• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City More Information!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I liked L4D...just i dont compre it to RE...

I haven't played L4D, but obviously it's going to be compared.....just as a series with zombies.

Though they are different enough, from what I can tell, to where they probably won't ever be confused with one another.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I haven't played L4D, but obviously it's going to be compared.....just as a series with zombies.

Though they are different enough, from what I can tell, to where they probably won't ever be confused with one another.

There is one HUGE difference though...RE has ALWAYS been about the story and characters...L4D is made as a survival game that relys on and pushes the limits of multiplater capabilities...no story whatsoever...the game is entirley about multiplayer...now i love it...i sit down with my granny and we blow zombies away...but really RE is more that just a shooter with zombies and can't be compared in any other respect rather than what you said...both being a series with zombies...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
There is one HUGE difference though...RE has ALWAYS been about the story and characters...L4D is made as a survival game that relys on and pushes the limits of multiplater capabilities...no story whatsoever...the game is entirley about multiplayer...now i love it...i sit down with my granny and we blow zombies away...but really RE is more that just a shooter with zombies and can't be compared in any other respect rather than what you said...both being a series with zombies...

Oh yeah, of course. Even from just the bits that I read, it's obvious that they just try to overwhelm you, and really make it so that you have to work together, etc.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh yeah, of course. Even from just the bits that I read, it's obvious that they just try to overwhelm you, and really make it so that you have to work together, etc.

They do...its swarm after swarm...its fun when you get some buddies together and stay up trash talkin and everything...but all in all its a party game...RE is the farthest thing from a party game...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
They do...its swarm after swarm...its fun when you get some buddies together and stay up trash talkin and everything...but all in all its a party game...RE is the farthest thing from a party game...

Well at least up to this point.....

ORC probably will be exactly that. I've sat down with a group and played some Mercs in RE5 though.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well at least up to this point.....

ORC probably will be exactly that. I've sat down with a group and played some Mercs in RE5 though.

I don't really count mercs just cause its a mini game...i mean ORC may be that way, but i still feel it will be very story driven...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't really count mercs just cause its a mini game...i mean ORC may be that way, but i still feel it will be very story driven...

It might be a party game on par with the likes of a CoD or something like that too.

I hope the story is worth it. No matter what though, even if it's a crap story, and the characters are really weird(not in a good way), I'm sure seeing Raccoon City all pretty, and probably the most complete Raccoon we have ever seen(hopefully a freeroam kind of thing, where everything is connected).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It might be a party game on par with the likes of a CoD or something like that too.

I hope the story is worth it. No matter what though, even if it's a crap story, and the characters are really weird(not in a good way), I'm sure seeing Raccoon City all pretty, and probably the most complete Raccoon we have ever seen(hopefully a freeroam kind of thing, where everything is connected).

The characters really worried me too...but i think hey, anyting is possible, so maybe they will be good characters...

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I doubt the story will be anything highly regarded as in when people talk about ORC, they'll probably comment on the nostalgia of walking through racoon city and how fun it is to play with friends like you guys have said. Only because it is so multiplayer driven. But still thats more than enough for me not to be dissapointed. If it were RE6 i would be very let down and probably bitch about the almighty dollar and company fraud again.

Top Bottom