• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

D

Deleted member 21244

Star Wars Battlefron 2 (PS4 Pro)
Since I enjoyed Jedi Fallen Order so much I decided to try this game out since I heard it had a single player. I might try the multiplayer which is the main part a little bit later, but I will say this, for being a side thing to the multiplayer the campaign was really good. A lot of action which is fine. It was a linear action heavy game with a lot of different characters to play as. The only issue I had was some glitches that forced me to restart from a previous checkpoint. It's strange considering it's such a linear game.

I think i'll have to give it a high score since the game is very cheap to get now and it's really a fun play.

7/10
I constantly play battlefron 2 multiplayer, thats the real part of the game, single player was just an extra feature in my opinion, you can easy feel that they just forced the multiplayer gameplay into the single player campaign

I suggest you to play multiplayer and try the different mode, it's one of the best multiplayer game i played

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
SPIDERMAN (PS4)

After a year and a half, I too picked up Spiderman and wow - did I love this game. After completing Horizon Zero Dawn (which was great), Spiderman was a breath of fresh air. Spending so long in HZD made me feel a little bit lonely after a while, but Spiderman keeps you engaged with characters, enemies, and a great story.

The pacing of the game play was was so touted for so long lived up to the hype. Spiderman successfully did what The Arkham series did for Batman. It created a relatable version of Spiderman. In battle and traversal, you felt like Spiderman and that felt great. It is addictive to swing through the streets of Manhattan (almost to scale) and leap in to a group of enemies. Even when the missions get samey, it never feels bad playing as Spiderman. I almost didn't want to stop playing even after Platinuming the game, but I am glad I did. I look forward to the eventual PS5 sequel and beyond!

My rating - 10/10 - Perfect.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Red Dead Redemption/Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare: 9/10

Wow. What a fantastic game this was. This is a gaming experience that will stay with me forever.

I got so immersed in the world of Red Dead and I really didn't want the game to end. It was full of the usual Rockstar charm, wit and humour. Side quests were fun and interesting, the little in-game challenges were a good incentive to try different things and were never dull. Come to think of it, I was never bored with this game at all. John Marston is such a compelling, intriguing character and that ending... I was expecting something like that to happen, but my god, I was so sad to be right.

Amazing game. Can't wait to play Red Dead Redemption 2.
I miss playing Red Dead Redemption, especially Undead Nightmare. Like The Last of Us, it had a really fun multiplayer mode during its heyday.

Can’t wait to hear what you think of RDR2! I didn’t think I could love Arthur more than John but damn RockStar really pulled it off, IMO. The game is a masterpiece and made me cry multiple times.

Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PS4 Pro) VR
I'm not really big into the VR thing, but I have it and Astro Bot was a nice play.

7/10

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I recently finished the first Bioshock. So much fun. The twist was unexpected. And I look forward to playing the rest of the series now!

8/10 - Really enjoyed it. Still felt a little bit unpolished. But that added to the charm really. Might feel different if I played it when it first came out.

D

Deleted member 21244

I recently finished the first Bioshock. So much fun. The twist was unexpected. And I look forward to playing the rest of the series now!

8/10 - Really enjoyed it. Still felt a little bit unpolished. But that added to the charm really. Might feel different if I played it when it first came out.
Yeah i played it back than, and graphic looked awesome and beautiful when it was released, gameplay was awesome too, it was really an amazing game...
Maybe the only negative thing even than was the environment, it's a bit repetitive in the end

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Days Gone - 9/10

Wow. Just wow.

I started Days Gone as a casual game to tide me over until the release of RE3 Remake and The Last of Us Part II. Having recently played Red Dead Redemption, I also didn't plan to get into a huge game again anytime soon. I booted up the game.... and I got hooked.

I'm not going to spoil too much in this review and I'm going to keep it quite brief, but man, this game is incredible. It takes inspiration from so many different games (Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, I even got Tomb Raider vibes), and yet is it's own entity entirely. I think the fact that I only expected to have a casual interest in this game made it all the better, because it was so unexpected to be completely immersed in this rich, vibrant world.

There are a wide range of enemies, infected and not, and some very interesting groups of people that have banded together to fight to survive. There are so many characters that stand out in this world and each is as intriguing and unique as the next. The story is a rollercoaster ride, with multiple strand interweaving around each other, and small things that happen early on in the game come to the forefront later on. In my opinion, it's extremely well written, thought out and paced. Traversing the open world never got dull to me, and there was plenty to do and collect outside of the main story as well.

With everything that there is to do in this game, it's no surprise that it's so incredibly long, but yet it doesn't feel like it dragged. I loved every second of it, and I'm so happy that I still have some things to finish off so that I can spend a little bit longer in this world. Of course, the game wasn't perfect - there are some glitches that are a little jarring at times. But honestly, if anyone asked me if they should play this game, I would absolutely recommend it with utmost enthusiasm. It's amazing.

I can sum up my feelings about this game quite simply - I loved it as much as I loved The Last of Us. Anyone who knows me knows that that is one of my all-time favourite games, so that is high praise indeed. I want more people to play this game so that I can freak out about it with them! (And yes, that Days Gone related pun was totally intended :wink:). Seriously, if you like open world, zombie apocalypse games, you should play Days Gone. It's awesome.

Last edited:

Mr.R

Days Gone - 9/10

Wow. Just wow.

I started Days Gone as a casual game to tide me over until the release of RE3 Remake and The Last of Us Part II. Having recently played Red Dead Redemption, I also didn't plan to get into a huge game again anytime soon. I booted up the game.... and I got hooked.

I'm not going to spoil too much in this review and I'm going to keep it quite brief, but man, this game is incredible. It takes inspiration from so many different games (Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, I even got Tomb Raider vibes), and yet is it's own entity entirely. I think the fact that I only expected to have a casual interest in this game made it all the better, because it was so unexpected to be completely immersed in this rich, vibrant world.

There are a wide range of enemies, infected and not, and some very interesting groups of people that have banded together to fight to survive. There are so many characters that stand out in this world and each is as intriguing and unique as the next. The story is a rollercoaster ride, with multiple strand interweaving around each other, and small things that happen early on in the game come to the forefront later on. In my opinion, it's extremely well written, thought out and paced. Traversing the open world never got dull to me, and there was plenty to do and collect outside of the main story as well.

With everything that there is to do in this game, it's no surprise that it's so incredibly long, but yet it doesn't feel like it dragged. I loved every second of it, and I'm so happy that I still have some things to finish off so that I can spend a little bit longer in this world. Of course, the game wasn't perfect - there are some glitches that are a little jarring at times. But honestly, if anyone asked me if they should play this game, I would absolutely recommend it with utmost enthusiasm. It's amazing.

I can sum up my feelings about this game quite simply - I loved it as much as I loved The Last of Us. Anyone who knows me knows that that is one of my all-time favourite games, so that is high praise indeed. I want more people to play this game so that I can freak out about it with them! (And yes, that Days Gone related pun was totally intended :wink:). Seriously, if you like open world, zombie apocalypse games, you should play Days Gone. It's awesome.

I was about to give a review to this game, but Jen said pretty much everything I felt. Just gonna add a few takes of mine into it: This game was good enough to keep me hooked despite being an open world game (I'm not the greatest fan of open world games, especially because most of them seems to drag along, especially in the side quests department, because they normally get repetitive). It was cool to strategize and prepare to big fights or hordes, or debating myself if I should do something in the daylight or during nightime (there are pros and cons in each) and things like that.

I'll say that the only thing that REALLY bothered me about this game was the freaking item wheel. It's horrible. Especially during tense moments, half of the time the item selected don't get equipped and the item wheel itself was cumbersome and not intuitive to work with, especially on submenus or when you need to craft something on a hurry. I want to end this on a high note though, so I'll follow Jen up and recommend this one. Even if you're like me, more leaned to linear games, I'm sure you'll find some enjoyment on Days Gone.

PS: Boozer is the best character. Just saying.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'll say that the only thing that REALLY bothered me about this game was the freaking item wheel. It's horrible. Especially during tense moments, half of the time the item selected don't get equipped and the item wheel itself was cumbersome and not intuitive to work with, especially on submenus or when you need to craft something on a hurry.
I know what you mean about the inventory wheel. At least when you use it it's in slow motion so you have time to scroll, but a couple of times I did rush and use an item I didn't mean to. I got used to making sure I was on the right item eventually, but yeah, it was a bit of a pain to get used to.

Awebb

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

This game has one of the most realistic and detailed game worlds I've ever seen. Every tree, bush and flower can be recognized if you know their real world counterparts. The map really looks like some English town and not like a game map. The stories are interesting and the atmosphere is great, although I felt let down by the conclusion of the story.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I finished Shadow of War last night. I ended up enoying it a lot. But it was too long for it's own good. I ended up skipping scenes and dialogue (which I never do) and missed some pretty big story points because I just wanted to finish the game. It could be the looming presence of RE3 and FF7 Remakes coming out in April, but I wanted to desperately finish Shadow of War in order to cram another game in between now and April 3rd.

The gameplay is solid and is even better than in the Shadow of Mordor installation. And the orcs are just as fun if not better. The Nemesis System is still so good. I could enjoy it in any other series just as much. But Shadow of War has a bad map and hard to navigate menus in comparison to a lot of newer games. I just gave up on collecting certain items because in the 5 regions the game gives you, there is no indicator where the missing collectibles are. Frustrating. And after a while, the game play becomes monotonous. Luckily, there are dozens of ways to kill an enemy if you're motivated to try it out.

Overall, I would give Shadow of War an 8. Still fun. Super recommendable if you like LOTR or Arkham Style games. Marginally recommendable if you like regular old video games.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Ok, so it wasn't a full game, but...

Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo 8/10

I must preface this by saying the only Final Fantasy I have actually played is Final Fantasy XV so I didn't have any preexisting biases for or against earlier games. That being said, I appreciate that they kept the combat from XV since it is hard for me to stay interested in games with Turn by Turn combat (except for Pokemon for some reason). Cloud is also really easy on the eyes lol. I really hope this game has the option for multiplayer so my husband can team up with me. I like having the option to switch between characters but I don't like being required to. Anyway, as a pretty fresh Final Fantasy player, I enjoyed the demo and will probably pick up the game upon it's release.

Awebb

I appreciate that they kept the combat from XV since it is hard for me to stay interested in games with Turn by Turn combat

I'm glad they didn't keep the FF XV combat and instead made something awesome. The FF7 remake plays like the game Square wanted to make every time they made something with combat that looks like real time but really is ATB + walk around. I haven't enjoyed an FF game (or Kingdom Hearts) for the mechanics in a long time, but this time it looks like I'll be playing a game for the sake of the game again.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I can't wait to play it. April is going to be a SUPER busy month. As a seasoned FF player, I look forward to reliving the story with modern accouterments.

I Platinumed FF15 and have played/beaten almost all other FF games in the series, but it is actually kind of hard to disappoint me, so looks like I will be having fun. haha

1995umk3

Killer Instinct 2 - MIDWAY GAMES 1996 [Jago in white ninja suit] 10/10

The FF series are a strange one to me... when I first played 7 in the 90s I thought that was the FIRST FF game even if it said "7" I never even played FF1,2,3,4,5,6.

It was a strange experience indeed.. as this was the first RPG game I ever played and I was already playing crash bandicoot, twisted metal, RE :D, tekken, mortal kombat, mario games, starfox, golden eye, tony hawk, hexen at the time.

It was really different... the mako energy stuff.

Last edited:

Awebb

I think FF7 was the first time an FF title was released in my region and it was the first JRPG I played with a turn based combat system. In fact, the ATB semi-turn based system and the ability to target friends and foes alike with almost everything kind of ruined the genre foe me. It wasn't until years later that I started to enjoy games like Shin Megami Tensei, because of the way FF7 primed my expectations.

1995umk3

Super mario rpg - legend of the seven stars 1996.

8/10 Would of got a 10 if the level cap wasn't at 30 & it has a limit to how much items you can carry. But it's a good RPG that I havn't finished yet untill today.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Spyro III: Year of the Dragon - Reignited 7/10
I got Spyro Reignited Trilogy day 1, and within a week 100% completed Spryo 1 and 2...I started Spyro III but...eh. it's the game I had the least nostalgia for. So in time, other games took hold. That said, I wanted to go back and say I've beat them all, 100%. Plus, I'd only be the original Spyro III once, as opposed to the COUNTLESS times I'd beat the first two. So I knew I absolutely had to beat it now. Anyway, my opinion may be biased here but...The levels just aren't as memorable, and the overworlds don't stand out much either. The new Characters are great personality wise...but gameplay? Are a snooze fest compared to Spyro. The final boss is also a boring fight compared to Gnast Gnorc and Ripto. However, Hunter's relationship with Bianca, and the Sparx levels are just as fantastic as ever. I definitely enjoyed my playthrough of it. Hell, enough to play it again. But...still not as much as the first two. 7/10

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Spyro III: Year of the Dragon - Reignited 8/10
I got Spyro Reignited Trilogy day 1, and within a week 100% completed Spryo 1 and 2...I started Spyro III but...eh. it's the game I had the least nostalgia for. So in time, other games took hold. That said, I wanted to go back and say I've beat them all, 100%. Plus, I'd only be the original Spyro III once, as opposed to the COUNTLESS times I'd beat the first two. So I knew I absolutely had to beat it now. Anyway, my opinion may be biased here but...The levels just aren't as memorable, and the overworlds don't stand out much either. The new Characters are great personality wise...but gameplay? Are a snooze fest compared to Spyro. The final boss is also a boring fight compared to Gnast Gnorc and Ripto. However, Hunter's relationship with Bianca, and the Sparx levels are just as fantastic as ever. I definitely enjoyed my playthrough of it. Hell, enough to play it again. But...still not as much as the first two. 7/10

So, which score is it, Harvey Dent? :lol:

I was hooked on the first one and platinumed it, but just never picked it up to play through the other ones. I kind of got the impression the series just kind of got worse as it went on from reviews I've seen. I never played any of the games before and the only memory I have of Spyro is the demo for the first one I used to play on one of those original Playstation demo discs. I did eventually want to get through them, but I have heard part 3 isn't really that good either.

Top Bottom