• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

1995umk3

Resident Evil 2 (1998) For The Sony Playstation 1 (1994 Since This Console Came From Japan And First Launched There)

Leon 2nd Scenario. No Infinite Weapons & No Auto-Aim.

Game Rating 10/10

I got a faster time then my other one, and probably the fastest I can ever do.

4543.png

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I finally finished Detroit: Become Human.

Wow - the level of customization in story at the end of the game is unbelievable. This is the kind of game I have wanted in these choice driven story games all along. I can't believe that if I play this game again, I could have a COMPLETELY different ending. Not even like some characters are alive and some are not - like - the final scenarios are completely different. I had a lot of fun. This is probably the ultimate David Cage game (tied with Heavy Rain.)

I would give the game a 9.5/10 because it is just like playing a GREAT movie.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I finally finished Detroit: Become Human.

Wow - the level of customization in story at the end of the game is unbelievable. This is the kind of game I have wanted in these choice driven story games all along. I can't believe that if I play this game again, I could have a COMPLETELY different ending. Not even like some characters are alive and some are not - like - the final scenarios are completely different. I had a lot of fun. This is probably the ultimate David Cage game (tied with Heavy Rain.)

I would give the game a 9.5/10 because it is just like playing a GREAT movie.
I agree, the game is massive and it's just so much fun to replay and immerse yourself into the different storylines. Even though they failed miserably with their political symbolism, the game is still incredibly well-acted and beautiful. The game also has a huge fan base which is telling by its success - you know you've achieved something when people start cosplaying.

I really hope they make a sequel.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I HATE replaying games within the same year. (I made an exception for RE2 REmake because it was so good) - but I AM thinking about playing Detroit again. I got the best ending as far as I can see - but I'd be glad to watch the dark ending too. Just ****ing kill everyone. haha

Jonipoon

I HATE replaying games within the same year. (I made an exception for RE2 REmake because it was so good) - but I AM thinking about playing Detroit again. I got the best ending as far as I can see - but I'd be glad to watch the dark ending too. Just ****ing kill everyone. haha
Yeah, the only games I can remember making exceptions for are RE1 remake, RE2 remake, The Last of Us, and Detroit: Become Human. I never replayed games within the same year when I was younger, so it seems to be something I've started doing lately.

I actually got one of the less "good" endings, but that depends on what you perceive as "good". The game unambiguously wants you to act in a certain way because its an allegory of the Civil rights movement (and a terrible one, at that). Which is why the game fails with its political themes, the main reason being that robot rights are completely different from minority rights.

The saving grace of the game is definitely the relationship between Connor and Hank. Most of their dialogue was also vastly improvised, which says a lot about David Cage's writing abilities.

The reason why I got one of the less "good" endings was because I decided to kill Markus. I strongly disliked the idea of Connor not being able to make a decision for himself, it was either "slave to the humans" or "ultra rebel". Connor's character was the most interesting and it didn't make sense for him to become a ultra rebel in 1 second. There was no built up for it either, the game just expects you to go with it because "its the right thing to do".

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I completely agree with your spoiler synopsis - that decision felt forced and there were alternate options I would have preferred. But...

I ended up siding with Markus. I couldn't justify killing him when I had spent so much time with him and the rest of Jericho. I wanted to see all of the endings and I figured if I killed Markus, there could be no final resolution for the Jericho side. I am glad I had Connor become a deviant. But at the same time, I don't see why Connor couldn't become deviant AND arrest Markus. Why did becoming a deviant change his mission to that degree? I got to keep everyone alive, but the forced decisions were a little harsh. Next time I go through, I have to kill Markus and... find a way to ensure that Kara and Alice don't get captured. haha

Jonipoon

I completely agree with your spoiler synopsis - that decision felt forced and there were alternate options I would have preferred. But...

I ended up siding with Markus. I couldn't justify killing him when I had spent so much time with him and the rest of Jericho. I wanted to see all of the endings and I figured if I killed Markus, there could be no final resolution for the Jericho side. I am glad I had Connor become a deviant. But at the same time, I don't see why Connor couldn't become deviant AND arrest Markus. Why did becoming a deviant change his mission to that degree? I got to keep everyone alive, but the forced decisions were a little harsh. Next time I go through, I have to kill Markus and... find a way to ensure that Kara and Alice don't get captured. haha
Yes, exactly.

I really wanted the option of becoming a deviant but still arresting Markus and shutting down Jericho, because that would've been exactly the thing a "human" Connor would do. But all the deviants in the game, ironically, act like blind soldiers with no personal opinions to the big cause. Literally the only "option" you have is if you want your revolution to be peaceful or violent, but that has nothing to do with the basic idea behind the revolution. Another ridiculous aspect is the way Markus "converts" androids to his cause - He just touches them and says "You're free" and they immediately begin to follow him without question - Even androids in the store whom hasn't even interacted with the so-called "evil human masters" yet! There's nothing "free" about that.

I don't know about you, but personally I couldn't stand Markus. He is such a boring and bland character, which makes all of speech lines come off as quite generic. One thing the game completely overlooks is the fact that Markus was living quite the good and privileged life as Carl's butler before. I don't think Carl ever abused Markus, quite the contrary it seems like he almost treated him like his son in some way. Why the hell did such an android become the leader of a deviant uprising? How can someone like Markus relate to someone like North, a sex android whom has probably endured real abuse from humans? I would've much preferred if North was the protagonist instead, at least then it would make sense for her to be angry at the humans.

Another thing that made me upset was the reveal that Alice was an android the whole time. I really hated that idea, it would've been much more symbolic if Alice actually was a real human because it would show that humans and androids could live in harmony together and love each other. Their whole relationship in the game was built upon trust - so why the hell did they ruin that beautiful bond between man and machine.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yes, exactly.

I really wanted the option of becoming a deviant but still arresting Markus and shutting down Jericho, because that would've been exactly the thing a "human" Connor would do. But all the deviants in the game, ironically, act like blind soldiers with no personal opinions to the big cause. Literally the only "option" you have is if you want your revolution to be peaceful or violent, but that has nothing to do with the basic idea behind the revolution. Another ridiculous aspect is the way Markus "converts" androids to his cause - He just touches them and says "You're free" and they immediately begin to follow him without question - Even androids in the store whom hasn't even interacted with the so-called "evil human masters" yet! There's nothing "free" about that.

I don't know about you, but personally I couldn't stand Markus. He is such a boring and bland character, which makes all of speech lines come off as quite generic. One thing the game completely overlooks is the fact that Markus was living quite the good and privileged life as Carl's butler before. I don't think Carl ever abused Markus, quite the contrary it seems like he almost treated him like his son in some way. Why the hell did such an android become the leader of a deviant uprising? How can someone like Markus relate to someone like North, a sex android whom has probably endured real abuse from humans? I would've much preferred if North was the protagonist instead, at least then it would make sense for her to be angry at the humans.

Another thing that made me upset was the reveal that Alice was an android the whole time. I really hated that idea, it would've been much more symbolic if Alice actually was a real human because it would show that humans and androids could live in harmony together and love each other. Their whole relationship in the game was built upon trust - so why the hell did they ruin that beautiful bond between man and machine.

I feel like we had a very similar experience when it came to the thought processes behind the ambitions of these androids. I am going to spend a few minutes reading the reviews for the game to see if reviewers felt like certain parts of the story were forced. But I suppose they had an ending in mind and needed a way to get there, so forced our decisions a little bit. Yikes.

On a DIFFERENT Note - I just finished Outlast 2 since it was the free PS game for November. That was literally the most terrified I have ever been in a game. The game was fun, but man - did they spend their precious time trying to pack as many horror tropes in to a single experience as possible. Everything is designed to induce fear and uneasiness. The game couldn't even pace itself. You have brief moments of safety, but you never can tell if you're really safe because the sound design ALWAYS has some sort of creature breathing in your ear even if they're not around.

The camera mechanics were brilliant and added to the horror and panic to a HUGE degree. But the game is too narrow in scope. It pushes you from one part of the game to the next with reckless abandon. It is a ton of fun (if extreme violence and religious themes don't bother you), but it feels like an unfinished game. It could be slightly bigger with a little less pushing you around. But man, if you want to be scared, this is the game for you. Especially if your sick fiancee is on the couch behind you and every now and then makes a coughing noise to make you jump!

Overall, I'd give the game a 7.8. Probably won't play the game again, but it was QUITE the time.

D

Deleted member 21244

Death stranding, one of the greatest game ever... Probably not everyone will like its type of gameplay, but I love it and it never bores me, story is amazing as well as music atmosphere and graphic... 10 out of 10 and deserve to become the game of th year as well as game of the generation

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Death stranding, one of the greatest game ever... Probably not everyone will like its type of gameplay, but I love it and it never bores me, story is amazing as well as music atmosphere and graphic... 10 out of 10 and deserve to become the game of th year as well as game of the generation

I'm currently playing this and loving every moment of it. I haven't finished yet though, because I'm trying to get a fairly complete run on my first go (getting all links to 5 stars, etc). Even still, having not even finished, I think it deserves GOTY.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I finished playing Terminator Resistance, it's the only western made game released in 2019 that I played and enjoyed.

I'd give it a 7/10, no masterpiece, but a great time for a fan of the first 2 movies.

Bonus points for having drop dead gorgeous female characters, which is unheard of for western made games in current year as all women in western made games look like people Austin Powers would punch in the face and yank on their hair.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
To those who have played Death Stranding (I am waiting for a price drop) - I heard a lot of the game is like a glorified Walking Simulator. I have heard good and bad. But you guys seem to really be enjoying it. Is the Walking Simulator comparison accurate?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
X-Men Legends gets a 10/10 from me.

I've been going back and playing the old X-Men games and I just finished X-Men Legends for the millionth time but it never gets old. I honestly love everything about it and wish that everyone hadn't gotten so sidetracked when Marvel Ultimate Alliance came out so that maybe the powers that be would have seen fit to give us another Legends game.

Not that I don't love the MUA games, it's just that Legends was my first love. Wish they would take the time to update these for current consoles like they did with MUA.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
To those who have played Death Stranding (I am waiting for a price drop) - I heard a lot of the game is like a glorified Walking Simulator. I have heard good and bad. But you guys seem to really be enjoying it. Is the Walking Simulator comparison accurate?

There is a lot of walking involved, especially early in the game but it has almost an instant gratification system which, admittedly I'm all about heh. Eventually you get better gear and vehicles and you have several antagonists to deal with from hostile human (MULEs) to supernatural (BTs) to people like you with DOOMS (basically a kind of supernatural ability to sense BTs and chirilium (both of which are bad).

Sam and his story are definitely mysterious enough to keep me interested in the story and even though you're not supposed to, I have found myself attached to my BB (the baby in the tank).

I also love the fact that the multiplayer but simultaneously not multiplayer focuses exclusively on positive interaction and helping each other and it makes for a real sense of teamwork even though you never actually see the people you're helping.

Overall, yes, you are delivering packages, but it's also about coming together in the face of hardship and helping each other. I really like it. And I think I'm only halfway through the story.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm currently playing this and loving every moment of it. I haven't finished yet though, because I'm trying to get a fairly complete run on my first go (getting all links to 5 stars, etc). Even still, having not even finished, I think it deserves GOTY.
The walking simulator title l its just a moke by people who hate the game, yeah there is a lot of walking in the game but it's extremely fun and beautiful, there are many many things to do and many way to play the game... The story is stunning and beautiful, the ending is amazing and will remain as one of the best cutscene ever made in history, the multiplayer and construction gameplay is well done and fun...

The walking simulator title is only given by people who didn't play the game... It's like calling the resident evil series the shooting zombie simulator, yeah you shoot zombie but it's just stupid and unfair calling it like this, because the story and gameplay is deeper than that, you didn't only shoot zombie... only stupid people will call death stranding walking simulator

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
The walking simulator title l its just a moke by people who hate the game, yeah there is a lot of walking in the game but it's extremely fun and beautiful, there are many many things to do and many way to play the game... The story is stunning and beautiful, the ending is amazing and will remain as one of the best cutscene ever made in history, the multiplayer and construction gameplay is well done and fun...

The walking simulator title is only given by people who didn't play the game... It's like calling the resident evil series the shooting zombie simulator, yeah you shoot zombie but it's just stupid and unfair calling it like this, because the story and gameplay is deeper than that, you didn't only shoot zombie... only stupid people will call death stranding walking simulator

Reviewers are the ones who called it a walking simulator...

D

Deleted member 21244

Reviewers are the ones who called it a walking simulator...
they didn't understand the game than, I don't remember reading review that called it walking simulator and I read dozen of review , source please.. Try the game for yourself and finish it f if you didn't, you ll find out that people who say that it's a walking simulator are completely wrong...

Turo602

The King of Kings
they didn't understand the game than, I don't remember reading review that called it walking simulator... Try the game for yourself and finish it f if you didn't, you ll find out that people who say that it's a walking simulator are completely wrong...

Didn't you say reviewers know more about games than everyone else? Besides, there's an entire issue regarding reviewers and Death Stranding that has gotten some controversy. People calling it a walking/package delivery sim, saying it's boring, but then going on to give it high scores. I have no intention of trying the game anymore. I've seen and heard enough and it's not for me. But I think it's unfair to say that only people who haven't played the game have called it a walking simulator because that's not true.

D

Deleted member 21244

Didn't you say reviewers know more about games than everyone else? Besides, there's an entire issue regarding reviewers and Death Stranding that has gotten some controversy. People calling it a walking/package delivery sim, saying it's boring, but then going on to give it high scores. I have no intention of trying the game anymore. I've seen and heard enough and it's not for me. But I think it's unfair to say that only people who haven't played the game have called it a walking simulator because that's not true.
I m 80 hours into the game and it's neither boring nor a walking simulator, yeah you have right some who play the game call it walking simulator and yeah there is walking in the game, but it's not a walking simulator, since you drive, you shoot, you do stealth, you upgrade gear, you costumize most things, you can create gear and environments... Play the game than you can talk about it...

Top Bottom