• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'm not reviewing it because I won't be playing it. I've never played Metroid. :p

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Yes, I picked this up against my better judgment just because I was curious about the Story Mode. I completed it and haven't picked it up since. It's a fun game strictly from a gameplay standpoint, the new mechanics offer an exciting new experience. However, the roster is a huge turnoff. Only 30 characters, which is sub-standard at best for a Vs. game, Injustice 2 has 28 characters, 37 with DLC, 1 more than this game with DLC included, and that's a fighter featuring characters from just one company. Plus the lack of X-Men is highly disappointing, but even looking past the petty ban on Fox-owned characters, the roster is STILL a major turnoff. Like I said, only 30 characters, most of those being rehashed characters from UMvC3, and it includes sh!t characters like Mike Haggar, Firebrand, Nemesis and Nathan Spencer. It only has 5 new characters on its base roster with the rest being held for ransom via DLC, totally inexcusable with the catalog of both brands.

I still can't believe f*cking SPENCER (!) made it in over the literally dozens of far more deserving Capcom characters. Of course, we all know why he made it back: the associate producer (Peter "ComboFiend" Rosas) pulled strings to get him in the game because he mained him in MvC3. The same guy who said: "If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right?" Yes, this is an exact quote from the associate producer for the game, I sh!t you not. So wasting a roster spot on a guy who nobody asked for and reducing beloved characters to mere functions. His ass should be fired along with the guy who said "nobody remembers the X-Men" (Mike Evans), but (t)he(y) probably won't be because it's Capcom.

And of course, there's the awful graphics and art style.

TL;DR: it nails the gameplay, but fails at just about everything else.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Little Nightmares
This October, I really want to play as many spooky/horror games as possible. So I decided to kick things off with Little Nightmares which was just absolutely fantastic. The game actually reminds me a lot of Limbo since they're both puzzle platformers that use physics based puzzles to get through obstacles. However, Little Nightmares is so much more than that. For starters, the game is fully 3D, has a unique diorama/doll house perspective, offers more gameplay variety with its stealth segments, and oozes with that dark whimsical Tim Burton charm.

The whole game is designed to look as if it's from a (demented) child's perspective. The environments and adults in the game are all gigantic and disturbing, while Six is so small. Even the puzzles make you think like a child by making something simple to reach like a doorknob hard to get to. So the only way to reach it is by pulling up a chair to the door. It's not a story driven game, but everything you need to know is mostly told through subtext and left up to you to interpret, giving you a lot to think about after you've finished the game and there's definitely a lot to process.

The game isn't too long and could actually be sped run in under an hour, which is an actual achievement in the game, which is also supposed to be done without dying. I love this game, but going for that has been a total b*tch and highlights the game's flaws big time. There are times when the camera zooms out and wants you to walk on a 2D plane, but with the gameplay being 3D and the lack of invisible barriers, it's quite easy to fall to your death during these moments, especially when you're trying to race through them to save time. Six can also feel wonky at times when you want her to grab onto things and can unnecessarily cause you time if you're not precise enough with your movements. Really minor issues overall when you're just trying to enjoy the game at your own pace, but a total pain when going for that achievement. I have yet to accomplish it, but someday it will be done.

It's not an expensive game but it's also a little too short which is shame because there really isn't much to do after you've beaten the game and collected everything, which can all be done in a fairly short amount of time. There's storied DLC out with more incoming, so hopefully when it's all released, it will be quite the worthwhile package. I still highly recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of horror, platformers, or movies like The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline.

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I've actually been watching someone play Little Nightmares on Twitch in a stream.
He was kinda riffing it and then he got bored and he almost gave up... until he got to the kitchen. That was when it really started to pick up and he actually started getting spooked.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Amnesia The Dark Decent.

I don't really understand why this is known for being scary. I mean, there were a few points in the game that scared me (The choir area for one, screw that zombie thing), but for the most part it seemed to be pretty average. The story was okay though it didn't always hold my attention. And those controls, good god. Overall, I don't think it was bad by any means, but neither was it amazing. I do have to give it credit for actually making the player think to get through difficult areas; that is something I greatly miss from video games anymore.

Sniper Elite 4 (Xbox One)
More of the same. I liked the third game alot but this game feels like a step back from the previous entry. The engine is getting really old so it's not that nice to look at. Game is good and fun overall but feels VERY mediocre these days. They are in REAL need for an upgrade when it comes to the games engine.

5/10

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I got the platinum trophy on resident evil revelations (ps4) last week and I completed normal difficulty on the evil within 2 aswell

Forgot to add Mario Odyssey!

8/10! I don't really see how people think this is the best Mario of all time. Sure if your favorite genre is collectathons.. But I personally like Mario most when it's about progressing through a challenging level. Yes I am aware that there are alot of difficult levels in odyssey, but most comes after the main quest and i'm not really about that design in games. GREAT game regardless for being what it is. But not beating Galaxy 1&2.

The Evil within 2 (PS4)
I did like the original Evil Within but I didn't see it as any spectacular game. It was a decent third person horror game that sometimes reminded me of the same mechanics RE4/5 have. I didn't expect a sequel but here it is.

I do not like the idea of that any and almost every game gets the 'open world' treatment.. this dosen't benifit all games and I do belive Evil Within falls into that category. Sure you can play the game somewhat linear, but that way you miss alot of story and weapons you will need. I don't like this set up at all, for being someone who can't spend too much time on every new game that get released I sometimes have to skip optional missions in games just to get through them in a reasonable time. Evil Within makes this hard for me since I do not know which side missions are worth skipping or not.

I also do not like the controls very much, the camera are way too slow.. the shooting feels very off even when you start upgrading things.

The story is where the game shines compare to the first game though. Sebastian is alot more likeable this time so that's good. But my overall experience with Evil Within 2 wasn't too positive, I got bored fairly quickly to be honest.

6/10

White Day a labyrinth named school (PS4)

A remake of a old PC game originally released in 2001. It's a remake in the same sense Crash Bandicoot collection are a remake of those games.. i'd say remaster maybe? It's the same game and mechanics for the most part but the graphics has been made from the ground up.. I do think this is disapointning since the graphics are pretty bad for being a PS4 release.

At first I thought White Days graphics were HD remastered from the original release since the game really look like a PS2 title.

The game however is really really good! I love the atmosphere, music and lore.. there are a ton of lore secrets and puzzles.. and many different endings! And what you do and how you interact with all characters will determan what ending you'll get!

7/10

KevinStriker

Last game I finished was ActRaiser. A really fun action platformer and city builder hybrid from the first year of the Super Nintendo where you play as the God of your own world, defeat evil monsters threatening your people, and then help them build a society.
All culminating in a final climactic showdown with Satan and all set to the amazing music of Yuzo Koshiro of the Streets of Rage games. One of my favourite SNES games by far.

Resident Evil 6 - (Platinum Trophy) (PS3)
Finally got arround to get the platinum on RE6.. Took me way to long (the emblems were a pain to look up) Finally done and I love the game. Very underrated.

8/10

Tekken 7 (PS4 pro)
I liked Tekken 7.. however it's very bare bones. My Tekken has been for awhile the lack of game modes etc.. Usually the numbered title only have the core fighting while they later on release a 'tag tournament' game where they have fun Tag team battles and other fun modes..

The VR part of Tekken 7.. what a disaster. Only the 'TRAINING' scenario is avalible for VR play.. How difficult was it to include the VR for arcade mode too?? Seriously what a rip-off calling this a 'VR' title.. -.-

7/10

Monster Hunter World (PS4 pro)
More evidence that Capcom is no longer that 'evil crap company' everyone should hate on. I mean seriously, I get ****ed when people keep saying capcom dosen't have a clue on what they're doing. Monster Hunter is problably one of the greatest multiplayer games for the current generation. No lootboxes or shady DLC.. It's a wonderful game with a ton of content. It was a blast playing through the 'main quest' and I know that I will keep playing this game for an endless ammount of hours just like I did with Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii U.

The only flaw I'd say is the matchmaking system. I wish there was an easier option to create and join smaller rooms instead of just a big session with 16 players. It's harder to find a group to play with in this current setup.

9/10

Last edited:
God of War [2018] (PS4 pro)
At first I was a little worried they would ruin the fun pick up n play action formula that's been in previous entries. I'm happy to say that the fun gory action is intact while they attempt a much more mature style for this franshise! The end result is basically pure perfection. So much to do and explore.. Fun puzzles that are mostly optional but rewarding, great balance in difficulty and a great interesting story to be told. Ofcourse I have to slap that 10/10 on this one.

10/10

KevinStriker

Silent Hill (PS1)

It was okay, not as visually impressive as 2 and 3 obviously, but uses a lot of the same tricks that its sequels are famous for, especially in the audio.
I think I got the good ending, because I saved Cybil and made Dr. Kaufmann mad at me

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice

I recently finished my second go at this game in order to get the platinum. Great game. Somewhat confusing at times but very atmospheric and emotional. Its one of those games that sticks with you after you play. I won't spoil anything for you guys though. Suffice it to say it's one of my favorites.

Edit:Forgot to rate lol

9/10 - I very very rarely give 10s. Most of my issues with this game were minor and having to do with the mechanics rather than the actual game per se, and I have had issues with glitches. The story was good, albeit confusing as you have to infer through flashbacks and such to figure out what actually happened which led up to the game's current events, as well as what is true of what you see and experience throughout the game. The music was good, the acting was great, and it didn't feel too long or too short. And maybe this is just me, but I like the fact that the game has no user interface/HUD.

Last edited:
Super Lucky's Tale (Xbox One)
Targeted to kids I do enjoy 3D platformers so I decided to give it a shot anyway. Ok game, could have used some more personality to the main character.. Some stages where honestly really hard xD

Fun game i'd say pick up if you have a younger brother or sister! Or if you really enjoy 3D platformers like me.

7/10

STEM_inhabitant

Gravity Rush Remastered

Now technically, I beat it months ago. But I returned to it to do side challenges and acquire trophies because it seems to work really well as a background game where you don't have to focus or think too much and can sort of relax while playing.

It's really satisfying though. Some general complaints I've read might even be legitimate, like combat not being fun, but the strength of the game lies in how it looks and feels. I can only recommend it to someone if they can imagine having fun flying around the city collecting gems, because that's the game's main drawing power, and it doesn't have to be much more than that. It's just a joy to play. The soundtrack and artsyle is really cool too and they add the most to the overall experience.

8.5/10

I mean, I'd give it a 9 on the basis of how much I enjoyed it myself, but I'm having trouble here trying to be a proper critic without overlooking the game's genuine flaws.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
haven't quite finished it, but very close. Spiderman ps4.
such a good take on Spiderman, the story is very immersive and the boss fights are very very good.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I finished The Last of Us for the first time the other day. I'm really kicking myself for not giving it the time of day when it first came out. One of the best non-RE survival horror experiences I've ever had.

Soonish, I'll move on to another survival horror game I previously ignored: The Evil Within

Mordecur

"Women"
Shadow of the Tomb Raider

This one feels more like a tomb raider game than the previous two, but I still love those too. Main tomb to progress the story are back which made me happy. To not spoil the plot to much, Lara is trying to stop a Mayan apocalypse she caused. There is definitely more exploring than combat this time around, and the interaction between Lara and Jonah is spectacular. The game has a mass jungle setting and underwater sequences which you can freely swim through now. There is a hub world where you can interact with npcs to take side missions or shop for gear. I really enjoyed the final entry to the origin reboot. Overall I'd give it a 9/10

Top Bottom