• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City More Information!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
See i think MOST, not all, fans will agree with you on this...that because its a non-cannon side story then its okay...what people are most upset about it seems, is that why put this game out and waste time instead of making RE6 and putting it out...well in my opinion its way to soon after RE5 for there to be an RE6...

I don't think it could ever be too soon, so long as they put in the proper effort and all....which they don't seem to do anyway anymore. At least recently.

It just like when some complain about the movies, that is a legitimate complaint, sure, but it also has absolutely no bearing on the games. The movies aren't affecting what happens in the games, you could ingnore the movies, and just play the games, and it wouldn't bother anyone at all...

That's how I see the side story, or non-canon games, no that those are the same, but neither are part of the main, canon, story.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
See i do
I don't think it could ever be too soon, so long as they put in the proper effort and all....which they don't seem to do anyway anymore. At least recently....

See, i do see there being a too soon...but thats because i think that they cant, not just wouldnt, but CANT put the proper effort into it if its so soon after as big a game as RE5...i mean i liked five...not my favorite, but i liked...i think they are gonna unveil somthing BIG with RE6...its like when a band has a really successful album alot of them rush into a follow up that is never as good as the predesessor because its a rush job...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
See i do

See, i do see there being a too soon...but thats because i think that they cant, not just wouldnt, but CANT put the proper effort into it if its so soon after as big a game as RE5...i mean i liked five...not my favorite, but i liked...i think they are gonna unveil somthing BIG with RE6...its like when a band has a really successful album alot of them rush into a follow up that is never as good as the predesessor because its a rush job...

Not never, but probably most of the time.

I'm not saying they should rush it, but they shouldn't take their sweet time, just for the sake of it not being, "too early".

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Not never, but probably most of the time.

I'm not saying they should rush it, but they shouldn't take their sweet time, just for the sake of it not being, "too early".
Well youre right...never is a bit of an overstatment...but you see where i'm commin from...

iCanHazT-Virus?

I hope capcom don't focus too much on the multiplayer, resident evil was never designed to have multiplayer (i know it's a squad shooter and all) and even resident evil 5 messed up it's multiplayer. I just want a worthy single player experience that lasts ATLEAST 12 hours

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I hope capcom don't focus too much on the multiplayer, resident evil was never designed to have multiplayer (i know it's a squad shooter and all) and even resident evil 5 messed up it's multiplayer. I just want a worthy single player experience that lasts ATLEAST 12 hours

Problem is, Capcom isnt making this one...its someone else with Capsom supervising i believe...though i coud be wrong...Slant Six is the company...However i do agree with you in full...

iCanHazT-Virus?

Problem is, Capcom isnt making this one...its someone else with Capsom supervising i believe...though i coud be wrong...Slant Six is the company...However i do agree with you in full...
I know that but i'm sure capcom have the final say towards everything, adding and subtracting things whenever they please.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know that but i'm sure capcom have the final say towards everything, adding and subtracting things whenever they please.

Well very possibly, but in all honesty i'm not sure...i mean final say i know theyll have, but due to it being a side story and non cannon i doubt theyll put a lot of effort into that...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking

Yeah, I wanted coop so bad. RE5 has changed my mind though. They should have coop, but never for the story.

For mercs though, it's fine. I mean we are still wanting to play with our friends right?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, I wanted coop so bad. RE5 has changed my mind though. They should have coop, but never for the story.

For mercs though, it's fine. I mean we are still wanting to play with our friends right?

Exactly...i mean i don't think multiplayer was bad aside from it took away from the feeling of being scared...plus i hated Sheva's character...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Exactly...i mean i don't think multiplayer was bad aside from it took away from the feeling of being scared...plus i hated Sheva's character...

Right. They should also work on the coop, make it less annoying. Perhaps less having to rely so heavily on somebody.

Make it more a convienent partner, not forced or anything like Sheva. I liked your partners in Outbreak. Also, what about a group of 3 like in Outbreak.

It seems like ORC will be like that anyway.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Right. They should also work on the coop, make it less annoying. Perhaps less having to rely so heavily on somebody.

Make it more a convienent partner, not forced or anything like Sheva. I liked your partners in Outbreak. Also, what about a group of 3 like in Outbreak.

It seems like ORC will be like that anyway.

Again, i like your ideas...but if youre gonna have three then it better be scary enough to still make you feel all alone...

iCanHazT-Virus?

Ok...So iv'e been doing my research on ORC today and this is what i can conclude from what i have discovered. I think people are misunderstanding this game. i believe the game is in complete canon with the main storyline, however it seems like capcom are leaving the game with open arms sort of. So for example, if you play the game the way it's supposed to and get the 'real' ending per say, then that was all canon BUT i think there will be ways to alter the storyline slightly making the outcome of the game NON canon. like in dead rising 1 there was an ending where frank west died, it happened but it wasn't canon to the dead rising storyline. I'm not sure but this is what i got from wikipedia " The story is a reinterpretation of the events occurred in the original games, changing certain facts in the series." in other words it is just the same story only re-told. Terribly sorry if this didn't make any sense to some people :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ok...So iv'e been doing my research on ORC today and this is what i can conclude from what i have discovered. I think people are misunderstanding this game. i believe the game is in complete canon with the main storyline, however it seems like capcom are leaving the game with open arms sort of. So for example, if you play the game the way it's supposed to and get the 'real' ending per say, then that was all canon BUT i think there will be ways to alter the storyline slightly making the outcome of the game NON canon. like in dead rising 1 there was an ending where frank west died, it happened but it wasn't canon to the dead rising storyline. I'm not sure but this is what i got from wikipedia " The story is a reinterpretation of the events occurred in the original games, changing certain facts in the series." in other words it is just the same story only re-told. Terribly sorry if this didn't make any sense to some people :D

Thats what i thought from the beggining...that its bassicly RE2 and 3 but from a different point of view...of course you really don't know till you try...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Again, i like your ideas...but if youre gonna have three then it better be scary enough to still make you feel all alone...

Definately. Something tells me that this game isn't going to be particularly scary...don't know how they could make it like that...certainly not if they make it play like a shooter, like SOCOM or something. At least probably not. The larger the group, the less scary. There should be some seclusion.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
going to be just like left 4 dead, but with that resident evil feel, so i guess i'm going to like it..i never did like left 4 dead that much, but if it's in the resident evil universe then its going to be amazing.

Top Bottom