• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Hot then Cold

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
You know what would be strange? Jake never really mentions his mother, and aside from hearing about his father Wesker there aren't any flashbacks or such showing that Wesker even was his father in the first place. Though he is supposed to be 20, which I still can't believe, I could see him as actually Alex Wesker, making Albert Wesker not be his father in the first place. Giant twist there, and that way fans would get their "Wesker 2.0." Some so desperately want the original Albert back, including myself but sadly, I can't see him returning other than in DLC, a spin-off game of the past, or something else. Not a numbered title, though that'd be great.

However...Jake was a bit of a hypocrite when he called Chris a jarhead, he doesn't exactly have much depth to himself either ;) Which is why I guess he's not going to be confirmed as Alex Wesker.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
How is that obvious?

Because his last name is wesker?

I don't think its as black and white as you put it.

Alex already doesn't seem all that much like Albert since he isn't as "involved" in events such as Albert was in Code Veronica,RE4,RE5,and "The fall of Umbrella".

He seems to me to be someone who doesn't want the attention which is very different from Albert who doesn't care about receiving mass attention judging by his actions in RE5.

Also lets remember that one big thing Capcom is pushing is the Resident evil series "moving on" and "evolving".

Maybe they decided it was best if the series moved on from Albert to a new villian.

And as Wesker500 said above, why would they NOT use him?

He already is VERY important since he is the last surviving Wesker Child and also since he discovered the secret to immortality for Spencer.

His role in future Resident Evil games could be huge.
Especially since Alex now has a nephew that could be a huge part of the story, the Chris vs Wesker rivalry has already been there and done that, but maybe an uncle vs nephew rivalry would be a cool story idea.

I just hope some of the great monsters return, I wanna see Mr X again in the main story :)

Jay

K.I.N.G.
This is a thread for all you Chris X Jill character lovers. Where you as disappointed and confused about some of Chris R. reactions in RE6?

Chris was a HOT, fast moving ready to take down anything agent in RE5 to get to his partners aid and complete his mission for the BSAA making it "personal and following oders" as qouted by Jake in the game.

Though in RE6 the famous Chris Red field has seemed to become COLD. He wants to turn in his gun? He gives up so easily when facing Jake, literally saying go ahead and shoot? Even back in the beginning when Chris is found by Piers and he is a drunk (supposedly lost his memory), do you think that he lost his memory of everything? possible even Jill?

Please write till your hearts content on speculation or what could have happened to the famous partners that is not mentioned in RE6.
Love and War do not mix.There's no time for it because feelings is what can lead to your death. I like the change in personality they gave Chris. He's only human and its but so much he can take. Besides, we got enough romance in RE5.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
You know what would be strange? Jake never really mentions his mother, and aside from hearing about his father Wesker there aren't any flashbacks or such showing that Wesker even was his father in the first place. Though he is supposed to be 20, which I still can't believe, I could see him as actually Alex Wesker, making Albert Wesker not be his father in the first place. Giant twist there, and that way fans would get their "Wesker 2.0." Some so desperately want the original Albert back, including myself but sadly, I can't see him returning other than in DLC, a spin-off game of the past, or something else. Not a numbered title, though that'd be great.

However...Jake was a bit of a hypocrite when he called Chris a jarhead, he doesn't exactly have much depth to himself either ;) Which is why I guess he's not going to be confirmed as Alex Wesker.

Sorry but that is impossible.

For 1, Alex was confirmed to be 1 of the Wesker Children which would make him around Wesker's age "or older".

Also, he took the Protoype Virus, now Jake is strong, but if the prototype virus had the same effect as it did on Albert than Jake would be FAR more superhuman.

And lets not forget that having him turn out to be Alex would COMPLETELY undermine his character that was introduced in RE6 because the whole him being Wesker's son and getting ****ed off at Chris and his interactions with Sherry on the issue would mean nothing.

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
"Protoype?" You must mean the Progenitor virus ;) Also, I was merely stating what I'd like to see. Of course, not that it will ever happen. To each his own. :)

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
Sir, I have read it. It is an experimental strain of the Progenitor, they are practically one and the same so no point really in arguing over such a paltry matter. I don't know, perhaps it's because in both game and bio it was always described as the Progenitor, not Prototype which is why I got you wrong. ^^

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Sir, I have read it. It is an experimental strain of the Progenitor, they are practically one and the same so no point really in arguing over such a paltry matter. I don't know, perhaps it's because in both game and bio it was always described as the Progenitor, not Prototype which is why I got you wrong. ^^

Its a "experimental strain" but still a different virus nonetheless.

What it does to its host is different which makes it its own virus.

And who is arguing?

Your the one that tried to correct me remember?

I merely suggested that you do a little reading around before trying to correct someone since I clearly did not need to be corrected.:)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
tumblr_m6mbg0rUxo1qhn5tf.gif

Before we derail the thread let's uuuh talk more about Jill... Jilly Jill Jill Jill JILLY! WOooOOooo.... Everyone Jillax! You know what's Jillarious? A sandwich.

Okay maybe my Jill Jokes aren't great, but I hope it brought out a smile at least!

EDIT: Forgot to CLAIREify things (see what I did thar) but perhaps this needs its own thread/discussion? ;)

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
I'm merely trying to explain myself, and again this was simply my opinion. As I have stated before, due to your spelling error I did get you wrong, and though they are different, the Prototype still is from the mother Progenitor and is described as the Progenitor from most sources. Also, I was not trying to correct you...but to be quite honest, it's a waste of time on my part to try and correct anybody on a purely discussion/opinion thread.

@Story: Regarding Jill, my hope is that though she has been dumped in that Capcom storage bin for characters, hopefully she will one day return. If not in a numbered title then at least in a spin-off detailing her years between RE5 and RE6, with appearances from others.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
As I have stated before, due to your spelling error I did get you wrong

I don't recall you stating that you got it wrong due to my spelling error.

And it was only missing a "T" and if you knew what I was talking about you clearly would not have made that mistake since it would have still been pretty obvious that i meant "Prototype".

To me, it seemed you just thought I meant "Progenitor Virus" rather than "Prototype Virus" as opposed to simply getting it wrong due to my typing error.

It seemed you thought it was a all around error on my part.

But as I said earlier, This all could have been avoided on your part if you simply would have read around a bit before trying to "correct" me.

A simple read of the Wesker Project file on Wiki would have been quick and easy.

But whatever, Its really no big deal for me, if you want to drop it then be my guest.

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
I dropped it an entire post ago, dear. A heads-up, too: I did say I got you wrong in two posts before this, but perhaps you were too busy creating your defense and insisting on your claims, I will now formally say that I'm "dropping" it. Also, do forgive me for any trouble I may have caused, It wasn't my intention. :)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I dropped it an entire post ago, dear. A heads-up, too: I did say I got you wrong in two posts before this, but perhaps you were too busy creating your defense and insisting on your claims, I will now formally say that I'm "dropping" it. Also, do forgive me for any trouble I may have caused, It wasn't my intention. :)

Please don't be a smartass here ok?

Especially when your wrong in this given situation.

You said a post ago that you stated that you got it wrong due to my spelling.

i merely pointed out that you never stated such as thing.

Here is the reason you originally posted,

I don't know, perhaps it's because in both game and bio it was always described as the Progenitor, not Prototype which is why I got you wrong. ^^

Nothing in there said you got it wrong because I spelled it wrong now does it?

And you clearly haven't "dropped it" since you keep on replying.

Ask anyone around here who have had discussions with me, I'm not one to shy away as long as someone has something more to say.;)

And as i said, if you REALLY want to drop it, as in walk away from this discussion, than be my guest.

letmelive311

I'm just gonna write out a story of what she and everyone else should be doing, and see what happens. ;)

Resident Evil 7- by me...

Characters- Jill, Claire, Rebecca, Sherry, Chris, Jake, Wesker, and HUNK.

Story- Jill has been MIA for the past few years, but she can't hide from her past forever. She decided after everything she went through to lay low for a while in the mountains of a small town in the USA, but not for long. Neo-Umbrella is still out to find the last remaining BSAA and STARS members, as they are still a threat to the company. They find her location, but before she can get captured again Chris comes to the rescue. They both set out on missions, running from the agency and taking out BOWS.

Meanwhile in the middle east, Claire Redfield is helping with TerraSave to feed the hungry, and is forced into military action after a small outbreak occurs. Unknown to her, Rebecca Chambers is also there, even though everyone thought she died years ago. Rebecca had to fake her own death to get away from Umbrella and now Neo-Umbrella. She is a lone wolf working for the same agency as HUNK but her mission is to extract this new virus and find the cure for it. She runs into Claire, utterly surprised by her being alive, and they're forced to fight together, no matter what.

They grow close again and Rebecca fails her mission, not keeping her secret of being "dead to the world" to Claire. Also, Rebecca's appearance is much different, she's hardened, matured, has long hair, and an eye patch from a tragedy a few years back. Turns out Rebecca was at the same site Chris and Sheva were at the time of Wesker's apparent "death". Her mission was to bring him out, revive him, and turn him into a super soldier for the good of mankind, but not before wiping out his memories completely. Before she can do this, the delirious and mutated Wesker throws hot lava in one of her eyes, causing her blindness in one eye.

In India Jake is up to his old self again, but a bit more wreckless with his new "save the world" motto. Sherry gets a text from her new boss to go out and save him, take him back to America and have him work for their company. She finds Jake and they have to fight the outbreak in India together once again. Jake doesn't know... his father is still alive and neither does Sherry when they run into Wesker, a completely different man, not knowing his past.

There will be mentions of all the characters, including Billy and where he's been. I'd have him be married with kids, show a cutscene of Rebecca seeing him from afar and smiling, as his beautiful wife walks out of a store with him and his children.

There would be plenty of intense drama, romance, and of course HORROR!

Oh and PS: Everyone would crossover in the middle east at some point to fight together, then every single damn character would have an epilogue... including Carlos, and Barry!
I would actually love if Capcom came up with a really like... anti-climatic reasoning for Jill's absense.

Like, how awesome would it be if she was on maternity leave or something. It's perfectly logical too.

Story YOu have some truly epic ideas ! Wish yoynwhete part of the CAPCOM team to set things straighten. And Mg I think making Jill pregnant would be perfect but if it's Chris 's baby and he knows about it and still is willing to let jake shoot him ... That's ****ed up on Chris 's part .

I can't shake this feeling ever since I beat the game and reading reviews and developer comments that Jill won't return . Because this moving on, this greater development of the resudent evil universe is to just to reach a bigger fan base like call of duty / assassin creed players to get more money , even if it means to step away from original RE elements and characters ... This makes me really sad

Sorry if I seem like I'm bashing CAPCOM . I just thought it was really stupid to leave Jill out completely and say she ****in retire then make Chris into such a dope . I wish he would have led his team as a boasting father... Leading him to china to protect home and family which all good soldiers vow , to serve their country and protect their loved ones .

letmelive311

You bring out a good point . He never talked about his mom, though a file mentioned something very small about him growing up . He didn't have much depth I agree and there where times where flashbacks could have been good to see and benefit the overall timeline of the game .

Like when sherry was in the u.s under lockdown and studied , she could have had a flash back about that .

Traingham

I wonder how many sequels Capcom has left under their sleeve for this series. If they keep going with the five years later trend all of our heroes are going to get pretty old eventually. (Unless we'll be playing as Old Leon and Old Chris etc. in MGS4 fashion.)

On the other hand, who here wants to keep playing as our mainstays? I think Capcom is already looking into shuffling the originals out of the picture.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
How is that obvious?
It's quite obvious in how he suddenly appeared in the series, very late in the game, and was praised as being Spencer's pride and joy and the most successful Wesker child and blah, blah, blah.

I honestly don't think there's any hope for Resident Evil as a survival horror series anymore; looks to be action and recycled ideas from here on out. I guess that's just what happens when you try to squeeze too much out of a series, though.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
It's quite obvious in how he suddenly appeared in the series, very late in the game, and was praised as being Spencer's pride and joy and the most successful Wesker child and blah, blah, blah.

to me, that really doesn't make it obvious that he is going to be exactly like Albert Wesker or as you said it "Albert Wesker 2.0"

But hey, just my way of looking at things.

Top Bottom