• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Would you support a full remake of the game? Or are you content with the perfection on the N64? Sorry to say I never beat the game. I was playing at the same time as one of my roommates and he beat it first despite me starting a week earlier (he didn't have a job) and I just lost my appetite to play. I still would love to try it out though and finish it!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Would you support a full remake of the game? Or are you content with the perfection on the N64? Sorry to say I never beat the game. I was playing at the same time as one of my roommates and he beat it first despite me starting a week earlier (he didn't have a job) and I just lost my appetite to play. I still would love to try it out though and finish it!

Well... I would say I would definitely support a full remaster, kind of like the fanmade Unity project or even something like the 3DS modelling but on a larger scale. Remake? Im not sure to be honest. I think the original story is very good. That being said, I am also open to the idea of maybe making dungeons longer. If my only option was a remake, I would definitely buy it and play it, but ideally I think I would be perfectly happy with a remaster.

TL;DR - I'm open to a remake but would prefer a good remaster.

Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
As amazing the original still is, it's a blessing they decided to modernize the first games without cutting anything out and staying true to it's original. In some ways a little too similar while this is a better remake in my opinion than RE2 remake & RE3 remake

9/10

Fighting Force (PS1)
I've had both Fighting Force 1 and 2 in my collection for years and decided to try the first one since I was in a beat em up mood. Played through the entire thing so thankfully it wasn't too challenging. It was very enjoyable and there are different paths to take. A 2 player mode that I will check out later this week with a friend. Nothing spectacular, the best 3D beat em up still goes to the Saturn exclusive 'Die Hard Arcade'

6.5/10

Last edited:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Recently beat Undertale Pacifist again. Still one of the best narrative focused games I've ever played. I can't think of any other game that makes you care about its characters the way Undertale does. 9/10 (loses a point because I am bad at video games and can't beat sans in the Genocide run no matter how many times I try)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well... I would say I would definitely support a full remaster, kind of like the fanmade Unity project or even something like the 3DS modelling but on a larger scale. Remake? Im not sure to be honest. I think the original story is very good. That being said, I am also open to the idea of maybe making dungeons longer. If my only option was a remake, I would definitely buy it and play it, but ideally I think I would be perfectly happy with a remaster.

TL;DR - I'm open to a remake but would prefer a good remaster.

I think that is a good way to put it. Why mess with perfection when you can just update it? I am sure Nintendo will eventually do a full scale remake at some point since they have been updating and adding to older Zelda games now. And why not recreate magic with a game to be considered the GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME by a lot of Game Historians. I feel like the remake concept is just too broad. Sometimes, you get a remake with one to one updates with modernized graphics and SOME edits like updated controls schemes or added secrets. But sometimes, you get a full reimagining which is what the Resident Evil series has been doing to... mixed results. haha. Interesting.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I think that is a good way to put it. Why mess with perfection when you can just update it? I am sure Nintendo will eventually do a full scale remake at some point since they have been updating and adding to older Zelda games now. And why not recreate magic with a game to be considered the GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME by a lot of Game Historians. I feel like the remake concept is just too broad. Sometimes, you get a remake with one to one updates with modernized graphics and SOME edits like updated controls schemes or added secrets. But sometimes, you get a full reimagining which is what the Resident Evil series has been doing to... mixed results. haha. Interesting.

My thing is I REALLY don't want it remade with the art style that A Link to the Past was done. I don't like that style so much and I really did like the Ocarina of Time style. And it looks good in Unity, so half the work is already done for them lol.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I went on a zelda binge,

Twilight Princess
The game's story is still as engaging as I remember, dungeons are great, music is hands down the best in the franchise.
I eat up everything the game just has to offer.

10/10

Wind Waker

I really like Wind Waker's story. It's a lot more nuanced than you expect.
Traveling the world is still a chore and cell-shaded art style is still not my favorite thing so it takes me a little longer than I'd like to get through the game. But it's still a fun time. I still really like how sad it makes me recognizing what seems like the remains of a few places that I remember from past games.

8/10

Ocarina of Time 3D

Ocarina is definitely my least favorite of the 3D titles. Even with the remake I still like it the least. But I can still pop it in here and there and enjoy it, The final boss though does still feel as magical as the first go around.

7/10

Majora's Mask N64
I just love this game as much as TP. There's an actual threat of urgency, the music is great, the characterization to differ ever so slightly from their counterparts from OoT so much to make them stand out.

9/10

Man. I just love the series.

Turo602

The King of Kings
While the Unity remake looks amazing, I think it looks a little too overdone for my tastes. It looks more like Final Fantasy than Ocarina of Time in my opinion. The designs are fantastic, but I think the lighting, particle effects, and coloring look a little too realistic. Honestly, I would be fine if they just found a way to enhance and upscale the 3DS version in HD. I think they really captured the game's art style very well there and it's kind of a shame the only way to play it is on 3DS. Hopefully the rumors of a Zelda 35th Anniversary Collection are true.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I can totally agree with everything you said, Turo. I do like the 3DS model more than the Unity model and would be perfectly happy with an upscaling of that.

Mr.R

Sometimes I even feel bad about it, but for the life of me I can't get into the Zelda games as a whole. I tried different titles but they never engaged me enough for it. I can't get invested in its world and its characters. Not saying they're bad, they're really not. It's just really personal. The most I enjoyed of one was Minish Cap and the port of Link to the Past, both for the GBA (but even so, not so much).

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
I went on a zelda binge,

Twilight Princess
The game's story is still as engaging as I remember, dungeons are great, music is hands down the best in the franchise.
I eat up everything the game just has to offer.

10/10

Wind Waker
I really like Wind Waker's story. It's a lot more nuanced than you expect.
Traveling the world is still a chore and cell-shaded art style is still not my favorite thing so it takes me a little longer than I'd like to get through the game. But it's still a fun time. I still really like how sad it makes me recognizing what seems like the remains of a few places that I remember from past games.

8/10

Ocarina of Time 3D
Ocarina is definitely my least favorite of the 3D titles. Even with the remake I still like it the least. But I can still pop it in here and there and enjoy it, The final boss though does still feel as magical as the first go around.

7/10

Majora's Mask N64
I just love this game as much as TP. There's an actual threat of urgency, the music is great, the characterization to differ ever so slightly from their counterparts from OoT so much to make them stand out.

9/10

Man. I just love the series.

I actually went on a bit of a Zelda binge myself sometime from mid 2019 to early 2020. I don't get to replay the Zelda games too often, so it was great being able to replay Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Breath of the Wild for the first time since I originally beat them, which ranges from over a decade ago to damn near a decade. Breath of the Wild probably takes the cake for least amount of time between a replay though. I also got to play Link's Awakening on Switch, and to be quite honest, I kind of miss just jumping from Zelda game to Zelda game. It wasn't even all that long ago, yet somehow I feel nostalgic for that time.

But what I really appreciated the most about playing all those games back to back was the amount of connections I was making after years and years of timeline speculation and now living in a post Hyrule Historia world. So many things between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess just straight up mirrored each other and really did feel like they were both happening in an alternate future of Ocarina of Time. From locations to characters and even dialogue. It's hard to believe it was never intended to be interpreted that way looking back on it and experiencing it first hand again.

I feel like I even figured out the purpose of Groose in Skyward Sword, who always felt like a mystery because he's such an important character who is given an arc and yet the only connection I've ever seen people make about his character is that he looks Gerudo. But playing it now with much clearer context of the series, it seems rather obvious he's Gonzo's ancestor from Wind Waker and his arc pretty much establishes him as a knight of the royal family, and one who in particular, has affection for Zelda, which even comes back in Breath of the Wild.

On the surface, Zelda games appear to be nothing more than variations of the same story, themes, and characters like most Nintendo franchises, and while that may have been true at one point in time for the series, I think it's very clear that post Ocarina of Time, Nintendo has made quite the effort to enrich the series through subtext, while still staying true to their game development philosophies and priorities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jen

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I actually went on a bit of a Zelda binge myself sometime from mid 2019 to early 2020. I don't get to replay the Zelda games too often, so it was great being able to replay Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Breath of the Wild for the first time since I originally beat them, which ranges from over a decade ago to damn near a decade. Breath of the Wild probably takes the cake for least amount of time between a replay though. I also got to play Link's Awakening on Switch, and to be quite honest, I kind of miss just jumping from Zelda game to Zelda game. It wasn't even all that long ago, yet somehow I feel nostalgic for that time.

But what I really appreciated the most about playing all those games back to back was the amount of connections I was making after years and years of timeline speculation and now living in a post Hryule Historia world. So many things between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess just straight up mirrored each other and really did feel like they were both happening in an alternate future of Ocarina of Time. From locations to characters and even dialogue. It's hard to believe it was never intended to be interpreted that way looking back on it and experiencing it first hand again.

I feel like I even figured out the purpose of Groose in Skyward Sword, who always felt like a mystery because he's such an important character who is given an arc and yet the only connection I've ever seen people make about his character is that he looks Gerudo. But playing it now with much clearer context of the series, it seems rather obvious he's Gonzo's ancestor from Wind Waker and his arc pretty much establishes him as a knight of the royal family, and one who in particular, has affection for Zelda, which even comes back in Breath of the Wild.

On the surface, Zelda games appear to be nothing more than variations of the same story, themes, and characters like most Nintendo franchises, and while that may have been true at one point in time for the series, I think it's very clear that post Ocarina of Time, Nintendo has made quite the effort to enrich the series through subtext, while still staying true to their game development philosophies and priorities.

Haha yeah.
I do find myself replaying Twilight quite often though. It's a story that still to this day captivates me like no other regardless of playthrough count. And I 100% agree on the timeline shenanigans.

I remember how many years I spent absolutely tearing my hair out over how the Four Swords game work. Mainly adventures how it is 100% a downfall timeline Hyrule. But in the child timeline. Only years later did I realize they really had no choice since that game explicitly states that the original ganondorf was KILLED and a new one was born. Who then caused all the chaos of FSA. And there is only one timeline that has a Pig ganon that still is smart and cunning.
The Four Sword itself still confuses the heck out of me. But I gotta read up on that some more.

As for Groose well, he definitely resembles the Gerudo since his eyes and hair match them near 1:1.
The Gonzo interpretation is actually really cool! I actually never realized that myself.

I agree on how Nintendo has handled Zelda post. I wouldn't say Ocarina though. I would definitely say around TP is when they did because Twilight Princess is frankly, Ocarina of Time but dialed up. The Hero of Time himself actually appears and directly references events, tales, and even moves (in fact the ending blow was actually first shown as far back as that one forgotten footage of URA Zelda) then he is also expanded upon whereas before that just would be a reference at best.

While WW did it first. They went all out from TP onwards.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Haha yeah.
I do find myself replaying Twilight quite often though. It's a story that still to this day captivates me like no other regardless of playthrough count. And I 100% agree on the timeline shenanigans.

I remember how many years I spent absolutely tearing my hair out over how the Four Swords game work. Mainly adventures how it is 100% a downfall timeline Hyrule. But in the child timeline. Only years later did I realize they really had no choice since that game explicitly states that the original ganondorf was KILLED and a new one was born. Who then caused all the chaos of FSA. And there is only one timeline that has a Pig ganon that still is smart and cunning.
The Four Sword itself still confuses the heck out of me. But I gotta read up on that some more.

As for Groose well, he definitely resembles the Gerudo since his eyes and hair match them near 1:1.
The Gonzo interpretation is actually really cool! I actually never realized that myself.

I agree on how Nintendo has handled Zelda post. I wouldn't say Ocarina though. I would definitely say around TP is when they did because Twilight Princess is frankly, Ocarina of Time but dialed up. The Hero of Time himself actually appears and directly references events, tales, and even moves (in fact the ending blow was actually first shown as far back as that one forgotten footage of URA Zelda) then he is also expanded upon whereas before that just would be a reference at best.

While WW did it first. They went all out from TP onwards.

Twilight Princess was the first 3D Zelda game I owned and beat, but I haven't replayed it since I beat it in 2007 until recently and it was such a memorable experience because everything instantly came back to me. I remember adoring this game so much but replaying it now made me realize just how linear it was, which was a little unfortunate after the absolute freedom that Wind Waker allowed. While it's a pretty big gripe for me, it's probably my only gripe because everything else was so phenomenal and if I'm being honest, has yet to be outdone. The dungeons, the combat, the enemies, the items, and bosses are all just simply the best the series has to offer.

Definitely, and for a long time, that was the only connection I was able to make for Groose, but nothing in the game really gives any sort of indication that Groose is gonna start an entire race. So given the shared music between Groose and the pirates from Wind Waker, the whole Knight Academy that will one day turn into the Knights of the Royal family, the pirates being revealed to be descendants of Zelda's Knights on the stained glass in Wind Waker, Gonzo supposedly wanting to marry Tetra, and Groose finding his purpose in protecting Zelda, it seems rather obvious that he is indeed connected to Gonzo. Not to mention, that same love triangle between Zelda, Link, and some Knight is mentioned again in Breath of the Wild, with Kass revealing his teacher to be a Knight who had affection for Zelda but was jealous of the hero because Zelda had affection for him. It's Groose's story all over again.

Well, Wind Waker was really the first game to heavily acknowledge Ocarina of Time with the intro that retells the story of Ocarina of Time, The King of Red Lions stating that the Hero of Time disappeared because he went on another adventure, the visit to Hyrule, and even Ganondorf stating that Toon Link is a reincarnation of the Hero of Time. Twilight Princess on the other hand details a much different past despite still referencing Ocarina of Time as well. For example, Link is a direct descendant of the Hero of Time despite no such figure existing in Wind Waker. Fado is a sage in Wind Waker but Link's boss in Twilight Princess. It's just so interesting to think that Nintendo really did put all this extra detail in the games after Ocarina of Time, so that the series could feel like more than just a variation of the same thing to people who take the time to analyze and dig for those details that were definitely no coincidence.

I think the split timeline theory was on the nose the whole time, but when Nintendo released Hyrule Historia, I think it became obvious they were just trying to force a way for the early titles and spin-offs to have some kind of connection with the rest of the series despite it never being intended. I mean, why else would they make up a third timeline with no actual in game basis for it with all the older titles lumped into it?

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I finished The Sinking City a couple of weeks ago. It's one of the best worst games I've completed in my life. I disliked the ending because it left you feeling like nothing you did mattered. Also, there's literally no replay value.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well, Wind Waker was really the first game to heavily acknowledge Ocarina of Time with the intro that retells the story of Ocarina of Time

Normally I'd agree, but it's something nearly every single game has done. Even Skyward Sword does it and that game's the freaking start.
Specifically with the intro, I don't think it matters. Sure it's retelling OoT. But ALTTP does it, as you saud, TP does it for an even earlier period, Spirit Track does it, Phantom Hourglass does it. Both Four Swords and Minish Cap are very interesting since we don't play those Heroes ever. It's just a thing the series kinda does.

I remember adoring this game so much but replaying it now made me realize just how linear it was, which was a little unfortunate after the absolute freedom that Wind Waker allowed.

Funny how this was actually a big reason I enjoyed TP more. The sailing was a huge chore and I just didn't enjoy it that much and I absolute adored how straight forward TP was and the fact that I could just move to plot point after plot point and side quests didn't take several minutes of nothing where I put my controller down and just waited.

WW HD definitely fixed the sailing problem and is now a much more enjoyable game for me.

Definitely, and for a long time, that was the only connection I was able to make for Groose, but nothing in the game really gives any sort of indication that Groose is gonna start an entire race. So given the shared music between Groose and the pirates from Wind Waker, the whole Knight Academy that will one day turn into the Knights of the Royal family, the pirates being revealed to be descendants of Zelda's Knights on the stained glass in Wind Waker, Gonzo supposedly wanting to marry Tetra, and Groose finding his purpose in protecting Zelda, it seems rather obvious that he is indeed connected to Gonzo. Not to mention, that same love triangle between Zelda, Link, and some Knight is mentioned again in Breath of the Wild, with Kass revealing his teacher to be a Knight who had affection for Zelda but was jealous of the hero because Zelda had affection for him. It's Groose's story all over again.

I mean the idea was he just exists. Went down with Zelda and Link and just lived in the desert and had a few kids or whatever.
Particularly with Gonzo, it's a bit iffy on how he felt. Since no media or games specifies if he loved her as either a parent or romantically. But what he does mention is that he made his duty to protect the daughter of his former captain. I.E Tetra's mother.

I think the split timeline theory was on the nose the whole time, but when Nintendo released Hyrule Historia, I think it became obvious they were just trying to force a way for the early titles and spin-offs to have some kind of connection with the rest of the series despite it never being intended. I mean, why else would they make up a third timeline with no actual in game basis for it with all the older titles lumped into it?

Well, for the most part, Downfall has what? 4 games where it's all the same exact Link? ALTTP, LA, OoA/S, and ALBW.
Downfall does technically have some basis in Zelda 2 where they imply on the game over screen that Ganon returns if you die. So the idea of events on failure isn't completely out there and it also lines up design wise since if we're to believe Link is defeated in the final battle in OoT, Ganon is in his beast form and well, that's downfall's ganon so personally, downfall lines up.

Overall, I appreciate the nonsense of the timeline. Outside of BoTW.

We don't talk about BoTW.

Gears of War Ultimate (Xbox One)
Still holds up, looks great and fun gunplay. Nothing super deep and may have aged a little bit. But considering when the game came out and how fun the shooting is i'd say it's a solid game

8/10

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Bastion. I loved the gameplay, story and music. I had a lot of fun with the different weapon combinations. 9/10

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I finished the story for Minecraft Dungeons. I haven't gotten the platinum yet but it seems like it will be pretty easy to get and the game has high enough replay value to want to go for it.

I would give this game a solid 8/10. I'm not a huge fan of the original Minecraft. I get bored of it extremely quickly, probably because it's a completely blank slate and you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want, so unless I go into it with a goal in mind (I've already beat the Ender Dragon so this is no longer a goal for me.), I just get really bored.

I like the different weapons and builds you can come up with and right now I'm working on a soul build that's like a really dumbed down version of my witch doctor build from Diablo III. Did I mention this plays like Diablo? Lol. Anyways, the builds are fun, levels are cool, enemy encounters can be scary, the final boss fight was awesome. The music is ok, not as good as in Minecraft. Also some of the secret areas have super low spawn rates which is kind of irritating, but over all, a pretty solid, enjoyable game.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Death Stranding 10/10

Having just recently finished Death Stranding after 92 hours of in-game playtime (jesus christ), I find it very difficult to describe the experience using only written words.This game is so unique and far-out that any explanation or review couldn't possibly do it justice. This is the kind of game that you can only talk about with another person if they have played it all the way through as well. I understand that this will come off as a bit arrogant, and I'm also fully aware of the fact that this game has been extremely polarized across the player base. It's like, either you love it or you hate it. But its really true, and I think talking about it with someone who doesn't like it would be like talking with someone who has the complete opposite political beliefs as yourself. Yeah, it's THAT polarizing.

This game takes TIME to play. If you want to appreciate Death Stranding, you have to fully commit to its universe and story, which at times can feel painstakingly annoying - especially during the first hours. But the payoff is huge once you get into it, it sort of becomes like a second life. It should also be noted that this is the first game by Hideo Kojima that I've played, so I'm not just some biased Kojima fan. I simply genuinely fell in love with this game in just about every way possible. Everything from the world and how beautifully detailed it is, the gameplay and how your progress feels like it actually makes a difference to people, the characters and how the performances are excellent across the board (although some shine a little extra), to the the story and how it slowly but surely comes together in a profoundly emotional and poetic way.

One thing is for sure. This game was NOT made for letsplayers or streamers. Streaming this game for a live audience is the most boring thing ever, and I think this is part of the reason why so many people dislike it. When you stream a game, you want things to be happening CONSTANTLY because you want your audience to be entertained.

I, for one, am happy that I've experienced Death Stranding for myself. There's no game like it.

Top Bottom