• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Just finished Singularity on PS3 yesterday. Really enjoyed it, loved the time manipulation mechanic, the weapons felt like they had some heft to them and the story kept me gripped til the end (although I think the endings are delivered a little too abruptly, but I still enjoyed them).
Anybody else ever play it?

Little Nightmares (PS4)
Yea took me long enough haha! Feel proud of being a swede after playing this game! Very very good indie title. In my opinion alot better than both Inside & Limbo. Even though the game is from Sweden it had a very Japanese touch to it which isn't a bad thing at all. I'm glad I picked up the physical collectors edition. This will be a game I want to remember

8/10

Turo602

The King of Kings
Just finished a complete playthrough of Sonic Mania with Sonic and Tails, which includes getting all 7 chaos emeralds and the true ending. I'm gonna start another playthrough with Knuckles next, as his story changes some of the levels up a bit, with his version of Mirage Saloon act 1 actually being an entirely different level than both Sonic's and Tails' version. I honestly didn't expect to love this game as much I do now. It's easily one of my favorites of the year and even one of my favorites in the whole series. I also couldn't have been happier to play this on the Switch. I never thought I'd take advantage of playing it handheld, but Sonic Mania is just so perfect for it and it's been really cool being able to play it while just laying in bed and admittedly, on the toilet (because I can!) and not having to look at the TV.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Just finished a complete playthrough of Sonic Mania with Sonic and Tails, which includes getting all 7 chaos emeralds and the true ending. I'm gonna start another playthrough with Knuckles next, as his story changes some of the levels up a bit, with his version of Mirage Saloon act 1 actually being an entirely different level than both Sonic's and Tails' version. I honestly didn't expect to love this game as much I do now. It's easily one of my favorites of the year and even one of my favorites in the whole series. I also couldn't have been happier to play this on the Switch. I never thought I'd take advantage of playing it handheld, but Sonic Mania is just so perfect for it and it's been really cool being able to play it while just laying in bed and admittedly, on the toilet (because I can!) and not having to look at the TV.
Nice. I've finished it too but I haven't gotten all the chaos emeralds yet. And yea, it's cool that the levels are different for Knuckles.

Resident Evil Revelations (Xbox One)
So, this is the third time I beat Revelations 1 and the third time I bought it.. First on Wii U, then PS3 and now Xbox One.. and tomorrow I'll buy it for the PS4 aswell.. oh god..

Well, what can I say, great fantastic game! I almost forgot how amazing this one really is. And the fact that this was a handheld game on the 3DS originally just blows my mind. It's so hard for me to decide if I like this one better than Revelations 2.. But I can say now that for single player I like Revelations 1 more. Raid mode is great in both but Revelations 2 were much better.

7 hours in and i'm done with the campaign and Raid mode on chasm.. I will spend much more time into this though since I want to take part of the events and level up more in raid mode. Fun times.

9/10

Peep

Something Horrible
A few weeks ago, I beat Silent Hill 2 for the first time. Let me tell you, this game is not a game, it is an emotional experience. I might even like it a little more in terms of horror than the first three Resident Evils, although they are both considerably different games, and I still prefer Resident Evil's combat. I played it on PS2 and holy god the fog effects are amazing for a 2001 game. The music is also extremely well done, you got the more up-beat songs like "Theme of Laura" and then you got the really creepy ass music with what sounds like metallic pans or something clashing together, and then you got the more dreamy tracks like "Alone in the Town", which is probably my personal favorite. I also beat the additional story with Maria, which was a nice little addition.

Excellent game, will definitely play it again sometime.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Played Revelations on the PS4. I don't know if I'm going to try to platinum or even unlock costumes. I have a back log the size of gorilla's arm and sticking to one game is just not not going to shorten that list.

Uncharted the Lost Legacy (PS4)
I'm so glad they made a stand alone physical release for this! It deserved it. :) Overall as high quality has Uncharted 4, ofcourse it's shorter but I think it was a decent length overall. I honestly don't want these kind of games to be longer than 10 hours. I think this basically took all the best parts from UC4 and made it into a small package and with the multiplayer.. all this for a fordable price!

9/10

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I 'finished' Killing Floor 2 the other day. And by finished I mean I platinum'd it lol. Seeing as how the game doesn't have a campaign, I suppose it never REALLY ends. The only thing left for me to do is get all of the classes up to level 25.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I 'finished' Killing Floor 2 the other day. And by finished I mean I platinum'd it lol. Seeing as how the game doesn't have a campaign, I suppose it never REALLY ends. The only thing left for me to do is get all of the classes up to level 25.
Nice. It's a fun game that u can just hop on for a bit to play a few rounds or whatever. Haven't been on it since that summer event tho.

Peep

Something Horrible
Oh yes, Killing Floor 2. I picked it up back in July, and that game is godly. Got my SWAT up to 25 and had a lot of fun with it, gotta go replay that again sometime...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Metroid: Samus Returns
This is everything I've ever wanted in a brand new 2D Metroid game. I knew there was so much more potential in another 2D entry and Samus Returns has definitely realized that potential by incorporating modern video game conventions that refine exploration and vastly improve on already great gameplay mechanics. The 3D textures also look a lot better than I thought they would and add so much more depth to the environments while also allowing for more fluid animations and seamless cinematic cutscenes and interactions.

I also want to make mention of the 3D effect in this game because it is by far the best it has ever been utilized in a 3DS games. I remember when the 3DS was first announced, I assumed the effect was going to be more like the movies, when you see things popping out of the screen, but instead it just added depth. Here however, you have beautiful artwork that really pops, amazing backgrounds that usually have something going on, and even the 3D movie thing with ice shards actually flying towards the screen when you kill an enemy with the ice beam.

Overall, Metroid: Samus Returns is more than just a remake or a return to the classic Metroid formula. It may be limited by the premise and structure of the original Metroid II, but Samus Returns goes above and beyond to make this feel like a brand new experience. As I see it, there's no reason to ever go back to Metroid II ever again and the added lore really get me excited about the possibilities of a sequel to Fusion.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Metroid: Samus Returns
This is everything I've ever wanted in a brand new 2D Metroid game. I knew there was so much more potential in another 2D entry and Samus Returns has definitely realized that potential by incorporating modern video game conventions that refine exploration and vastly improve on already great gameplay mechanics. The 3D textures also look a lot better than I thought they would and add so much more depth to the environments while also allowing for more fluid animations and seamless cinematic cutscenes and interactions.

I also want to make mention of the 3D effect in this game because it is by far the best it has ever been utilized in a 3DS games. I remember when the 3DS was first announced, I assumed the effect was going to be more like the movies, when you see things popping out of the screen, but instead it just added depth. Here however, you have beautiful artwork that really pops, amazing backgrounds that usually have something going on, and even the 3D movie thing with ice shards actually flying towards the screen when you kill an enemy with the ice beam.

Overall, Metroid: Samus Returns is more than just a remake or a return to the classic Metroid formula. It may be limited by the premise and structure of the original Metroid II, but Samus Returns goes above and beyond to make this feel like a brand new experience. As I see it, there's no reason to ever go back to Metroid II ever again and the added lore really get me excited about the possibilities of a sequel to Fusion.
Had to double check to see who posted this cause I thought it was Jen at first :p

I'm sure she'll post her review soon tho.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Oh yes, Killing Floor 2. I picked it up back in July, and that game is godly. Got my SWAT up to 25 and had a lot of fun with it, gotta go replay that again sometime...

SWAT is the only class I've gotten to level 25 as of yet. My next closest is the Survivalist and the Commando. Everyone else is hovering around level 10/11.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Last game I finished was Super C.
The NES Contra games are perfect quick finish games for me. They're not complicated to plough right through.

maxresdefault.jpg

Turo602

The King of Kings
She won't review it, but obviously she's played it, right? I mean...

Oh no, she is gonna review it. She's just such a big fan of Metroid that it's gonna take her some time to gather her thoughts. Can't really blame her though, it's been a long time coming. Knowing her, she's going to write like an entire novel.

Top Bottom