• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Must Read! This Likely Applies To You!

Hoady

Well that is no surprise, i've actually been looking at alternatives.I don't use Google anymore, i use a search engine called DuckDuckGo(its awesome) there is info on there showing how google tracks you.Hotmail is my current target.As for Facebook i use it mainly for updates on my group likes, so it is extremely handy for my up to date info but yeah it isn't exactly cool having your stuff sold and can be tracked at any moment.My groups aren't exactly status quo positive lol.Its really dodgy because you have to search to delete your account and even then they probably hold your information.

Honestly as soon as i see an alternative where i can gather information i will change.You bet your ass people are working on different social networking sites now, i seriously think that alot of people will ditch facebook when the next big one comes up, one that refuses too to sell information.Guess i could just delete it an make a fake account though

Meg

So bin ich eben
Oooooooof course! I like Google and everything, but that is pretty freaky. I have a panic disorder which I have slowly but surely been overcoming the past few years. I've searched panic disorders and such on Google. So if I apply for a job or loan or something these companies would know I have a panic disorder? And they'd be able to deny me because of it? Awesome....

I'm taking a mass communications class and we've talked about Facebook and such a bit. I'll have to bring this up in class. Thanks for posting. :)

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Seriously. All of you move to the EU. The only good thing they've ever created and one of the only truly good things to come out of the World Wars is our insane over-protectiveness when it comes to personal data. Facebook, if asked, has got just 40 days to hand over EVERYTHING they have about me to me or I can sue them into oblivion and beyond under that wonderful Data Protection Act.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Said this would happen when facebook and the likes first took off... ohhhh how they thought i was p..ppp..p..p.p...paranoid back then, not laughing now are they ? no0oo0o0o0oo0oooooo....mugs.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
freefood.jpg

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Oooooooof course! I like Google and everything, but that is pretty freaky. I have a panic disorder which I have slowly but surely been overcoming the past few years. I've searched panic disorders and such on Google. So if I apply for a job or loan or something these companies would know I have a panic disorder? And they'd be able to deny me because of it? Awesome....

I'm taking a mass communications class and we've talked about Facebook and such a bit. I'll have to bring this up in class. Thanks for posting. :)

No one can deny you for having panic disorder, and if they did that would be discrimination. I have panic disorder as well, so I've researched over the years what you can and can't do with it. You can do anything you WANT to do with it, even join the military...

The other day I was watching the L word on youtube (guilty pleasure D: ) then I got on my FB a few days later to see a whole bunch of ads like "Be proud, come out today!" and "Don't stay quiet in Church, let your voice be heard and let there be gay marriage in Church!" My jaws dropped. Facebook knows what I'm watching/doing! D:

Reactions: Meg

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Well FB doesn't know me at all - all my ads are things like manicure offers, solar energy installation and dating sites for lesbians.

I've never had a manicure in my life, I live in the UK where the sun visits for about 3 weeks in every year and I'm a married heterosexual. Go figure.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Well FB doesn't know me at all - all my ads are things like manicure offers, solar energy installation and dating sites for lesbians.

I've never had a manicure in my life, I live in the UK where the sun visits for about 3 weeks in every year and I'm a married heterosexual. Go figure.

Haha! That's pretty funny. My FB knows me too well... There's RE ads, nursing school ads, harry potter, New Girl (tv show), and pretty much everything I like. Maybe FB isn't so nosey in Europe :p

L

Lurker
I have panic disorder as well, so I've researched over the years what you can and can't do with it. You can do anything you WANT to do with it, even join the military...
Umm... the military can deny you. If you have a panic disorder, you may be unfit for battle.
Anyway, I'm not 13 yet and I've been getting these ads. Facebook is doing illegal things and so am I, and only by being on the internet. They've gotta rewrite these internet laws.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Umm... the military can deny you. If you have a panic disorder, you may be unfit for battle.

Yes, they can deny anyone for any reason, but I think the military is pretty much accepting anyone nowadays. My friend was accepted into the army even though he had a heart murmur and that used to be a HUGE no no in the military. I was pretty much saying if you have your panic disorder under control then you can pretty much do anything you want, including joining the military if you are "fit" for battle. :)

Top Bottom