• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City More Information!

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
class based co-op gameplay. sounds like outbreak. zombies, hunters, and tyrants! I feel hopefull that even though the gameplay will be action based we will be getting a nice RE experience.

Nemesis1985

the more information I get,the more promising the game looks.dazzling graphic,cool characters but the story,still disappointing.

T-Vaccinated Kid

the more information I get,the more promising the game looks.dazzling graphic,cool characters but the story,still disappointing.

"KILL LEON!" How is that not interesting? I mean, think of how Resistance 2 co-op works. The game constantly throws new coordinated groups of enemies at you depending on how your team is working together. The level of variety and challenge is fantastic when you throw in: player classes, zombies, hunters, and tyrants!

Nemesis1985

Alright,the new trailer changed my mind,the game does look amazing. Hope there will be lots of puzzles and twists in the game.
Just in case if Leon dies,my condolences to Leon's family :-(

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
can somebody tell me what exactly is going on with the story line ? We've already been through all this have we not ?

ps, Leon lives, Ada saves his ass..................again.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't think they'll try to make a decent storyline, or be consistent with the rest of the series (in terms of story, characters or the city itself).
They're just trying to make a funny game, which fits in teh RE universe, but with things you couldn't normally do in a regular RE game.
For example, the USS knowing of Leon's existence, their technology by that time (wich doesn't exist in more recent games, and the other USS teams, with very important missions didn't have), the fact that the USS has a symbol and worse - it resembles Umbrella's (it was supposed for them not to leave clues, so they shouldn't have UMBRELLA written in their foreheads), the fact that SpecOps are there, everything looks stupid
However, it may be a little more funny then COD because it has BOWs and you can use them against your enemies.

T-Vaccinated Kid

I'm sure any plot in the game will have to do with your team of spec ops hunting down Leon, engaging US soldiers/RPD officers, avoiding engaging B.O.W.s, and cleaing up after Umbrella. Sounds like plenty of stuff to make up the game given what we already know is going on at that time and place.

I think B.O.W.s, zombies, and human enemies will make the gameplay pretty variable. There was some concept art that even suggested that you will be able to grab a zombie and use it as a shield in a gun fight. With non-regenerating health this will probably be pretty important. I can't wait to see how the game will have us interacting with the B.O.W.s.

LordGolbez

I Don't Really See The Point Of Grabbing A Zombie And Using Them As A Shield Because They Would Be Trying To Eat You The Whole Time And The Usual Pressure Points Used To Manipulate Someone Living Wouldn't Work. A Survivor, Yeah I Could See That, But A Zombie No.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Just wanted to point out to everyone that this game IS just a "spinoff" which means that it will have no bearing on the established Resident Evil canon.

True you may be able to change the storyline events ingame by killing Leon,Claire,or Jill for instance but please remember this is a "side/what if story" so to speak.

Nemesis1985

As I said before Capcom and other Companies just think about money.they know that whatever they make,they will sell millions of that game.They do not give a ... to what game players really want.In my opinion,RE is finished.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
As I said before Capcom and other Companies just think about money.they know that whatever they make,they will sell millions of that game.They do not give a ... to what game players really want.In my opinion,RE is finished.

I dont think Resident Evil is finished. But i do agree with the brand=money part.

I think they just wanted to see if they could create a game for the vets and new fans alike. And because it is a spin-off why not let them have their fun. I for one am getting the game to see raccoon city again in a different light. I doubt RE6 will follow the same shallow story, after all the series is still fully functional (which is debatable).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

I also don't quite think its finished...in fact i've been waiting for a game like this...something RE that dosnt have the story or character development all the others have...i just wanted something like (and when i say this i don't mean the gameplay, i mean the concept) the mercs...I mean i love just running around killing without having to think about the story...this isnt exactly like that, but the story dosnt matter much...The thing i love most about RE though is that its the video game series with the BEST story of any i've ever played so...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I also don't quite think its finished...in fact i've been waiting for a game like this...something RE that dosnt have the story or character development all the others have...i just wanted something like (and when i say this i don't mean the gameplay, i mean the concept) the mercs...I mean i love just running around killing without having to think about the story...this isnt exactly like that, but the story dosnt matter much...The thing i love most about RE though is that its the video game series with the BEST story of any i've ever played so...

Considering that this is pretty much just a side game, or at least that's the impression I'm getting, I'm inclined to agree with you.

I think RE is such an awesome universe, that can really be fun and cool and succesful across different mediums.

I think as far as gameplay goes, it can be done many different ways. The idea of having an RE that is a rail shooter sounds cool on paper, and it was in the final product too....maybe not as fun as actual RE.

But anyway, if they decide to make one side game that takes place in the RE universe, but doesn't play like RE at all, except maybe a few things, no harm and no foul as far as I'm concerned.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Considering that this is pretty much just a side game, or at least that's the impression I'm getting, I'm inclined to agree with you.

I think RE is such an awesome universe, that can really be fun and cool and succesful across different mediums.

I think as far as gameplay goes, it can be done many different ways. The idea of having an RE that is a rail shooter sounds cool on paper, and it was in the final product too....maybe not as fun as actual RE.

But anyway, if they decide to make one side game that takes place in the RE universe, but doesn't play like RE at all, except maybe a few things, no harm and no foul as far as I'm concerned.

See i think MOST, not all, fans will agree with you on this...that because its a non-cannon side story then its okay...what people are most upset about it seems, is that why put this game out and waste time instead of making RE6 and putting it out...well in my opinion its way to soon after RE5 for there to be an RE6...

Top Bottom