• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Easter egg: Jill Sandiwich

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Alucard;36869 said:
Giggidy giggidy gig-i-dee
LOL LOL
2494024314a3582677911b62288307m.gif
2494024314a3582677911b62288307m.gif

Hoady

I used to play dead rising heaps i'm surprised i never noticed that.Is that the one in the paradise plaza(the fat guy won't leave until you give him food)?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
There's a whole bunch of Capcom references, since Dead Rising is a Capcom game. There are also references to other videogames. I found a list on this forum:

Ghosts 'n Goblins (Frank's unlockable underwear).

Resident Evil ("Jill's Sandwiches", named after Barry Burton's line in the first game, “...you were almost a Jill Sandwich!â€.

The Special Forces operatives also look remarkably like HUNK, the Umbrella Special Forces leader from the RES 2 and 4)

Resident Evil 4 (The Special Forces whisper 'wait' to one another when Frank is around a corner directly out of their field of vision. This is the same thing said by Leon to Ashley in RE4 and very well could be the same voice though unaccredited. The cult members might also be a mock of the Los Illuminatos Cult members.)

Carlito bears a resemblance to Luis Sera

Overtime mode is a reference to the final cutscene of Resident Evil 4

Shadow Of Rome, a section of weapons in Ned's Knick-Knackery are from the game mentioned

Street Fighter/Final Fight (Zangief and Mike Haggar's Double Lariat and Charlie and Guile's Somersault Kick)

Viewtiful Joe ("Movieland")

There may be a reference to The House of the Dead with the female survivor named Sophie Richards, who shares the same name of a secondary character in the game.

There is an abundance of Mega Man related merchandise scattered throughout the mall and unlockable via achievements (This is not surprising, as Keiji Inafune is also the creator of said series.).

You can unlock Mega Man's real Mega Buster after getting the "Zombie Genocider" achievement, along with the Z-saber, unlocked after getting the "Five-Day Survivor" achievement.

Unlockable Mega Man X outfit including boots and tights (helmet can be located in the mall's cinema)

The brand of Frank's watch is shown to be a Mega Man brand.

There are Servbot helmets to be worn or thrown on zombies in the game.

One of the movies stands outside Movieland is for Mega Man 2 and has Mega Man X on it.

Adam the clown is wearing a Servbot badge.

The Clock Tower in the middle of Leisure Park is almost a Capcom signature in their games; such as Resident Evil and the recently acquired Clock Tower series.
In the games the tower would normally play a significant role in the game.

Psychopath Kent Swanson bears a resembalence to fellow Capcom character Larry Butz from the Ace Attorney series.

In Robsaka Digital, the Movie/Music Store in the Entrance Plaza, there is a DVD under the "animation" section titled "Lost Planet." This is a clear reference to Capcom's next project.

http://ziedrich.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=409

Top Bottom