• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 How good are you??

Vote those that apply to you.

• Total voters

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'm actually pretty rubbish at RE4, despite completing it seemingly a hundred times over. RE5, I'm the man; RE4, not so much. And Mercenaries certainly isn't my strong suit. I'm very, very cack at that.

I still get railed by the bosses, I still spray and pray when getting mobbed, and I still cry like a girl when nearing the first Regenerator encounter. :(

Ganado

Floundering in the savage doorway
I still spray and pray when getting mobbed

Spectacularly accurate and astute description Sir! Bullets get fired off from my handgun in all directions when faced by the angry hordes, moreso when I started to feel more confident in my abilities (false confidence produced directly as a result of using whatever shotgun I had in my inventory!) which always brought me back down to Earth with a bang and a rapid depletion of ammo stocks. It's the same with any game reliant on accurate targetting, so Spray And Pray is my new mantra! The TR reboot would regularly see me hit the zone and lay waste to a section full of locals, only for the next section to take many attempts and many dead Lara's before limping through. I think it's an issue of composure, but it may be an issue of pot luck when things go well!

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I need to, but can't, update my vote. I voted that I beat Normal, but since then, I've beaten all of Ada's missions, and Professional. I'm working on 5 starring the Mercs.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I'm at the very end of pro mode, but I just cant get past it.
It's uper hard man. For Saddler, the thing I found easiest is GET A MINE THROWER. That is super important. Everytime the dart blows he goes down. If you stab his eye nine times Ada will throw you the RL. As for the fights before that, just try to stay back and use your rifle ad much a you can. I could probably give you some more advice if you told me exactly where your at. Good Luck

Patrick Wilfong

Steve Picks LLC
Resident Evil 4 on the Wii makes me miss being around my older brother! Nothing more fun than blowing off zombie heads with ease, giving him the controller and watching him RAGE quit because I made it look so easy. :D

Patrick Wilfong

Steve Picks LLC
I hear you like badasses…. well, i'm not saying it's impressive or nothing, but i just wanted to say, i saw leon getting his ass kicked and totally sold him that saving First-Aid Spray.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Maaaan, I am like Jesus playing Resident Evil 4. Just look at my profile picture!

No, honestly I have beaten this game SOOO many times it's not even funny. Dozens of times on GameCube, Wii, PC and XBOX 360 and I only first played it 2 years ago. It's madness.
If I had to pick a favourite version, it'd be Wii edition with Component cables. That pointer technology easily made a great game even better. And since it also saves lots of ammo, I don't even have to buy a rifle until the castle! Wii edition is also a godsend for handgun/knife only runs, professional runs, and for Separate Ways. That Saddler bossfight is the reason I can't finish Separate Ways with a controller.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well, considering how much easier Resident Evil 4 is compared to previous entries, I'd say I'm really good at it. I've played and passed the game numerous times on different consoles, even getting a perfect gamerscore on Xbox 360. Honestly, it's all about playing smart, so I could never understand why anyone would ever have trouble with this game. Especially when conserving ammo isn't really a problem thanks to two great exploits, the knife and melee feature. By the end of the game, I always end up with more health and ammo than my inventory can hold, even on professional. Now doing this in REmake would be something really special.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
You guy's should make channels on YouTube and make some resident evil gameplay videos!! I'd watch em.

Considering capture cards and computers arnt cheap :(

But I'd be up for watching pro run throughs..

KevinStriker

You guy's should make channels on YouTube and make some resident evil gameplay videos!! I'd watch em.

Considering capture cards and computers arnt cheap :(

But I'd be up for watching pro run throughs..

And I'd absolutely be up to recording a playthrough if my DVD recorder didn't bite the dust and I had money to replace it.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Woah you can use DVD recorders to capture gameplay?! Holy smokes that gives me so many ideas lol

Can you then copy the video files to your PC/Laptop from the DVD?

Hmmm

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I used a VHS recorder once lol. But I only thought you could use capture cards. That's usually how it works.

I guess your trying to say that people use this method as well...

KevinStriker

Yeah, I'd recommend either a DVD recorder or Hauppauge. Whatever works best for you.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I've done all there is to do in RE4. Got 1000 gamerscore on the 360 version. The only thing I never really bothered with was the Mercenaries mode.

KevinStriker

I've done all there is to do in RE4. Got 1000 gamerscore on the 360 version. The only thing I never really bothered with was the Mercenaries mode.

I never really bothered with The Mercenaries either. I cheated using the PC Version to unlock the Handcannon and it's not all that special. Stick with the Chicago Typewriter, PRL and/or Infinite Launcher.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
Yeah I for sure played around with the bonus weapons. The infinite launcher is game breakingly good. The laser weapon is good too. My favorite though is the costume which gives you a Thompson and gives Ashley armor, she is basically invincible with it on.

Top Bottom