• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 How good are you??

Vote those that apply to you.

• Total voters

Mobe

aintnoscrub;54891 said:
JJ?...is that the dual wielding chainsaw guy.
i never knew his name.

JJ is da guy wit da gatling gun.. Red army cap n army outfit..

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
ohhh him.
he's a piece of cake, just shoot in the head..wait until he has pulled his gun around again, then shoot.
repeat this until he is dead, and he won't even get a shot off on you.

Neo

Shooting him in the head is the only way to stop his attack. If you are playing as Wesker or Ada, the obvious weapon of choice for this is obviously the Rifle, you could shoot him with a Magnum with Wesker from a distance or run up to him and shoot too if your ballsy, should take no more than 4 shots with the rifle and 3 with the Magnum.

For Hunk, throwing 2 Grenades at his feet before he starts his attack usually take him out, don't throw them at the same time though. Krauser is a no brainer, but obviously make sure you attack before he starts to. I'm surprised Leon's Riot Gun does a considerable amount to JJ, seeing as it does rather pathetic amounts of Damage to Super Salvador in Waterworld if you shoot him from the front, but that's what you would do with him.

aintnoscrub;54891 said:
JJ?...is that the dual wielding chainsaw guy.
i never knew his name.

You're thinking of Super Salvador.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Grenades and barrels if your lucky, they disrupt a chain though if your on a combo chain, it really gets on my nerves

Neo

Yea 2 Grenades with about half a clip of TMP shots is enough to take Super Salavador down all the time with HUNK.

It's significantly harder for Leon, a lot more skill and strategy is required, especially if you do not have any Grenades.

Mobe

anyways.. I tink now im enuf encouraged to play da mercs, lmao.. will giv it another shot!

LUKE0809

I've beaten professional mode
I've beaten Ada's missions/side stories
I've 5 star'd all of the Mercs :D

it does start to get borin after a while though :(

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I've never finished RE4 so I'm still a rookie.

But if I can boast a little :D, I did chapter 2.3 (Right Path (El Gigante route) and Left Path (Ganado route) and Last Defense and Battle With the Chief) with absolute perfection. I killed all enemies, picked up everything and all bullets hit a valid target. Also, Leon took no beating.
I tried to repeat the perfection in chapter 3.1 and until the end of 3.1 I was sure I had made it, but somewhere I had apparently missed with one shot. Only 99% accuracy. :(

Neo;55136 said:
Yea 2 Grenades with about half a clip of TMP shots is enough to take Super Salavador down all the time with HUNK.

It's significantly harder for Leon, a lot more skill and strategy is required, especially if you do not have any Grenades.
How can the Super Salvador be harder to kill for Leon? Leon has not weaker weapons than the other characters? Same with HUNK?
Maybe there are special circumstances that I don't know about. I have never met a Super Salvador. I hope it's possible to explain this without spoiling something. And no spoilers without [ spoiler] tags please.

Edit, I play on Normal difficulty.

Neo

Romero;56585 said:
How can the Super Salvador be harder to kill for Leon? Leon has not weaker weapons than the other characters? Same with HUNK?
Maybe there are special circumstances that I don't know about.

Leon cannot handle him head on like the other characters. Wesker can take him out with 3 Rifle shots from mid to long distance, as with Ada, Krauser can insta-kill with his arm, and Hunk has a healthy amount of grenades and reliable access to them to take him out at any time.

If Super Salvador is thrashing towards you as Leon, you must run, as the Riot Gun will take up to 4 hits until it stuns him momentarily, and with the pump action sequence, it is suicide if ill-timed. He also doesn't get Hand Grenades for suppoert as often as HUNK does either.

Beating him with Leon requires more skill and strategy, such as blowing up nearby explosive barrels and leading him up stairs, where the riot gun can now do significant damage to him, as he is at close range for dealing maximum damage and shooting him in the back where he is most vulnerable, all while being safe from his lethal rampage.

Edit, I play on Normal difficulty.

Mercenaries doesn't have difficulty levels?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Neo;56587 said:
Leon cannot handle him head on like the other characters. Wesker can take him out with 3 Rifle shots from mid to long distance, as with Ada, Krauser can insta-kill with his arm, and Hunk has a healthy amount of grenades and reliable access to them to take him out at any time.

If Super Salvador is thrashing towards you as Leon, you must run, as the Riot Gun will take up to 4 hits until it stuns him momentarily, and with the pump action sequence, it is suicide if ill-timed. He also doesn't get Hand Grenades for suppoert as often as HUNK does either.

Beating him with Leon requires more skill and strategy, such as blowing up nearby explosive barrels and leading him up stairs, where the riot gun can now do significant damage to him, as he is at close range for dealing maximum damage and shooting him in the back where he is most vulnerable, all while being safe from his lethal rampage.
So it's a scenario, I thought it was in the main game somewhere. Is it what you call "Mercenaries"?

Mercenaries doesn't have difficulty levels?
I was talking about chapter 2.3 and 3.1. I believe the Mercenaries is something that is unlocked after finishing the game, and I have not finished the game.

Neo

Romero;56589 said:
So it's a scenario, I thought it was in the main game somewhere. Is it what you call "Mercenaries"?
Mercenaries is a separate mini-game.

I was talking about chapter 2.3 and 3.1. I believe the Mercenaries is something that is unlocked after finishing the game, and I have not finished the game.
Yeah it's unlocked upon completion of the main game.

marcel_resident

im soo good too this game i kill the ganados with the knife i kill el gigante only with the handgun in expert mode and i dont need another weapons to kill monsters only a shotgun( some times ) and a handgun is all for me
XD

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I sucked for a long time and didn't know what I (or Leon) was doing. But I've trained alot...

In a corridor, eight crows sat in the windows. They were sitting ducks and not difficult to snipe, but doing so would not drop the money indoor where I could collect it. So I had to kill them as flying targets. I used the TMP. It was a bit difficult to hit, but after I bought the TMP stock it was one shot one kill. With som skill and some luck I kept the accuracy at 100% also in that chapter. :)

ConvictedMP5

ive beaten normal mode, adas side missions and 5 stars on all mercenaries but i can beat it on pro for some reason

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
T Dot;60694 said:
What is the difference in difficulty between easy and normal?
I have never tried easy mode, but I remember reading about the difference somewhere.

I think you get the shotgun at the beginning of the game, and you'll find more ammo on easy mode. Also each box of ammo can hold more ammo, so your inventory space is filling up less fast (I'm not sure if this is true for all types of ammo). I think the enemies are a little weaker too.

Shotgun

i have overplayed this game way to much. Its sad how good i am at it. But for some reason it never gets boring.

Top Bottom