• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Normal vs Pro

Broken Butterfly

What's the difference? 'Cause if the only thing that is different is the amount of health the bad guys take when they deal an attack, I'm not interested.

I assume that there is nothing new added to the storyline, but are there more/different enemies?

Hoady

Yeah i guess the damage you take is higher and theres more enemies.I'm pretty sure they sprint more frequently as well which gives more opportunity for tripping shin cappage lol.

Broken Butterfly

Ohhh, I see. Thanks for the info, guys.

I'd like harder bosses, but I don't want to deal with all of the extraneous random guys.

Honestly, i've played it so much, I hardly feel a difference so far.
ResidentZelda;45558 said:
don't forget the difficulty, Verdugo is the hardest boss in the whole game in pro.

If your lazy like me, you know that you also don't have to beat Right Hand. :lol:

Hehe, nah, i've beat him/her before but if I can get a free pass and im just trying to beat the game, hell why not?

Levan

Polkka. lol
No, she can't. She'll actually help you since the ganados just drop to the floor when they grab her, giving you time to knife them.

I use her as a human shield most of the time, making her wait, and me going behind and throwing grenades at her as the ganados are distracted. :p

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Levan;46296 said:
No, she can't. She'll actually help you since the ganados just drop to the floor when they grab her, giving you time to knife them.
What? What?? Ashely helpful?! I'm shocked! :lol:

I use her as a human shield most of the time, making her wait, and me going behind and throwing grenades at her as the ganados are distracted. :p
Haha, you know that the use of human shields is a violation of LOAC (law of armed conflict), which is a public international law?
(Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions 1949, "Protocol 1" adopted 1977.)
Hehehe! :p

Levan

Polkka. lol
That law doesn't apply with Ashley, and actually Ashley pretty much uses Leon as a human shield most of the time, since she just stands right at his back and be useless while Leon's being shot by flaming arrows and hatchets. :p

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Romero;46316 said:

What? What?? Ashely helpful?! I'm shocked! :lol:

Haha, you know that the use of human shields is a violation of LOAC (law of armed conflict), which is a public international law?
(Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions 1949, "Protocol 1" adopted 1977.)
Hehehe! :p

pretty useless bit of imformation since were talking about a video game

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
aintnoscrub;46344 said:
pretty useless bit of imformation since were talking about a video game
I think this is the second time this week you and I are on different pages in the humour department. :)
Humour serves little purpose apart from being entertaining to them which understands that particular humour, and not everyone will find the same joke funny. So it may indeed be useless. I'm perhaps older than your father and I don't expect you to always be on my page. I do accept it, please do accept it you too. :)

I think we got sidetracked, I'm done with this now. To get back on topic:

EternalImpaler said:
I don't think so, but if you complete it you get the P.R.L. 412
Is that a gun? I don't think I've heard of it before.

Levan

Polkka. lol
It's some sort of laser, it's called Plagas Removal Laser, which when charged, kills any enemy infected with the plagas(hence why plagas removal). I never got it before though, but it has a lot of negative reviews, I think one complaint was the slow charging. D:

Nosophoros

I'm actually trying to get that myself, I'm up mto the Castle. If you wait long enough at the title screen it will show it in the 2nd or 3rd video.

Sephiroxas

Romero;46287 said:

Bulletproof. :)
But she can still be kidnapped or what?

no, she's too heavy, they pick her up and fall over, so you basically don't have to worry about her the whole game. Also if she's crouching or standing in front of you, she's a very good shield. :rolleyes::lol:

Raef

Captain Courageous;45672 said:
Yeah i guess the damage you take is higher and theres more enemies.I'm pretty sure they sprint more frequently as well which gives more opportunity for tripping shin cappage lol.

Thats pretty accurate. The dodge sequences are also less forgiving. (i.e. less time to react, more vigourus tapping, faster wiggling of the left analog to free yourself, etc.) Enemies are slightly faster, more damaging, and can take a slightly noticible increase in damage resistance. I'd say, that the four most notable things that differ from Normal is the damage Leon can take, the boss difficulty, seemingly large increase in enemy dropped cash, and the disappearance of the tactical vest.

Nosophoros

I've already beat it and now use it as my main game. When I first played through I kept wondering when the merchant would sell me the vest....

Top Bottom