• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Heavy Rain has the worst controls in a game I have actually beaten. Try and play that game now. It makes the beginning segments of the game HARD to do despite the fact that you're literally just waking up in your home and walking down some stairs. Quantic Dream games indeed are all about the story and not about the Gameplay. At least Detroit Become Human has some okay game play moments which shows hope for their future titles.

But yeah, Beyond Two Souls is a solid game with some overly lengthy parts. The homeless part comes to mind despite the fact that I liked the characters brought to life in that segment. And the underwater area. I am being very vague in order to keep any major plot spoilers from coming out. But I too, very much enjoyed the game!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm going to continue playing Beyond Two Souls as I want to get the platinum. And I don't want to play Heavy Rain because my husband said the same thing lol. Detroit didn't look too bad though.

And my least favorite chapter due to length and controls was the chapter where the little boy helps you.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Gauntlet: Slayer Edition - 7.5/10
It's been a while since I've completed a game, and depending on what you call "Finished," this may not even count. I finished the "Storyline" (and I'm being generous calling it as such) last night on Single Player. Now, this game is clearly made for multiplayer co-op fun, but as a Gauntlet fan, I enjoyed it as is. The game is simple, to the point, and is basically just "Hey, what if we took this arcade game from the 80's, and gave it modern graphics and gave the characters a few power ups." At some point an exec probably said, "Shouldn't we add like...ya know...a story?" And the creators were like, "Do you even 80's bro?," to which the exec replied, "I did a lot of coke in the 80's. That's why I run a company now. Carry on." And boom. We got this game. Each character plays wildly different from one another, which is great for replayability. Even though I completed it as the Elf, starting over as the Warrior, Valkyrie, or Wizard will change the game dramatically from a gameplay stand-point. Which is nice considering the game is VERY short. We're talking like...30 levels. All that can be completed in 10 minutes or less if you're good, save for maybe the last 5. All in all, if you're a fan of Dungeon Crawlers, nostalgia, simplicity in gaming, or high fantasy, you'll probably enjoy this game. I would honestly paid the full $20 they asked for on PS4. So the fact that I paid $5 on sale makes it even better. I will say it lacks the variety and story of the Gauntlet games for the Dreamcast, PS1, and PS2, but in doing so actually feels more like the truly original arcade game. All in all, I'll give it a 7.5/10.

Last edited:

Awebb

Hyrule Warriors on the Wii-U

This game is not only a good musou game, but also a very competent Zelda title. I was surprised how good and consistent the story was, considering that it's a multiverse all-stars clusterfuq.
We beat the story on normal in co-op two days. We had the Cia story DLC, the Linkle campaign is unfortunately absent on the Wii-U. We might do it again when we grab a switch soon.

There are other game modes besides the campaign, so you might squeeze a lot of time out of this game. Playing the campaign on low/normal/hard is basically just the tutorial, because the grind is real and starts after the first playthrough.

The combat system is snappy and neat. You have a normal attack and a strong attack, which can be chained together for combos (that need to be unlocked per character and weapon class). There is a special attack that consumes one skill bar and a magic "overload", that consumes the other skill bar. Replenishment for both bars has different rules. Enemies have weaknesses, that open up after certain criteria are fulfilled (e.g. the enemy did a certain move), then you'll see a popup and have a chance to stagger the enemy by filling the gauge in that popup.

The only problem with this game and probably the musou genre is, that you'll sometimes won't know what you're supposed to do, because sometimes the AI needs to do something and the event doesn't trigger, until the right player is in the right spot.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I played Detroit Become Human (which you actually can play with 1 hand I found, with my tendonitis and all lol) and it was soo good. Story was amazing, characters were amazing, controls were still meh but I'm glad they were friendly enough to allow me to play with tendonitis. I'm not sure if I like Beyond Two Souls or Detroit story better, they were both awesome in my opinion.

I would give Detroit Become Human a solid 8/10.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Detroit Become Human is SO good. Each character arc is interesting and the world is so creatively built. Plus. it looks amazing. It has the best control scheme that Quantic Dream has ever made which isn't saying much. But wow, what a story. I talked with someone on here about how the Markus' story is a little rushed, but I guess the game would be like 20 hours longer if you wanted to do it the RIGHT way. haha. It still felt good to play the character. I have to say that Kara had my favorite story line. Ranges from dramatic to horror to epic and it swims so well!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I personally thought Kara's story was the least interesting. I felt most emotionally invested in Markus but I was more intrigued by Connor.

At the end of my playthrough it was Connor that stuck with me and I found myself wishing the Kara story would just end (sorry, not sorry lol). I mean none of them were bad but the other two were so much more exciting. Starting a revolution and either fighting to stop or fighting to support that revolution are far more interesting to me than just finding ways to run away until you get to where you're going. Does that make sense?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I can agree that she has the least vested interest in the main story. But I liked Kara's story because I like to be a good Mommy. So sue me. haha.

Especially escaping from that mansion of tortured Androids. It was actually terrifying in a very real way. The Kara ending was the least effective for me, but I still liked the story the most

I liked all of the stories though, for sure. I want to go through the game again and try to make some bad decisions and see how it changes.

Awebb

Outer Wilds
It's hard to say anything about this game without spoilers. I haven't had so much fun with melancholy in years.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Finished Assassin's Creed: Unity and the Dead Kings DLC. The main game can be a glitchy mess after hours and hours of gameplay which is mostly needless padding. Treasure chests for example have a convoluted process for no other reason than to extend play time. The same can be said for the rift and co-op missions which need to be completed multiple times just for maximum rewards, which is a strange requirement that only serves to once again, increase play time.

Speaking of co-op missions, they don't even work, despite being the main selling point of the game. I managed to play 1 co-op mission with my brother through sheer luck, as we both happened to join a random game with 2 other players. But anytime we wanted to join each other's game or invite one another, it would constantly decline, so we ended up just playing the missions solo.

The campaign is fairly short with some of the strongest mission variety in the series, but the story and characters aren't very memorable. I've often wondered whether or not Assassin's Creed should ditch the present day narrative and this game actually answered that question for me with a resounding no. Without a present day story, Arno's story feels very meaningless and carries no weight without any modern day connection. At the very least, they could have tied this with some other assassin's story from a previous title. Aveline from Liberation and even Connor would still be alive in this era.

The missions themselves are pretty much the highlight of the game and some of the best in the entire series. The side missions are also quite clever but can be a little samey at times. I really enjoyed the character customization options too, though, I would have preferred they remained cosmetic and didn't alter Arno's abilities.

Combat on the other hand felt like it took a huge dive. I really enjoyed the combat in the Assassin's Creed III era of games, and for some reason, this feels like a return to the original game's primitive combat, which can be a total nightmare when the game glitches and won't let you attack mid-combat or when enemies are constantly shooting at you, and using human shields is no longer an option. The moveset is just very limited this time around and is sometimes unresponsive, yet for some reason, I see purists praise the hell out of it.

With that being said, I had a much better time with the Dead Kings DLC, which offered a denser map, less NPCs (so they weren't in the way or glitching out like crazy), and smaller structures that really help showcase the game's great parkour system. I also really enjoyed the way the DLC used the underground catacombs throughout its story and the ending felt much more befitting of an Assassin's Creed game, but the overall story still felt rather directionless, even with the DLC.

Assassin's Creed: Unity - 6.7/10
Dead Kings DLC - 8/10

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I finished the story of Last Of Us 2 on Friday and I have to say, I loved it. It made me feel so horrible in a way I haven't felt in a long time which is the result of a solid piece of art. A lot of the criticism is valid about the pacing and the overly long game play and the amount of dogs you have to kill. But the story was still solid. Like I said in another thread, it could never live up to the titanic shoes of the first Last of Us, but man, it was still great.

9/10 for me. They could definitely have made a more refined and narrowed the scope of the game to give a more lasting impact, but when it is good, it is great.

But a QUICK WARNING - After beating the game, I used Chapter Select immediately to get a Safe I had missed. And the game autosaved over my finished game losing all of my progress until the end of the game. So, now I am about 10 hours from the end again and have lost all of my progress on my weapons and skills! Make sure you manually save your beat the game file!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I finished the story of Last Of Us 2 on Friday and I have to say, I loved it. It made me feel so horrible in a way I haven't felt in a long time which is the result of a solid piece of art. A lot of the criticism is valid about the pacing and the overly long game play and the amount of dogs you have to kill. But the story was still solid. Like I said in another thread, it could never live up to the titanic shoes of the first Last of Us, but man, it was still great.

9/10 for me. They could definitely have made a more refined and narrowed the scope of the game to give a more lasting impact, but when it is good, it is great.

But a QUICK WARNING - After beating the game, I used Chapter Select immediately to get a Safe I had missed. And the game autosaved over my finished game losing all of my progress until the end of the game. So, now I am about 10 hours from the end again and have lost all of my progress on my weapons and skills! Make sure you manually save your beat the game file!

I beat the game and found all but about 2 trading cards, 3 coins, and 1 or 2 documents and a journal entry. I did pretty well for the collectables but replayed the game. I was sad that ALL of those are back for your second play through. Made getting them all again a drag.

That said I CANNOT understand the whole "the game is too long" argument. This is the first time in my 28 years of gaming that I have EVER heard anyone complain that 30 hours is too long! Never in my life have I heard that. People often complain that is too short. Now we have 100-200 hour games that are just waaaay too long and feel like a job to play. Sometimes I feel like I should be getting paid for some of these games these days because they feel like work and not fun after about 50 hours in of daunting sidequests. I'm really shocked that anyone would be complaining the game was too long. I thought it was just right. Not too long, not too short. Very much stayed it's welcome.

Also the Dog thing... that's not a complaint. They should do a DLC mode called "The Last of Doggos" where you play the first half of Bear and the second half as Alice. Unique key features such as experiencing unconditional love by Abby and Co, playing fetch and hunting with the WLF, experince their life until they meet their end by Ellie. Also enjoy a Doggo mode where you get to play in black and white Doggo vision!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I suppose the length of the game impacted the pacing for me. They set up so many chances to progress the story, but instead delve in to side stories that are beautiful and well written, but they distract you from the main plot. If the game was more like
Ellie's Seattle Day 1 incursion where you can explore freely certain buildings and find hidden areas and items
- I don't think time would be as much of an issue. But they keep setting up new and beautiful locations instead of progressing the main story and keep you on rails the whole time. It just diminished the finale a touch for me. I still think this game has set a standard for video game storytelling. Even if you didn't like the story that much, you have to give this game props for taking story telling so seriously and it feeling a little bit like a Charles Dickens' novel rather than just a fun time. I have a Bachelors in Lit, so I can make ridiculous comparisons like that! It's in the rules! haha.

The fact that we have to find specific ways to improve the game and discover how to have told these stories in a better fashion goes to show you how good the game is. We don't have complaints like we would for other games, but because the quality is so high and the franchise is so titanic, we find ourselves pulling apart these tiny details.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - This is an old game. Like 2003 or something. And as a kid...it was always RIDICULOUSLY difficult. I could never beat it without cheat codes (Man, remember cheat codes?). But, it still always remained a nostaligic part of my childhood starring one of my top 3 favorite Star Wars characters. Yes, I like Jango Fett better than Boba Fett, fight me haters. And now, all these years later, I re-discovered it on PSnow. And let me tell you, it's just as fun as I remember. Don't get me wrong. My nostalgia hasn't blinded me. It controls like a Drunk 16 year old who took his daddy's caddy out after a few too many jagerbombs and has mumble rap blaring as he drives the wrong way down a one way street. But...That's really my only complaint. The story is excellent. Showing the full version of how Jango got chosen to be the template for the clone army not only makes for an amazing extra bit of lore, but developers sold us a whole seat when all we needed was the edge. It's a damn shame it's been relegated to "Legends," (I.E. Non Canon) thanks to that god awful Disney Buyout. The inclusion of a cult, called the Bando Gorra, turns things up to 11 if all you've seen is the films. The incredible selection of weapons adds so much variety. Seeing Jango as the most relentless Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy in his prime gives you a sense of his reputation that you never got from the films, and honestly, for an early PS2 game, graphically and voice acting wise, it holds up pretty well. Add to that the amount of unlockables and secrets you can find like outtakes, comic book pages, and concept art, from completing various side tasks like collecting all the secondary bounties and finding hidden rooms, gives this game an insane amount of replayability. I started playing it for the nostalgia, but I stuck to it because of just how much there is to do. On top of that, this game is HARD. If I were to describe its difficulty, think Jeffery Epstein's d*ck when he sees a group of 14 year old blondes on a vacation away from home. I usually beleive most modern games are too easy. Which is why I adore SNES era games and the like. But this? This was just punishing. And sure, some of the punishment harckens back to the extra chromosome based controls I was talking about earlier, but that's a product of it's time. Even if those controls were perfect, the limited lives, space between checkpoints, and the amount of damage you take from enemy hits, makes this game infuriating. But in that way where you want to keep playing because you just can't let the game win. The game is relatively short, but you'll be dying so often it will feel like the longest Star Wars game you've ever played that isn't named "Knights of the Old Republic." Plus, on PSnow, it has trophy support. So if you're a trophy hunter completionist like me, that's a new level of difficulty and replayability. I'm still 2 trophies short of that platinum. All in all, 8.5/10. I'm glad I revisted it all these years later. If you have PSnow, or an old copy of it lying around for GameCube or PS2, I highly recommend giving it another go all these years later.

Call of Duty WW2 (PS4)
Very basic ww2 game as it is, but there were a long time ago I played through something like it, so as a newer title it was refreshing and didn't feel too generic.

I would have liked it to be some kind of coop in the campaign. I am not planing on staying with the game for the multiplayer. But as a free ps+ title I am pleased

6/10

Alice Madness Returns (PS3)
Second time I played through Alice. Got it originally as a birthday gift from my boyfriend in 2012. To me it's special because of that. But also it's an amazing lengthy game that never got boring. A remaster would be perfect since it dosen't run as smoothly as i'd want. But regardless it's a epic game.

9/10

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

This is only my favorite game ever. That being said, I don't like the 3DS version as much as the N64 version. But then I can break the game pretty bad on N64 with all the glitches lol.

Just because of the changes they made in this specific version I wouldn't rate it as highly as the N64 version, so I give the 3DS version an 8/10. There were some serious issues with 'Z targeting' in this version that make it way harder to fight multiple enemies. There were some other minor control changes also, but that's my main gripe.

Top Bottom