• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 leon vs chris??

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You guys keeping bringing up what Chris did in the Umbrella Chronicles, but it seems you're avoiding what Leon does in thte Darkside Chronicles...

Because it's your job to bring up Leon's great deeds, we only support Chris! :p

No, but seriously: Does "biggest" equal "most dangerous"? If so, then we can end this discussion right away because Chris is bigger than Leon, case closed. But I watched the Javier boss on YouTube a while ago, and yes, that BOW is big, but... well... correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the impression that it doesn't really do anything. Just like all those very, very big nightmares in the RE universe, it attacks once and then leaves you a minute or so to shoot it until it attacks again. If those big monsters did make use of their full potential, Javier would have crushed Leon in two seconds, Nemesis would have impaled Jill's face the first time they met, Claire would have been eaten by Birkin's fourth or fifth form (if an ordinary student like her could even make it that far) and Alexia would have destroyed Chris effortlessly... Talking about Alexia, that was definitely the most horrible boss I ever had to face - and who finished her?

Chris and Jill couldn't even beat T.A.L.O.S. alone...They needed Wesker's help from the sidelines...

Didn't Manuela help Leon and Krauser too by providing her magic boiling blood?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Leon is weak or useless or anything... I really would prefer to have him on my side rather than against me if he was real... But I still think that if I ended up on the wrong side of the force with Chris coming at me, I would be more afraid of him than of Leon... Of course this is just a thought experiment anyway, because I'm the goddess of death and don't have to fear anyone, but... you know.

slack

We've seen what Chris can do to a boulder, imagine what he can do to Leon's testicles.

But in all seriousness, Chris would win. Leon is more agile, but the second Chris has a grasp on him the weight and muscle mass difference is going to give him the advantage. If anyone is a MMA fan I think this fight is comparable to Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar.... the rematch, when Lesnar wasn't screwing around and he just went for the win by any means necessary

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Chris's big steroid muscles don't mean jack if he can't catch someone as agile and highly skilled as Leon.

And even if he could, I'm pretty sure Leon's training and his feats in RE4 have shown that he can easily think of a way to counter a bigger and more powerful foe.

Leon takes this IMO due to having more proficient training to deal with someone like Chris and also being more agile.

Last I seen Chris do anything agile was back in Umbrella chronicles when he dodged those lasers.

He is a lot bigger now and if you ask me that mass may restrict in a match against someone as highly skilled and resourceful as Leon.

Lonesurvivor2127

LOL what? It is FACT that Chris has had more training and experience than Leon. While Leon was training to become a cop, Chris was already apart of S.T.A.R.S, and don’t forget his military background before that. You also say Chris was out of action, when? I certainly hope you’re not talking about those 6 months of Amnesia during this game. As you can see, he is “there” physically but not mentally (this is questionable) so Leon surpassing him in skills in six months Is out of the question. You also talk about Leon being high in his academy and being a great shooter, Chris was described as being an elite marksmen meaning he can work with any gun he gets his hands on, he won many of marksman competitions. As a matter of fact, that was only ONE of his many skills that caught the eye of S.T.A.R.S. Captain Wesker and that’s how he got his position on the team. He was also qualified to pilot S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team if the need arose due to his previous experience as a pilot in the air force. Also you point out Leon being a US super agent when the BSAA was requested by the US government but also backed by the United Nations and Chris Redfield is a Special Operations Agent (SOA) and now the captain of a Special Operations Unit (SOU).

To answer Op’s question, I think that Chris would dominate Leon in a close quarter fight. Leon is slightly faster than Chris but Chris can take a lot of damage and has a lot of endurance (judging from who they’ve fought during the years). Leon will need to be able to move quickly because if he makes the slightest mistake he is done for. My theory is that it will be a tie in RE6 because the fans would go crazy if their favorite doesn’t win.

Yes we all know about Chris' military background and his S.T.A.R.S achievements before 2003 are great but afterwards he learns very little. All his great achievements a happen before the BSAA is even formed.The SOU ( Special Operations unit) is the standard military branch of the BSAA. They are taught how to kill B.O.W s and clear up biohazards areas. Basicly Military search, kill, and secure. Chris already knew how to kill the B.O.W.s He was one of the first to ever face them and live.Being in the air force he would have basic knowledge of military tactics. So very little knowledge is increased during this time. Chris and Jill are SOA ( Special Operations agents) which are are special agents that are two man groups that infiltrate area to find data and arrest suspects. Chris is actually more like a spy here. Get the info and guy they need then get out. His skills during this period does not increase much because of his prior experiences. Chris being giving a "Promoting" to being a Captain of a troop. Seems more like a demoting.

Leon's skills doubled to match that of Chris' in 4-6 years. Leon had been trained to be the best fighter and agent he could be. We have never seen Chris fight hand to hand other the Wesker. So far he sucks in hand to hand combat. I should have worded it better. Leon is a more skilled because his training was better. He recieved more combat training to rival that of Chris' in far less time and kept improving his skills. Chris and Leon are both expect shots and in a shooting contest it would be pretty close if not a tie. Hand to hand Chris is got strength but all we've even seen is street brawler . But Leon has shown to be a calm solid fighter and quick on his feet. Leon is also a great knive thrower and fighter. Chris may have more experience but Leon's skills are definiteily better. Dealing with rank on who is higher all you really have watch are the trailers. Leon is pulling rank when confronting Chris, by telling him to stand down. Chris in the scene isn't trying to pull rank because he not as high As Leon plain and simple.

Arachnid

Ada. I think she's the most skilled woman we know in the RE universe.
I want to agree with this, but I'm not too sure. This one isn't as clear cut for me as Leon vs Chris. Seeing Jill destroy Chris and Sheva in hand to hand at the same time was damn impressive. Then again, those two also had Wesker there to worry about. Ada beat Krauser with his powers, which counts for a lot though. At the same time, she got handled by Leon within five seconds of meeting him. She's not very consistent, which is weird. I'm honestly stumped for this one. Maybe we'll get more feats for her in RE6, but so far, I think I'd go with Jill.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Some more ideas:

Billy vs. Carlos
Steve vs. Ashley
Claire vs. Rebecca
Leon vs. Jake
Sherry vs. Helena
Ada vs. Wesker

Remember: No firearms, no knives, no other tools except the body. Let the fun begin! :D

JeffreyScott13

I want to agree with this, but I'm not too sure. This one isn't as clear cut for me as Leon vs Chris. Seeing Jill destroy Chris and Sheva in hand to hand at the same time was damn impressive. Then again, those two also had Wesker there to worry about. Ada beat Krauser with his powers, which counts for a lot though. At the same time, she got handled by Leon within five seconds of meeting him. She's not very consistent, which is weird. I'm honestly stumped for this one. Maybe we'll get more feats for her in RE6, but so far, I think I'd go with Jill.

Hmm Ada just let her guard down for Leon. As much as she seems to use him she has feelings for him. I honestly think Ada may be "Alex Wesker" something I saw under Alex Wesker on Resident Evil Wiki was a comment by Spencer's view and words,"so adept at absorbing the talents of others simply by observing them." I mean Ada does a lot of observing, and that's how she is able to outwit everyone else.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Chris is definettly stronger but have you seen the steroids he takes?!

But Leon gets the vote as most bad ass.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hmm Ada just let her guard down for Leon. As much as she seems to use him she has feelings for him. I honestly think Ada may be "Alex Wesker" something I saw under Alex Wesker on Resident Evil Wiki was a comment by Spencer's view and words,"so adept at absorbing the talents of others simply by observing them." I mean Ada does a lot of observing, and that's how she is able to outwit everyone else.
Alex Wesker is a man though...We've seen Ada's short skirts...She's DEFINITELY not a man...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Some more ideas:

Billy vs. Carlos
Steve vs. Ashley
Claire vs. Rebecca
Leon vs. Jake
Sherry vs. Helena
Ada vs. Wesker

Remember: No firearms, no knives, no other tools except the body. Let the fun begin! :D
Billy vs. Carlos = Carlos
Steve vs. Ashley- Steve
Claire vs. Rebecca- Claire
Leon vs. Jake - undetermined because we have not FULLY seen Jake in action...
Sherry vs. Helena- Read above comment
Ada vs. Wesker- Ada

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Some more ideas:

Billy vs. Carlos
Steve vs. Ashley
Claire vs. Rebecca
Leon vs. Jake
Sherry vs. Helena
Ada vs. Wesker

Billy vs. Carlos. Carlos
Steve Vs. Ashley. Steve (Only because Steve can go tyrannt on her ass)
Claire Vs. Rebecca. hmmm this is tough.... I honestly think Claire is trained more.
Leon Vs. Jake. Jake (Come on it took three games to kill wesker.)
Sherry Vs. Helena. not sure.
Ada vs Wesker. Wesker

Sean

Well, Im new on this site (sort of) but honestly... I would have to go with Leon. He is much faster, much more agile, and way more flexible. Dont get me wrong though, Chris is a badass but hes just to slow and bulky to face Leon. Now if it came down to a firefight, all of my money would be on Chris, I mean obviously hes better in that department play re2 and go into the S.T.A.R.S office and it tells you there, and lets face it, if Chris got one good face shot in Leon would probably go down ( but that is so, so, so, SO, unlikely) But overall, Leon is the better survivor, more cool under pressure, and so much smarter its not even funny. Plus lets face it, hes got so many chicks wanting him he could just use them as shields.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Well, Im new on this site (sort of) but honestly... I would have to go with Leon. He is much faster, much more agile, and way more flexible. Dont get me wrong though, Chris is a badass but hes just to slow and bulky to face Leon. Now if it came down to a firefight, all of my money would be on Chris, I mean obviously hes better in that department play re2 and go into the S.T.A.R.S office and it tells you there, and lets face it, if Chris got one good face shot in Leon would probably go down ( but that is so, so, so, SO, unlikely) But overall, Leon is the better survivor, more cool under pressure, and so much smarter its not even funny. Plus lets face it, hes got so many chicks wanting him he could just use them as shields.
The best part of this entire post lolz.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
You guys keeping bringing up what Chris did in the Umbrella Chronicles, but it seems you're avoiding what Leon does in the Darkside Chronicles

No one avoided anything in darkside chronicles as it didn’t have anything to do with my responses in supporting Chris having more experience.

Leon's intellect really shows in that came, as well as his knowledge on B.O.W.'s. Leon was able to face what is the BIGGEST B.O.W. to date

Chris could've easily done the same thing as well as he is also knowledgeable on BOWS and the Malacoda that Chris and Jill fights in RE: Revelations is the biggest BOW to date so far.

Note that Leon accomplished ALL of this and had only been working for the government for around four years at this point. One year BEFORE Chris and Jill took on Umbrella in Russia.

Why does it matter that this happened a year before Umbrella's takedown? Chris and Jill still had way more experience with tougher BOWS before Operation Javier, some examples? Nemesis, Wesker, and Alexia (I'd say she is more powerful than Wesker in Code Veronica as she had to be killed with a special weapon). Also, you pointing this out only shows how much more important that Umbrella mission was to the series. The company that was, and still is responsible for all of the major BIOTERRORISM in the series.

...Well, Chris and Jill couldn't even beat T.A.L.O.S. alone...They needed Wesker's help from the sidelines...

And Leon couldn’t beat transformed Javier alone, he needed Krauser and Manuela’s magic blood to defeat Javier.

So that right there just proves that Leon's skill is at LEAST on par with Chris', if not BETTER..

Who in this thread denied that Leon’s skills were at least on Par with Chris’s? We only stated that Chris has the MOST EXPERIENCE between the two providing evidence and this is fact,and it most certainly doesn’t prove that his skills are not better than Chris’s .

Top Bottom