• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Jill's face model vs Carlos's hair vs Nemesis nose/teeth..which "flaw" is tolerable/nontolerable to you

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I really dislike Nemesis and Carlos.

It's a weird prospect to say I hate that Nemesis looks more...human?
The thing for is that he's a monster, we all know that, the characters know that, everyone knows that. We also know he's a tyrant so he WAS a human at one point. So just let him be a monster. That nose just feels super unnecessary and feels like it's trying to score, sad lore points where there was no need for it.

It gave me the same vibe where Kendo just got a daughter just for the sake of making his death sad when he could have as easily survived in the new RE2 or died like a bitch. And I REALLY did not like that addition.

Carlos is less intense. It just doesn't do it for me.
The hair is jarring in all honesty, and he looks way too old for what his age during the events was said to be. I adored his old design. Felt like Umbrella Chronicles did his design the best and they should have improved on that look.

Jill is the only one I actually like. I was never a fan of Jill's design at any point. RE3 being my least favorite look for her. However, I really liked how the new one looks, it resonates with me much better than the old ones.

D

Deleted member 21244

I really dislike Nemesis and Carlos.

It's a weird prospect to say I hate that Nemesis looks more...human?
The thing for is that he's a monster, we all know that, the characters know that, everyone knows that. We also know he's a tyrant so he WAS a human at one point. So just let him be a monster. That nose just feels super unnecessary and feels like it's trying to score, sad lore points where there was no need for it.

It gave me the same vibe where Kendo just got a daughter just for the sake of making his death sad when he could have as easily survived in the new RE2 or died like a bitch. And I REALLY did not like that addition.

Carlos is less intense. It just doesn't do it for me.
The hair is jarring in all honesty, and he looks way too old for what his age during the events was said to be. I adored his old design. Felt like Umbrella Chronicles did his design the best and they should have improved on that look.

Jill is the only one I actually like. I was never a fan of Jill's design at any point. RE3 being my least favorite look for her. However, I really liked how the new one looks, it resonates with me much better than the old ones.
The other tyrant from previous re game have nose, so i don't see the problem whit this new nemesis nose
In my opinion this nemesis feel better than the original, if you watch the gameplay trailer you will see what I'm talking about

For me carlos was a bad bland character, he was uninteresting, his design was uninteresting, umbrella chronicles Carlos was pretty bad whit zero facial expression, the remake carlos is better in every way in my opinion, the gameplay trailer show me how good he is

Also the fact that he is young dosent mean he can look that way, i know people that are younger than Carlos that look like 30 years old

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The other tyrant from previous re game have nose, so i don't see the problem whit this new nemesis nose
In my opinion this nemesis feel better than the original, if you watch the gameplay trailer you will see what I'm talking about

For me carlos was a bad bland character, he was uninteresting, his design was uninteresting, umbrella chronicles Carlos was pretty bad whit zero facial expression, the remake carlos is better in every way in my opinion, the gameplay trailer show me how good he is

Also the fact that he is young dosent mean he can look that way, i know people that are younger than Carlos that look like 30 years old
Nemesis looks fine. Not better than the original. But fine. No big issue. I said before I hated all three. But Nemesis doesn't bother me so much anymore.

Carlos and Jill still look awful.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I love how everyone is still complaining about how Nemesis, Jill and Carlos look when the ONE person I think looks a little odd is Nicholai.

He just looks... Not how I expected. Not that it's a bad thing I just have to keep reminding myself that it's him. I guess I thought he'd look a little more like ORC Nicholai.

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, though.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.

Dunno what Carlos' character has to do with the design but alright.
Given Carlos was a grunt though, I felt like his uninspired design was actually fitting and all that jazz. And true, he was expressionless but you know, so was literally everyone else minus Claire.

And I do agree that some people can look older than they are. But I don't like it because he just looks like Miguel from Tekken and/or Shaggy from bloody Scooby Doo. I liked how he still had his own identity and when you saw him you didn't go "Oh look, it's the guy from -insert media here-"

As for Nemesis? I just don't like the nose. Like I said, it feels unnecessary and personally makes me grumble again because it doesn't feel like an improvement but an addition because "We just can."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Well in the gameplay trailer all the 3 character look better than the original for me, i don't really understand why everyone complain about them, while it is obvious that they re previous iteration weren't that interesting in any way, besides nemesis
They have all more personality now, thanks to they're design too

Also jill wearing a prostitute robe was good in the original but let her have a real combat suit isn't, Carlos having zero personality and a character design that is so bland i cannot even remember is face is fine but giving him a real look and personality isn't, nemesis looking like a plastic dool was good but giving him a realistic and terrifying look isn't mmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Albertwesker959 Agreed! I think everyone got more personality this time around and it actually fit with their characters.

I hate how people think Carlos looks like Miguel from Tekken. As a Tekken fan, it honestly never even crossed my mind when I saw him.

Are the designs similar? Yeah. Does the facial structure actually look the same? No.

Tekken-7-Cover.jpg

RESIDENT-EVIL-3.jpg

Carlos seems to have a rounder, softer face whereas Miguel's is more chiseled and defined. Carlos' look, in my opinion, leans more toward youth and possibly a little inexperience. Miguel looks like a guy you'd find on the front of one of your mom's Harlequin novels. (And let's not even talk about how big Miguel is in game. Carlos is still a normal sized human being, not this gigantic figure on screen.)

This is another comparison, much like Julia Voth vs the woman who was reportedly the face model for Revelations. They look similar in the vaguest definition of looking similar.

I also like that Carlos now has a look that's not a recycled Leon AND that can lend to his personality. That the game developers noticed how similar the designs were, how different the characters were and that they needed to change that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

@Albertwesker959 Agreed! I think everyone got more personality this time around and it actually fit with their characters.

I hate how people think Carlos looks like Miguel from Tekken. As a Tekken fan, it honestly never even crossed my mind when I saw him.

Are the designs similar? Yeah. Does the facial structure actually look the same? No.

Tekken-7-Cover.jpg

RESIDENT-EVIL-3.jpg

Carlos seems to have a rounder, softer face whereas Miguel's is more chiseled and defined. Carlos' look, in my opinion, leans more toward youth and possibly a little inexperience. Miguel looks like a guy you'd find on the front of one of your mom's Harlequin novels. (And let's not even talk about how big Miguel is in game. Carlos is still a normal sized human being, not this gigantic figure on screen.)

This is another comparison, much like Julia Voth vs the woman who was reportedly the face model for Revelations. They look similar in the vaguest definition of looking similar.

I also like that Carlos now has a look that's not a recycled Leon AND that can lend to his personality. That the game developers noticed how similar the designs were, how different the characters were and that they needed to change that.

When i first saw Carlos i thinked at Miguel but just because of they're hair similarity but for the rest they are completely different character, whit different face, body , personality and voice

The old Carlos was just a random dude a mixture of capcom character database, mixture between leon and Chris that's all, the new one look better

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
It's rather reassuring to see upon closer inspection to the gameplay reveal that Jill, despite her more practical outfit design, actually appears to have a larger bust size compared to Claire and Ada as well as still having breast jiggle physics, not to mention those jeans really do compliment her butt.
All that along with the classic hooker outfit returning as a bonus.

I fully believed that kind of stuff was gonna be removed to pander to the feminist and censorship heavy nut jobs that infest the industry these days, it's a good to know that Capcom is still trying to keep some video gamey charm.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@xMobilemux By what? Pandering to men who can't see breasts 'jiggle' in real life so they have to sexualize a fictional character?

I hate this kind of crap. This is the stuff women have to put up with in the gaming community. (And don't even get me started playing co-op.)

The fact that they've made Jill attractive doesn't bother me. Mindless feedback like this from male gamers does.

D

Deleted member 21244

So a woman having a good body in videogame had to be sexualized?

That's stupid

Also brest phisice is realistic its always been in videogame, i don't see why they should remove this

I don't see this kind of things as unrespective toward woman

Jill, Claire and ada have different body because they used they're actress body for the game

xMobilemux

I bring it up because over the last few years, more and more games have been greatly censoring and toning down female characters, even the Dead or Alive franchise has been affected, there are even dips**t developers who are saying that if they could, they would go back and censor designs from their older games.

I hate THAT kind of crap and I will praise any developer that is willing to keep the fun sexy video gamey charm in video games.
Developers that are willing to keep that kind of charm in video games are how we end up with such great female characters like Bayonetta.
I wanna see more like that, especially in long running franchises that have always had it.

It's not about "I WANNA SEE HUGE BOUNCY BOOBIES AND MICROBIKINIS!!!", it's about developers keeping the video game charm.
Like how Hideo Kojima had a bunch of weird and sexual humor in the Metal Gear games, or the classic God of Wars having the sex mini games, how often do you see stuff like that anymore in gaming today? It's as video gamey as video games can get.

I mentioned in the last page if we could imagine how the Street Fighter ladies would be implemented into the RE Engine, so lets say if Cammy was scanned into the RE Engine in a new Street Fighter game, she'd have a good looking face model and such yeah, but what about her sexualized outfit that shows off her butt and thighs, would they keep that, would they keep her large breasts, the jiggle physics etc?
Or say Chun Li, would they keep her large muscular thighs, her breasts etc?
Would they keep the fun sexy video gamey charm or throw it all out for the sake of realism and become another hideous Mortal Kombat 11?
I don't know and we won't know until we see it, but due to the state of the industry, I can't help but be worried about it.

So seeing that Capcom is still at least trying to keep some of the sexy video game charm in Resident Evil despite them trying to go in a more realistic direction is very reassuring to me.

Jill, Claire and ada have different body because they used they're actress body for the game
Disagree, if you look up the model for Jill, you'll notice she's rather flat chested and pretty skinny, where as Jill has a larger bust and has a decently fit build.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@xMobilemux Perhaps developers tone this kind of thing down due how male gamers use it to make female gamers uncomfortable in situations like this.

I don't mind the sex mini games in GoW -one of my favorites series' - or the breast jiggle in staples like MK or Tekken but I do mind male gamers fawning over it and making crude sexist comments about it and making me feel out of place in what I consider to be my community as well.

Gaming isn't just a guy thing and developers shouldn't just pander to guys. They also shouldn't avoid representing real women's bodies instead of just having a pair of breasts walking around on pencil thin legs either.

Women in video games aren't there for the pure purpose of being a guy who can't get a dates dream girl or fantasy. That's why developers are making changes. They realized their target audience isn't just men and it's affected the redesigns of many popular female characters.

Lara Croft for example. As well as the redesigns for our Resident Evil ladies and the changes made to our fighting game femme fatales.

xMobilemux

@xMobilemux Perhaps developers tone this kind of thing down due how male gamers use it to make female gamers uncomfortable in situations like this.
I don't mind the sex mini games in GoW -one of my favorites series' - or the breast jiggle in staples like MK or Tekken but I do mind male gamers fawning over it and making crude sexist comments about it and making me feel out of place in what I consider to be my community as well.
So all those women I see on youtube and other sites drooling over how hot Carlos is are all completely fine, but when we start drooling over Jill and her assets, it's suddenly sexist and crude to women?
The difference is, men don't mind when women gush over men's bodies, women however are so insecure.

I say if women can eat their beef cakes, then men can eat their cheese cakes and if you can't handle that, then get out of the kitchen.

Gaming isn't just a guy thing and developers shouldn't just pander to guys. They also shouldn't avoid representing real women's bodies instead of just having a pair of breasts walking around on pencil thin legs either.
Then what's stopping developers from making new IPs for women? Why do existing IPs that were made for guys have to throw away all that they liked so that women can fell better about themselves?
I don't see women changing their professions to make men fell better about themselves?

I'm so sick of hearing that "real womens bodies" argument too, REAL women have more than that slim average girl body type you know?
Some have large breasts with thin waists, some have thick thighs and big butts with small breasts, hourglass figures, plus size, short, tall, large butts, wider hips, the list goes on and on.
Yet these days they all use the same slim average girl body type.
Worse than that, they're all starting to use the same body type made more dull with the generic jeans and tank top design.

This is something that even Bayonetta managed to address with her extra long legs, round butt, broad shoulders and tall stature, not a body type you see much, yet she still managed to be very appealing to male and female gamers everywhere.

Also I'll add that it's not just guys who like the sexy stuff and want it back, there are plenty of women out there who love very sexy female leads and want to see more.
Women in video games aren't there for the pure purpose of being a guy who can't get a dates dream girl or fantasy. That's why developers are making changes. They realized their target audience isn't just men and it's affected the redesigns of many popular female characters.
Lara Croft for example. As well as the redesigns for our Resident Evil ladies and the changes made to our fighting game femme fatales.
Wrong, Video games are escapism and wish fulfillment and we like to escape to a(to quote Guns & Roses) "Paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!".
Women get the same thing, they get to escape to a fantasy world, but some are just too insecure to handle the fact that men are liking the virtual women who look and act better than them.
Want a real life example?
Even cam girls and E-Thots are being replaced by a fictional cam girl and the real life cam girls are loosing their minds.

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer

I was with you until you said this. I never had a problem getting dates but what's wrong with liking sexy video game characters? Kind of tired of hearing that ridiculous argument that guys who play video games are sexist losers who can't get girls, lol.

I'm actually kind of in the middle. I dislike when video game companies go woke and remove anything that would offense anyone, but I'm not a big fan of oversexualizing characters either. I think its completely fair that developers are making some necessary changes like Jill's new outfit (its bland as hell though, but that's for another topic), and her classic outfit is still there as a DLC so I don't see the problem.

Honestly though, I think entertainment as a whole has become too child-proof, nothing is allowed to be sexy any longer in films or video games. Well except for music videos, but that's trash entertainment.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I feel like saying:

"The new Carlos design is hot."

It's just a tiny bit different than saying:

"Her ass looks great in those jeans and I'm glad her breasts still jiggle."

Yeah that's crude. If you said that to an actual woman on the street she'd be offended. I haven't seen any women saying:

"Yeah look at what's going on in Carlos' pants.":rolleyes:

Just because fictional media is "escapism" that doesn't mean she's your new girlfriend. And yes, realistic female representation in media is important. So many women have issues with body image and eating disorders due to fictional character portrayal, Photoshop and women in magazines.

Yes some women have large breasts and a smaller waist. Doesn't change the fact that it's not an overly realistic version of the every day woman. And I say that as a woman with a larger bust and a smaller waist. I felt ostracized in school because of how different I looked to other people and was picked on due to my body type. Other people look at those types of characters with a side eye because they're not common anywhere but in video games created by men.

But I refuse to argue with someone who probably has the privilege of not being scrutinized down to the finest details due to their gender and whose opinion I find downright offensive.

And I'm sorry but the fact that e-thots are being replaced by fictional cam girls says more about how desperate and ignorant men who buy into that are than anything.

Should we start a Go Fund Me to get you laid?

@Jonipoon I'm definitely not saying all men are like this, but I feel like these comments are coming from a very specific breed of ignorance.

I too do not feel like everything needs to be child proof. And if you think a fictional character is hot, by all means but it would be nice to leave the sexist and cringe worthy comments out of it.

Last edited:

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
Well, if they ever remake Dino Crisis, I really hope they give Regina an new suit, because the thing she wears in DC and DC2 is very silly and video-gamey, which is weird, because Gail & Rick in DC1 and Dylan in DC2 had very "realistic" operative uniforms.
agree. that was aweful

Yeah her suit look like that ****ty suit that Milla Jovovich wear in resident evil retribution

be honest i never could accept her as a resident Evil charachter :cool: but you mentioned good thing. i never payed attention to that.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
So I just watched the video that shows the 3 members in action and some gameplay.

I'm not a fan of Nikolai or Jill's voice but I actually really like Carlos' voice. Seeing his design in action still doesn't sit with me. But I think his voice acting is alright. Better than I expected given how much I disliked RE2R's voice work.

Nikolai looks...way more skinny than I'm comfortable with. And his voice work actually sucks pretty bad though.
This time felt the style of ORC would work best. That voice sounded like what I'd imagine someone like Nikolai would sound like. So that's unfortunate.
I'll give him one thing. He by far is the most disturbing character because he has one absolute hell of a rape face going on. Jesus. Whoever animated that gets props. Because that was actually scary.

But so far the designs and voice cast are just major turn offs and aren't looking too great personally.

Also imagine being ready to talk mad smack and you don't get to finish the voiceline because Nemmy just socked you.

Top Bottom