• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Does anyone still play?

Torque

iNFiN1TY;49117 said:
I think RE2 on a projector wouldnt look that good tbh.

yeah true, with it spread out even more, it may look alot more pixelated and uneven

wpstudart

Grace Saunders;49200 said:
Well, I think RE2 is a classic. It is precisely a game that you'll want to play again and again. But ever since RE4 came out, people have wanted to just shoot the hell out of anything that moves, so the older RE games get ignored a lot. I think introducing someone to the series and beginning with RE4 or 5 would be a bad idea!

You say what I always think, because people have to know what RESIDENT EVIL is, not some kind of gears of wars. But most of the people begun in Resident Evil 4 or 5, and they don't like the older ones :pirate:

EDIT: But I love the new Resident Evils, but let's admit it, they kind of aren't Resident Evils. :lol:

PsychoJill

Ive overplayed this game when i was younger, so I pretty much remember everything about it like item placement, i could probably even recite the lines. I occassionaly play it here and there when im bored.

codename: HUNK

I am in love with RE2. It was the first ps game I ever played, and I still play it to this day. Some people have pleasant childhood memories of fishing with grandpa or baking cookies with grandma. My memories are of playing RE2 and having competitions with my father to see who could get the best time. I did (1:28:48).Basically, what im saying is, RE2 has a sentimental value for me, and it will never grow old.

ConvictedMP5

the games over 11 years old now and i still play it more than modern warfare 2 lol. resident evil is basiclly the only games i play nowdays :)

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Gah! I love this game. This and RE3 are meh favs :^_^:. I don't have it for any game system other than my N64 (I know I know, wtf right?). I need it for my GC because I can't find my controller for the damned 64.

Hunk104

I have all my games save at the end so if i want toplay re5 but want to go thru order i can just play the last ten minutes of each game. But Yea i usually play res 2 when i get bored with new games hell it only takes two hours lol

ThrashHard

RE2 is my favorite game in the series. I've been playing that game since it came out. Nowadays I mostly do speedruns and try to beat the game without getting hurt.

Duo

****, it's only been 6 weeks since the first time I played this game. Did A-B in both orders and have found this one to be the best of all the RE games I've subsequently shoved down my throat joyfully.

Wesker1987

Hell yes, I still play it. I have it for ps1, just takes me back to when it was first released everytime I play it. It's probably my favourite in the series. I can do it in a couple of hours or so. Maybe quicker if I didn't take so much joy in killing loads of zombies on the way.
And custom shotgun does totally own @Xcessive_evil.
Also the custom magnum, but that badboy's recoil can really slow you down :D

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
i love this game , alone with RE3 ,RE4 and The Remake (Re5 i only play for mercenaries and VS)

i just beat it for the 3rd time, and finaly got the A Rank , i play the Gamecube version more now because of infinate ammo codes and the AR infinate health code, for now till i get better at killing lickers and birkin bosses, never beat the B Scenarios though, i recently beat it using only the Infinate handgun and Flamethrower (when needed)

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't have my RE2 anymore, but i usually go through RE3 with the infinite hanndgun (i only use the Magnum for the Nemesis battle in the clock tower).
I'll have to try a knife walkthrough someday.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
bruno;63504 said:
I'll have to try a knife walkthrough someday.
A knife walkthrough..
If this game isn't easy then you must be The Last Ninja. :ninja:

bruno

Chief Researcher
I always dodge all enemies, it's easy to dodge in RE3, the only challenge will be the bosses, especially Nemesis in the clock tower.

Top Bottom