• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Jill's face model vs Carlos's hair vs Nemesis nose/teeth..which "flaw" is tolerable/nontolerable to you

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Same here, at least for games where you play as a character. When it comes to strategy and construction games I prefer PC because that's a pain in the ass on consoles.

My point was just that its a shame that PC gamers get all the good modding stuff, but as a console player you get NADA.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
No, it seems like you're the one twisting things if this is still what you're getting out of all of this. What has been said is not hard to understand but you either don't get it, which I find hard to believe, or you're too proud to admit that you do.

And given the fact that this whole thread is about being upset over meaningless sh*t, I don't get why you would try to trivialize the issue as if it's somehow absurd to talk about on a forum about a video game franchise.

I am simply saying I am done because talking with you about things is meaningless. Every time you get in to an argument about anything, you have to have the last word whether or not you have anything meaningful to say anymore. You have ignored by entire argument and I still believe I am in the right here. I am just not enduring the argument anymore because it is a waste of my time. See things how you want to.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
I am simply saying I am done because talking with you about things is meaningless. Every time you get in to an argument about anything, you have to have the last word whether or not you have anything meaningful to say anymore. You have ignored by entire argument and I still believe I am in the right here. I am just not enduring the argument anymore because it is a waste of my time. See things how you want to.

Call it what it is. You'd rather virtue signal than have to answer or understand what anyone else is saying because of the possibility that it might conflict with your morally superior beliefs. I have been very understanding and open to your point of view, just like I have been of Mobilemu's, despite not personally agreeing with his boycott of Final Fantasy VII, yet I see where he's coming from and that's ultimately his business. I've tried to as clearly as possible explain where we're coming from, but you ignored me twice. Your comments have been very disingenuous, and continue to be if you really want to stick with your fake narrative that I've been ignoring your argument when you've been purposely ignoring everything that 3 people couldn't have made any clearer for you. But you're in the "right," sure. You never cared about starting a dialogue if that's your attitude.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Turo - I like you. And I do not want to sound like a broken record, but I am not having this conversation anymore. I will respond if you quote me or whatever, but like I said - we have to move on.

On a different note - I feel like Jill's hair part is a little high. There is more forehead on the in game model than the actual model. Wonder what they were thinking?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Turo - I like you. And I do not want to sound like a broken record, but I am not having this conversation anymore. I will respond if you quote me or whatever, but like I said - we have to move on.

On a different note - I feel like Jill's hair part is a little high. There is more forehead on the in game model than the actual model. Wonder what they were thinking?

I feel like this also comes down to basing this version of Jill on the original Nemesis Jill design as opposed to going strictly by the look of the model. I went back in the thread and it seems if they moved Jill's hairline in any way it wouldn't look right. Don't get me wrong, the new model that plays Jill is pretty, but I feel like they did the R3make Jill character right.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Why would I engage with someone so hostile? You're better than that. And so am I.
I think all Turo is saying is that you can't outright call someone creepy and a caveman (even after they've explained themselves and clarified where they were coming from several times) and then accuse others of being hostile. There are also other people who can't let an argument go and you've not called them out either. I'm not saying anyone's approach in their argument is right or wrong here, but if you're gonna call people out and try and take the high ground to end an argument, then you have to be consistent, otherwise it's inflammatory if directed at just one person. And I say that with the utmost respect - I'm not saying that you intended it to be inflammatory.

In regard to jiggle physics... I don't know if it's just the way I am, but I don't see that as sexualisation as such, I just see it as realistic (hell, ask any girl who runs down a flight of stairs). I also think that women should be able to be sexy in video games, and it's actually quite realistic for characters to have different body types. I think the line has to be drawn when it's obviously sexualised, like if Jill was running around practically in her underwear, because that's obviously done for one reason only. I do think that Jill is respected for more than her outfit and model in RE3 and it's believable to me that she was wearing that outfit when the main outbreak hit, so she wasn't fully prepared and in tactical gear.

I think her new model is all right. But I think just a few small changes could have made it like the original but better. Instead of the skirt, swap it for a pair of trousers, but keep the knee high boots. I think something like the image below is about right for her outfit.

5w4M1ue.jpg

Also, about Jill getting cold in Raccoon City... she has a sweater tied around her waist in her original model. It can't be that cold if she doesn't use it. :lol:

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of that either, it's one of the main things that's bugging me about her new look. It makes her look like her hairline is receeding or something. There's several shots where it just looks really... odd.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

I think that you can see more forehead because jill is getting his hair behind her hear

It's just a type of haircut i guess, don't know, but i kinda like it

resident-evil-3-remake_pc-7329.jpg

jpg

JillLovesNemesis

Well in 2 remake we unlocked outfits right.. so I'm positive that will be a thing here as well. I like the new Jill. Not totally sold on Carlos yet. He kinda looks like a hobo lmao

cackledaemon

I have no problem with Jill's face. I love Julia Voth Jill but she had a good run and it would be jarring to have her mixed in with all the other redesigns like Chris and Claire. I think they did the same with with Jill they did will Chris in 7 where she looks a lot like her actress in the live action cutscenes in the RE1. Her outfit redesign sucks cerberus **** though. It's so generic, its just like Claire's from REmake2 and reboot Lara Croft. "How do we make 90s characters look more modern? put them in jeans and tank top?" They should have given her something closer to her original outfit or at least given us her original outfit without requiring a pre-order of the game. It should just come with the base game like REmake2. Carlos hair looks kinda dump for a UBCS soldier to have, I mean it would be extremely easy for a zombie to grab hold of his majestic mane.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I know I said this in another thread but to post it where everyone is discussing it...

I love the redesign of Jill, she looks fantastic. Love her new face and now I’m tempted to chop my hair off again haha.

Voth’s Jill had a good run and I absolutely love how much fun Voth had as the face model for Jill. But I think the new face model is perfect. She is beautiful but also has this tomboy-edginess to her that makes her look like she can kick ass while still having charm. The new design actually fits the narrative of Jill compared to the white-picket-fence design.

Now, in regards to her outfit, after having played the demo and seeing her in the city environments, I’m disappointed in what Capcom went with. It really is too similar to what Claire had on in REmake 2 and all around boring. They could have at least put her in a tubetop to give it more sex appeal and make it somewhat similar to her outfit in the original.

Also want to mention that I love Carlos’ redesign, messy hair and all. Here’s hoping Jill warms up to him haha.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know I said this in another thread but to post it where everyone is discussing it...

I love the redesign of Jill, she looks fantastic. Love her new face and now I’m tempted to chop my hair off again haha.

Voth’s Jill had a good run and I absolutely love how much fun Voth had as the face model for Jill. But I think the new face model is perfect. She is beautiful but also has this tomboy-edginess to her that makes her look like she can kick ass while still charming. The new design actually fits the narrative of Jill compared to the white-picket-fence design.

Now, in regards to her outfit, after having played the demo and seeing her in the city environments, I’m disappointed in what Capcom went with. It really is too similar to what Claire had on in REmake 2 and all around boring. They could have at least put her in a tubetop to give it more sex appeal and make it somewhat similar to her outfit in the original.

Also want to mention that I love Carlos’ redesign, messy hair and all. Here’s hoping Jill warms up to him haha.
Carlos Redesign visually I really like. I think it really suits him for what his job is. I just...I really hope we get more that portrays the youth and inexperience his original character and origin story bring to the table. It was a really good dynamic. Him the youthful, plucky optimist, and Jill the cynical cop who's seen it all when it comes to the horrors of Umbrella. And Carlos age probably had a lot to do with that personality. So I just really hope we see more of that.

Top Bottom