• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Jill's face model vs Carlos's hair vs Nemesis nose/teeth..which "flaw" is tolerable/nontolerable to you

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
And as i say before I'm one of the first people who don't like censorship but in case of tifa it dosent change in a ****, they game is always good her character is better than ever and badass like this

Also tifa redesign was a design choice not a censorship
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pl...-fantasy-7-remake-tifa-changes-explained/amp/
...It does change the experience for some players, and if you think everyone should have the exact same opinion as you and experience as you, then you're part of the problem.

also...it's a design choice due to pressure from the masses. A fancy word for censorship. If you followed what was going on in the world today you'd know that, instead of eating up whatever PR bogus a sh*t company like Square Enix puts out.

D

Deleted member 21244

...It does change stuff for some players, and if you think everyone should have the exact same opinion as you and experience as you, then you're part of the problem.

also...it's a design choice due to pressure from the masses. A fancy word for censorship. If you followed what was going on in the world today you'd know that, instead of eating up whatever PR bogus a sh*t company like Square Enix puts out.
I don't think that people should have my same opinion, i just don't like this other people opinion and I'm against it, not playing a game and calling it not good and charming for a stupid changing...
Simple, was this hard to get for you?

The director of the game say it was a design choice...
But maybe it wasn't as you are saying, enlight me on what happened between the masses, square enix and tifa Design... Maybe you know more than me, i want to know the full story from the start

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
This brings up a couple of good points to argue.

We are validated in saying that we should keep the integrity of the games that the industry can make. If we're talking a major issue - like Joe Liberman's 1993 attempt to ban violence in video games - we can proudly say that is too far. And things like this are personal for some people.

But the issue at hand is the reduction of breast size. If someone let's that minuscule issue ruin what promises to be a great gaming experience, then they're being a little bit oversensitive. By all means, protest the game. But this is really a non-issue. Square Enix developed an entire team devoted to creating games that would be better for the public. And I for one applaud their attempt to make a better video game. We are not talking major censorship forced upon them and limiting their property. We're talking about a Square Enix attempting to improve their art. Protest away, but damn, if that isn't the weakest crybaby attitude I have seen in years. Some people (not anyone here specifically) need to grow up.

If we're talking about Jill again - then what the hell - they included the classic costume anyway. But hey, they redesigned the costume to keep up with modern tastes too. It is a win-win.

The problem is that you seem to think that your personal values are what defines integrity, like how covering up more is "better" for a character. Which implies being "sexy" is somehow demeaning or bad for a character despite Jill always having been respected as a female character with Resident Evil 3 being the major source of her fandom for how badass she was. Her character clearly wasn't diminished nor was she treated like a mere object just because of what she wore. Some of us don't agree with this way of thinking, yet you think your version of ethics can only be good so everyone else be damned. You even called Mobilemu creepy and a caveman just because he applauded Capcom for not censoring their game by keeping jiggle physics and not caving into the demands of people who want to control entertainment and media because they think they know what's best for society.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't think that people should have my same opinion, i just don't like this other people opinion and I'm against it, not playing a game and calling it not good and charming for a stupid changing...
Simple, was hard to get for you?

The director of the game say it was a design choice...
But maybe it wasn't as you are saying, enlight me on what happened between the masses, square enix and tifa Design... Maybe you know more than me, i want to know the full story from the start
Well the full story would take an exceedingly long time, but basically, starting around 2014 a political correctness movement started to go overboard. You started getting people who were arguing that certain freedoms (Speech, expression, etc) should be taken away, to make people safer. Safer from ideas. Safer from the world. Whatever. And even though there isn't any LAW taking these freedoms away, more and more people started following, using the internet (Specifically Twitter) to cancel people they disagree with. And this has happened with SEVERAL people already. James Gunn. Aziz Ansari, Vic Mignogna, and the list goes on. Often times entire companies are being lambasted on Twitter, being told "Change *Insert Product Here* Or Else.* This is always for political and/or ideological reasons. And over the last 6 years it's been getting worse and worse. To the point many companies are preemptively making things more Politically Correct to avoid the Twitter and Journalistic backlash to begin with. Which is what Square Enix did in this case. They were afraid of a 22% of ideologues, so they changed their product because of it. Which many people, especially long time fans, feel slighted over.

D

Deleted member 21244

Well the full story would take an exceedingly long time, but basically, starting around 2014 a political correctness movement started to go overboard. You started getting people who were arguing that certain freedoms (Speech, expression, etc) should be taken away, to make people safer. Safer from ideas. Safer from the world. Whatever. And even though there isn't any LAW taking these freedoms away, more and more people started following, using the internet (Specifically Twitter) to cancel people they disagree with. And this has happened with SEVERAL people already. James Gunn. Aziz Ansari, Vic Mignogna, and the list goes on. Often times entire companies are being lambasted on Twitter, being told "Change *Insert Product Here* Or Else.* This is always for political and/or ideological reasons. And over the last 6 years it's been getting worse and worse. To the point many companies are preemptively making things more Politically Correct to avoid the Twitter and Journalistic backlash to begin with. Which is what Square Enix did in this case. They were afraid of a 22% of ideologues, so they changed their product because of it. Which many people, especially long time fans, feel slighted over.
Is it you assumption or is true that square enix was afraid of this?
How can we be sure that its wasn't really a redesign choices?
We can't
Look I'm not really concern about this tifa changing in ff7, but if you played the original final fantasy 7 you probably remember the scene in which tifa, cloud and aerith sneek into the don palace, this don is a person who essentially pay girl for sex and maybe he even raped them, this part of the game is comical but actually pretty intense, since you see propel trying to rape tifa and aerith in a comical way of course , so if this part will be changed in a significant way in the remake we will have the confermation and proof that this game as been censored... But for now we can't be sure since tifa redesigne could really be a design choice

Also im not ok whit chensorship either i hate censorship, but this tifa changing is not really a problem as long as the game is good, so i can't support people opinion who things this minimal change will change the entire game experience that's all

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Is it you assumption or is true that square enix was afraid of this?
How can we be sure that its wasn't really a redesign choices?
We can't
Look I'm not really concern about this tifa changing in ff7, but if you played the original final fantasy 7 you probably remember the scene in which tifa, cloud and aerith sneek into the don palace, this don is a person who essentially pau girl for sex and maybe he even raped them, this part of the game is comical nut actually pretty intense, sincr you see propel trying to rape tifa and aerith in a comical way of course , so if this part will be changed in a significant way in the remake we will have the confermation and proof that this game as been censored... But for now we can't be sure since tifa redesigne could really be a design choice
This is an assumption, yes, but based on 6 years of trend setting, so it's the LOGICAL assumption, unlike yours.

D

Deleted member 21244

This is an assumption, yes, but based on 6 years of trend setting, so it's the LOGICAL assumption, unlike yours.
My is not an assumption is an official statement by square... I know that we don't have to get everything they throw at us of course but it come out directly from the director mouth, he could have simply say the truth

While yours are just assumption that you made and can be esyle wrong or true... I told you only time will tell

Also it happear none of you really played the original ff7, because of the tifa censore is true you will be more concern about other aspect of the game like the don palace

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
My is not an assumption is an official statement by square... I know that we don't have to get everything they throw at us of course but it come out directly from the director mouth, he could have simply say the truth

While yours are just assumption that you made and can be esyle wrong or true... I told you only time will tell

Also it happear none of you really played the original ff7, because of the tifa censore is true you will be more concern about other aspect of the game like the don palace
Congrats...You have missed the point yet again. If "The Point" was dodgeball, you'd be Olympic level...

D

Deleted member 21244

Congrats...You have missed the point yet again. If "The Point" was dodgeball, you'd be Olympic level...
I just responded to what you were saying... Your point was that because of the past 6 years of ethic event tifa is a censored in the remake because square Enix is afraid of a minority of people and what they say is **** while your assumption is the more LOGICAL one while all the other assumption like mine are not and square enix director who say it was a design choice, is bull****... I'm correct?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I just responded to what you were saying... Your point was that because of the past 6 years of ethic event tifa is a censored in the remake because square Enix is afraid of a minority of people and what they say is **** while your assumption is the more LOGICAL one while all the other assumption like mine are not and square enix director who say it was a design choice, is bull****... I'm correct?
Of COURSE the Director wouldn't ADMIT they're afraid of the Twitter mob. Anybody who has ANY knowledge of PR knows the director would give a bogus, word salad answer. And anybody who has any sort of intelligence sees right through his answer and knows he's really just afraid of the Twitter mob. But, for PR purposes, he knows he can't say "We changed her design because we were afraid of criticism on the internet for exploiting women."

D

Deleted member 21244

Of COURSE the Director wouldn't ADMIT they're afraid of the Twitter mob. Anybody who has ANY knowledge of PR knows the director would give a bogus, word salad answer. And anybody who has any sort of intelligence sees right through his answer and knows he's really just afraid of the Twitter mob. But, for PR purposes, he knows he can't say "We changed her design because we were afraid of criticism on the internet for exploiting women."
Why not? Many videogame director and movie director admitted many time before the movie release that they re game and movie as been censored...

Also i don't know if you reed the interview of ff 7 remake but the director admitted that they were contacted by they're etich department about tifa design but he say that they didn't forced him to change tifa design, it was his choice, he wanted to change it before

Edit: capcom for example freely admitted that in dmc 5 they censored in trailer the subhuman ost who is the dante theme because of what's going on around the singer behavior on Twitter

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why not? Many videogame director and movie director admitted many time before the movie release that they re game and movie as been censored...

Also i don't know if you reed the interview of ff 7 remake but the director admitted that they were contacted by they're etich department about tifa design but he say that they didn't forced him to change tifa design, it was his choice, he wanted to change it before
Again, of course he would say something like that. That is what PLEASES the Outrage mob. That basically reinforces the theory that they self censored.

And yes, several other companies admit to censorship...AFTER the outrage mob has forced them to censor it. That's what makes this case different. It was PREEMPTIVE. And that's another reason it's a problem. Now they're doing preemptive self censorship because they're so afraid of POSSIBLE backlash from a small but vocal minority. I've already said this...

D

Deleted member 21244

Again, of course he would say something like that. That is what PLEASES the Outrage mob. That basically reinforces the theory that they self censored.

And yes, several other companies admit to censorship...AFTER the outrage mob has forced them to censor it. That's what makes this case different. It was PREEMPTIVE. And that's another reason it's a problem. Now they're doing preemptive self censorship because they're so afraid of POSSIBLE backlash from a small but vocal minority. I've already said this...
Yeah, and I've already say that i don't like this sort of things either, i hate censor

But this tifa things really feell like a redesign and not a censor to me that will not change the overall game

As for the rest of the game, I Will only find the truth about this censore when the game came out

Also to let you understand that i am not close minded, final fantasy 8 remastered was censored and i wasn't happy about it but that didn't changed the overall experience, and simply this tifa change look like a redesign to me and not a real censore , and i don't support people who say that the game will loose it's charm and will not be good because of this minor changing, that's all

Returning to resident evil and jill costume since i wanted to close every thing whit this post, i did like her original costume from re 3 but its really stupid for the story context and didn't really get her justice and dimished her as a character especially in the pachinko cutscene, and she was dimished even more in re5... Not that i really care, because i enjoyed re 3 and 5 the same... I personally think that the remake 3 make her look more badass whitout needing to emphasize her sexy part and i overall think here design is more logical to the context and more coherent whit her re 1 attire of military outfit and shinji mikami vision about her...
This is my opinion on the matter

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
You do not want to support a video game company that made a decision to add realism and get rid of cliche stereotypes about women's bodies.
You keep saying you love Jiggle physics, but don't want the burden of saying it is fap material. You're a dang caveman.
His entire point is that the classic video game charm he wants in games in big tits and skimpy outfits
tenor.gif

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am done arguing on this topic. Everyone is arguing a bigger picture than what is actually going on - myself included. Everyone is arguing about broad censorship issues - and then turning everything the other person said in to a twisted version of it. I was just hoping to hear some goodness come out of these topics, but it isn't going to happen.

I do wish we could have had a better discussion though. But maybe the Internet isn't the best place for that.

I still think it is childish to get angry at a video game company for creating a more realistic product. But if you want to get mad over it, that is your prerogative. Don't we have more real things to be upset about?

XoXo - Gossip boy

Turo602

The King of Kings
I still think it is childish to get angry at a video game company for creating a more realistic product. But if you want to get mad over it, that is your prerogative. Don't we have more real things to be upset about?

No, it seems like you're the one twisting things if this is still what you're getting out of all of this. What has been said is not hard to understand but you either don't get it, which I find hard to believe, or you're too proud to admit that you do.

And given the fact that this whole thread is about being upset over meaningless sh*t, I don't get why you would try to trivialize the issue as if it's somehow absurd to talk about on a forum about a video game franchise.

Top Bottom