• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

D

Deleted member 21244

I didn't play Sekiro but I watched Distortion2 speed run it in 20 some odd minutes which was crazy. I also watched a full playthrough though. I looked really cool, just not for me.
Yeah it's an amazing game, but you had to like those type of game... If find it more harder on the first hour but it became more "easy" after you understand how to play it and unlock moves and than you are gonna love it

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am pleased to announce that I have come past the harder sections of the early game of Nioh and am currently in the second World. You all may just see a review out of me yet!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Luigi's Mansion 3 - 9/10

I adored the first Luigi's Mansion and enjoyed the second, and I was very excited after the trailers for the third instalment. This game definitely did not disappoint. It was full of charm, gameplay was more diverse and it was just an all-round fun experience. It was great.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So I haven't completely finished it - I've finished story mode but not all the side quests - but I rate God of War 2018 pretty high up there.

I enjoyed the fact that Kratos endured the fall of Greek mythology and survived to build a new life in the land of Norse mythology. After all Kratos has been through I find this to be a natural progression for him.

The gameplay is excellent and the setting of the game is just beautiful. I love the way they wove Kratos into what we know of Norse mythology. Even though certain aspects had to be changed to fit with the story, I feel like the gamemakers tried to be as faithful as possible to the source material.

My main gripe with the game is the new RPG set up.

It can be argued that God of War always had a toe nail in RPG territory however they really ramped it up in this game. The menu is expansive and makes you choose different types of armor and pommels for your weapons, gives you the ability to craft new armor at workshops and upgrade your armor and your weapons with in game currency and special items found throughout before rounding things out nicely with a skill tree.

I have to be honest: this kind of thing is not my forte and not something I enjoy in games. I grin and bear this kind of stuff in games I really like but it's not my first choice or even in my top ten. I know some people enjoy things like that and that's fine but it's not my cup of tea and I feel like it eats up time I could be spending on side quests and finishing the story mode.

God of War was a hack and slash and I miss the simplicity of that.

I also miss my red orbs.

That being said, I have nothing else to critique regarding the game. (Except maybe Atreus's attitude on occasion.) The gameplay and Kratos's character development were both on point and I can't wait for another installment. There are so many different places they could take the series after this!

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this game and give it an 8.5/10.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I loved God Of War so much. I think the level they matured the story and characters was amazing and kind of shocking considering the low brow content of the original trilogy. But yeah - it is a different game. The simplicity of the older versions is gone which is somewhat of a pity.

I had a rather long argument on a gaming forum about how much I liked the new Kratos... and a lot of the older series fanboys kept saying things like, "This F*****t isn't even Kratos! The series sucks!" And that was a tough day for me. haha

D

Deleted member 21244

I loved God Of War so much. I think the level they matured the story and characters was amazing and kind of shocking considering the low brow content of the original trilogy. But yeah - it is a different game. The simplicity of the older versions is gone which is somewhat of a pity.

I had a rather long argument on a gaming forum about how much I liked the new Kratos... and a lot of the older series fanboys kept saying things like, "This F*****t isn't even Kratos! The series sucks!" And that was a tough day for me. haha
I find the new Kratos amazing, I like him more than the original always anger and yelling Kratos, this is more mature and more developed in my opinion, and I'm one of the older fanboy XD played all the God of war game since the first game out.. But I had to get use to atreus yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld

I honestly feel like this Kratos is still old Kratos just a bit wiser. Like I said: the progression felt super natural. He completed his quest for vengeance, found new love and created a new family with a wife who - from what I gather in game - seems to have understood our boy very well.

Let's not forget that Kratos is a God. Despite some opinions that the game is only twelve or so years after the original trilogy and prequels, I feel like it's more realistic to believe that this game takes place a couple hundred years later. That's a lot of time to sit and think about who you've been, the choices you've made and who you'd like to become.

I love new Kratos, mainly because I can see old Kratos still in there. Our boy is all grown up. *Wipes tears*

D

Deleted member 21244

Just finished marvel spider man, good and funny game, emotional boss battle and ending, it was better than far from home, a 8. 5 out of 10

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yes, I SUPER loved the character progression of Kratos. I think it creates great moments in storytelling through the game. I think his personality as a wiser, stoic, and harsh father figure players well with Atreus' moments of curiosity, playfulness, and then downright bratiness. Our boy is indeed, *wipes a second tear*, all grown up!

I am getting Spiderman for X-mas. Will let you know how I feel about it in January!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Played the original God of War yesterday because of all the feels the new one gave me and I gotta say, I still love it. The game has aged phenomenally despite the PS2 in game graphics and the cutscenes were still do clear and beautiful.

I don't think anything will ever top getting behind the wheel as Kratos for the first time and going up against the Gods of Olympus.

I have to say, though, that going back to the new one to complete side quests served to prove that they only improved the gameplay with the changes they made. (Still hate the RPG menu.) Usually when I go back to an older game before returning to the new I feel like there's something lacking in the new version that makes the old one far superior.

Not so with God of War 2018. I felt like both were very evenly matched, keeping in mind the limitations of technology in 2005.

I just really love this series and can't wait to see what they do next.

I did hear an unconfirmed rumour that the original plan was to have Kratos, along with the Norse God of War and the Egyptian God of War, destroy their respective pantheons and end up as the three wise men in the Bible.

With the set up the newest one gives us, I highly doubt this will come to pass even if by some chance the idea was actually kicked around by the studio, but it does make me wonder if Kratos will end up in the Bible eventually.

D

Deleted member 21244

Played the original God of War yesterday because of all the feels the new one gave me and I gotta say, I still love it. The game has aged phenomenally despite the PS2 in game graphics and the cutscenes were still do clear and beautiful.

I don't think anything will ever top getting behind the wheel as Kratos for the first time and going up against the Gods of Olympus.

I have to say, though, that going back to the new one to complete side quests served to prove that they only improved the gameplay with the changes they made. (Still hate the RPG menu.) Usually when I go back to an older game before returning to the new I feel like there's something lacking in the new version that makes the old one far superior.

Not so with God of War 2018. I felt like both were very evenly matched, keeping in mind the limitations of technology in 2005.

I just really love this series and can't wait to see what they do next.

I did hear an unconfirmed rumour that the original plan was to have Kratos, along with the Norse God of War and the Egyptian God of War, destroy their respective pantheons and end up as the three wise men in the Bible.

With the set up the newest one gives us, I highly doubt this will come to pass even if by some chance the idea was actually kicked around by the studio, but it does make me wonder if Kratos will end up in the Bible eventually.
Yeah the original plan for god of war 3 was to fighting the other mithology, the creator of the series David Jaffe confirmed it... It was his plan to do so but didn't end up doing the game...

The game was going to start as the final version whit Kratos fighting the olimpian gods but than reached Zeus and killed him, the death of Zeus would have opened a portal and would have freed the other good mithology, than Kratos would have used portal to travel to the other realm like Egypt to fight other gods...
I think that some idea went into this new God of war like the fact that you can use portal to travel to other realm

You can read all of this hear, there is even an interview whit David Jaffe, click on David Jaffe cut plot
https://godofwar.fandom.com/wiki/God_of_War_III

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That series has had a lot of edits and changes as time has gone on. Their initial idea for God Of War (2018) was to have killed off Kratos and having a different God of War. Then they had a version with no Atreus. But they landed in a great spot. I am looking forward to what they are currently calling God Of War II. I dislike the reboot naming, but hey, excited for the game! haha

D

Deleted member 21244

That series has had a lot of edits and changes as time has gone on. Their initial idea for God Of War (2018) was to have killed off Kratos and having a different God of War. Then they had a version with no Atreus. But they landed in a great spot. I am looking forward to what they are currently calling God Of War II. I dislike the reboot naming, but hey, excited for the game! haha
Why they are calling it reboot? They didn't rebooted the story or anything, the game are all Canon

Turo602

The King of Kings
Why they are calling it reboot? They didn't rebooted the story or anything, the game are all Canon

It's a soft reboot. Like how Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 7 are soft reboots. They completely changed the direction of the series, and although previous entries are still canon, it's a fresh jumping in point for players. Meaning you don't need prior knowledge of the series to understand the game.

D

Deleted member 21244

It's a soft reboot. Like how Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 7 are soft reboots. They completely changed the direction of the series, and although previous entries are still canon, it's a fresh jumping in point for players. Meaning you don't need prior knowledge of the series to understand the game.
Thanks for the information, I was a bit confused about the fact that everyone call it reboot

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD (Xbox One)
Have this for the Wii also, got the HD remake today and couldn't pull myself away. Sure not as great as the gamecube originals but this was a fun little play. It's already heavily disscounted in many places so i'd say pick it up ^^

7/10

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (PS4 pro)
After just starting to get into the star wars franchise with the madalorian series I wanted to dive into this game since it has gotten such positive reviews. I'll admit I was skeptic since it's an EA published game.. Imagine my surprise when half way through the game I was enjoying myself so much I couldn't help but think this is one of the best adventure games i've played this generation period!

People compare this to the Uncharted and Souls series, I have never played one of those souls games but I guess I can see the similarities, uncharted however.. I'd say this is way better than the uncharted series plattforming and puzzle solving bits.. I never totally got to grips with the counter system it was a bit wonky for me.

Only real complaint is that towards the end some strange but often funny glitches happen, i.e NPC in cutscenes spawned 2 character models at one point..

In my opinion a must play, and no you don't have to be invested in the star wars franchise to love this title

9/10

Last edited:

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles

It's a very fun spinoff IMO and I absolutely loved the retelling sections, especially RE2. They portrayed Claire very well here and she's my favourite character in this game.

The main story section of this game is ok, nothing that special. Leon is decent, ( A lot better than how he behaves in Degeneration and Vendetta; that's for sure. ) the new Manuela character who's infected with T-Veronica is cool and I like how the game explores Krauser and makes it connect well to RE4. ( Really wished this happened in RE4 though but whatever. ) Manuela's father is kinda a generic villain but I liked his mutation. Not a big fan of how Krauser's special episodes are unnecessarily difficult though. Moving on...

RE2 section is awesome and it's my favourite part in the game. I infinitely prefer it over RE2 Remake, especially storywise which is better than that game. Loved the cutscene where Claire talks with Sherry in the security room.

RECV section is great overall; again Claire is awesome here as well, Steve is slightly better here compared to RECV ( Though I never really hated Steve; I thought he was fine. ) along with other cool things. I didn't like the change with Alexia's personality though and I don't like how the game doesn't show us a confrontation between Chris and Wesker like in RECV. Other than that; I overall liked it.

For the general thoughts of this game; one thing that really bothered me is how shaky camera is. It sometimes makes aiming difficult.

7,5/10

Top Bottom