• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

For those who like games...

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Im a sucker for games that steal hours of my life away never to be returned. Games that make time dissapear, when you pause you find out you havent eaten for 3 days and have a kidney infection. Such games (RE of course) include
Final Fantasy 7-9, Tactics
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain,
Phantasmagoria (scared the jabesus out of me when i was like 7, i dont remember it all that well but i do remember some parts vividly. Dont play if you have a weak stomach)
Simcity(all),
Silent Hill (3 mostly)
Goldeneye 64

And more but you get the idea, i guess what i'm saying is its getting harder and harder for me to find that kind of caliber of game where after you finish you just stare at the credits and say.... wow...

So if anyone has any games or experiances they'd like to share feel free to let me know i'm always looking for that next Resident Evil

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Capcomplicated;74643 said:
Games that make time dissapear, when you pause you find out you havent eaten for 3 days and have a kidney infection.
LMAO :lol: :lol:
I know what you mean from first hand experience, but I've not had a kidney infection yet.

Do you like ane genre of games?

I find that Civilization and Grand Theft Auto (in particular San Andreas) can take huge chunks of my life. I heard Fallout is huge and takes months of playing if you want to see everything in it.

We Are Ninja

Saints Row 2... I've got 350 hours into the 360 version and just under a hundred on the 360 version. o_O

Armored Core Nexus: Only God knows how many hours I burned micro-managing weight, loadout, mobility and heat heat management...

Grand Turismo 4: Run for 20 laps, then watch the replay. Grind out a few actual races to buy and mod a new car, then run for 20 more laps. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Racing Lagoon: Japanese racing RPG. I love racing. I can't speak/read a lick of Japanese. Loved the game, but hours trying to figure out HOW to progress. Combine that with the fact that it was a 50+ hour game solely because it was a full-fledged Square RPG...

Among others...

Kellyrose

Dragon Age: Origins. It took me some 50 hours to beat it my first playthrough, and I pretty much did it all in one sitting.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Romero;74646 said:

LMAO :lol: :lol:
I know what you mean from first hand experience, but I've not had a kidney infection yet.

Do you like ane genre of games?

I find that Civilization and Grand Theft Auto (in particular San Andreas) can take huge chunks of my life. I heard Fallout is huge and takes months of playing if you want to see everything in it.

I love the Grand Theft Auto series.. 3 was so revolutionary in gameplay. lol those are the games i'm looking for (New or Old) any genre i'm a big gamer....although i enjoyed Gran Tourismo 2 when it came out i'm not a huge racing player but pretty much everything else.

My fav would have to be RPG but i'm an eclectic mix

marcel_resident

i love resident , but i like other games like :
final fantasy 7 ,9, 10 and 12 tactis
legasy of kain soul reaver , defiance and blood omen
the first sillent hill and the room
all guitar hero
metal gear solid
devilmay cry 3

pro evolution soccer 2010 and others ( but i love more resident evil ) ^^

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 have got me addicted to for a long time. It takes me about 4 hours to beat the first one and about maybe about 10 hours to complete 100% of everything. If I am not mistaking I think I it took me over 45 hours to beat the whole game for me at one point because I was trying to do everything so and I mean everything. Mass Effect 2 did more out of me. Since it was on 2 disks it made from 4 hours to 7 hours, and with all the new bouns features it would probably take me over 70 hours to do 100% of the whole game since it adds scaning planets which take me about 2 hours or less to do since you have to pretty much go over each planet.

Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls IV took about even more out of me. I think I played both more than 100 hours or maybe 700 hours on 1 save since the whole world on the games are majorly big. There is alot to do, plus I like to make a living for my characters on that game so it takes even more out of me.

Forza Motorsport 2 took some time out of me. Customizing cars, painting them, buy user created ones at an auction, and the racing. When I sit and play a Forza game I just litteraly sit and play music in the whole race. But I need to play it more since Major Nelson from XBLA sent me a cool looking car on there, but Forza 3 came out so I need to play that as well.

Lastly for me is Dead Rising. It takes 6 hours to beat the game. You have to survive in a mall for 3 days and each day is 2 hours long so pretty much I get hooked into it pretty much everytime I play it.

Hoady

Ok we got:
Gears of War 2
Super Smash Bros
Resident Evil 4
Oblivion and Morrowind

I can say in order that those games have ripped many hours of pure life from me.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Hoady;74709 said:
Ok we got:
Gears of War 2
Super Smash Bros
Resident Evil 4
Oblivion and Morrowind

I can say in order that those games have ripped many hours of pure life from me.

Oh super smash brothers i dont even want to think about how much that game stole from me...and how much kirby literally sucked
MARTH!

I forgot to mention SSX 3 to my list to open up new genre's...keep the fuel goin

tequila

Bottle Lover
Back in the day..... like late 1990s and early 2000s (ok I'm not that old lol)

Gotta love

Metal Gear Solid (took me like 30 hours to complete that)
Syphon Filter series (took me 20 hours on first run because I look through everything)
RE series before RE 4 (took me a whopping 15-20 hours on first run because I search through everything)
Paper Mario/Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (took me about 30 hours to do everything lol)
Grand Theft Auto 3 (i don't remember how long I have played it and I still haven't completed that game! SMH)
Devil May Cry, DMC 2 (took me around 15 hours to complete on first run)
Dino Crisis (took me around 15 hours)

*Most games I beat on first run is 20 hours or less so I can get familiar and search through everything. After that, it's a piece of cake.

We Are Ninja

^ 1.) Yes. 2.) Possibly, if you're a fan of the old-school feel of the earlier games in the series.

Burnout Paradise is another one you can lose days too. The single player game is ridiculously fun and quite involved. The online is even better. And I'm not an online gamer at all.

DJ Hero is a lot of fun too. Can be had for $30 w/ controller on the Bay or $60 w/ controller at Gamestop.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Kellyrose;74664 said:
Dragon Age: Origins. It took me some 50 hours to beat it my first playthrough, and I pretty much did it all in one sitting.
Wow you are hard core *bows*. I thought only I and a few now deceased South Koreans could play 50+ hours without major breaks...

I don't do that anymore though, I'm too old and wise now lol. :p

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's taking away a giant chunk of my life that should have been spent on essays.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Capcomplicated;74731 said:
I heard that game is like Resident Evil with dinosaurs...Two questions: Is it? lol
and is it a must play?

It was made by the same people who made RE, and yeah it's a great game :) basically a survival horror with dinosaurs instead of zombies.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Without saving the world, I can't stop playing The Legend of Spyro XD! Am I the only one who comes with Spyro...? Damn D:

Top Bottom