• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
What can I say, great game.. masterpeice even. Glad I played this again now.. Gives me perspective on how great the galaxy games are even compared to the newer games. In my opinion the concept of having levels like these instead of bigger worlds are much better, especially for replay value.

10/10

Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)
Just finished the Adventure mode of Mario Tennis Aces, also played the cups and played a bit online. Game controlls very well, however I feel like there is a huge lack of content outside the online mode.. which isn't very intersting if you're casually playing it. It's sad to say but Mario tennis aces is just an empty mario sports title with a nice packaging. Looks nice plays well but simply isn't as fun as it should be.

6/10

The Inpatient (PS4 / VR)
This is game sets place in the same universe as 'Until Dawn' This is a VR spin off but not like their previous release 'Until Dawn Rush of blood' which was an on rails shooting spin off. Inpatient is a much slower experience where the goal is to follow the story and basically look arround areas, a bit more similar to the original Until Dawn game. However the game controls are very clunky and makes you feel ill even if you're used to VR games. The game is also very short, and only few characters are even interesting unlike the cast from the original game.

Both me and my friend were highly dissapointed, I don't mind short games if the end is fullfilling and I get a sence of the game being 'short and sweet' However in the case of Inpatient it was a mediocre and not even really too scary experience that didnt' feel fullfilling at all.. And it dosen't get any better when you realize that the games graphics look very mediocre aswell.

4/10

Chu Chu Rocket (Dreamcast)
Me and my friend played through all the fun challenge levels and also played a few rounds in the PvP mode.. and both of us laughed the entire time. It's frantic, challenging and a bounch of fun. It's a simple puzzle game by the looks of it, but I could tell after our 3 hour session that this is a game that will be played on every game night in the future.

8/10

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
If you can call it finishing a game, I've just finished the World of Light on Smash Bros. Ultimate. Took me a good while, but I had a whole lot of fun with it (particularly the Zelda section) and I was awed by the finale. The whole endgame was epic.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Chrono Trigger. It was a fun JRPG. Combat and plot were okay. Most of the characters were interesting. I felt that the final boss was a bit OP compared to the rest of the game, but I managed in the end.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
The Evil Within
After achievement hunting in the sequel, I did a run of one of the harder difficulties while painstakingly looking for every single Locker Key and being careful with my upgrades. Despite dying 66 times in 15 hours (as my results screen said), playing it with a guide was a far better experience than attempting it cold and blind on Casual Mode like I did at launch in 2014. Still, the game is very rough and there's lots of trial and error involved, but some patches in the meantime fixed the forced letterbox and some of those load times. Unfortunately, some spots could have used more checkpoints/autosaves than others.

A supremely mixed bag, but I enjoyed it anyway.

And here's what came of that Evil Within 2 session, by the way:
2f520a5ec3b06dca63ca0e2e919f49ca.png

Last edited:
Yakuza 6 Song of Life (PS4)
Might sound strange to some, but I decided that Yakuza 6 would be the first game in the series I try. The reasoning behind this was mostly due to the fact that it's fully voiced so I won't get tired of having to read through conversations. I have played a similar game before though (Shenmue) which I really liked.

Yakuza reminds me so much of Shenmue.. not as epic but a little more goofy and less serious. Overall I did enjoy it but I wish they'd focus on a bit more interesting gameplay and level design. It was too much movie for my personal taste.

7/10

Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4 pro & Xbox One)
Finished all the campaigns and scenarios. It's a very polished game so it's easy to get blinded by the flaws that I see in the game. Sadly there are a few..

1, Removed weapons & creatures. I don't understand why the iconic bow gun wasn't included, and why remove creatures instead of having them all + add some new?

2. All the scenarios are pretty much the same regardless what you pick which is hugely dissapointing. For one I wish there was a larger outdoors segment for scenario B so it would make sense why the other character had already left the RPD. I also wish that you could interact in the scenario A that would have results in how things would happen in scenario B.. I.E ' U can only unlock this area in scenario A so if you forgot you can't access this optional area in scenario B '

3. Ada's segment was VERY bad and uninteresting. A much better scenario would be if one of her goals were to find bandage for Leon while encountering her own set of enemies and maybe fight a boss? How about a much more interesting Alligator fight.. The gator fight was a big flaw on it's own.

4. They removed the Extreme battle game mode, why? to add it as dlc later?? I don't care if it's free dlc it should have been on the game I paid full price for.

5. The game is totally designed for speed runners, I guess Capcom took note at how many people like to speed run the RE games, sure that's a big part of these games but I feel like the overall game length and puzzles + variation to the different campaigns took a big hit due to this.

In general I feel like RE2 is getting so much praise because reviewers love short games and finish it quickly and slap a great score thinking in their heads RE2 has more to offer than it really does, while doing so they avoid eventual backlash from fans. Streamers love it too since it's short and if you're a speed runner it's a great game.

It's like people forgot the standards the original Remake set and I think I know why, we have been waiting so long for this game we are at the moment blinded by the hype because there is no way this game could be bad.. It isn't bad but it's not close to being on par with what we should have expected.

I'd say a few years from now we will all look back at this remake and think 'well this wasn't as legendary as we first thought' Which is sad.. I enjoyed my time though.. as I said very polished the little that is in there.

7.5 / 10

I'll have to give RE2 a rating of at least 9.5/10. It's damn near perfect.
If you read my points i'd find it hard to still consider it a 'near perfect' game. It's great but should have been more of what the original remake for re1 was. That added so much to the overall game while still staying true. RE2 is gorgeous and looks like a great remake, but as I said with the points I stated I can't see it as a 'prefect' experience at all. Sad for me :]

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
If you read my points i'd find it hard to still consider it a 'near perfect' game. It's great but should have been more of what the original remake for re1 was. That added so much to the overall game while still staying true. RE2 is gorgeous and looks like a great remake, but as I said with the points I stated I can't see it as a 'prefect' experience at all. Sad for me :]
My above post wasn't quoting yours. Nevertheless, I'm all in for an interesting debate.

I haven't played the original RE2 so I have nothing to compare it to. To me, the remake is near perfect because it gave me everything I expected and more. It's fun, immersive, beautiful and addictive.

The remake of RE1 came out just a few years after the original, while there's a 20 year gap between this remake and RE2. Of course there's bound to be much more of a difference in terms of gameplay, especially when we're talking about AAA games. I love the remake of RE1, it's my favorite RE game to this very day, but I also recognize the fact that it was made in 2002. For example there was no reason for Capcom to design the remake of RE2 with pre-rendered backgrounds, since that would've made it look like a retro game.

However, I do understand if some old fans of RE2 are disappointed in some aspects of the remake. But some of your points are quite nitpicky, especially your complaint about the removal of some weapons and creatures. The only con I fully support is the lack of difference between A and B scenarios, which is something almost everyone on this board agree on anyway.

It's also unfair to simply degrade this remake to a "game designed for streamers and speedrunners". If I recall correctly, the world in 2019 is obsessed with streaming and speedrunning when it comes to all gaming. No matter if a game is easy or difficult, people will still play it to death and upload content of it online, especially if the game is popular. Did you really expect this remake to be any different?

Dead or Alive 5 + (PS Vita)
Finished the story mode to refresh myself for DOA6. Dead or Alive is my favorite fighting franchise and the story mode in my opinion is great. Alot of cutscenes funny humor.. the overall plot is a little dumb but fits this series so well.

Too bad the online is dead for this version of DOA, even though it's possible to connect with PS3 users.. If this was a 'next gen' version of doa5 with possibility to connect with PS4 it'd be way easier to connect with people. Regardless the fighting, graphics, music are all intact on the Vita which makes a great experience.

Last point I want to mention is that if you are in pal region like me most of the DLC such as characters are not avalible for some reason which is a true shame.. :(

8/10

Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS4)
Finished it years ago on the PS1.. one of my childhood games and I freaking love it. I wish they'd continue to make crash games like this one. Short but very hard levels that you grind to no end until you finally beat it. Looks amazing too, the original still holds up well but this remaster is no doubt the way to play. However I may revisit the original again in handheld form on the PSVita.

9/10

Vanquish (Xbox 360)
Got this game suggested to me by a friend. And guess if I was surprised when I looked at the back of the game and saw that Shinji Mikami made this game! Wow.. Anyway i'm a huge fan of third person shooters and this one nailed it big time when it comes to gameplay and the right ammount of action. It's great to see a game from Platinum games that focuses on the shooting more so than melee attacks like they do with many of their other games.

It's not a perfect game though, the story is beyond cheesy and it's full aware that it dosen't take itself seriously at all. It's both a good and bad thing but considering the ammount of cutscenes this game has (as most platinum games have) It's hard to keep being engaged in the plot and what's actually happening.

If i'm going to be honest I stopped paying attention to the plot half way through, and this is not a long game by any means.

The gameplay is really what makes this game stand out and I do highly suggest any third person shooting fan to try this one out even though it's short and has a very dull story to it.

7/10

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)
I did make the horrid decision to buy this game for full price and I didn't even finish it until now when it's basically free to play.. WELL it's also a shame it didn't sell too well since it's a pretty great single player adventure. However it's the weakest installment in the reboot of Tomb Raider and it might be the last.. which is a shame.

I played this on the original Xbox One and it do look pretty great, however it dosen't run too well. I can tell it's heavily down graded for the original Xbox One compared to PS4 pro / Xbox One X versions so I wish the graphically downgrade would atleast make the game run smooth.. It dosen't break the gameplay but the framerate drops a bit too much I feel.

The NPC's didn't seem to care alot of the story and what's happening in the game which made me lose interest aswell.

Overall the gameplay is great just like any Tomb Raider and it's fun exploration.

7/10

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The last game I finished was Kingdom Hearts III.

While I enjoyed it immensely, I had some issues with the plot. I've been left with a lot of questions that I hope get answers. Hopefully some of these will be answered in the DLC.

Everything you did in the worlds before the final section of the game seemed to have little relevance to me, either. They were just there to visit and barely had any bearing on the overall plot.

The ending didn't really work for me, either.

However, it was very cool that some of the members of Organisation XIII got their time in the spotlight, there was a lot of diversity with the characters and a lot of my favourite characters also returned.

8.5 out of 10.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jen - I had the same exact issues. I am near the end of PLATINUMING the game, but I decided to finish the story last night. There are so many good ideas and the game is super fun to play. However, the criticisms of KHIII are very legit.

Here are some minor complaints about it:

1) What happened to the FF characters? There are literally NONE in the game. The World doesn't feel as full.
2) No Home World - What happened to Radiant Garden/Traverse Town/Hollow Bastion? They try to shoehorn Twilight Town in as the Home World, but it is basic at best. In KHII, Hollow Bastion served as the Home Town and it grew and gave us a place to follow up with story elements. In KHIII, you just sit in your Gummiship and Chip and Dale call you on the phone to let you know where to go next. Bogus at best.
3) The game is TAD easy. I am playing on Normal Mode and have literally NEVER died. Kingdom Hearts isn't supposed to be Dark Souls or anything, but I do feel like I had to harder playing curve in the other KH games.

Overall, I would give KHIII a 8.9/10. It's a great game, but there is so much missing from it that it feels imcomplete.

If you want to follow my Platinum progress - Check me out on PSNProfiles.com. My PSN name is TeaGuru12.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Jen - I had the same exact issues. I am near the end of PLATINUMING the game, but I decided to finish the story last night. There are so many good ideas and the game is super fun to play. However, the criticisms of KHIII are very legit.

Here are some minor complaints about it:

1) What happened to the FF characters? There are literally NONE in the game. The World doesn't feel as full.
2) No Home World - What happened to Radiant Garden/Traverse Town/Hollow Bastion? They try to shoehorn Twilight Town in as the Home World, but it is basic at best. In KHII, Hollow Bastion served as the Home Town and it grew and gave us a place to follow up with story elements. In KHIII, you just sit in your Gummiship and Chip and Dale call you on the phone to let you know where to go next. Bogus at best.
3) The game is TAD easy. I am playing on Normal Mode and have literally NEVER died. Kingdom Hearts isn't supposed to be Dark Souls or anything, but I do feel like I had to harder playing curve in the other KH games.

Overall, I would give KHIII a 8.9/10. It's a great game, but there is so much missing from it that it feels imcomplete.

If you want to follow my Platinum progress - Check me out on PSNProfiles.com. My PSN name is TeaGuru12.
I agree with all three of the above complaints.

I admit that I'm by no means a Kingdom Hearts pro. I only got into the series in the last year or two and I've never been the best at it. I died extremely few times in III. (and I even surprised myself by not dying much). I know I've barely scratched the surface but I've got the main story done and things were just a little lacking.

Kairi is another gripe for me, because she does next to nothing.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
FOR REAL ABOUT KAIRI.

I was so excited to see Keyblade Kairi, but we get nothing but kidnap victim Kairi YET again. I hope that she becomes playable in the future installments so we can finally feel her become a real character. After the "secret" ending, I have hopes for using other characters in the games.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
REmake 2

9/10

*Forgive the shortness of this response as I am only posting so late to distract me from my celiac pain until my meds kick in. May edit later x.x*

Dead or Alive 6 (PS4 pro)
Been playing a lot of DOA6 since it came out. But only now I finished the story which was way too short and not interesting at all. Only good part were the humour Honoka & Marie Rose provided. You didn't even get a trophy for playing through that it felt like a waste of time compared to DOA5 which had excellent story for fighting game.

The online mode is so far .. can you belive it HUGE step back from DOA5.. which was a step back from DOA4. If you are old enough to remember, Dead or Alive used to have ahead of the curve online modes ever since DOA2 Ultimate..

There also is not tag team option which has been in litterary every entry since the original DOA2 on the Dreamcast.

Koei have said there will be Tag team and better online in the future.. However I don't understand why they released this game half baked? It's been very long since DOA5 originally came out so i'd only expect a full game when I buy it for full price.

At launch the unlocking of costumes was a huge grind which they luckily patched and fixed, not unlocking costumes are fun and we have a larger selection for that compared to previous games.

All in all DOA6 looks and plays like a prettier DOA5. And if you are not really big into the series, you'd get a better campaign and all the same modes in DOA5 for much much cheaper..

7/10

Devil May Cry 5 (PS4 pro)
I'm not the bigest fan of this series, I only have played through the DmC that was suppose to be a reboot before this one. And I know many people disliked that entry but I did enjoy it. This one was very different but similar in the combat from what I remember. Devil may cry 5 is however a lot more impressive and fun. The story captured me even though I haven't followed the story before this. My main complaint is that the levels feel much the same. It got pretty repetitive in the end and that is saying a lot since it isn't a very long game.

All in all it is very great for a hack n slash and my overall score i a 'weak' 8 since I'd like more content.

8/10

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos (PS4 pro)
Not much to say, Girls in bikinis slashing up zombies. It was fun, story was goofy.. I had fun playing through it but it looked and played a bit clunky.

6/10

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)
For some reason I stopped playing when I reached the final world in the game, but just popped it in my switch again to finish it. From what I remember and from what i've played I do see why people complaint that it being so 'basic' and similar to other recent Kirby games. However I did enjoy it for what it was. Very cute graphics and game. However I'd like to see a more 'kirby 64' styled game in Kirby's next entry.

7/10

Akiba Strip Undead & Undressed (PS Vita)
F I wouldn't say i'm very big into the 'Anime, manga' kind of games and shows in general. But this game was really really great and a lot of fun. The story really engaged me and I love how you can change the story depending on how you interact with the other characters. I got the ending I wanted but I feel like I want to play this again to see a different one. The combat is this game weak point since it can feel fairly clunky. However it varies depending on what weapon type you use.

Overall the game had perfect length for being a vita game, and it can be even longer if you decide to also engage in side missions.

8.5/10

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBOX Live Arcade)

Finally got around to playing this game I had neglected for some time. I already own most of the Castlevania games pre-SOTN, barring Japanese exclusives and I still hadn't tried a single IGAvania title despite my love of Metroid, and what better place to start than the first and still highest regarded in the series?
While my experience was overall positive, the game is beautifully animated, Alucard is a dream to control and it was so satisfying to murder the Spearguards from Dracula X in a single sword slash, I felt that Alucard's item menu was far too bloated for an action title with RPG elements. Having offensive items, potions, food, power-ups, etc. all in the Left and Right Hand menu made it something of a nightmare to navigate later on when I had tons of items and only used Jewel Knuckles and the Combat Knife by endgame. That is, the first endgame, where I fight the brainwashed Richter.
The inverted castle's difficulty also felt like too much of a spike and I would often be struggling against much tougher enemies to find save points, and even running into an optional superboss in the form of Galamoth. Until I wasn't. Eventually I passed a certain level and suddenly the inverted castle, up to and including Dracula, was cake.

The voice acting was also wonderfully bad, not a moment of the original PS1 dialogue was changed for XBLA, just the way I wanted it. Because despite some clunky dialogue and performances I couldn't imagine these characters with any other voices. When you redub a game years later with bigger name VAs you just sort of lose something. It's like Troy Baker as James Sunderland, it feels wrong...
Special shout-outs go to Master Librarian and the Ferryman just cracking me up every time they spoke.
If I sound critical, it's only because I find criticism is easier to surmise than praise. SOTN is still very much worth playing today and I'd recommend it to anybody.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Persona 5
Persona 5, for me, is a 9/10. It's arguably the second best experience I've had on the PS4. Right after Final Fantasy XV. The music was easily the best part. Now, I've never played a Persona game before, and I've heard 3 and 4 both top it, but as someone who's never played them, god damn was it incredible. The different character archetypes were everything you'd expect from a JRPG yet still manage to stand out. The user interface is so stylish that it will make you throw your art degree in the trash, and the way the game escalates story wise is unparalleled.

That said...It does have its flaws. Not many, but it does. I could stand for the main character, Joker, to have a few more speaking roles. He has maybe 6 sentences in cutscenes the whole game. If you're gonna give us that much of his voice, you may as well make him fully voiced. Certain characters, namely Haru, are introduced so late if makes them hard to give a sh*t about. And finally, the camaraderie between the party falls flat compared to the other JRPG I've played for PS4, which I've already mentioned, FFXV. That game nailed the group dynamic of characters interacting with each other that it'll be hard to top. The whole party doesn't interact with one another enough outside of cutscenes to show how close they grow from beginning to end. That said, the interactions and growth with the main character IS very well done.

In conclusion, I'd definitely recommend the game to anyone who has 120 hours to kill on a BRILLIANT story based game that's half Turn Based RPG half Life Sim.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Batman Arkham City VIA the Batman: Return to Arkham Remaster

This was my second time through the game after playing it back in 2014. And I can still claim it is the best in the series. It gives you the best battles and story that the series has to offer. The story is ICONIC. This series changed gaming forever and I'll be damned if it didn't do it in a grand fashion. I am not going to Platinum the game because I hate collecting Battle trophies. It's just time consuming for me for very little payoff. But for the first time, I did play Harly Quinn's Revenge and it was a fun addition to the game and playing as Robin felt great. It had a sense of familiarity, but was also unique due to the relative speed of the character AND the new gadgets.

If you haven't played this series, I highly suggest it. If you're a fan of Assassin's Creed or the Shadow Of Mordor games - this series is the pinnacle of these types of games.

MY SCORE FROM 2014: 10
MY SCORE FROM THE REMASTER: 9.5

Top Bottom