• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Hot then Cold

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Oh, I've been happy all the time, don't worry. :D (Especially since there are people here who think that Piers might not be have died after all.)

Anyway, my explanation for Jill being absent from this game is simply that Capcom didn't want to have too many main characters in one game. I'm 100% sure that we will never get a real logical in-game explanation for that.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Oh, I've been happy all the time, don't worry. :D (Especially since there are people here who think that Piers might not be have died after all.)

Anyway, my explanation for Jill being absent from this game is simply that Capcom didn't want to have too many main characters in one game. I'm 100% sure that we will never get a real logical in-game explanation for that.
Well its still fun to speculate :)

But if Jill does show up in RE7 or RE8 (if they ever happen) The everyone is gonna be asking "Where was Jill during RE6?"
Maybe we'll get a spin off game showing where she was.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.

But if Jill does show up in RE7 or RE8 (if they ever happen) The everyone is gonna be asking "Where was Jill during RE6?"

She better have been so busy... like dying her hair back to its original color or something.

Jill: I know Chris is in trouble, but this blonde won't come out DAMNIT!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Are you sure he found it? I think he stole Helena's, that's why her hair is such a mess in the game.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The hairdryer could be his ranged weapon to blow a distant hairdo into place. Zombies disheveling his own hair cause stamina to decrease and the only way to get it back is to find a mirror and restore his hairstyle with the tools he usually uses against enemies. And of course you can spend skill points on improving them... Well, there even is a hairdresser in my town that looks like Leon, although his hair colour is slightly different... I'm sure he would buy it!

letmelive311

That scene nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw it for the first time too!

Anyway I have a few complaints about RE6 and the lack of Jill as well... I'm kind of ****ed even Sheva gets a nod in the files, apparently SHE was concerned about Chris and got in touch with him at some point. The fact Jill isn't to be seen or heard from in the files or game concerns me. How could Capcom f*ck up on such a huge scale? Jill is one of the MAIN heroes in RE.

Although I'm not a fan, so is Leon, and Claire sure as hell didn't forget about him in CV. Then we have this...

Jill%27s_Epilogue.jpg

There's always been mentions of Chris, Leon, Claire, and everyone else. What the hell is the big beef with Jill? It saddens me really as she's one of my favorites. Why couldn't she at least get a respectful nod or mention like she did for him in RE3? Clearly Capcom has favorites and it isn't Jill anymore. /:

Sorry to respond so late, I will do my best to feed of this particular topic i was trying to thread about. I agree with you story yet again, glade you pointed out the info on Jill when he went to look for Chris at his apartment. She is definitly a significant character and in RE5 she was the main purpose to keep driving chris forward...how could he forget her? WTF happened?

I also agree on the file you obtain that mentions Sheva. I dont understand still why on earth CAPCOM would leave her out. But it makes me think about the possible reasons why. One thought I came up with is that like Sherry she is stuck at the BSAA and being tested and treated because the newer virus she obtained to be all super powerful is still with her. Maybe she alienated herself, maybe Chris cant see her. ....Or Maybe she is off on another mission, maybe the on in India where the special ending ended and she runs into weskers son, and wants revenge. ; )

What do you all think of that?

letmelive311

I get the feeling that Capcom hasn't forgotten about Jill or Claire in the slightest.

For 1, Jill was just in Revelations.

And Secondly, Claire was mentioned multiple times in RE6.

To be perfectly honest, I'm pretty sure that Capcom has RE7 in their sights and due to their new work game schedule (that says they will make and release games 2x as fast now) and If I had to guess, Jill and Claire will be the stars of it.

It would fit with what Capcom did with Leon and Chris which is having 2 male leads (that have never met) star in the same game and meet up at some point.

I could totally picture them doing this with Jill and Claire (the 2 female leads).

I like your thinking, and to see Jill and Claire meet up would be awesome!

letmelive311

I really wish you were right, but unfortunately Capcom themselves said they retired. I was really hoping for one more game with Claire, and I don't understand why they'd make her retire. Yes, I know she was just trying to find her brother, but you'd think by now she'd be in this for the fight... and to be honest in the Resident Evil universe... these characters can't hide forever. A bioterrorist attack will more than likely occur where they're hiding. Which is why, I'd also love it if Rebecca came back, forced to fight or something even cooler, like for example; she was hiding all along and is now a spy working for the same company as Ada. Maybe they'll change their minds? *fingers crossed* I hope so.

My guess is RE7 will clearly have Sherry again since she doesn't age, Jake, and maybe even Leon? Who knows, but I sincerely hope Capcom will change their minds about retiring these two mains. A lot of fans will be saddened to never hear from them again.

I know Jill was in Revelations (awesome storyline btw) but I like to see my heroes retire onscreen or in a file at least. I would've loved to see a cutscene in RE5 of her getting off that helicopter, seeing herself in the mirror and realizing, it's time to put her gun away. That would've been closure enough for me, but of course Capcom isn't smart enough to do that. :p

If only I worked for them, I'd have finished up a lot of unanswered stories by now.

Gosh story, everything you write makes me praise!!! lol I and other fans need that closure you speak of. I mean its becuase of the fans that keeps this game going, keep RE universe popular. So maybe if CAPCOM hears enough from their fans they can change their minds.

You and I should petition. Because seriously the route they are going, its going to be different from the classic RE games and im going to get un interested. hard to believe but i will. I rather see Jill retire, or Chris die in honor on screen to just leave those facts off the game screen and just from the mouths of CAPCOM developers.

letmelive311

While time changes people and we surely can't expect Chris to stay the same forever, especially after all he's been through, I'm more than a little disappointed with his character development. Much like with Leon, this progression of his personality did not seem natural at all but the huge difference is that, with Leon we can blame the time-gap; not so with Chris. He changed so much between RE5 and RE6 that I find it a little unbelievable. If he didn't even get this way after Jill's apparent death - a woman he's known forever and probably considers his best friend, someone he basically said 'screw the world' for - then I find it hard to believe that the death of his men would spark this sort of emotional detachment.

That added to Jill's sudden disappearance from the series after her treatment in RE5 just has me completely fed up with Capcom right now.

Good points my MG! I was shocked on how different Chris was acting. And that's one thing you have to watch when developing character, they have to stay true to their original qualities unless major events are described to the changes that could affect their character. six months drinking is a lot, and maybe that's why he ages so much in the games, (though for CAPCOM to use that excuse, is bull). As for when Jill disappeared Chris showed determination to find her or not give up by pumping iron, I mean come on he beefed up!( he is so sexy!)

After beating Chris's campaign I was very disappointed to the lack of Jill involved in finding him or helping, or even mentioned. I to felt fed up with the developers. I honestly think they are changing the way they do games to reach a bigger fan base, like call of duty players etc... but they should step on the toes of the True RE fans that have played every game and have watched all these characters grow into what they are today.

letmelive311

ok guys love the hair spin off, but lets get into juicy speculation!!!! I want to hear what you think should happen. Like if you where to write out a timeline or another game what would happen to explain her disappearance??? I'M all eyes to read what you have to say (write)

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
ok guys love the hair spin off, but lets get into juicy speculation!!!! I want to hear what you think should happen. Like if you where to write out a timeline or another game what would happen to explain her disappearance??? I'M all eyes to read what you have to say (write)
Maybe Jill retired after Chris became even more of an a**hole and she's living in a quiet town, then she's seen in a diner (eating a sandwich lol) and then she gets a call from Rebecca that Barry Burton has gone missing, then Jill and Rebecca team up to find him :)

Would be an ok side story for Jill and Rebecca, but hell I just want Barry back :D

Top Bottom