• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City DON'T PLAY THIS GAME BY YOUR SELF MULTIPLAYER ONLY!

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
Playing by myself wasn't too terrible, since I knew that I pretty much had to do all the work, which I didn't mind. Though I refuse to play the campaign on professional ever again without some buds with me.

KKAAIIG

This game is full of bugs, overpriced and very short. I would've sold it ages ago but I stupidly bought a few Spec Ops missions which sucked more than the Umbrella missions!!

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I think I would have been sorely disappointed with this game if I bought it at full price, but at $30, I'm satisfied. It's not the best game ever and it does have it's share of problems, but it's not terrible. It's a great deal more fun than I thought it was going to be, actually! A solid C to C+!

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
Haven't gotten the game yet but it looks like it could be good. The main reason I haven't got it yet is I'm waiting for a price drop, since I can't get the full experience of the game with my crappy internet. I can't even update my PS3.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I've never played Mutliplayer, yet the game has not disappointed me. Perhaps because I wasn't expecting much of it anyway, but apart from a few bugs and that I found it insanely difficult, even on Casual when I played it for the first time, I quite like it now and it offers much replay value because of the countless possibilities to put your team and equipment together. I can't complain about the AI, but well, unlike many others I never had problems with Ashley or Sheva either, so perhaps I'm just easier to please in that respect.

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
not much to say, i liked the game a lot dont mind the ai, never cared them helping or anything, i love the multiplayer aswell except for the douches that play and say 123543582 stupid things in less than 1 minute, even got the dlc's and the weapon pack.

zombinater007

AI isn't the best but I live with it. I just hate how the AI stands there for boss fights. Ada Wong, they didn't help a bit. Not even as a distraction.
AI is never perfect in most games. The one game I played way back that had almost perfect AI was Star Wars Republic Commando (off topic :p) but that game the AI was so good that it almost felt like you were controlling an actual squad

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Can someone please fill me in on this game? What is this game about? Is it a main series game?

A game store here have a nice big and thick book for it, containing maps and other stuff. Few games have their own books and the book tempted me to buy both the book and the game. But the guy behind the counter said the game was rubbish and advised me to buy the other RE games instead.

Also in this thread so I see many voices against the game. But I have not heard or read anything about WHAT makes the game bad. I'm not writing it off as bad yet, other's opinion does not count unless they explain to me why it is bad or good.

So if anyone could:
a) Say what this game is about and if it's a main game
b) Say why they like or dislike it
- I would be thankful.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Can someone please fill me in on this game? What is this game about? Is it a main series game?

A game store here have a nice big and thick book for it, containing maps and other stuff. Few games have their own books and the book tempted me to buy both the book and the game. But the guy behind the counter said the game was rubbish and advised me to buy the other RE games instead.

Also in this thread so I see many voices against the game. But I have not heard or read anything about WHAT makes the game bad. I'm not writing it off as bad yet, other's opinion does not count unless they explain to me why it is bad or good.

So if anyone could:
a) Say what this game is about and if it's a main game
b) Say why they like or dislike it
- I would be thankful.
Its a reimagining of the Raccoon City events(RE2&RE3) from the point of view of a the USS and a government special unit. Basically things happen similar to how they did in those 2 games but just with these both teams being around and either helping or hindering the character progress.
I did like it. Its different than any previous RE. Its a tactical shooter and basically theres not as much story to it as there is simple killing but the few cutscenes there were sure were nice. Also it has a ****load of bugs, more than you can possibly imagine or at least it used to have, its patched since release but its still quite buggy.
If you play with friends it surely be entertaining but solo it might get quite booring. Also the multiplayer will keep u busy for a while since it got several modes in 1 of which you can even play as the main characters like Leon, Jill, Hunk, Ada...
Just a warning: the government agent campaign is DLC but its totally worth the price, its almost uncomparably better than the USS campaign which is on the disc from the beginning.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Its a reimagining of the Raccoon City events(RE2&RE3) from the point of view of a the USS and a government special unit. Basically things happen similar to how they did in those 2 games but just with these both teams being around and either helping or hindering the character progress.
I did like it. Its different than any previous RE. Its a tactical shooter and basically theres not as much story to it as there is simple killing but the few cutscenes there were sure were nice. Also it has a ****load of bugs, more than you can possibly imagine or at least it used to have, its patched since release but its still quite buggy.
If you play with friends it surely be entertaining but solo it might get quite booring. Also the multiplayer will keep u busy for a while since it got several modes in 1 of which you can even play as the main characters like Leon, Jill, Hunk, Ada...
Just a warning: the government agent campaign is DLC but its totally worth the price, its almost uncomparably better than the USS campaign which is on the disc from the beginning.
So it's non-canon, buggy, and you don't even get the whole game without purchasing more... I I'll pass.
And USS is not United States Senate?

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Oh my oh my i haven't been here and posted here for a long while, since i've got Resident Evil 6....anyways this game is good if someone wants that Resident Evil taste with a team-based death match ordeal :cool:

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
So it's non-canon, buggy, and you don't even get the whole game without purchasing more... I I'll pass.
And USS is not United States Senate?
It's like parts of it are and parts aren't. Maybe sort of like the Chronicles games.

It's pretty ridiculous though, so I choose to ignore it mostly.

Top Bottom