• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Chris gay?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
ALEX SELFIE TIME!
wp_ss_20150420_0005_by_albertweskerg-d8qk3bx.png

Airaku

Stray Jedi
^ Lmao

I won't lie though. If Alex Wesker ever was in a movie. There are better actors to play her. Even though she's her mo-actress. She doesn't exactly really look like her and she's far too nice and bubbly to pull her off. I'm not saying she's a bad actor, but not her.

I do have one actress in mind tbh 0.0

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
... she kinda looks like Milla. Srsly. Picture her as a brunette. It's probably just the angle though. I'm getting Milla and like, old-school Hillary Clinton vibes from her.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don't see a single resemblance to Milla. I'm sorry >.< The Hilary Clinton thing is HILAROUS Lmao!

Actually here's an uncanny comparison on a side topic. Natalia and The White Queen in the movies.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
And what's with the name Alex? That's a super scrappy name for a character who's supposed to be powerful and goddess-like. It's like they meant to call her Alexia, realized they already used it, and Alex was Plan B.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
And what's with the name Alex? That's a super scrappy name for a character who's supposed to be powerful and goddess-like. It's like they meant to call her Alexia, realized they already used it, and Alex was Plan B.

Alex is a gender neutral name, I think because Capcom had no idea what to do with Alex's character, even as late as RE5.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Thank you, CAPCOM.:nom:

As for the subject of Chris' sexuality:

It really is up in the air for fans to believe what they want at the moment. The fact that Jill isn't even mentioned in RE6 sort of snuffs the whole concept of Jill and Chris being a couple for me (unless they decide to take their partnership/friendship further in future installments).
Actually, come to think of it, the reason Capcom keeps Chris' relationship status under wraps could boil down to marketing. I know that young, hot actors and boy band members are typically told to keep their relationships private to give fans the illusion that they have some sort of chance with them. Obviously a fictional character is different, but Capcom could be thinking something along those lines. Considering they've given Leon a 'significant other', they could just keeping Chris' status quiet so fans can more freely fantasize.

I mean, apart from what I said earlier about just knowing and understanding their audience.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well to be honest. The name Alex is very fitting for her character in the most ironic way possible. In general the name means "Defender of humanity". She seems to be the exact opposite but the islanders saw her as such, as a messiah.

In Japanese we have the following. These are ones that fit her character very, very well.

• Your first name of arekkusu has given you the vision and foresight to be able to organize others and to hold positions of responsibility with poise and self-confidence.
  • This name creates an optimistic outlook on life and favourable conditions in your personal affairs.
  • You have the ability to express your thoughts and ideas, and you are friendly, likeable, and generous.
  • You enjoy fun, laughter and congenial association.
  • This name also gives you an appreciation of art, music, drama, or any of the many forms of expression in the arts.
  • Since you are quick and fluent in your expression, you have to guard against boastfulness or dominating a situation.
  • Skin problems could result.
  • There could also be weaknesses in the generative organs

She fits almost all of those. Arekkusu is her name in the Japanese version of the game. Alex happens to be my name as well. Alex is also a name that's origins come from Greece. It's interesting that she mad that Atlus puzzle. Capcom did a VERY good job with her character and the name.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Despited being a twisted, evil b*tch, Alex is a beautiful looking character... Well before she turned into a troll. I'm really disappointed that she won't look the same if they use her again... I hope they keep the same voice actress though because she is what really makes it for me.

I'm getting Milla and like, old-school Hillary Clinton vibes from her.

Lolz how ironic that the evil villain would look like Hillary.

Actually, come to think of it, the reason Capcom keeps Chris' relationship status under wraps could boil down to marketing. I know that young, hot actors and boy band members are typically told to keep their relationships private to give fans the illusion that they have some sort of chance with them. Obviously a fictional character is different, but Capcom could be thinking something along those lines. Considering they've given Leon a 'significant other', they could just keeping Chris' status quiet so fans can more freely fantasize.

I mean, apart from what I said earlier about just knowing and understanding their audience.

That is very true and could definitely be part of the reason why they don't really push a love interest for him.

I really hope they show a softer side to Chris eventually here though. He doesn't have to be with someone romantically during this time per say- just what he is like on a regular day instead of fighting to survive on a mission. I'm kind of hoping either the CGI movie or next game with Chris will have some sort of outbreak or issue arise as he's just chillin and doing his thing on a regular day. Could be kind of funny because I think he's probably a goofy, smartass.

But this is off topic and maybe is just best left to the imagination.

And there is definitely something wrong with those who like to pair Chris and Claire up. Just gross.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Despited being a twisted, evil b*tch, Alex is a beautiful looking character... Well before she turned into a troll. I'm really disappointed that she won't look the same if they use her again... I hope they keep the same voice actress though because she is what really makes it for me.

And there is definitely something wrong with those who like to pair Chris and Claire up. Just gross.

I agree that she is. I like how Capcom has it that Alex is defined by her consciousness, NOT her body. This makes her a very versatile and scary villain. Easily one of my favorite villains ever. She likely won't have the same voice actress and she wouldn't need to. Hell, Alex already proven that she doesn't care if she's in the body of a male or female as long as she exists. There is so much that they can do with her.
Also that was supposed to be a witch, not a troll. "The Witch" was one of her nicknames in the game. Some of the islanders called her that. I'm pretty sure "Evil Bitch" was another name she was called. That woman had a lot of titles. Quite an impressive resume if I do say so myself.

Natalia may actually take a similar look to Alex as she grows up. It's really weird but her facial expressions make her face look very different as Dark Natalia or when she controls Natalia, than when Natalia is in control. Natalia is a very innocent and angelic like character. You can tell who is the dominate conscious by the face. Also when Alex is in control she has the same ticks. She'll do the same poses she did in her regular body. Like the hand on her hip and what not. Of course the hair down to the side of the neck (I know Natalia originally had this as well, but there could be a debate for that). And there is something else I can't seem to unsee. The way Albert and Alfred look a like. Alex (as Natalia) and Alexia might look similar. Which wouldn't be far off. Go look at Alexia Ashford in her black dress. Obviously there will be a lot of differences, but it gives a visual idea of what COULD be a possibility.

No grosser than Alex and Albert. Just sayin.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I think it is worse since Alex and Albert are not technically blood related. I almost find the Chris and Claire pairing insulting... I can't even see the appeal in either pairing though. Clearly these people are confused and sexually frustrated themselves.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I agree completely with Star. I think it's a bit absurd to suggest Alex and Albert have the same icky factor as Chris and Claire. Alex and Albert aren't siblings at all - they were abducted as children from two different sets of parents, underwent the same experiments, and on top of that they didn't meet until they were both into their 30s and probably didn't spend a whole lot of time together either. She developed both familial and romantic feelings for him - likely because of their shared experiences as children and there's no indication Albert thinks of her as anything more than an acquaintance. Sure, it's a bit dark but it's no Jaime/Cersei. Chris and Claire have the same mother and father, grew up together, and have a completely normal relationship. It's really not the same at all.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
tumblr_lunjoucBca1qee7h7o1_500_zpscq4jawc4.jpg

I do think this fan mod pic is all sorts of adorbs- and NOT in a romantic sort of way but a loving sibling way dammit!

chris_and_claire_redfield_by_jhonyhebert-d90iduh_zpsj7xjygsb.jpg

I just love those Redfields.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
What would be wrong with chris being gay anyway. I swear people always assume just because chris is super masculine that he just cant be gay. I dont htink he his but I wouldnt care even if he was.
No one has said there's anything wrong with Chris being gay. The question of this thread is 'is Chris gay?'. Naturally, that's going to lead to a discussion on whether members think he is or isn't. Lol. Just because someone doesn't think this character or that character is gay doesn't mean that they're implying there's anything wrong with it.

Top Bottom