• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Post your First Name.

tequila

Bottle Lover
As far as names, I hate it when people misspell it and mispronounce it. Afterwards, people make fun of it. I remember back in the day when I had to repeat my name and them break-it-down like this for them. It was so frustrating!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;71014 said:
Manos. But when you talk to somebody and say his name you don't pronnounce the final "s".

However, this is my short name. In fact I was baptized as Emmanouil(Emmanuel).
How is Manos short for Emmanouil? :confused:

Trinity;71239 said:
Ivanka is a common name here :) Ivana also.

My first name is Milena,it's supposed to mean kind,dear
That is very nice my dear. :D

I don't know many names from your country, but is Biserka common there? I could almost call you that. :p (I hope I remember correctly about what it means lol.)

Rammlied;71436 said:
Aaron, and yes that is how you spell it. Not the female way :p
What is the female way?

Trinity;71485 said:
T-Virus Injected;71434 said:
Stefan. it"s not pronounced Steffen, more like Stefan Urkel from family matters if anyone remembers that. I'm half french so the french way of spelling it is Stephane but it looks like Stephanie so my mom spared me the ridicule at school.
That's how it's pronounced in our langugage lol.

That's how it's pronounced in our langugage too. :p

aintnoscrub;71493 said:
adam adam adam adam adam adam
thats me
Lol if you say it too fast it's almost like "Aadam madam madam madam...." :p

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Fallen91;71755 said:
Em-mano-uil. Also, all greek male names have a final "s". So..

Manos!

You're serious? All Greek males have an "s" at the end of their name? I never noticed that :lol:

Mr Sunshine

tremor;71756 said:
You're serious? All Greek males have an "s" at the end of their name? I never noticed that :lol:

How strange! I suppose you do meet many greek guys everyday in your life! :lol:

Trinity

Romero;71695 said:

That is very nice my dear. :D

I don't know many names from your country, but is Biserka common there? I could almost call you that. :p (I hope I remember correctly about what it means lol.)

It's an older name,and it's stupid :) But it has a nice meaning. Pearl :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;71755 said:
Em-mano-uil. Also, all greek male names have a final "s". So..

Manos!
Are you serious? All Greek male names ends with an "s"?

So "Bob" becomes "Bobs" which is almost "boobs"? :eek:

So Mr. Odd (a Scandinavian male name) becomes "Odds" if he moves to Hellas. What's the odds for that to happen? :lol:

And Lars (another Scandinavian name) becomes Larss if he moves to Hellas. :p

tremor;71756 said:
I swear I did not copy you, it was my instant reaction before I read your post. Funny how we think the same sometimes....

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Romero;71780 said:

So Mr. Odd (a Scandinavian male name) becomes "Odds" if he moves to Hellas. What's the odds for that to happen? :lol:

I swear I did not copy you, it was my instant reaction before I read your post. Funny how we think the same sometimes....

:lol: I got curious and looked up a list of Greek male names. Fallen's right...most of the names all end in "s" :p

Thank goodness I'm not male, or I'd end up being Mirandas xD

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Trinity;71778 said:
It's an older name,and it's stupid :) But it has a nice meaning. Pearl :)
OK I didn't know it's out of fashion. But the woman I know/knew with that name is a bit old...

At least I was right about its meaning. :)

Mr Sunshine

Romero;71780 said:

lol. Actually it's not like this! Foreign names stay as they are. e.g John, Bob. Ancient greek names have some chages though. Hector => Ectoras, Platon => Platonas, Iason(Jason) => Iasonas e.t.c

tremor;71781 said:
:lol: I got curious and looked up a list of Greek male names. Fallen's right...most of the names all end in "s" :p

Thank goodness I'm not male, or I'd end up being Mirandas xD

Not most of them, All of them!. Prove me that I'm wrong and I'll give you a cookie with brownies. :p

lol, there is not a male version of Miranda! :p

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Fallen91;71784 said:
lol. Actually it's not like this! Foreign names stay as they are. e.g John, Bob. Ancient greek names have some chages though. Hector => Ectoras, Platon => Platonas, Iason(Jason) => Iasonas e.t.c

Not most of them, All of them!. Prove me that I'm wrong and I'll give you a cookie with brownies. :p

lol, there is not a male version of Miranda! :p

Looky There are a few names on that list that don't end in "s". Can I have my cookie and brownies now? :p :lol:

Mr Sunshine

tremor;71785 said:
Looky There are a few names on that list that don't end in "s". Can I have my cookie and brownies now? :p :lol:

Ha! No you can't!

The names that end in "n" are in ancient greek. Their modern greek version have "s"! The ones that end in "d" or "m" are jewish and they remain as they are in greek! Read the descriptions! :p

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Fallen91;71792 said:
Ha! No you can't!

The names that end in "n" are in ancient greek. Their modern greek version have "s"! The ones that end in "d" or "m" are jewish and they remain as they are in greek! Read the descriptions! :p

I'm still gonna get my cookie and brownies.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Selenatripox;71790 said:
My first name is Amin. That's all you get. :)
Nice name, but it's not Swedish? Or maybe it is?

Fallen91;71792 said:
Ha! No you can't!

Of course ancient Greek names counts! You owe our sweetheart a "cookie with brownies". :lol:
I thought brownies was a type of cookie/cake on their own so I'm curious about this cookie "with brownies" lol.

Top Bottom