• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 If Jill is'nt in RE 6? where do you think is she?

Princess bascos

The Sarcastic Fool
Why does everyone want her to be in every RE title? Jill needs a break though more than likely she will be.

She's in every title. but she isn't the main character. unlike Chris and Leon who's always the main character now. the two have had more screen time than Jill or anybody. yes jill is in every title but it's still different when you get to play as her, and not just a DLC or a DS exclusive. i don't like to just to see her in cutscenes.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
"Jill pretty much had closure as well...Riding off into the sunset."

Uhmmm.. wasn't Chris in that helicopter too? so Chris pretty much had a closure as well? but hey. Chris is in RE6. so i still hope Jill will have her game. where she is the main char. leon also looked like he had closure in the RE:4 ending. riding off with ashley. It could've been Jill/Rebecca/Claire in RE:6. the point is. in every ending. they all look like they have had their closure. but capcom finds a way to bring them back. so if they want to bring back the old characters. they'll probably make a story to that specific character on why he/she's back. that way they won't come back meaningless.
You're right...Chris did ride off into the sunset..But Chris is the MAIN character...Of the entire series...As much as it pains me to say it, no character sums up Resident Evil more so than Chris Redfield...The only way to end his story will be to kill him off (Tastefully), or straight up SAY that his story is ending...

Jill has not been a MAIN character for a long time until Revelations came out...And since it's set in the past, it really has no relevance to the main characters of the years 2009 and up...Which is where we are now...Jill was not a MAIN character in RE5...And she was in RE1, RE3, RE: Umbrella Chronicles-Umbrella's End, RER, and RE5...She needs a break...So does Chris, but if any character is to be used several times, it would be him as he is the MAIN character...And I'm not biased, because I don't like Chris...

Leon should stay as well...He has his trilogy of movies that are cannon to the games, and if you play Ada's storyline in RE4, you'll find out he DIDN'T have closure because of how the game ended...RE: Degeneration CLEARLY stated that Claire had served her time, and shouldn't be in the games anymore...It also CLEARLY stated that Leon and Chris are still fighting bio-terrorism...

It's just not good story telling to bring back characters that had very good closure 16 years in the past, just cause fans wanna see them again...Sherry is a good example of how it's done RIGHT...Sherry did NOT have closure, and fans were SUPPOSED to be left wondering what happened to her...That's not the case with Billy or Carlos for example...

Oh, and Jill has had MORE screen time that Leon if you're strictly talking games...Jill is in the six games listed above, and Leon is in RE2, RE4, RE: Darkside Chronicles-Operation Javier, and RE6...Which is only FOUR games...If you wanna count the cannon RE movies staring Leon...Right now that's only Degeneration and Damnation...Making it 6...So he's had the SAME amount of screen time as Jill...

I think I've made my point...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i think it's safe to say she probably got herself down the job centre and looked for a less "might die on the job" kinda job.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
You're right...Chris did ride off into the sunset..But Chris is the MAIN character...Of the entire series...As much as it pains me to say it, no character sums up Resident Evil more so than Chris Redfield...The only way to end his story will be to kill him off (Tastefully), or straight up SAY that his story is ending...

Jill has not been a MAIN character for a long time until Revelations came out...And since it's set in the past, it really has no relevance to the main characters of the years 2009 and up...Which is where we are now...Jill was not a MAIN character in RE5...And she was in RE1, RE3, RE: Umbrella Chronicles-Umbrella's End, RER, and RE5...She needs a break...So does Chris, but if any character is to be used several times, it would be him as he is the MAIN character...And I'm not biased, because I don't like Chris...

Leon should stay as well...He has his trilogy of movies that are cannon to the games, and if you play Ada's storyline in RE4, you'll find out he DIDN'T have closure because of how the game ended...RE: Degeneration CLEARLY stated that Claire had served her time, and shouldn't be in the games anymore...It also CLEARLY stated that Leon and Chris are still fighting bio-terrorism...

It's just not good story telling to bring back characters that had very good closure 16 years in the past, just cause fans wanna see them again...Sherry is a good example of how it's done RIGHT...Sherry did NOT have closure, and fans were SUPPOSED to be left wondering what happened to her...That's not the case with Billy or Carlos for example...

Oh, and Jill has had MORE screen time that Leon if you're strictly talking games...Jill is in the six games listed above, and Leon is in RE2, RE4, RE: Darkside Chronicles-Operation Javier, and RE6...Which is only FOUR games...If you wanna count the cannon RE movies staring Leon...Right now that's only Degeneration and Damnation...Making it 6...So he's had the SAME amount of screen time as Jill...

Kennedy pretty much summed up why Jill needs a break lol. Maybe she'll be in it, I'm not saying she won't. We'll see.

Princess bascos

The Sarcastic Fool

"or straight up SAY that his story is ending..."

I think that is the way Jill should go. in your opinion. you're saying Chris is the MAIN character. but in my opinion i think Chris, Leon and Jill are the main characters. You just said Jill had many screentime. so why should Jill have that kind of ending? i mean the riding off only ending. I think we'll see more of her in the upcoming games. she will either have her great ending in RE:7. or she would make it up to the final RE. unless they kinda change the whole character and finish off everyone and make new characters to the resident evil. but as long as CHRIS and LEON are there. i bet JILL will still stay. how would the JILL/CHRIS relationship continue then?

i agree with the other characters though(Barry, Claire, Carlos etc), that their not going to be seen anymore. but Jill is just sorta different.

Oh and you also said. Jill was not a main character for a long time. and that she needs a break.. huh?? you just said she was not a main character for a LONG time. and now she already needs a break?? I think she needs a break from being this Cutscene only character. and that she needs to go back again from being the MAIN character. i mean she just got BACK. it's about time she gets a game where she is the MAIN character. if she gets this long BREAK again. she's just gonna end up being a villain again. or worse like Claire. so in order for her to be officialy back and rocking. i think capcom needs to start hyping her up again like Chris and Leon.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh and you also said. Jill was not a main character for a long time. and that she needs a break.. huh?? you just said she was not a main character for a LONG time. and now she already needs a break?? I think she needs a break from being this Cutscene only character. and that she needs to go back again from being the MAIN character. i mean she just got BACK. it's about time she gets a game where she is the MAIN character. if she gets this long BREAK again. she's just gonna end up being a villain again. or worse like Claire. so in order for her to be officialy back and rocking. i think capcom needs to start hyping her up again like Chris and Leon.
She wasn't a cut scene only character in the MAIN CANNON game RE: Revelations...And yes, she does need a break...She's had TWO games in a row...RE5 and RER...A cut scenes only character doesn't make them ANY less of a character...She played a very important role in RE5...Helluva lot more important than Sheva did...Chris is the MAIN character...He has more to do with the plot than ANY other character...Jill and Leon ARE important...But not as much as Chris, and you can't argue with that...Just because you want her back doesn't mean that it's necessary for her to come back...

bmh

If you believe the recent rumor, Chris and Jill are married...

As far as the main character debate goes, every character that's starred in one of the games is a main character IMO. The goal with Resident Evil was never to just focus on Chris. It was to give us a perspective from a wide array of characters with different perspectives. Those of us that want to see Barry or Carlos or someone like them in another game want to see their involvement from their perspective in the story. I mean you can say that it looks like a character's story was wrapped up in any of these games. Heck, it looked to be over after the very first one when Jill rested her head on Chris' shoulder and rode off into the sunset with Barry and/or Rebecca.

If Capcom ever gives us this, I'll consider it an awesome gift. If they don't, that's their choice. I don't want them to reach story wise or create a dumb scenario just to get them in a game, but fan service has never hurt a game franchise if done well.

DeweySshi

If you believe the recent rumor, Chris and Jill are married...
really??? I never heard that one...If she's by Chris' side then she must still hanging around in BSAA...I can't see her sitting home or preparing dinner. For me, she has always been someone who fits action well so her place is in BSAA.

sbr999

She's probably in the kitchen, making Jill-sa......nevermind, this joke is so old, I'm not even going to finish :p

Reactions: bmh

Leon Alexis

Jill is perfect!! Even if she ll be 50 years old I am playing this character! Leon,Chris,Jill and Claire are my favourite characters!!!

Princess bascos

The Sarcastic Fool
She wasn't a cut scene only character in the MAIN CANNON game RE: Revelations...And yes, she does need a break...She's had TWO games in a row...RE5 and RER...A cut scenes only character doesn't make them ANY less of a character...She played a very important role in RE5...Helluva lot more important than Sheva did...Chris is the MAIN character...He has more to do with the plot than ANY other character...Jill and Leon ARE important...But not as much as Chris, and you can't argue with that...Just because you want her back doesn't mean that it's necessary for her to come back...

She's had two games in a row? uhmm. last time i played RE:5. it was Chris' game.

Jill>Ada. they are not alike. Jill is more of a main character than ada. but Jill's character is now like Ada. where she's just used into cutscenes for the plot. it's still different when you PLAY as her. you can't say RE:5 is her game. because for most people. if it's her game. she should be the one playable. a DLC does'nt count except if it was a main game. but it isn't, it's connected to RE:5 where Chris is the main character.

i thought this is RESIDENT EVIL? not Resident Chris or Chris Evil. because when i first played the game. RE:1 it was Chris and Jill. who are the main character. then in RE:2 it's Leon and Claire. RE:3 it's Jill. RE:CV it's Claire. Re:4 it's leon. Re:5 it's chris.

so in my opinion. Chris is NOT only the main character.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
She's had two games in a row? uhmm. last time i played RE:5. it was Chris' game.

Jill>Ada. they are not alike. Jill is more of a main character than ada. but Jill's character is now like Ada. where she's just used into cutscenes for the plot. it's still different when you PLAY as her. you can't say RE:5 is her game. because for most people. if it's her game. she should be the one playable. a DLC does'nt count except if it was a main game. but it isn't, it's connected to RE:5 where Chris is the main character.

i thought this is RESIDENT EVIL? not Resident Chris or Chris Evil. because when i first played the game. RE:1 it was Chris and Jill. who are the main character. then in RE:2 it's Leon and Claire. RE:3 it's Jill. RE:CV it's Claire. Re:4 it's leon. Re:5 it's chris.

so in my opinion. Chris is NOT only the main character.
You do realize that Jill WAS in RE5 right...Which means SHE WAS IN THE GAME! Which means TWO GAMES IN A ROW...Whether she's IN the game as a MAIN playable character or not doesn't matter....She was still IN the game...And I didn't say that Chris was the ONLY main character...I said he was the MAIN character...Put all the main characters together and he's STILL the one that defines the game..More people know who Chris is than Jill...Chris had MORE character development than Jill...Chris has more screen time than Jill...Chris is the MAIN character of all main characters...

Princess bascos

The Sarcastic Fool
You do realize that Jill WAS in RE5 right...Which means SHE WAS IN THE GAME! Which means TWO GAMES IN A ROW...Whether she's IN the game as a MAIN playable character or not doesn't matter....She was still IN the game...And I didn't say that Chris was the ONLY main character...I said he was the MAIN character...Put all the main characters together and he's STILL the one that defines the game..More people know who Chris is than Jill...Chris had MORE character development than Jill...Chris has more screen time than Jill...Chris is the MAIN character of all main characters...

Well then i guess we will never come to an agreement if you believe that Jill being in RE:5 makes her a main character of that game or it being one of her games. because for me. if it is Jill's game. she would be the playable one. i think it's CHRIS who needs a break and not JILL. (i think). and of course you would say. "Chris does not need a break because he is he main Character." well. then i guess i'll be playing a game called Resident Chris/Chris evil then.

but still. the title is RESIDENT EVIL. so i still believe that LEON, CHRIS AND JILL (optional claire) are all main characters. and that there is no. "Main character of all main characters..." because sooner or later. the next game will consist of characters not including CHRIS. thank you :) (see the smiley face?)

EDIT: of course more people know Chris than Jill. because Chris had more screentime now. and that's why i'm saying that Jill does not need a break. because it's her time to be in limelight. and then you would say "No. Jill is the one who needs a break because she has two games in a row. and Chris does not need a break because he is the main characters of all characters."

but yet again this is resident evil and not chris evil (for me) so Chris is the one who needs a break. not JILL (for me) :) (ended with a smiley face for you again)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
@princess bascos...if you really believe you have to play as a character to make it a main character then you're pretty much saying that every other character is pretty much not key at all in the game.
in this particular debate, jill is a key/main character in re5 whether she is playable or not, her not being in it would change the way the story plays out so she is a main character, yet she in unplayable, just like wesker is a main character even though he is unplayable, without him the game probably wouldn't need to exist.
sheva is a playable character but IMO she's not relevant to the story so i wouldn't class her as a main character, and let's all agree on one thing:sheva didn't need to be in re5.

theinternat

Queen Internet
i really feel like both jill and claire will be at least mentioned in this game. Pretty much every character from RE2 is in RE6, so at least one of them has to drop the claire-bomb once. :p and jill too, especially if our hunches on this being Chris's final game as a main character are true. also, they're probably gonna explain why Piers is Chris's new partner...seems like a perfect opportunity for them to explain where jill is. i'm not worried. :)

Princess bascos

The Sarcastic Fool
@princess bascos...if you really believe you have to play as a character to make it a main character then you're pretty much saying that every other character is pretty much not key at all in the game.
in this particular debate, jill is a key/main character in re5 whether she is playable or not, her not being in it would change the way the story plays out so she is a main character, yet she in unplayable, just like wesker is a main character even though he is unplayable, without him the game probably wouldn't need to exist.
sheva is a playable character but IMO she's not relevant to the story so i wouldn't class her as a main character, and let's all agree on one thing:sheva didn't need to be in re5.

Well, english is not my first language so you guys may have misinterpret my words. when i said Jill not being a main character in RE:5. what i really mean is. if Jill had two games in a row (like what mr. kennedykiller says) then she should be playable in both games. if she is not playable. then it is not Jill's game. it's more of Chris' game. people are saying Jill's needs a break. when clearly Chris is the one who should take a break. (only if you think that Chris is not the Main character of all characters, because all of them are the Main characters equally) but i guess if you think he is the MAIN CHARACTER. then i guess i can't argue with you all. but i still believe that Chris is not only the MAIN CHARACTER and that all of them (mainly Chris, leon and Jill) are the main characters equally. and that if you can say Jill needs a break. then Chris too needs a break. because it's about time another character (Jill or leon or claire) get's to be the playable one in another game. and that Chris can be the (cutscene only character)

Princess bascos

The Sarcastic Fool
i really feel like both jill and claire will be at least mentioned in this game. Pretty much every character from RE2 is in RE6, so at least one of them has to drop the claire-bomb once. :p and jill too, especially if our hunches on this being Chris's final game as a main character are true. also, they're probably gonna explain why Piers is Chris's new partner...seems like a perfect opportunity for them to explain where jill is. i'm not worried. :)

"Chris's final game."

Hmmm.. if that's true. and the Resident evil continues without Chris. then i guess it breaks Mr.kennedykillers "chris is the main character of all characters." only if it continues with Leon, Jill or claire. but if it resident evil also ends at 6. then probably Chris is really the main of all mains. :p

theinternat

Queen Internet
"Chris's final game."

Hmmm.. if that's true. and the Resident evil continues without Chris. then i guess it breaks Mr.kennedykillers "chris is the main character of all characters." only if it continues with Leon, Jill or claire. but if it resident evil also ends at 6. then probably Chris is really the main of all mains. :p

i'm not sure, but personally, i'd like to see them continue on without chris. he's getting older, and judging by the trailer - grumpier. :p he was already questioning his efforts in 5, and i feel like 6 is his last straw. i really get the feeling he's at the end of his rope.

i love that they age the characters. it really fleshes out the believability of their world to me, and makes them feel ...mortal. if that makes any sense. it makes them feel like they really can be killed by the threats ahead of them. and to me, that gives the series more dynamic than some gaming series that stick their characters at the same age forever, and run the series into the ground until you just don't care about them anymore.

I remember when capcom was talking about rebooting the series entirely after 5, and i think they realized resident evil has too big of a fanbase to do such a thing, so it seems instead they decided to introduce new characters to pass the torch onto with 6.

i think chris and jill deserve an ending, and i really hope 6 lets them peacefully retire. hopefully together. because that would be cute. just sayin. haha :p

Top Bottom