• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 leon vs chris??

chrisleonjillclaire

between leon and chris , who in your opinion has been more physically and mentally challenged throughout the history of the games ? Think about what they have both seperately been through and what challenges and monsters they have both come up against (Leon in RE2 +RE4 and Chris in RE1+RE:Code veronica+RE5) and tell me who you think is the most badass !

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Let the fanboy wars commence! Anyway, Chris gets my vote. He is stronger, more trained in combat, and overall more seasoned in war. People will say Leon is the smarter and more collected one, but really in a fight that isn't going to matter.

Lonesurvivor2127

Let the fanboy wars commence! Anyway, Chris gets my vote. He is stronger, more trained in combat, and overall more seasoned in war. People will say Leon is the smarter and more collected one, but really in a fight that isn't going to matter.

Chris is stronger and more seasoned in batte but he doesn't have more training in combat. lol I would say he has more combat experience but they have the same amount of appearances. And With Chris being out of action Leon could have passed him. who knows. If we were talking about the beginning of the series then yea It would def be Chris.Chris had air force training and was a great shot from shooting before joining. When he joined S.T.A.R.S he pretty much was just SWAT +. Leon was highest in his academy and was also a very good shooter. However Leon went became a Special Agent. Basicly American James Bond. lol Chris formed the BSAA and recieved more training but basicly was just a grunt. Leon was trained for six years to basicly be a man fighting machine. He's higher ranked then secret service and Black Ops. Leon has more combat training basicly.

In a fight you want to be calm and collected tho. Being Stronger is a great plus in a fight but if your not thinking clearly and just atttacking. You be put down pretty fast in a fight. lol So because Chris is that way now i have to go with Leon.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
From a strictly observational standpoint, I'd say Chris clearly wins if only for the fact that he seems more mentally taxed than just about anybody else in the series.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I would actually have to disagree! I think that letting things take a toll, realizing it and then bounding back better than ever is much more badass than simply bounding continuously. I know I've personally done some of my best, clearest, most important thinking on some of my absolute worst days, and I also know those days made me a better person on the whole than I would have been. That's what it looks like is happening with Chris. His problems show that even he is just a human and, for my money, there's no better hero than a flawed one.That's why I'll always be on the Batman side of the Batman/Superman debate. ;)

This doesn't necessarily mean I have it out for Leon, mind you, I just think that Chris is more my kind of badass.

Lonesurvivor2127

I would actually have to disagree! I think that letting things take a toll, realizing it and then bounding back better than ever is much more badass than simply bounding continuously. I know I've personally done some of my best, clearest, most important thinking on some of my absolute worst days, and I also know those days made me a better person on the whole than I would have been. That's what it looks like is happening with Chris. His problems show that even he is just a human and, for my money, there's no better hero than a flawed one.That's why I'll always be on the Batman side of the Batman/Superman debate. ;)

This doesn't necessarily mean I have it out for Leon, mind you, I just think that Chris is more my kind of badass.

Batman is always more bad ass then Superman. lol

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Chris is stronger and more seasoned in batte but he doesn't have more training in combat. lol I would say he has more combat experience but they have the same amount of appearances. And With Chris being out of action Leon could have passed him. who knows. If we were talking about the beginning of the series then yea It would def be Chris.Chris had air force training and was a great shot from shooting before joining. When he joined S.T.A.R.S he pretty much was just SWAT +. Leon was highest in his academy and was also a very good shooter. However Leon went became a Special Agent. Basicly American James Bond. lol Chris formed the BSAA and recieved more training but basicly was just a grunt. Leon was trained for six years to basicly be a man fighting machine. He's higher ranked then secret service and Black Ops. Leon has more combat training basicly.

In a fight you want to be calm and collected tho. Being Stronger is a great plus in a fight but if your not thinking clearly and just atttacking. You be put down pretty fast in a fight. lol So because Chris is that way now i have to go with Leon.
What? Chris did not form the BSAA. The Global Pharmaceutical Consortium did, AKA the Government. Chris is in SOA, Special Operations Agent, as well as SOU, Special Operations Unit force. And then he joined the BSAA, Bioterrorism Security Asssement Alliance. How does that seem like grunt work to you? Leon was a rookie cop on his first day at R.P.D, and then became an American agent for the Division of Security Operations. One less title than Chris has. These statements your claiming that he is higher ranked than Chris are not true.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
the winner is ultimately going to come to the fact that chris has been training longer then leon has and chris is just a better fighter then leon. Although leon is more of the type of person to think about the situation and is more likely to use his surondings to his advantage. also we dont know what each person went through before there confrontation with each other so we dont know if both of them are at 100 % and able to fight to their fullest potential

my vote is a tie

Lonesurvivor2127

What? Chris did not form the BSAA. The Global Pharmaceutical Consortium did, AKA the Government. Chris is in SOA, Special Operations Agent, as well as SOU, Special Operations Unit force. And then he joined the BSAA, Bioterrorism Security Asssement Alliance. How does that seem like grunt work to you? Leon was a rookie cop on his first day at R.P.D, and then became an American agent for the Division of Security Operations. One less title than Chris has. These statements your claiming that he is higher ranked than Chris are not true.

It's was suppose to say founded not formed. lol Did you play RE5? Because he's a grunt in the game Chris even says it himself " You ever get the feeling that your expendable.? " Special Operation Unit is the miltary force of the BSAA. It's the soliders. It's basic fighting force. The only thing special about his rank is that his a Special Operations Agent which is part of BSAA and it's undercover infiltration. Basicly get the information and back up the alpha team if possible get the main target. His rank is that of a uncover agent.Leon is black ops special agent basicly james bond. lol RE6 Leon was a Special Agent sent to do Top secret missons all over the world basicly in this universe. The New DSO is the sword of the President. They have the highest rank in the USA government and are his shadow force. The BSAA answers to the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium which answers to the US government.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries

LOL what? It is FACT that Chris has had more training and experience than Leon. While Leon was training to become a cop, Chris was already apart of S.T.A.R.S, and don’t forget his military background before that. You also say Chris was out of action, when? I certainly hope you’re not talking about those 6 months of Amnesia during this game. As you can see, he is “there” physically but not mentally (this is questionable) so Leon surpassing him in skills in six months Is out of the question. You also talk about Leon being high in his academy and being a great shooter, Chris was described as being an elite marksmen meaning he can work with any gun he gets his hands on, he won many of marksman competitions. As a matter of fact, that was only ONE of his many skills that caught the eye of S.T.A.R.S. Captain Wesker and that’s how he got his position on the team. He was also qualified to pilot S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team if the need arose due to his previous experience as a pilot in the air force. Also you point out Leon being a US super agent when the BSAA was requested by the US government but also backed by the United Nations and Chris Redfield is a Special Operations Agent (SOA) and now the captain of a Special Operations Unit (SOU).

To answer Op’s question, I think that Chris would dominate Leon in a close quarter fight. Leon is slightly faster than Chris but Chris can take a lot of damage and has a lot of endurance (judging from who they’ve fought during the years). Leon will need to be able to move quickly because if he makes the slightest mistake he is done for. My theory is that it will be a tie in RE6 because the fans would go crazy if their favorite doesn’t win.

tharsheblows

It's was suppose to say founded not formed. lol Did you play RE5? Because he's a grunt in the game Chris even says it himself " You ever get the feeling that your expendable.? " Special Operation Unit is the miltary force of the BSAA. It's the soliders. It's basic fighting force. The only thing special about his rank is that his a Special Operations Agent which is part of BSAA and it's undercover infiltration. Basicly get the information and back up the alpha team if possible get the main target. His rank is that of a uncover agent.Leon is black ops special agent basicly james bond. lol RE6 Leon was a Special Agent sent to do Top secret missons all over the world basicly in this universe. The New DSO is the sword of the President. They have the highest rank in the USA government and are his shadow force. The BSAA answers to the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium which answers to the US government.

The DSO only has the highest rank in the USA.THE DSO can only do things for the US and US only while the BSAA has jurisdiction across the globe because it is backed by the United Nations (meaning more than the USA). The North American branch of the BSAA alone can enter any part of the world and arrest people under suspicion. Leon can only deal with matters pertaining to the US and Chris can do it on a global level. The government would have to report to the BSAA since its the WORLDS biggest anti-bioterrorism organization.

Reactions: Jay

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Who exactly came up with the rumour that Chris is slow and dumb? That's what I always get to read when there's a discussion like this: "Chris is physically stronger, but Leon is faster and smarter." Says who? Does being in a muscular shape automatically make you slow? And I'm not exactly sure how a videogame character's intelligence is measured, but as a side note, Leon has fighted zombies several times in his life and still doesn't recognise an infected person when she's stumbling through the room right in front of him. (I'm talking about Lizzy or Sissy or whatever her name is.) So much for his superior intellect. I'm not saying that Chris is a genius, but that doesn't really matter anyway because when it comes to a physical fight like the one between our two heroes in the trailers, it's not brainpower that counts.

Although I acknowledge that Leon is probably more popular with fans among the two, and he certainly has his qualities, there's no doubt, not for me at least, that Chris would beat the sh!t out of him if they engaged in a serious physical fight. As for RE6, though, I don't think that will happen. Maybe the fight will be made a QTE in which the one you're playing as can accidentally kill the other (or rather be killed by him) if you don't push buttons when needed, but none of them will "win" because that's the only way to end their fight without angering fans, plus they're both on the same side.

As for the question who has been through more, I have to go with Chris too, because he's losing his soldiers and friends all the time, gets betrayed by almost everyone who survives, and constantly feels responsible for more than he can handle, while the only personal "tragedy" Leon has ever faced was being rejected by Ada (and having to shoot the president perhaps). Yet another reason why Chris would win: Someone whose life has been a mess is certainly not the most mentally stable person to deal with, but definitely more dangerous than someone with a relatively happy life. I really hope they'll make more of Leon in the game(s) to come.

Arachnid

Why anybody here thinks Chris would win against Leon in a fight is beyond me. I can't remember Chris doing anything impressive in terms of fighting skill in any of his games. Leon has more speed and intellect than Chris. That much is obvious. RE4 showed Leon to be very capable in terms of both. He figured out Ada was alive, and working for Wesker before he even ran into her in RE4, whereas Chris couldn't figure out Jill was the bird woman until Wesker just flat out told him. Wesker even called him out on being mentally slow because of that. What has Chris done to ever show himself to be smart? Chris spent the entirety of RE5 getting his butt kicked too, so there wasn't much fighting skill shown. The most impressive thing he did was punch a boulder until it moved, which is a cool strength feat. Leon outfought Ada with her abilities, and went toe to toe with Krauser in multiple confrontations (who is a whole lot stronger and faster than Chris, not to mention he has more combat experience/skill).

Krauser was born around the same time as Chris. He was a seasoned soldier of the US Army. When he wasn't doing work with the army, he worked as a skilled mercenary because he believed that combat situations and the military are what gave his life meaning. By the time Krauser first met Leon (years before RE4), Krauser was a seasoned U.S. Special Operations Command operative. Chris, on the other hand, was a pilot (not seeing much combat there) in the US Air Force for 6 years before he was kicked out without honors because he constantly got into conflict with his superiors. After getting kicked out of the USAF, Chris got excepted into the STARS police force after receiving a recommendation from Barry. The one positive thing he was known for at this point was being a good shot with a gun. A small amount of time in STARS and a short career in the AF with a non-combat job are all the 'combat experience' Chris had before RE1. Chris has never done anything to show that he's all that skilled.

In terms of who's been through more mentally, that's obviously Chris. He spent years thinking his partner was dead and was basically mindf*cked by Wesker in that regard. Ada is going to wipe out his entire squad in RE6. He spent all of RE5 being al angsty, and will probably do the same all RE6.

Leon, on the other hand, is a character who always succeeds and gets his way in the end. He never really fails, and always seems to find a way while getting the girl. RE4 basically made him James Bond. Chris has a bit more combat experience, but Leons training was more intense and in-depth. In the span of 6 years, he went from day 1 rookie (but genius academy rookie, who was also known for being an excellent marksmen) to 007 working for the President. Next thing you know, he's flipping through lasers and getting into confrontations with trained mercenaries/spy's. There is no doubt Leon has more skill, smarts, and speed/agility than Chris. He's also a whole lot more collected/in control which always works to his favor.

Leon did more with less resources too. He fought and killed Del Lago with a wooden motor boat and some hand-thrown harpoons. He fought multiple El Gigantes with nothing but his own fire arms. Chris had Sheva with him, and both of them were using mounted 50 cals on their 1 sea monster/giant ogre. Everything points to Leon completely destroying Chris in a fight.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why anybody here thinks Chris would win against Leon in a fight is beyond me. I can't remember Chris doing anything impressive in terms of fighting skill in any of his games. Leon has more speed and intellect than Chris. That much is obvious. RE4 showed Leon to be very capable in terms of both. He figured out Ada was alive, and working for Wesker before he even ran into her in RE4, whereas Chris couldn't figure out Jill was the bird woman until Wesker just flat out told him. Wesker even called him out on being mentally slow because of that. What has Chris done to ever show himself to be smart? Chris spent the entirety of RE5 getting his butt kicked too, so there wasn't much fighting skill shown. The most impressive thing he did was punch a boulder until it moved, which is a cool strength feat. Leon outfought Ada with her abilities, and went toe to toe with Krauser in multiple confrontations (who is a whole lot stronger and faster than Chris, not to mention he has more combat experience/skill).

Krauser was born around the same time as Chris. He was a seasoned soldier of the US Army. When he wasn't doing work with the army, he worked as a skilled mercenary because he believed that combat situations and the military are what gave his life meaning. By the time Krauser first met Leon (years before RE4), Krauser was a seasoned U.S. Special Operations Command operative. Chris, on the other hand, was a pilot (not seeing much combat there) in the US Air Force for 6 years before he was kicked out without honors because he constantly got into conflict with his superiors. After getting kicked out of the USAF, Chris got excepted into the STARS police force after receiving a recommendation from Barry. The one positive thing he was known for at this point was being a good shot with a gun. A small amount of time in STARS and a short career in the AF with a non-combat job are all the 'combat experience' Chris had before RE1. Chris has never done anything to show that he's all that skilled.

In terms of who's been through more mentally, that's obviously Chris. He spent years thinking his partner was dead and was basically mindf*cked by Wesker in that regard. Ada is going to wipe out his entire squad in RE6. He spent all of RE5 being al angsty, and will probably do the same all RE6.

Leon, on the other hand, is a character who always succeeds and gets his way in the end. He never really fails, and always seems to find a way while getting the girl. RE4 basically made him James Bond. Chris has a bit more combat experience, but Leons training was more intense and in-depth. In the span of 6 years, he went from day 1 rookie (but genius academy rookie, who was also known for being an excellent marksmen) to 007 working for the President. Next thing you know, he's flipping through lasers and getting into confrontations with trained mercenaries/spy's. There is no doubt Leon has more skill, smarts, and speed/agility than Chris. He's also a whole lot more collected/in control which always works to his favor.

Leon did more with less resources too. He fought and killed Del Lago with a wooden motor boat and some hand-thrown harpoons. He fought multiple El Gigantes with nothing but his own fire arms. Chris had Sheva with him, and both of them were using mounted 50 cals on their 1 sea monster/giant ogre. Everything points to Leon completely destroying Chris in a fight.
Helluva first post my friend...And you're 100 percent correct...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
What has Chris done to ever show himself to be smart?

Nothing. But unless Leon found out about Ada in another way than simply being told by Hunnigan or anyone else, I don't remember seeing much of his cleverness either. (I have to admit I don't know; it's been a while since I played RE4.)

Chris spent the entirety of RE5 getting his butt kicked too, so there wasn't much fighting skill shown.

And you think Leon would have done any better in a fight against superhuman Matrix Wesker and Jill with her enhanced abilities? I don't remember anyone else kicking Chris's butt in RE5.

The most impressive thing he did was punch a boulder until it moved, which is a cool strength feat.

Now just imagine what such strength could do to Leon's head and you might understand where I'm coming from.

The one positive thing he was known for at this point was being a good shot with a gun. A small amount of time in STARS and a short career in the AF with a non-combat job are all the 'combat experience' Chris had before RE1. Chris has never done anything to show that he's all that skilled.

Maybe he hasn't shown it in a way that you would believe it, but isn't S.T.A.R.S. an elite unit? I think it takes more than just good relationships to get in. And don't forget that by now, Chris has been fighting bioterrorism with the BSAA for ten years or something, and in his profile it says that he was allowed to join Sheva in Africa because his presence often leads to success. I don't know what exactly Leon does while he's not fighting zombies, but I get the impression that he's more like the president's watchdog who only gets into trouble when something serious comes up, like Ashley being abducted by crazy Spaniards, while Chris faces death every day, and therefore fights every day.

Leon, on the other hand, is a character who always succeeds and gets his way in the end. He never really fails.

Well, I've already stated my opinion on such Mary Sue characters in another thread, but as a side note, one reason why Leon never fails is that Ada saves his ass quite often, and there's no denying that.

Next thing you know, he's flipping through lasers.

Chris does the same, see Umbrella Chronicles, which proves he's neither slow nor immobile.

Leon did more with less resources too. He fought and killed Del Lago with a wooden motor boat and some hand-thrown harpoons. He fought multiple El Gigantes with nothing but his own fire arms. Chris had Sheva with him, and both of them were using mounted 50 cals on their 1 sea monster/giant ogre.

You're not really blaming Chris for having Sheva with him while Leon does everything alone, are you? Well, I assure you it would have been the same with Leon if RE4 had been designed as a co-op game. And in RE6, Leon will have Helena with him... then what? The argument becomes invalid? Of course you could argue that Leon only has Helena while Chris has Piers and a bunch of other soldiers as well, but look at what Leon is fighting and look at what Chris is fighting so far. Measuring a videogame character's skill based on whether or not his game is co-op is quite unfair, and it certainly doesn't give anything in evidence about how a fight between the two of them would turn out.

Everything points to Leon completely destroying Chris in a fight.

... Not really, it seems.

tharsheblows

Why anybody here thinks Chris would win against Leon in a fight is beyond me. I can't remember Chris doing anything impressive in terms of fighting skill in any of his games. Leon has more speed and intellect than Chris. That much is obvious. RE4 showed Leon to be very capable in terms of both. He figured out Ada was alive, and working for Wesker before he even ran into her in RE4

He didn't figure out Ada was alive because he already KNEW she was alive because he saw her drop the rocket launcher at the end of RE2 and heard a RUMOR that she was working for Wesker's organization based on the ACTUAL Japanese script. Why did you think he wasn't surprised when he saw her and immediately begin to question her? It had nothing to do with intellect at all but common sense. It was all due to bad localization of the English version of re4 because they didnt state anything on him knowing that Ada was alive at all and you would only know she was actually alive before the events of re4 is if you played the japanese version of re4 or you've read about it somewhere on the internet from someone who took the time to translate the origanal Japanese files and this has been confirmed by Capcom themselves.

whereas Chris couldn't figure out Jill was the bird woman until Wesker just flat out told him. Wesker even called him out on being mentally slow because of that.

Chris couldnt recognize Jill because she had a bird mask on her face wearing a coat that covered her head and body and acting way out of character than the Jill he knew 5 years ago when she fell out of the window saving his life.

What has Chris done to ever show himself to be smart? Chris spent the entirety of RE5 getting his butt kicked too, so there wasn't much fighting skill shown. The most impressive thing he did was punch a boulder until it moved, which is a cool strength feat. Leon outfought Ada with her abilities, and went toe to toe with Krauser in multiple confrontations (who is a whole lot stronger and faster than Chris, not to mention he has more combat experience/skill).

Chris went against the most powerful antagonist of the series(whom Leon never faced), Albert Wesker, on multiple occasions and defeated him (who is a whole lot faster and stronger than KRAUSER, not to mention more experience,skill, and lol @ you saying he got his ass kicked in re5 when superhuman Wesker wouldve clearly owned Leon's ass too if he ever stepped to him. Wesker could've easily killed every RE character but he never saw them as a threat until it was too late.

He was expelled from the Air force because he didn't agree with his superiors because he placed human life on a greater priority than following orders (which Leon does all the time and you cant even deny it, hell look up what he does in RE6 and Damnation, he's still doing this today and its a good thing) which is not always the military mindset as you must obey orders no matter if you agree w/ it or not and he was also EXPELLED ON GOOD TERMS.

Leon, on the other hand, is a character who always succeeds and gets his way in the end. He never really fails

Leon never failed because he always had help in all of his situatuions like any other character, mainly by Ada who saved him numerous times over the years as much as he saved her. He didn't accomplish any of his missions that we know of by himself.

Chris has a bit more combat experience, but Leons training was more intense and in-depth. In the span of 6 years, he went from day 1 rookie (but genius academy rookie, who was also known for being an excellent marksmen) to 007 working for the President. Next thing you know, he's flipping through lasers and getting into confrontations with trained mercenaries/spy's. There is no doubt Leon has more skill, smarts, and speed/agility than Chris.

Leon wasn't known as an expert marksmen as a rookie cop but "knew his way around a gun" as they stated. Yet Chris was already an expert marksmen with awards to prove it. Chris already was working on taking down Umbrella while Leon was becoming an Agent and hes also flipped through lasers which shows he's very agile as well. Even with his bigger frame in RE5 you can clearly see that he isnt slow at all with all of his fighting scenes with Wesker and him running after the aircraft carrier and you haven't given an legit example of how Chris is smarter than Leon.

Leon did more with less resources too. He fought and killed Del Lago with a wooden motor boat and some hand-thrown harpoons. He fought multiple El Gigantes with nothing but his own fire arms. Chris had Sheva with him, and both of them were using mounted 50 cals on their 1 sea monster/giant ogre.

Everything that Hel said, couldn't have said it better.[/quote][/quote]

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You guys keeping bringing up what Chris did in the Umbrella Chronicles, but it seems you're avoiding what Leon does in thte Darkside Chronicles...Leon's intellect really shows in that came, as well as his knowledge on B.O.W.'s. Leon was able to face what is the BIGGEST B.O.W. to date, being the mutated form of Javier, and also fought the creature that was Manuella's mother...All the while they were constantly defending Manuella...Note that Leon accomplished ALL of this and had only been working for the government for around four years at this point. One year BEFORE Chris and Jill took on Umbrella in Russia...Now, if you put T.A.L.O.S. up against the mutated Javier, I think it's clear and easy to say that Javier would win...Well, Chris and Jill couldn't even beat T.A.L.O.S. alone...They needed Wesker's help from the sidelines...So that right there just proves that Leon's skill is at LEAST on par with Chris', if not BETTER...Leon had had less experience at this point, yet took on the more difficult mission. On top of that HIS partner had NEVER encountered B.O.W.'s before, so it was up to Leon to make up for the lack of experience that was shared by both Chris AND Jill, both who had experience fighting B.O.W.'s in the past.

Top Bottom