• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Jill's face model vs Carlos's hair vs Nemesis nose/teeth..which "flaw" is tolerable/nontolerable to you

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I think the redesign of Nemesis would be more tolerable if it wasn't for the fact that he's covered in plastic bags.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm honestly still not digging that Jill model. I thought I could get used to it, but the more I see it, it's still just not clicking with me. I don't see Jill Valentine in her at all. Of all the new character models, she's definitely the weakest since Redfield. I came across this image recently and holy f*ck is there a huge difference.

hBL76BH.jpg

One is clearly Julia Voth, so of course it's gonna look more like Jill, and no, I'm not one of those who thinks it always needs to be Julia Voth. But I think this comparison highlights my issues with the new face. The eyes. Jill's eyes have always been such a distinguishing feature of hers, and this new chick's eyes just look so bland. And from different angles, you can see her eyes are like really far apart and are really deep, and her eyebrows make her look angry. She just looks so inconsistent and weird from different angles and it's definitely not helping me see her as Jill Valentine. The girl herself is definitely not ugly like that Redfield guy, but I'm just not seeing Jill with her.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm honestly still not digging that Jill model. I thought I could get used to it, but the more I see it, it's still just not clicking with me. I don't see Jill Valentine in her at all. Of all the new character models, she's definitely the weakest since Redfield. I came across this image recently and holy f*ck is there a huge difference.

hBL76BH.jpg

One is clearly Julia Voth, so of course it's gonna look more like Jill, and no, I'm not one of those who thinks it always needs to be Julia Voth. But I think this comparison highlights my issues with the new face. The eyes. Jill's eyes have always been such a distinguishing feature of hers, and this new chick's eyes just look so bland. And from different angles, you can see her eyes are like really far apart and are really deep, and her eyebrows make her look angry. She just looks so inconsistent and weird from different angles and it's definitely not helping me see her as Jill Valentine. The girl herself is definitely not ugly like that Redfield guy, but I'm just not seeing Jill with her.
I prefer the one on the left more personally, the one on the right is so unrealistic, her eyes look like the one from a doll not the same as the one from Julia voth
tumblr_pr5g9gtNld1tdmb68_640.png
The one from the right will of course look more like jill because she is based on Julia voth, they use her face to do jill in previous re game, and it's obvious that if you compare a new actress whit voth it will inevitably loose since we are comparing jill interpreted by voth whit julia voth and a new actress who is totally a different person

It's like comparing sean connery bond whit daniel Craig bond, they re face are completely different, but yet both are bond, so i don't really care when they decided to change main character face in re as long as they do a good job whit characterization and personality

I was even upsed by claire design at first, but after playing the game it became my favorite claire , maybe this Jill will grown on me even more after i will play the game

I obviously love both Julia voth and sasha zotova jill right now... Maybe they will give a more deeper characterization to zotova one so I'm happy whit this change

Also zotova eyes are really beautiful and she is a perfect jill, yet in game picture her eyes are a bit bland but maybe they will be more alive while you play the game and see cutscene
http://instagr.am/p/B7WBQ1Ygmkt/

D

Deleted member 21244

I prefer the new Jill. To me, she looks more like RE3 (original) Jill than RE5 Jill did for example. I really didn't like the character design for RE5 Jill. Her features felt really exaggerated to me. R3make Jill looks more natural.
Yeah, she is more similar to the original re 3 jill, i love her
9373_elc59q-u8aa_rrm.jpg

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm in agreement with the Remake Jill going back to the originals roots. She even looks more like the live action Jill from RE1 than later versions of Jill.

I love Voth's Jill, I really do but I think going in a less obvious supermodel direction is nice. I mean I understand that the new face model is obviously a model as well but come on. Voth is just uncommonly pretty. You just don't see girls like that on the street.

New Jill is still attractive but it also looks like you could actually know her and I like that about her.

Last edited:

Mr.R

To be honest, I'm kinda liking new Jill. Like it was said before, it was a throwback to the original RE3 and all. Also, I think Jill's face is amazing in Remake, but after that, it got weirder and weirder. RE5's face is still based on Voth but it feels kinda off (in Lost in Nightmares) and way off in the main game (maybe it's the paleness and the blonde hair, which it's explained by the lore, but it doesn't make it less off), and after that it got only downhill until the trainwreck that it was her face in Operation Raccoon City. It was clear by that point they wouldn't be using Voth's face anymore (the last two games didn't, Revelations and ORC), no matter how attached Voth is to it (and she does dress up as Jill a lot) or how much the fanbase likes to compare every new Jill's face to hers, so...I see more of Jill in the R3make one than I saw in Revelations and ORC, so I'll count that as a win.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I thought Claire looked off when she was revealed in the promo images and trailers for REmake 2 and ended up loving her look by the time I was done with the game and the same thing happened with the ladies in DMC5.
I think the same thing will happen with Jill.

I think we're all just so used to a certain look with our famous Capcom ladies and seeing them in the RE Engine for the first time is baffling, I'd wager that even if they did scan in Julia Voth for REmake 3 that she would still look a little off because her face would lack some finer details.

Can you imagine the Street Fighter ladies in the RE Engine or Regina from Dino Crisis in the RE Engine?

Doesn't matter who Capcom face scans for the characters, they're gonna seem wrong to us at first.

Jonipoon

Just put some dirt and bruises on her face, and Julia Voth's face would still work. That's basically the only difference.

Dirt and bruises has been the staple of all tough action heroines in video games since the Tomb Raider 2013 reboot.

D

Deleted member 21244

Just put some dirt and bruises on her face, and Julia Voth's face would still work. That's basically the only difference.

Dirt and bruises has been the staple of all tough action heroines in video games since the Tomb Raider 2013 reboot.
I think it's just a graphic upgrade, tomb raider wasn't the first to have this , resident evil 6 had dirt and bruises on character, to make the game feel more realistic

Jonipoon

I think it's just a graphic upgrade, tomb raider wasn't the first to have this , resident evil 6 had dirt and bruises on character, to make the game feel more realistic
I didn't say first, I said its been the staple since Tomb Raider 2013 - IOW it was the game that essentially turned it into a big trend.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I would love to see Regina on the RE engine! She would look amazing.
The question was actually can you imagine that whoever they choose to scan in for her will actually end up looking like you thought she would?
Do you truly believe she will have the same facial features, the same hair style, same body type and even the same skin tight bodysuit of the original?

All of Capcom's famous ladies have had "video gamey" appearances for nearly 2 decades, so them suddenly getting photorealistic appearances in the RE Engine is tough to get used to at first, especially when some of the characters have had exaggerated appearances.

Capcom is clearly TRYING to get the photorealistic versions as close to the originals as possible, but it's always gonna look strange.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
The question was actually can you imagine that whoever they choose to scan in for her will actually end up looking like you thought she would?
Do you truly believe she will have the same facial features, the same hair style, same body type and even the same skin tight bodysuit of the original?

All of Capcom's famous ladies have had "video gamey" appearances for nearly 2 decades, so them suddenly getting photorealistic appearances in the RE Engine is tough to get used to at first, especially when some of the characters have had exaggerated appearances.

Capcom is clearly TRYING to get the photorealistic versions as close to the originals as possible, but it's always gonna look strange.
I guess I'm not picky because I haven't had a problem with how anyone has looked in their photorealistic version. Claire and Jill have both still believably looked like Claire and Jill so if they did remake Dino Crisis I have faith that, even if Regina didn't look exactly like the Regina of old or how I personally imagined her, she'd still look like she could be Regina.

D

Deleted member 21244

I have no problem whit the photlrealistic version of the character, they are all amazingly done and they look like they're character, also they re personality is what really matter and capcom really nailed it...

Devil may cry who is more cartoonish than reside evil, had the character changed in devil may cry 5 whit actor but every of them look exactly like they're original design, i would never have imagined dante and vergil whit a photo realistic graphic and yet her we have it, so i can easy imagine Regina whit the new engine, they will have to modify her suit a bit... The only one i can't image is wesker, he as too unique facial feature and if they get the actor wrong they can ruin him, on the other hand leon, dante and Dylan design are very similar they are all clone, Capcom only changed some detail here and there, the re 2 remake leon actor could have passed for dylan or for a young dante XD regina is a mixture of claire and jill, the Jill actress whit red hair could have passed for regina, what really make this character is they're personality and unique color design wnd characterization, they're face could be easy changed whit the right actor

Also regina and dylan already have some realistic face in dino crisis promotional material

Dino-Crisis.jpg

They look like leon and jill from the remake

This artwork made by a fan can give as an hint at they're realistic look in future game

EIBKhaFXUAAGvBa.jpg

The only think i can't imagine in a dino crisis remake are the dinosaur not dying whit weapon , like the t rex in the intro of dino crisis 2, he take a rocket to his face but survived

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21244

Speaking of "video-gamey" appearances, the old Jill and Regina basically had the exact same facial features:

jilre.png
Yeah capcom just change some detail but in the end they are the same, leon and dante have almost the same face and hair, dylan from dino crisis 2 too

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
my main problem is with nemesis teeth. those nice white well arranged teeth turned to the city gate which is very long and it gives me creeps.
about jill i love here in new clothes
i dont have any opinion about carlose hair,

D

Deleted member 21244

Well, if they ever remake Dino Crisis, I really hope they give Regina an new suit, because the thing she wears in DC and DC2 is very silly and video-gamey, which is weird, because Gail & Rick in DC1 and Dylan in DC2 had very "realistic" operative uniforms.
Yeah her suit look like that ****ty suit that Milla Jovovich wear in resident evil retribution

Top Bottom