *_*

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I agree that Resident Evil: Degeneration is the best RE movie out for right now in my opinion.

Reasons why I think it is the best for right now:
Paul Mercier is back from RE4
Alyson Court is back from the RE games that had Claire in them
A good story
It is animated
Great settings (mostly the airport in my opinion)
It was closest movie that I watched that was like the games
And my favorite actress is in RE: Degeneration

codename: HUNK

I disagree. I like degeneration, but I don't like the way they made leon. I found him to be boring. A boring main character just doesn't do much for the story. I like resident evil apocalypse the best. Gotta love Nemesis!

codename: HUNK

BIGHARD CHEATER;50084 said:
I agree that Resident Evil: Degeneration is the best RE movie out for right now in my opinion.

Reasons why I think it is the best for right now:
Paul Mercier is back from RE4
Alyson Court is back from the RE games that had Claire in them
A good story
It is animated
Great settings (mostly the airport in my opinion)
It was closest movie that I watched that was like the games
And my favorite actress is in RE: Degeneration

I didn't like paul mercier. I prefered Paul Haddad from RE2

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
codename: HUNK;50094 said:
I disagree. I like degeneration, but I don't like the way they made leon. I found him to be boring. A boring main character just doesn't do much for the story. I like resident evil apocalypse the best. Gotta love Nemesis!

I wouldn't say Leon was boring in that movie. He was more grim. You'd be grim too if you lived in a world where mutagenic viruses were infecting everyone and you were the leading expert on killing them. Oh and BTW, that thing in RE Apocalypse WAS NOT NEMESIS!

Duo

I could tolerate or justify Leon's difference in character for this film outside of the content with Angela. I think I'll just blame her for that. She is the negative aspect of the film personified.

Claire, and all that she is, more than made up for it. Seeing her was the shining point of the film for me.

But for the most part the story was recycled off of RE2 and some aspects of the other games. I suppose that as the point, though.

RichardB

Premium
Selenatripox;37683 said:
Unlike many others here... i LOVEEED that movie and i though the animations were just AMAZING (especially uberhot Clair :wub:).

After seeing this movie... i thought this was slightly better then the "real" RE movies. :D

I just saw the movie yesterday after renting it from Netflix

and I also thought that it was very good!

Top Bottom