• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
The best thing I heard when deciding on purchasing Death Stranding (after having looked forward to it for years and then seeing the bad reviews, putting me off) was said by one of the Twitch streamers I watch while he played. He basically said if you want to play Death Stranding, forget about the reviews because you don't really know if the person who made that review likes the games that you like. Instead, talk to people you know that have the same interests in games that you do (in this case, the streamer is interested in all the same games that I am), and if they like it, you probably will to. And he was definitely right. It is true that Death Stranding is a very niche game, but for those who are willing to step outside the box, it is a great experience. So, Uniq, I would figure out who you know or watch that has similar gaming interests and see what that think.

D

Deleted member 21244

The best thing I heard when deciding on purchasing Death Stranding (after having looked forward to it for years and then seeing the bad reviews, putting me off) was said by one of the Twitch streamers I watch while he played. He basically said if you want to play Death Stranding, forget about the reviews because you don't really know if the person who made that review likes the games that you like. Instead, talk to people you know that have the same interests in games that you do (in this case, the streamer is interested in all the same games that I am), and if they like it, you probably will to. And he was definitely right. It is true that Death Stranding is a very niche game, but for those who are willing to step outside the box, it is a great experience. So, Uniq, I would figure out who you know or watch that has similar gaming interests and see what that think.
I think that people should simply play game for themself to understand if they like It or not... Infact I never get influenced by review or friends, I just buy the game and give my opinion on it... By playing death stranding I also find out that reviews were wrong about many aspect of the Game, or they did completely hommit some part of gameplay, some negative aspect were completely positive while positive aspect were negative... So I suggest to just simply play the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
I m 80 hours into the game and it's neither boring nor a walking simulator, yeah you have right some who play the game call it walking simulator and yeah there is walking in the game, but it's not a walking simulator, since you drive, you shoot, you do stealth, you upgrade gear, you costumize most things, you can create gear and environments... Play the game than you can talk about it...

I don't need to play the game to be able to say that people who have played the game have called it a walking sim. You yourself have written off games as third-person shooters simply because of the camera perspective and the mechanic to shoot. So I'm sure you can understand where people come from when they call it a walking simulator. They don't mean it in the literal sense.

I think that people should simply play game for themself to understand if they like It or not... Infact I never get influenced by review or friends, I just buy the game and give my opinion on it... By playing death stranding I also find out that reviews were wrong about many aspect of the Game, or they did completely hommit some part of gameplay, some negative aspect were completely positive while positive aspect were negative... So I suggest to just simply play the game

People shouldn't have to try something if it doesn't interest them. That's the point of marketing. It's not about being influenced by reviewers, people can see what the game is about for themselves and judge whether or not it's for them. I take no review to heart, but I know and seen enough to know I won't enjoy the game.

UniqTeas on the other hand seems to be interested in the product despite what he's heard, so for him, it's definitely worth finding out more and trying the game out eventually if he's still interested.

D

Deleted member 21244

I don't need to play the game to be able to say that people who have played the game have called it a walking sim. You yourself have written off games as third-person shooters simply because of the camera perspective and the mechanic to shoot. So I'm sure you can understand where people come from when they call it a walking simulator. They don't mean it in the literal sense.

People shouldn't have to try something if it doesn't interest them. That's the point of marketing. It's not about being influenced by reviewers, people can see what the game is about for themselves and judge whether or not it's for them. I take no review to heart, but I know and seen enough to know I won't enjoy the game.

UniqTeas on the other hand seems to be interested in the product despite what he's heard, so for him, it's definitely worth finding out more and trying the game out eventually if he's still interested.
Mmm ok

Returning to the thread, I also recently played star wars Jedi fallen order, i find it good but to many bugs In it, I hope they fix it soon, the combat sistem was good but not even near as game like sekiro or nioh, the story is mediocre, I will give it 7.5

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I actually want to play either Jedi Fallen Order or Death Stranding right now, but I think 60 dollars for a game is simply too much. I'm prepared to pay that for games that I REALLY want, but if its for a game that I'm simply curious on I'd rather wait until there's a significant price drop.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am REALLY leaning towards getting Jedi Fallen Order on Black Friday. But I might be able to get Death Stranding as well. Depends on if the missus minds it at all. I haven't played Spiderman or Horizon Zero Dawn yet, so I have a lot of games on the list right now PLUS my deep unplayed library.

Seeing how much people in here enjoyed Death Stranding makes me want to try it desperately now! Because of course - some reviewers will have different experience from me. I mean Pokemon Sword and Shield are getting review bombed by gamers but getting high praise from the reviewers right now. And I suppose I am somewhere in the middle (despite not playing it, but currently watching a Nuzlocke. haha)

D

Deleted member 21244

If you don't have a lot of money to spend and want to buy one of those game I suggest you to buy death strsnding, it's amazing and I play it every day... I finished Jedi fallen order but played it only once after completing it, fortunately I manage to pre order it at 40 euro on Amazon while the price list was 70 euro , I also suggest you people to take a look at Amazon often, there are alway many offer even before the game came out... There was also death stranding at 60 euro or less before release, price list 70 euro... I pre-order the phisical special edition of death stranding at the price of 64 euro instead of 80 euro, at my town game shop...

There are always good offer regarding videogames even before release, so just try to look at Amazon and other site more often or videogame shop at your town

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Man of Medan - 7/10. - While I do think it was scarier than "Until Dawn," I feel like the acting wasn't as up to par, and the story left much to be desired. Now, I played this with my friends, so maybe much of the story was lost given how they played, and got too many people killed, but you never really understand why the ship is haunted. Until Dawn gave you a full fledged story as to what happened on the Mountain to make it the way it is. This game...Leaves you wondering. Which COULD narratively be awesome. Open ended isn't inherently bad. But this game doesn't set up for it to be open ended. Since the build up was poor, the conclusion was poor. But again, this MAY just be because of how we played the game and the decisions that were made. Either way, I definitely enjoyed it. Found it unique. But wish there was some sort of closure. I know a lot of people complained about the length of the game. That really didn't bother me so much...I got it for $20. And I'm pretty sure it released at like $30. $20 - $30 for a 5.5 hour campaign that has more replay value than most other games isn't exactly bad.

D

Deleted member 21244

Medievil remake on ps4
8/10

I really enjoyed this game, I would have rate it more if it wasn't for the bugs, frame rate drop, and the bad camera on some level

1995umk3

Mortal Kombat II the arcade version... 10/10 game. Was suppose to be RE1 but I lost at the very end with tyrant and brad using Jill (didn't save either)

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Replaying Red Dead Redemption 2.

Took a break from RE: Revelations 1 recently after getting stuck at the annoying "Mayday, maaaaaaaaydaaaaaay" boss.

D

Deleted member 21244

Star wars Battlefront 2, After 2 years since it's release battlefront 2 had finally became the game it should have been from the start... Free from micro transaction, full of content and constantly updated and supported by DICE, battlefron 2 is one of the best star wars game out there, played it since day one, I m glade to continue playing it, 9/10

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Death Stranding.

10/10

The story was amazing and touching, I was brought to tears twice. The gameplay was relatively simple and yet I was compelled to keep playing. The soundtrack was amazing. Definitely one of those games that sticks with you for a while after you play it. Looking forward to earning the Platinum.

D

Deleted member 21244

Death Stranding.

10/10

The story was amazing and touching, I was brought to tears twice. The gameplay was relatively simple and yet I was compelled to keep playing. The soundtrack was amazing. Definitely one of those games that sticks with you for a while after you play it. Looking forward to earning the Platinum.
Yeah amazing endeed, I cryed during the ending, few games or few movies had brought me to prove all this emotion and make me cry...

I currently playing it to do the platinum, still continue to be amazing

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yeah amazing endeed, I cryed during the ending, few games or few movies had brought me to prove all this emotion and make me cry...

I currently playing it to do the platinum, still continue to be amazing

For me it was the ending and

The conversation with Deadman where you first find out that Sam's wife died in the voidout and he survived because he's a repatriate, all this after they took his BB and reprogrammed it to stop it from becoming human.

So twice up to that point Sam lost a child which made the ending even harder to watch until Lou survived.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am in the midst of playing Nioh. And honestly, I am SUPER annoyed. I hate giving up games, but hard games that are hard just to be hard really feel like they are wasting my time. I may cut the experience short, but my completionist spirit is crying out not to. I am not giving up yet, but I do not know how much more punishment I can take!

D

Deleted member 21244

I am in the midst of playing Nioh. And honestly, I am SUPER annoyed. I hate giving up games, but hard games that are hard just to be hard really feel like they are wasting my time. I may cut the experience short, but my completionist spirit is crying out not to. I am not giving up yet, but I do not know how much more punishment I can take!
Maybe is not the game for you, I'm currently playing it, and it's an amazing game... I liked sekiro too, ended it last month, a 10 out of 10 game, probably you should try sekiro to see what real punishment is, I take 8 hours to beat the final boss

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Maybe is not the game for you, I'm currently playing it, and it's an amazing game... I liked sekiro too, ended it last month, a 10 out of 10 game, probably you should try sekiro to see what real punishment is, I take 8 hours to beat the final boss

I didn't play Sekiro but I watched Distortion2 speed run it in 20 some odd minutes which was crazy. I also watched a full playthrough though. I looked really cool, just not for me.

Top Bottom